/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Thought he could stand toe to toe with a Vicar:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oGQ86Aet_7M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for /OURBOY/

>snuff out the First Flame
>entire screen is pitch black except for your HUD, torches don't work because you brought about the Age of Dark

Someone post the WebM of her blinking her eyes separately.

>bloodborne in pasta

You dun goofed, user.

>blinking her eyes separately
Isn't that what lizards do?

Just look at this sexy motherfucker.

someone should tweet Vaati or something asking for specifics on the Angel death/respawn animation -- do they get summoned back in like a phantom by the Pilgrim, or are they literally emanating from it like a spell?

Is that pontiff or lothric?
It looks identical to the prayer set.

Speculating is more along the lines of Solaire is the firstborn, Old ornstein is Yorgh, Aldrich ate Nito

You can have fun trying to point those out and trying to pointlessly link things, bu please, don't pretend they were ever relevant lorewise or hold any 100% true proof instead of just things that might be.

I want to play through DS2 having dropped it after 10 hours previously. What can I do to make this fun? Weapon/build info is appreciated.

Nothing, if you just hate the game then don't bother.

Pontiff. That's the profaned greatsword. Meanwhile lothric can't even pick up his straight sword.

the funnest weapon for me in ds2 is the greatsword. going gutsmode could help, if you're into that sort of thing. nothing makes it funner than other games though, it's just so fucking slugish

It's a statue though, he doesn't have to be using it.

Don't be ashamed to over-level for FoFG, the place is pretty bullshit.
Spellcaster builds are overpowered, but always have some reliable source of physical damage.
Most enemies don't have strong resistance against Strike damage, so maces are OP.
Lifegems make the game ridiculously easy.
Level Adaptability.

I wonder, is Dancer effectively the queen of Irithyll? She's the highest ranking knight left after Vordt and Pontiff are killed.

Bloodborne belongs here.

Dark Souls 2 is slow and clunky. It doesn't start getting better until you dump 20+ levels into Adaptability, and the best areas of the game (DLCs) are locked behind the worst areas of the game (Iron Keep, poison spithouse, gate of one million souls).

One thing you can do to make it entertaining is what I like to call a "RNG playthrough". Start with the Petrified Something, trade the Something to the crows at the start of the game. You have to use whatever you end up with for the rest of the game. Use the small white soapstone sign when possible to get smooth and silky stones, and trade them to the crows for more things. Always trade with the crows when you can, and you must use everything you get from them. Join the Rat covenant at your first opportunity for more chances to get smooth and silky stones.

Let's play Occam's razor here. It makes more sense for it to be Sulyvahn then Lothric. Why would they make a statue with Lothric holding what is Sulyvahns unique weapon?

Plus Sulyvahns clothing is that of the scholars. We also know he's against fire linking just as the first of the scholars was. Ergo, it makes sense for him to be he first scholar and who the statue shows.

It's Lothric of course
Why would they build a statue for Sulyvahn in Lothric

>Why would they make a statue with Lothric holding what is Sulyvahns unique weapon?
To honour his mentor, or something.
>Plus Sulyvahns clothing is that of the scholars
Except the statue is not wearing those that look like pontiffs or the vestments of candle-men.

There is always a simpler explanation.

Simplest explanation: the figure wearing Lothric's clothes, which he's been wearing since birth and are special ceremonial robes that only he wears due to his role as chosen heir, is most likely Prince Lothric. The fact that he probably can't even use the Profaned Greatsword could actually be supported by the fact that he isn't even holding it up on his own. If anything, it looks more like he's struggling to hold it in place the way it is.

what are some fun builds for a new playthrough dsg (no magic or pyro pls)

>don't pretend they were ever relevant lorewise or hold any 100% true proof

I think this is a strawman, no one is doing that, no one is even talking about that.
an user claimed that DS is a simple and straightforward story, and the 100% lore truth is all you need to make sense of things.

I disagree. If you only took the story at face value, you'd come away with "Linking the fire good! Age of Dark bad!" This might be fine for some, but I feel like it's an oversimplification.

What if we go simpler? Asset an intern decided to reuse.

if it were a statue of Lothric it wouldn't have Pontiff's sword in the first place, though, it would have Lothric's sword

Also: the statue is wearing Pontiff's bracelets

>inb4 muh prayer robes
those robes aren't exclusive to Lothric, all the casters/priests in Lothric Castle wear similar attire

Hidden Body ninja speed run. Backstabs only.

>strawman
>If you only took the story at face value, you'd come away with "Linking the fire good! Age of Dark bad!" This might be fine for some, but I feel like it's an oversimplification

Of course that's an oversimplification, you fucking hypocrite. You're the one doing the oversimplification, and also that's a strawman.

There's also Kaathe, who provides his own argument that the age of dark is good for reasons to add a different perspective from Frampt, there are facts about other things in the game like who the characters are and what they do, what happened where, and a rough order of events, all that jazz. There has to be, if there's enough in place to speculate off at all.

Now quit being a nignog about it.

>Turns out time and space are collapsing
>Earthern Peak's elevator now makes sense thanks to DaS3 lore

>>Earthern Peak's elevator now makes sense thanks to DaS3 lore

Stop making excuses for the horrible bastards who made DS2's level design.

Sulyvahn has no connection to Lothric tho
>muh first scholar
NO

>muh first scholar
yes

>tfw I just realized the other day that Pontiff is the "first scholar" mentioned in that spell you get in t he archives, and not Aldia

>Sulyvahn has no connection to Lothric tho
>a statue in Lothric that either depicts him or Lothric holding his sword

>there's no connection, except this one which I'll immediately deny without counterargument

>casters priests in lothric castle wear similar attire

Sure, but not exactly the same. Theirs looks different.

I like to think the statue is just the idealized version of what everyone was hoping the prince would turn out to be instead of the frail fuckboi they ended up with.

tell that to miyazaki

But you don't. The 100% true relevant lore has people claiming the dark is good as well in all three games.

don't you get it, user? the geographic inconsistency is a reflection of how badly hollowed the player character is -- they're losing their memory and thus cannot form good recollections of long journeys throughout the continent, ending up in places they shouldn't be without a good perception of how they got there

You only just now figured that out?

>There's also Kaathe

The leader of skeletors? the guy in an endless void?

Yeah the game doesn't try at all to portray him as a bad guy. Just the same as Frampt right? You're fucking deluded and mad about being deluded

to be fair, that information isn't readily available to everyone. not all can read moonrunes

that still doesn't explain why they gave him Pontiff's weapons and jewelry

The fact is that the game presents counterpoints and uses reasoning for them, which contradicts your strawman.

>unironically believing Kaathe's lies
haha epic post buddy, I can't wait to hang out with all my bloathead friends as a hideous Abyss monster will all the hollows and pus of men haha sounds like a good time amirite?

Of course not, because that's the actual question being discussed here. Who it's a statue of or who's sword that is were never in doubt, it was why Prince Lothric has Sulyvahn's sword and bracelets.

wait so if I understand this properly, in addition to all the shit we know for sure that Pontiff did, he ALSO is the one responsible for convincing Lothric to not link the flame? what DIDNT he do?

To be fair, the soul geyser/stream do have the same names and both pontiff/aldia share the tree theme.

>being this bad at reading comprehension
I didn't say anything about Kaathe being right, you ass burger.

Survive.
>pontiff_point_down.png

They are counterpoints in the same way a villain is counterpoint to a hero.
The game and story portrays it as such at face value.

Pls find me a character that calls for the Age of Dark who is not portrayed as creepy and evil. I'll wait

>what DIDNT he do?
The whole plot of vanilla das3 can be summarized with "Pontiff fucks the world". It's only in the DLCs that we learn about the things Londor did instead.

Will bluebois ever recover?

>Pontiff hanging out around the exit to the Painted World

>MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT, WHAT IS IMPORTANT, IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO

What new lore will we learn about /OURBOY/ in the ringed city?

>They are counterpoints in the same way a villain is counterpoint to a hero
Fucking false. The game makes no attempt to define either ending as good or evil, and Frampt is no less duplicitous than Kaathe. He manipulates you just as much in the exact same way to serve his own ends. The Age of Fire isn't shown as anything more than the continuation of what little is left after the events of Dark Souls 1, and the Age of Dark isn't presented as anything more than a total reset button.

>muh false dilemma
Get out of here with your plebian-tier argumentative structure.

I'll view the DLC as a letdown if we don't get to fight some fucking Primordial Serpents.

well to be fair, Aldrich and McDonnel acomplished a lot of evil shit on their own before Pontiff showed up

It's Lothric wearing one of Sulyvahn's bangles and admiring the Profaned Greatsword.

>It's only in the DLCs that we learn about the things Londor did instead.
what

AoA was Londor: the DLC, and TRC has Swords of Avowal stuck literally everywhere + it seems like the Angelic Faith of Lothric was all a part of Yuria's plan

Fair point. I almost said we don't actually know when Pontiff showed up, except we know Aldrich was from at least one firelinking ago. I don't remember him doing any evil shit aside from eating people and corrupting an entire church, though. The road of sacrifices was probably his doing, at most.

>Sulyvahn fucked Lothric into the twink he is today

What else has this madman achieved?

>AoA was Londor
You can't just say stuff like that without elaborating

why would you want to fight a primordial serpent?
every single big monster boss fight in Souls is disgustingly bad. If we get to fight one, I hope it talks during the fight (or we can hear its snoring as we approach), and it isn't a "here's three phases bro, ok you defeated him, bonfire, yay!". I unironically expect something fucked up after defeating one, like the world suddenly imploding in front of you, or everything freezing, or a final CGI cutscene. Otherwise the impact of fighting a primordial serpent is completely gone if they're just one more boss.

no, but you're saying one would be just as likely to side with Kaathe and dark as Frampt and fire. And the game does nothing to portray one side better or worse than the other...

"It's just a different worldview bro!"

>Frampt is no less duplicitous than Kaath

If you're just going by what's presented without speculating, why would you believe that?
If you don't think that the dark is depicted negatively in the game, I don't know what to say. You're deluded, perhaps you've gone Hollow?

I think that it's safe to say that everything up to Aldrich linking the flame was done on his own without Pontiff's help

>eating tons of people alive
>torturing people to death for fun
>setting up the evilest religion in Souls history
>fucking up the Undead settlement
>destroying Astora
>not evil

>AoA was Londor
but it wasn't. AoA is all about re-introducing paintings to the plot and making them relevant (possibly the focal point of it all). Elfriede (who abandoned the Sable Church, so she isn't even L O N D O R anymore) is merely there to explain the corruption.

It's pretty much confirmed it's gonna be serpents
>SnakeSoul

Friede was from Londor, the Painting is some kind of dark magic, and the entire point of AoA was to show how deluded Londor was, by showing what a bad idea it is to keep a rotting world on life support past its' expiration date instead of letting it die

you're bracing yourself for disappointment if you're expecting this though (the pic, the text part is basically impossible)

The one you killed in Irithyll was an illusion cast by Aldrich.

>nd the entire point of AoA was to show how deluded Londor was, by showing what a bad idea it is to keep a rotting world on life support past its' expiration date instead of letting it die
what are you talking about you retard
Londor and its agents (the sisters of the Sable Church) want to end the age of fire, that's why they ask you to steal the flame and let the world die

>tfw can't beat Pontiff

I can't kill his clone fast enough and when both gang up on me I'm fucked.

Help.

Friede was one of the Sable Church's three founders, Vilhelm was her knight, Friede abandoned the Sable Church and found something she wanted to preserve in the Painted World so she convinced Father Ariandel to quench the flame with his blood so the painting would linger instead of being remade. AoA was the Painted World with Londor makeup.

>you're saying one would be just as likely to side with Kaathe and dark as Frampt and fire
This is true, though. People were arguing for months which side was the actual "good" ending because the game never tells you. It only presents arguments for both sides and lets you figure it out on your own.

>If you don't think that the dark is depicted negatively in the game, I don't know what to say
The Age of Dark is presented as a total reset button. Nothing more, nothing less. The Age of Fire is presented as a continuation of what little is left. Nothing more, nothing less. Neither ending is presented in terms of good or evil, only whether you think there's anything worth saving or if you're going to throw it all away for a fresh start.

Thinking otherwise requires information that isn't actually in the game, i.e. speculation.

I'm not, I know that The Know screenshots are all from scrapped beta builds where we fought Gundy in Oceiros' room and Wolnir in Yhorms.

Try dodging

I forgot about the Astora bit.

Londor's stated goal is to give the First Flame to mankind, since there aren't any gods left to make use of it. Yuria says these exact words, only a little more flowery. The end result, as shown in the ending cutscene, is an age separate from either light or dark populated by barely sane hollows who hardly have the energy to kneel, but will most likely continue existing in perpetuity.

wow how is it possible to miss the point this hard

>usurping the flame is letting the world die
no it isn't, letting the fire die is letting the world die. shoving it inside yourself and keeping it alive with your humanity is NOT letting the world die, it is letting the world fester forever instead of dying as intended, just like how refusing to burn the painting causes rot and fester. it's no better than continuing to link the flame. letting the world outside the painting die is the End of Fire ending

You can damage his phantom while he's summoning it. He's not exceptionally hard, but I still consider him to be on the harder spectrum of Souls bosses if you don't parry him.
I also find the circlejerk around him amusing.

>killing the clone

P A R just summon

>seeded gank squad hiding in the top of the ladder shortcut room at pontiff (after the silver knights)
>spamming pyros and force from the doorway
>fuck this, invaded these faggots three times in a row now
>whip out milliwood bow + obscuring ring
>watch the host from the platform after the waterway bonfire
>every so often he runs out to jump on invaders
>one time he runs off
>charge up my bow
>he kills the invader
>he's running back to his fuccbois
>shoot the arrow into the corner of the bridge
>think I fucked up, not good with bow
>host doesn't see it
>runs past it
>it explodes
>gets blasted into the abyss below
>go home with shekel

My first bow kill, felt good.

I want to lick his wooden cloaca

what is the hardest boss in DaS3?

The Pontiff really is a Deviantart-tier OC character.

I always found this amusing. All the horror stories I heard about Pontiff intimidated me to all hell, so I summoned Gotthard and Anri on my first attempt, expecting a super hard fight, and they ended up just handing him his ass without me ever falling below 50% HP.

He's one of the few bosses in the game where summoning AI phantoms will turn him into a fucking joke.

This is my first build. I didn't have the confidence to make my own, so I made a "pre-made" one for Prince Austin Lyle from kings field 3

120 Deprived

Vigor: 20
Endurance: 20
Vitality: 21
Attunement: 20
Strength: 20
Dexterity: 30
Adaptability: 6
Intelligence: 30
Faith: 6

LH1: Blue Flame
LH2: Bare Fists
LH3: Moonlight GS
RH1: Royal Kite Shield
RH2: Drakeblood GS
RH3: Bare Fists

Spell 1: Magic Weapon
Spell 2: Shockwave
Spell 3: Soul Greatsword
Spell 4: Repair

Ring 1: Ring of Blades
Ring 2: Third Dragon Ring
Ring 3: Ring of Restoration
Ring 4: Bracing Knuckle Ring

No Estus, Lifegems, green blossom, crimson water and Dragon Charms only, no bonfire or death run

Sister Friede
Three fucking health bars and the last phase is basically Lady Maria

how did Pontiff break the dancer?

Literally fucked her silly.

He put a ring on it

Of course he is. Pontiff was born in a painted world, then escaped the painting and came to life. He's literally someone's OC.

It's a tough call between him, Friede and Maria from BB.
>evil pope wizard king with 2 massive swords, a Stand and touhou twig wings
>evil dual scythe nun with 2 scythes and ice + black fire
>evil undying huntress with flammable blood and twinblade that transforms into 2kat

>implying that he didn't edge her 24/7, teasing the brink of an orgasm and only allowing her to cum when she renounced the gods

>bursts out of a drippy cum bubble

>brass set
still mad about your trapfu huh

Lore question time.

>gwyn gave a lord soul fragment to the four kings
>gwyn at some point left to fight chaos and link the first flame
>aota happens in the past, before new londo was built

When exactly did Gwyn go to link the fire? Did he actually see Manus hulk out and corrupt an entire city, then just sit around for a few hundred years and let a bunch of people repopulate the same place again? New Londo built a fucking staircase into the Abyss for crying out loud, what did he think would happen?

Gwyn probably linked the flame before Oolacile revived Manus and drove him insane with whatever fucked-up things they did, he never saw the Abyss

New Londo was built and thriving at this point, the reason why the 4Kangs got suckered into the Abyss party was because that shit was literally leaking up into their basement

youtube.com/watch?v=oGQ86Aet_7M

No one said he was very smart. He's basically just Zeus. Only difference being he didn't birth someone from his thigh. (That we know of)