> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/games/on-sale
youtube.com/watch?v=ht0zyWjMoC8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RPGMaker games are forever gone from Steam now no matter how well done they are right?

Anyone else slipped back into depression and became suicidal?

adding more shit to ui
now you can read descriptions, equip items, and equip rings
all of this stuff was in the previous ui but now I've had to re-add it to the new one so it's kind of reading old ground and it's incredibly tedious
at least it looks better now

>R.I.P. 1MAs edition

Made monsters with random placement, next step is to make doors and an actual character and combat, turns.

cool a minesweeper roguelike

Are you referring to the Steam direct thing or what

Greenlight is kill, but what stops people from using early access instead?

is there a way to view sales on itch.io?

Why do you think your single player game maker demo belongs on steeemeeem ANYWAYS

politely ask the dev.

Go to your dashboard

Of course.

I live in a shithole country, it is not even covered by Kickstarter and 5k here would put me in big dept.

itch.io/games/on-sale

You cheeky fuck.

shit, I should have realized how ambiguous that sounded.

I meant "sales" as in how many people downloaded the game

similar to the way you could view the number of people played a game on Steam

made a debug console.

What are some useful commands I should implement?

You're a big fish.

>tfw work limits me to working on my comfyjam game only a few hours a day and I only have one day off before the 14th
>tfw I can finish the actual game in under a day, but the animations are taking way longer than I anticipated

jobs are compensated rape

make one so that the pixels don't squish

It does look really good, frostdev.

Decided to increase aspect ratio from 640x360 to 640x480 but that is going to have to wait til tomorrow. In the meantime was sketching out how I would eventually like the dialogue boxes and stuff to look instead of what I currently have now.

At least for the moment, they don't expose that info. They're actively developing the platform, perhaps you could shoot them an email.

I don't think so. Only the developer can view their games analytics.
Even with Steam you can't view the analytics of a game. Steam Spy just guesses based on number of people playing, or whatever. And you can't view how many people are playing itch.io games.

comfy as fuck my man, I'm liking this.

FYI steam doesn't directly expose this data either. Steamspy pieces it together from concurrent players, youtube videos, and other indirect measurements. Frankly directly revealing sales data without the dev's consent is not good.

Itch could do an opt-in scheme, tho.

If you really want to know, just ask the fucking dev.

>tfw zero sales

MAJOR UPDATE:

Give some cartouches hieroglyphs.

Time to go free-to-play with ads and/or DLC

are you me from a few months ago

How does this work? Are all those downloads from giving away the game for free?

Demos?

I'll do a rhythm game for comfy jam.

Can a rhythm game be comfy? Yes it can, rhythm heaven was comfy.

holy shit not a single donation?

Someone make an allegiance clone and I'll suck your mountain dew.

I'm the guy with 2700 downloads. My games are just from various game jams, so they're all free. I haven't made a full game worth selling yet. Also I haven't made a paypal or turned on purchasing yet, so even if someone wanted to buy a game just to support me, they couldn't.

Anyone looking for an artist to work on their game?

sure what artist are you using?

>Also I haven't made a paypal or turned on purchasing yet, so even if someone wanted to buy a game just to support me, they couldn't.

...So why the fuck are you complaining then?

Because a joke.

Demos.
Disabled that.

Trying to add some of that "JUICE" you guys go on and on about.

I like it 300x better than last time, good job.

Although, that was because you put in a charged attack when everything gets 1-shot.

Can you offset their animations a bit so they're not all happening at the exact same time? That shit always looks awkward as fuck.

I was thinking about that. Should be fairly easy to add a state where they pause for a random odd number of frames

Looks very anime, nicely done.

hey you're back. neat.

that backround is fantastic.

Just for you

Nice.

Health and movement speed modifier, room speed modifier, command that pauses all entities except the player, command enabling you to freely pan the camera anywhere, tongue length modifier

Nice! That looks so much better.

I won't spam this or nothing- I just figured I'd ask once in this thread since I still haven't solved it since last thread. OKAY, SO:

As you can see, there's something off with the Z axis. At the start, everything looks to be working fine, but once I shift the angle, zooming in and out actually moves the camera to the sides, and by the time I turn all the way around, the zooming is completely reversed. So yeah, Z axis. Seems like it's focused on a single angle instead of adjusting to the player.

If you want to see my script for the camera zoom, I will paste it below. If you think it's something else, please tell me so that I might fix it. Thanks!

public class ZoomCamera : MonoBehaviour {

// FUCK
void Start() {

}

void Update() {

if (Input.GetAxis ("Mouse ScrollWheel") > 0)
{
//GetComponent ().fieldOfView--;
GetComponent().position = new Vector3(transform.position.x,transform.position.y-.3f,transform.position.z+.2f);
transform.Rotate(-2, 0, 0);

}
if (Input.GetAxis ("Mouse ScrollWheel") < 0)
{
GetComponent().position = new Vector3(transform.position.x,transform.position.y+.3f,transform.position.z-.2f);
transform.Rotate (2, 0, 0);
//GetComponent ().fieldOfView++;

}

// transform.position = new Vector3(Mathf.Clamp(transform.position.x), (transform.position.y, 0.0f, 0.0f), (transform.position.z, 0.0f, 0.0f));

}

}

>no replies in 20 minutes
Alright I want to see your 20 minutes of progress, /agdg/. Post that progress!

If it were me, I'd do something where I find the vector for the direction from the character to the camera, and then increase the magnitude, so you're basically lengthening or shortening a line drawn between the two. Not on a PC so can't test this but it feels right.

---

public class ZoomCamera : MonoBehaviour {

public GameObject player; \\ Fill this with a reference to the player object
private float scrollAmount; \\ Amount to scroll with each frame

void Update() {

Vector3 dir = player.transform.position - this.transform.position;
float distance = Vector3.Distance(player.transform.position, this.transform.position);

if(Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel") != 0)
{
float newMagnitude = Mathf.Max(1, dir.magnitude + scrollAmount * Mathf.Sign(Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel"))
this.transform.position = player.transform.position + dir.normalized * newMagnitude;
}

}

I was thinking of ideas the whole time

Geez, I'm tired. I forgot a semicolon on the second-to-last line of code, and also I made a distance variable that I don't need because I used the magnitude instead. Time to kill myself.

when you change camera position, you don't factor in how camera is rotated
you might need to determine the vector between camera position and player position (or it's x and y components) and advance the camera in that or opposite direction. the shift on z axis would be the same as in current code

I didn't see the point in stopping so I went ahead and changed the aspect ratio of the project. I did a side by side comparison with another danmaku (2hu) to show the obvious difference in the amount of space I gained. I think this is going to work out well (not going to redo the HUD, at this point the placeholder is going to be replaced anyway I think)

Dude, I can barely write code- shit, it'll probably make me a while just to copy the code you've written here- the fact that you're so concerned over a single error does nothing but demonstrate your expertise in the area, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

>you might need to determine the vector between camera position and player position
I genuinely have no clue how I'd go about doing that, but at least I have an objective to tackle now instead of wandering aimlessly! I appreciate it.

You said you liked my billboard sprites last thread, and I wanted to say thank you. I was gone when you posted that, I would've replied.

The sprites and general effect really did look good though. It is pretty exciting to see what will become of it all!

Made dead version of the crab, for the brain monster to emerge from

ayy

You should consider looking at some of the scripts contained in Unity's standard assets. There are some good all-purpose camera scripts in there that you can customize to suit your needs.

iddqd

Live version for comparison.

Would've liked to do more with the face, but I don't have the texture space for it...

i saw you too, pigpen.

God, I wish downvoting helped.

>not linking here so we can give you Yes votes easily

wow edgy

WHENS

GWYN

>square shadow
ABORT

Burn it with fire

put your name back on and kys

wow edgy

I will check it out more thoroughly this time. I already fumbled about with the third person camera, and it did not do what I needed from it, but I can look again to make sure.

Thank you- let's hope a lot. Hope yours turns out amazing too.

For whatever reason this seems to instantly teleport the camera to what I presume is the player position. I can't really tell since it's so zoomed in you don't even see the sprite anymore, but that's my assumption. But thank you for trying!

Wasn't undertale an rpgmaker game?

Gamemaker.

gm

His jab was that poors using shit tools to crap out games won't be able to afford the new thing, not that they're not allowed.

youtube.com/watch?v=ht0zyWjMoC8

In case anyone wanted something a little more substantial than a 5 second webm, I got bored and made this

Something about your specific type of 8-bit sounds is really piercing on the ears

Interesting. Are there any ones in particular?

The very first thing that plays in the video, the main menu song

you and / or your audio guy need to test on a variety of speakers
shit's harsh
is that even famitracker

The music is all made in PXTone.

I was about to ask how you could make things sound so shrill in famitracker, but I guess that explains that

I'll bring it up tomorrow

Plenty of detail as it is and a very nice aesthetic. Any idea what kind of gameplay you are going for?

I just put my game on Greenlight. Anybody who's been through this before have any pointers?

Not gonna shill it, no worries.

thanks

good ideas thanks.
tongue length will be an upgrade ;)

yes good idea

IDK

owlboy did it so im ok with it

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Did you post your game progress here? If so you should still post it here.

Also hard to give pointers without seeing your game. Unless your game is irredeemably shitty you should make it through greenlight... eventually...

Protip: Yes votes are the only thing that matters. You need a raw Yes score to get through. No amount of No votes will affect you.

Yup, it's irredeemable in the eyes of many.

I heard that before, that's pretty weird.

>not reading the thread
shyggydgtt

Make an appeal to the fanbase you got during demo day. You had that one guy willing to donate multiple times. It is time to tap your target audience, user. No shame in that game.

I can't fap to this. I'm a furry and I can't fap to this.

>he doesn't use ternary operators

your girls look too normal and I hate it