What is lost when giving up tribal life?

What is lost when giving up tribal life?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_anomaly
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything.

Nothing.

Something.

The ability to fuck around and do nothing all day long, wage labour was a mistake.

you can´t shape shift anymore

no room for the lazy on a tribe either

muh heritage

Also this

In modern terms, tribal societies had like a 4 hour work day or something.

Dying of starvation and preventable illnesses, mostly.

Freedom

We lose our natural habitat. All the bullshit we live in today is evolutionary novel and completely unsustainable.

You become more bitter, egoistic and cynical.

Starvation is like comfiest way to die desu.

Depends if you are conquered by force or if you do it willingly

That's not how you spell freezing to death.

MODS

You end up with faggots like

Disease and low life expectancy.

>I'm willing to wastly decrease my standard of living, just so I could work 4-6 instead of 6-8 hours a day

But I thought /hispol/ was all about being a productive member of society and not a layabout sloth?

Nothing worth keeping, we really were poorly made for surviving like animals, god bless our big brains and opposable thumbs

There's really nothing I dislike more than the Rosseau Thoreau mental image that man in the wild is man at his best when he's rubbing shit on Rogdar's forehead while he sleeps

a strong sense of community

Almost all hunter-gatherer tribes observed by anthropologists have a 2-3 hour workday on average. This is an extremely consistent number.

/mu/ is so fucking normal

Valuable survival skills. That's it.

>humanities

This is objectively wrong

t. anthropologist

>animalities/

Autonomy, self sufficiency, not being universally marginalized

No its 2-3 hours attaining food. That ignores everything it takes to make and maintain food attain tools, camp and other essentials.

Squat shit; fuck you Thomas Crapper.

no, it's 6.5 hours attaining and preparing food, but recalculated for the average of the entire tribe, since almost half didn't even need to hunt or gather and even those that did, didn't do so on a daily basis (rotation and so on and so on)

Stars

Fitness.
>Premodern Abos = Muscular. Abomode.
>Modern Abos = Fat fucks.

Damn, all of my papuan friend who haven't succumb to modern cheap food also have this kind body.

Motivation.

Just look at these guys and compare them to us fat slobs.

We could just as easily achieve these gains through sheer willpower and we would be better off for it, but we have no need to. Nature presented us with no choice but to become übermensch, now we must find a way to motivate ourselves despite having no incentive to do so.

The same applies to neolithic farmers with arthritis. Maybe if they had thought outside the box they could have gotten involved with trade and become a merchant or something, maybe if the normy population wasn't so easily spooked they wouldn't allow warrior Chads and master manipulator priests to exploit them. Instead, like me, they either didn't know any better or barely even tried.

It is not about material conditions. Having the option to farm is a bonus and we had the potential to be better off, instead we blew it.

Most of us would die if there was an apocalypse and we were at the mercy of nature again, so there is no going back, we have been cast out of the garden of Eden and the history of civilization is one of trying to reclaim what we lost.

SHIGGY. Don't do it

All the comforts of modern living are never worth this kind of a trade-off

Nothing of value

Living an fulfilling life in a very close knot community in an area tou intimately know.

Its how humans are aupposed to live.

Say that to the great city-states and empires of the ancient ages.

OUR CHAINZ

You seem pretty stupid.

I'm so sorry. Maybe you could ask those close knot communities that gathered more and more people for protection against marauders.

Or those close knot communities that formed alliances with other close knot communities to form expansive states. Again versus marauders.

Such a comfy lifestyle it must be, being a close knot community getting overrun by a bunch of violent savages.

10/10

>close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities close knot communities
>knot

The root to our live on this planet.The ability to live with and for your surroundings without taking and killing everything just to posess it.

We gained a shiny, meaningless world of plastic, completely seperated from our reason to exist in the first place

And don't forget it's not really "work" as it's what our bodies are designed to do

>marijuana overdose

Damn i was slacking this weekend but I think I'm gonna go workout now

Makes me feel kinda shitty to get fat and weak when my ancestors struggled and fought everyday of their lives

Basic survival skills as mandatory education
A lot of practical skills in craftsmanship
This. After you forage and gather all your food and shelter is adequate, you can basically do whatever the fuck you wanted. This is a very important one.

You only need to spend so long to do all the hunting, foraging and crafting. You'd definitely have more free time than a standard 40 hour work week gives you.

This

Yep. The western diet and way of life didn't fit their culture, mindset or physiques. These guys were built to live in the wild.

On a side note: Is it true that humans as a specias are physiologically designed to be hunter gatherers and many mental issues that plague society today are caused by a removal from our true lifestyle?

The comfort and freedom of wearing loinclothes.

Anything bigger than a small town is problematic for human psychological health

Innocence

Explain

nothing worth of noting

Fake.

It's not

It is.

Autonomy and independance.

As a collective, maybe.
No such thing to be lost for individuals.

Nah. Australian here: it depends on where you abo.

The groups found near very barren places weren't so fit.

Not him but social relationships can be optimal at around 500 people, you can remember the names of everybody and your current social status with them, that's why things like the Amish communities still work.

There's studies about this, but I'm lazy right know and you have google.

Beyond that, your brain can't keep up and generates social anxiety.

All of the main problems of modern city life are related to the fact that you have to compete for resources (for a sexual partner, jobs, etc...)

And that you can't trust the people around, because they are from a different background socio-economically, or a different religion or race.

In a small tribe you have a designated sexual partner, plus people that you can trust, and that are of the same race/religion as you.

>I'd like to trade my extensive but easy as fuck job for a shorter job that entails:
Higher childhood mortality
Nomadism (aka constantly moving around)
More physically intensive labour
No intellectual stimulation
No advanced forms of entertainment
Diseases
Crisis like starvation, animals, etc
Social ills like cannibalism and human sacrifice
Tribal warfare
A more limited existence in general

Modern lifestyles aren't a mistake. Modern people are, fucking whiners.

Monkey sphere

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_anomaly

Main problems you are describing, it's with low tech, instead of problems with smaller communities.

High tech small population, shouldn't have any of those problems.

Overpopulated city life it's not necessary at this point in our development.

We have enough mediums to solve the distance problems.

For the first few hundred years after settling down, neolithic farmers experienced much higher disease and famine rates than their hunter/gatherer counterparts. This was due to animal waste and a lack of waste managment while being sedentary. A whole lot of early farmers migrated and hunted in the off seasons until they could get their shit together.

Also, many native americans weren't migratory hunter tribes until they lost their land. They were shitty farmers without load bearing animals or mill stones.

>Overdosing on Sleeping Pills
>To "Antennas to Heaven"

Man, that actually sounds pretty fucking fantastic...

Somebody should try it and tell us if it's good.