The Debate of the Century

Lets get a quick rundown of support for electric cars, and hate for them.

strawpoll.me/12497724

Personally I am skeptical of them but not completely opposed, I feel as if I would miss the sound of a good exhaust.

Why don't you drive one, would be an easier way to form an opinion

babby's 1st thread

Where do you suggest I do that
We all have to start somehwere

from a physics and engineering point of view electric motors and batteries makes much more sense than internal combustion engine and fossil fuels

Nope.

Even the best batteries have energy densities 1/4 that of gasoline, and rely on exotic metals with long charge times, and severely lack the infrastructure to maintain them. There's a lot more to engineering than "muh torque curves" and "muh clean energy"

I don't mind the fact that they exist, and I don't mind the technology being used to advance engines and the like. There are some pretty sweet hybrid supercars.

The normal electric cars though have no personality though. I like hearing my engine, can afford gas, and like able to do my own maintenance from time to time. I'll never buy one for myself.

Unless it's a P1.

The only car "enthusiasts" that defend electric cars like the Tesla are millennials and I hope Elon Musk goes broke.
>The Tesla Model S can't make it around the ring in under 10 (TEN) minutes

Gas engines lose over 2/3 of the chemical energy of gasoline to heat though.

>M-MUH NUREMBERG
it seems like you are the underage b&

>fanboys tout the tesla as some supercar killer because it can do a few really fast 0-60 pulls
>also fantastic 1/4 mile time but can do even less of those under full power, horrible trap speed, no guts after 100mph
>literally cannot into sustained performance, have fun flooring down a backroad for a couple minutes before going into limp mode
and when confronted with these facts fanboys always resort to "huur its just a 700hp all wheel drive sedan its not meant to be a performance car!!!" lmao the amount of delusion is unreal

0-60 is the only important day to day metric

>an 8 seater sedan is the fastest car on the planet
lol

see, perfect example of a tesla fanboy foaming at the mouth when they are confronted with /facts/ :^)

>inb4 more assmad that proves me right
lmao

so the engines have an even higher potential ceiling.

battery can't keep up.

>from a physics and engineering point of view electric motors and batteries makes much more sense than internal combustion engine and fossil fuels
Say that to people that live in colder climates

Man, I think you're the retarded one. But you are just being contrarian on an Internet forum, I can already tell you voted for Trump, you probably say nigger, and you probably drive a 20 year old civic or crown vic.

Your subtype is shitty man, get some new material or something.

>But you are just being contrarian on an Internet forum
bro this is the only reason you are shit posting on the side of evshit tho

>civic
>crown vic
pls dont be rude

If and when gas gets above $4.00 a gallon, I'll get one. Currently have one of the new Volts, electric range takes care of 75% of my driving needs.

>If and when gas gets above $4.00 a gallon
wont happen for a very long time. there are too many shale reserves in the US for supply to die out and trump will keep the sand niggers from influencing prices

I have some good friends that work for Tesla, and its nice to see that an american company is creating good products and creating jobs that arent in fuck off flyover land. Seriously, all the people east of Denver need to be nuked, fucking shithole.

>and its nice to see that an american company is creating good products and creating jobs that arent in fuck off flyover land. Seriously, all the people east of Denver need to be nuked, fucking shithole
The fuck kind of cancerous logic is this

Gas was $4.00 once. Won't be surprised if it happens again. Also, gas is already $3.00-3.10 where I'm at.

daily reminder that the fastest car on the planet is electric.

if everyone buys an electric car, we run out of lithium in less than 30 years...

>daily reminder that the fastest car on the planet is electric
lmao, try again

>all of them are slower to 60
lol

>>all of them are faster 0-80, 0-100, 1/4 mile, top speed, lap times etc etc
bbbut muh single 0-60 pull before the car catches on fire!! LMAO

0-60 is the only important day to day metric.

>all of them are slower 0-30, 0-40, 0-50, 0-60
LOL

>0-60 is the only important day to day metric.
nope, getting to your destination is
average commute length is 25 minutes.. a tesla cant run hard for 25 minutes, let alone 2 minutes. how is it even gonna get you to work lmao?

0-60 is the only important day to day metric

Well with the electric engine you can't have a fun sporty drive around twisty roads without the engine overheating, sure 0-60 is relevant in terms of daily driving, but is it really? When do you ever get an opportunity to floor your car from a standstill right now? I live in a densely packed area so for me it is very rare. Also when the Tesla battery is running low, you have to drive slow, turn off ac, and limp to a charging station.

>fossil fuels
Where does electricity come from? For many, it's coal fired plants..

But 0-60 is the only important day to day metric

Don't forget all the oil burning plants, which come as the #2 most common, right behind coal.

Until your boy Elon stops wallowing in his own Musk and puts his supposedly-limitless intellect towards something productive like making a Dorito-powered car, your shitposting is worth about as much as a burnt-out Tesla (i.e: nothing)

Letting behind the infrastructure supporting cooling ICE like oils (muh contaminations) water fluids ,also batteries aaaand leaks because ICE are like time bombs.

Easy to come here and say muh charging time cherrypicking obvious negative points.

It's pretty disgusting that rich people have their Tesla cars subsidised by tax payers, tbqh family.

It's good for the environment though. Your 20 year old shitheap isn't

EVs that are powered solely by the battery are ass
If we're going EV, let's get some of that hydrogen action going

>a 4 door saloon can get quicker 0-60 times then supercars

Tick tock icecucks, not long left now

What would be better is letting everyone keep their tax dollars so they can afford newer, more efficient cars, rather than subsidising a few rich people.

>batteries makes much more sense than internal combustion engine
>5000lb car vs 1700lb car.
Weight is the enemy friend, batteries weigh a shit ton.

Also in cold climates, combustion engines recover waste heat to heat the cabin. Batteries when cold lose a significant portion of their efficiency.

>If and when gas gets above $4.00 a gallon
Shit was at that in Canada for a year.
>taxes
New Carbon tax 2017 will fucking kill us in a 5 years.

>It's good for the environment though.

>A newly constructed car.
>Good for the environment.

Pick one.