/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

/ourguy/ edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly mission successful:

i love mira

frost is still best girl

She makes point defense fun again.
I just really want them to patch out the melee exploit

>ywn Operate as hard as John Wick

Why live.

I hope they never do.
Because then I'll stop getting free kills on idiots who go to punch it with pre-placed C4.

>choices

Mira, Frost, and IQ are the top tier female operators just going by design alone
also rip old twitch

Its arguably worse since you get the joy of fighting bullshit MM against premades, and are penalized if you leave to save yourself the blood pressure. Also shitty ELO calculating system.

Quick question from a /noguns/. Why do people find it so ridiculous for there to be female operators? I've heard that Valkyrie is especially stupid

i am shit at the game

>What is Ash in terrorist hunt

You swing less the more games you play, eventually you'll only gain/lose less than 20 per game

I hate Jackals AR

but love the SMG and shotgun

what is wrong with me?

same
>tfw you can't throw your empty guns at people

Explain this

>both cut dead straight
>both have same RoF
>AR gets better damage drop off
>AR gets better damage per shot
Do you happen to spray and pray?

I have good reload discipline

It's not just melee. Literally any splash damage goes through it. If you shoot a capitao bolt, the fire goes through the glass. I've actually already cooked like 15 people with it, you KNOW for a fact there's like 2-3 people sticking their nose up to the glass so you just gotta go capitao and shoot away.

Because there are pretty much no female special forces. Maybe FBI and GSG9 which are the least elite and more urbans of the units but the rest are known to have gruesome physical trials which women literally cannot beat. The navy SEALS trials are considered to be ridiculously tough and no woman could ever hope to pass them without cheating

>hide c4 on far side of wall
>put window in the wall
>wait till you see someone through the window
>explode person

there's already a group of accepted female recruits for SEALs but none of them has formally joined the force or even been assigned a unit. They're just there as placeholders, kind of like how you'd use to give your brother a disconnected controller while you played to keep him happy

Is that a Fecesbook filename?

>There is an actual elohell in the game
I find that hard to believe desu. Unlike League or Dota, a single good player actually can carry a team of shitters against other shitters.

The current ranked points handout creates an elohell, actually.

>splash
I'm pretty sure it's a clipping issue. The fire probably clips through walls anyway.

There are no female SEALs. Not now or ever in the past, and until very recently they weren't even considered eligible. It's possible there will be a few in the near future but most SEALs do not currently believe any woman could pass the training.
I don't know which of the other units in the game allow women in. FBI SWAT probably does and I'm pretty sure SAT does as well. Spetsnaz (Alpha Group) definitely doesn't.

who here is gonna buy a booster and farm renown this weekend?

Because proportionately, the amount of females represented in the game is way above the realistic ratio of females in the real versions of the CTUs that are in game. Valk (and Frost, or Hibana probably) especially so because her CTU doesn't even have any female operators in real life as far as we know.
I don't really give too much of a shit personally, as long as the ratios stay within believable levels (which they won't) since Siege is a honestly a fantasy game with only one foot in reality. If the devs actually keep going with the 1F 1M releases for new ops by the time we're done with year 2 we'll have around a 30% ratio, which is starting to get a little overwhelming.

People that give a shit about Siege don't tend to be people that feel unrealistic representation of minorities and females is important, given it's supposed to at least have themes of counter-terrorism and military operations, which liberals and people that would whine about such things have next to no interest in. The pandering isn't necessary, and we've got more than enough as is for Ubi to prevent poor liberal media coverage.
I'm almost a waifufag, and I think a few female ops gives good character variety in a game more focused on characters being unique, visually and gameplay-wise. But there's a point where I just want to play as a dude, because I'm a dude, and that's how most dudes are gonna feel too, especially in a military themed shooter.

There is an elohell, people who give your argument don't understand how elohells work. It does not matter if a guy can win against 5, statistically he is still at a disadvantage because he's the only good guy on his team, while the other team can have 5 good guys. Sure it's possible, but he is statistically at a lower position.

>Its a guy who roams as rook and doc just for the ACOG+MP5
>they also dont drop armor or heal you and run directly to their spawn killing spots

I know it's not the best solution, but in siege you can carry an entire team easily with just 2 good players, so it's best to queue with a friend that's also good.

The Elo-hell in Siege is unique, because since the matchmaking is so shit and can throw people with huge skill/rank gaps on the same team together, there's a potential for carrying and breaking out of that hell.
The issue occurs when one team is a bunch of varying ranks, most lower, and the other has a higher rank average across the board, which happens way too often because of shit matchmaking so no matter how hard one person will carry, the other three people on the enemy team that are at the same skill level as that guy are gonna end up stomping the unorganized mish-mash team anyways.
But otherwise the Elo-Hell in Siege is a lot softer, since like you said, one good player can carry a team easily if both teams are shit overall and ranks are won and lost a lot quicker than some other games (Like CS GO).

You're forgetting that the other team is also bad.

Elo hell is a myth in League and that's a game where it's almost impossible for a single player to carry a game without a huge skill gap over the entire enemy team. In Siege one guy who knows what he's doing can wipe 3 players before dying and if the rest of his team isn't boosted they can clean up.

Not that it matters anyway, because Siege's matchmaking is so shit that your elo doesn't even matter.

who cares?

The matchmaking makes elo hell real because it will consider a higher rank player to be a "counterweight" to a shit team. So a gold player will be thrown into a full silver/bronce team against a 4 gold 1 plat team, because the shitty mm considers that gold player to be a changing force in the game

if elo works as it is intended to (which it normally does, not so much in siege but in other mobas it works) than everyone will be at the same level. So the other team won't have a fucking advantage since they'll be at the same level as your team. Theres no such thing as elo hell, it's just bad players complaining. There has never been a case of someone buying an account with higher elo in any game, and actually staying at that elo.

A fair amount of people, just not you.
Also I'd imagine the guy that asked about it cares, which is why I was responding to him, faggot.

>have 80 hours put in, but still bad at the game
>ace makes me feel good
>see they were all sub level 30s afterwards

Still counts

>the amount of females represented in the game is way above the realistic ratio of females in the real versions of the CTUs that are in game
its also a fictional game, in a fictional universe made by tom clancy, who's books show a lot of female operators, and that female success rate is the same as males
get over it

It does not fucking works as its supposed to, thats why you have a lot of people saying the same thing. Like some user said on the other thread, you get retarded differences between won/lost points at the same time, if elo worked as intend, you would NOT win 95 points (100 needed to rank up) per victory and lose 93 per defeat.

Also, once the points handout stops being "supercharged"; you start making a meaningless amount of points while losing even more than what you win. I was platinum during skull rain and yet I spent like 90 of red crow on silver 2-3 because of how ridiculously grindy (plus getting matched into shit teams) the points handout was.

Basically I was winning 10-12 points per victory while losing 15, if I won 3 games in a row the game would start matching me against platinums and again upon defeat I'd lose the progress of those 3 victories.
We're also talking about silver 2, I get a massive point deduction in platinum 3 or diamond, not in silver 2 where it should be relatively easy to get out from.

Hello /r6g/

I did the 10 win sat challenge and claimed my reward but my weaboo charm isn't anywhere. Am i fucked now?

thanks in advance.

>ACOG
>416-C
>literally didn't even bother to use his gadgets
>most likely didn't bother to reinforce any walls, either

I'm a guy and I don't really give a shit because I'm not 12. My favorite defender is Frost.

In all honesty, I think the 50/50 ratio for DLC ops is hilarious because it shows Ubisoft is still absolutely terrified of being called sexist again, 2 and a half years after the Unity fiasco.

This is just unacceptable for a """""competitive FPS"""""

HUD says he did reinforced walls.

>didn't deploy your gadget
Fucking scum. What if you'd died without getting any kills? You would've contributed NOTHING to your team.

Clan leader here. I just spent twenty minutes trying to get a skirmish going with another clan, and the FUCKING connection wasted everyone's time. Eventually one of our guys had to deal with his kid, and the whole match (planned and prepped for a week) was ruined.

We voted to move on. Reasons like this is why Siege is dying. It's a great game when it works. WHEN IT WORKS. Sorry, bit pissed now.

Server just go down for anyone else?

i already found a glitch

>buy a booster

>2 dollars is A LOT of money :(((

>Siege is dying
>even though the playerbase has been growing gradually since launch
I don't even know what you get by posting shit like this.

>clan leader here

>HUGE cock lover here. I just spent twenty minutes truing to get a small friendly gay orgy going with another group of prancing lala homo men when the FUCKING dildo batteries died, wasted everyones time. Eventually one of our gays had to go cook dinner for Tyrone and teh whole orgy (stretched and prepped for a week) was ruined

>we voted to just finger ourselves alone instead. Reasons like this is why everyone thinks homos are a bunch of complete inept retards

Hey notice I said in the post that you just replied to that I don't seriously care, I like having Female operators as opposed to none, and I acknowledge that it's a fantasy game.
But hey, good to see I'm testing your reading comprehension, glad to help. Keep practicing.

>My favorite defender is Frost
Hey cool, my favorite defenders are Mira, Smoke and Frost. Glad you missed my points there.
I should elaborate; there's a sense of brotherhood that's tied to operating in real life, which anyone that's ever been on a sports team or had a hard-working job with all men would be able to relate to. Being able to bond to all the men you're working alongside with, knowing you share a similar thought process and level of ability, which in turn becomes trust, is a huge part of the psychology of real life operators. This game diminishes this theme/relationship to real life by introducing too many females, which also hurts suspension of disbelief in the process. I'm still hoping they add a cute Female medic attacker and a Gas-mask chick going into the future though. Honest, Operator-tier women that fit their roles actually make for some sweet designs.

But yeah it is hilarious that they're sticking to the 50/50 ratio so strictly. How scared of criticism they are is obvious as fuck.

>Picks Montagne
>Doesn't have mic
WHY

I posted here every and now then in the past. I've got over ten guys, and because of Ubisoft's issues we're no longer playing. I'm going to the places I frequent and letting people know so word gets out so that maybe Ubisoft gets it shit together one day for their next game. They probably won't, but meh it's better than just letting this shit rest.

And the game is definitely not doing well, regardless of whatever freebie numbers suggest. Every clan I know has either quit or considering it.

>Spoken like a true Pub.

Mira's ads is fat as fuck

>I should elaborate; there's a sense of brotherhood that's tied to operating in real life, which anyone that's ever been on a sports team or had a hard-working job with all men would be able to relate to. Being able to bond to all the men you're working alongside with, knowing you share a similar thought process and level of ability, which in turn becomes trust, is a huge part of the psychology of real life operators. This game diminishes this theme/relationship to real life by introducing too many females, which also hurts suspension of disbelief in the process.

lmao this shit

Are you a proleague clan? If not, you're part of the 99% pubshit nobody/clan

>I should elaborate; there's a sense of brotherhood that's tied to operating in real life, which anyone that's ever been on a sports team or had a hard-working job with all men would be able to relate to. Being able to bond to all the men you're working alongside with, knowing you share a similar thought process and level of ability, which in turn becomes trust, is a huge part of the psychology of real life operators. This game diminishes this theme/relationship to real life by introducing too many females, which also hurts suspension of disbelief in the process
Nigga are you autistic
It's a fucking video game. Some of the gadgets border on superpowers. Caveira's actually is a superpower.

You what clans aren't proleague? Every clan that isn't proleague. You can still have dedicated and skilled players without being or going pro. (And yes, some clans just don't want to take that extra commitment because their members actually have families and jobs.)

You don't need to be pro to have valid complaints, or affect the game's playerbase, and thus the game, and thus Ubisoft.

It's funny you mention yourself as noguns because it's mostly the noguns and civilians that are bitching about the female operators in a Rainbow Six game

Shitpost leader here. Noone gives a fuck about you, your hot opinions or your clan.

You aren't important to me, anyone else posting or least of all Ubisoft. Keep yelling at the wind though, or better yet.

Fuck off.

Think about how believable some of the more ridiculous abilities we have would be in a more near-future setting.
>Thatcher's EMP
>Both SAT abilities
>Jackal's Eyenox
And Cavs interrogate of all of them would be fucking amazing.
If in the near future, if soldiers were actually equipped with field huds that show them friendly positions, G.R.A.W. style, an Operator that hijacks the Hud OS on wounded enemies (since an on-death kill-switch would likely be in place to prevent intel leaks) would make perfect sense.

if he's not autistic or joking, he's definitely the type to beat his future gf/wife if he ever gets one

>And the game is definitely not doing well, regardless of whatever freebie numbers suggest. Every clan I know has either quit or considering it.
>player numbers consistently rise over time but all my friends are quitting so the game is dead
This is bait.

SICK Facebook meme xDD

I'm just pointing out themes that naturally relate to having a game about military shit, not saying that any of this makes or breaks the game for me.
And If you think understanding human psychology is autistic of all things, you need to brush up on your definition of autism.

t. gay hispanic nigger that can't hold a job

>team of plats thing they are good because they are pub stumping
>they teabag after every kill
>they are toxic as fuck in all chat
>overall terrible people
>they get put the fuck down by just my friend and i

i laugh any time someone says this community is nice

the human psychology is that your "male brotherhood" only exists because you were a bunch of people who happened to be guys and you all strove toward some goal together.

there's not some innate, biological male brotherhood.

Yah

>Hostage on Coastline
>first round our recruit on defense kills hostage for no particular reason
>2nd round is 3v5 because votekick and someone leaves halfway through round
>Last round our Fuze use his meme bombs on the hostage

Casual matchmaking was a mistake

>Triggered gaijin

>there's not some innate, biological male brotherhood.
That's actually just wrong though.
Read up on your shit before you start making baseless claims.

>lmao triggered
Being a non-white doesn't make you exempt from being a gaijin btw

are you some retarded autodidact? YOU read up on your baseless claims you dumb nigger

Crossfader or Chupinazo?

So I used to solely main mute, thermite, thatcher, rook, and doc for year 1 to fill out the team.

But recently toward the end of the the Japanese season I've shifted towards hibana, Jager, Bandit, Ash, and sometimes twitch all with an acog.

I feel like I've dropped the teamwork oriented playstyle I had for a super competitive tryhard.

I'll choose the team oriented ops when needed, but I'm totally shit with them now.

I don't spawn kill but I will jump outside to flank if I know I can catch the enemy team off guard from the sides midgame.

Am I tryhard cancer now?

El Dorado

Already copped it.

Restart your game.

The thing about playing team players instead of MLG fraggers is that if you do your job as a team operator, it's still perfectly feasible everyone else fucks up and you lose. Perfect jammer placement and drone control doesn't win a game like Jager shooting everyone in the face.

>Lol my preferred sources on psychology are more reliable than your sources
Sorry, I almost forgot Psych was a partially subjective science. Let's not argue otherwise or else we'll end up having a Veeky Forums shitfest in a Veeky Forums thread

The majority of people that complain about tryhards are shitters that aren't good enough to actually challenge a player with high skill (which is unfortunately exacerbated by shit matchmaking).
Unless you start crazy flanking and using high-tier tactics on a full team of level 30s or coppers in casual, I'd say you're fine.

Chupinazo looks better on more guns imo, but it all depends on what guns you use and which you like the style of more. Crossfader only looks good on a handful imo.

That's all you need. It's my new favorite universal besides the Japanese wave painting. I replaced every single one of my guns with El dorado besides Woody for the SAS shotgun and the Japanese ops who have the wave.

The best team players are ones that can hold their own as a utility op and don't overextend. Having 2 or 3 teammates that know how to stay alive and know how to occasionally reposition safely near or on a site is way more useful than a team of 5 ash/jager mains fighting over ops with the best guns and spreading out every round.

Trust me, I'm using the term correctly. We created it. Dumb gaijin.

Weeb.

there is no Veeky Forums shitfest because you're literally making shit up. you haven't even posted sources, because there are none unless it's some lol 1950s shit

Tfw throw on night club scene before firing up velvet shell.

THINK.
OF ME.

Of course. But how often does that happen in pubs.

4 shitters that won't communicate and a Jager who can pick the enemy apart has a better chance of winning than 4 shitters and utility op nailing his role

I wouldn't say I'm high skill.

I placed plat 3 last season and have yet to hit diamond but it's mostly through half hearted attempts to climb the ladderr due to what teams I play with in ranked desolving once we get beat by a better team.

Also, just more interest in quick casual games that don't last forever or penalize me from quitting midgame due to real life.

So far I've dropped from plat 3 to gold 1 in the new seasons ranking system 3 times so far.

I haven't been tryharding on low levels, but they make it easy to win. I had a game on Border where I broke the door onto a balcony as jager and mowed 3 of them down before they even noticed I was there.

I have a love/hate relationship with free weekends and sales that bring an influx of new players because of the easy kills but hate being brought down by new players on my team when I solo queue in casual.

what is this face trying to convey

>work all day
>want to play but im too tired and I know I'll be slow on the draw and making shit plays as I always am when I'm tired
>just watching star trek and shitposting instead.

anyone else feel they're shit at the game when they're not hopped up on caffeine and fresh?

just smoke some bud dyood

>when the kush hit you

>I'm an actual Jap I swear
If you say so buddy

>You never posted sources
Neither did you, and I don't think we should start unless you want to hardcore shit up the thread.

You're right, and I do wish the game had more favor for good gadget use and the good-aim/hard shooting playstyle was more of a supplement to good strategic team-oriented play, but at that point you're making a different game.

The "I didn't know there was a trap door in that room"

What a shit idea. That only makes me slower and lose all map awareness.

Operator ability idea: rearview mirror