What kind of person drives a Ford hot hatch?

I don't see these cars stereotyped at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

beavertoyotastaugustine.com/million-mile-corolla/
youtu.be/488MP6ygSzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fiesta st - track/autox
focus st - vape
rs - rich

Twinks

Usually a person of below average IQ.
Like all ford buyers
>falls for marketing
>willfully ignorant of poor built quality
>willfully ignorant of poor reliability
>denies with anger anything thats said bad about them

normies

I mean I drive a Fiesta ST and love it, the looks, the way it drives, everything. I was persuaded to start looking for one because reviews on it were phenomenal

>neither a cute twink or a normalfag and don't autocross

Why did I even buy this thing

Mostly driven by car=appliance type people.
There aren't stereotypes, because outside of 'stangs and trucks, car people don't buy them.
Mustang fancucks get lumped with the rest of the muscle inbred NASCAR rednecks. And brotrucks are brotrucks across the board.

That being said, I like Mustangs unironically, but dislike hothatches because I like fastback-style hatchbacks.

Why the fuck did Ford think the "fiesta" name was worth updating!?!

Waiting for the fucking Pinto to come out again.

Party and Bean, great! Just use letters and numbers like worthwhile manufacturer.

I'm p sure that ur a lil twink ;-)

Because its a rebadged mazda. Just like the original

Because it isn't a murikan ford

Not sure what this has to do with the beaner naming convention.

Me

Fiesta ST - enthusiast who just got his first job that isn't minimum wage

Focus ST - vape bro who likes BOOOOOOOOOST XD

Focus RS - well off enthusiast who wants a daily that won't bore him

>mostly driven by car=appliance people
>implying these people can drive manual which is the only option
>implying they wouldn't spend far less on a regular Focus/Fiesta instead

>T. Fell for Toyota marketing
>it's got the sleekness of the body
>and rims

Toyota doesnt need marketing
beavertoyotastaugustine.com/million-mile-corolla/

Asian IT guy or some 50+ year old. Same with STI's and all the other boy racer cars.

I thought Asian's preferred JDM/KDM scenes? I guess I'm stereotyping, but I don't think I've ever met an Asian who drives a Fiesta ST or Focus ST.

The RS sure.

Mostly it's just people who want to enjoy their daily and can get over there own reservations about driving "a Fiesta". The Focus scene seems like Subaru lite/former mustang owners who had kids.

Go to l'Bay Area or somewhere with lots of Asians, especially Amerkanized ones, or 3rd generation+ etc. and you'll find lots of Asians who prefer Ferdshit and other redneck brainwash.

Japanese cars only 4 lyfe brah, and I'm not even Japponaise.

Pic: me in my Chrylser 300C.

I recently got a Fiesta ST, I was initally quite disappointed in how numb the clutch felt, but the proper shoes take care of that..build quality is meh, it's got some serious harshness to it, but overall it just makes me happy and coming from cheap ass shitboxes it's got some nice smartphone connectivity goodies and shit. I'm concerned about its potential longevity but those issues are hopefully at least a hundred thousand miles away. Until then I'm happy with it

I should clarify I know the Fiesta is a cheap ass shitbox but I'm talking like $2000 craigslist shitboxes from the early 90's with at least 190k miles on them

>Focus RS

More like young IT guy who recently got his first well-paying job after graduating.

as a Ford service advisor, I am here to offer you some real-world situations which can be useful in drawing conclusions

situation one: Fiesta ST owner comes in, typical nerdy scrawny shit, says he has his own oil and filter in the car and is in for oil change.

I go out to tag the car and get mileage, he parked like a fucking retard so I start the car up to move it, it's louder than fuck and has solid mount that rattles the dash apart when I let the clutch out. first I notice that the tire light is on and then I notice that the oil he supplied is fucking 15W40 Rotella. and then I see a bottle of STP octane booster on the floor as well.

so first of all I politely ask him why he's using 15W40 diesel oil. he responds with, and I shit you not, "I'm pushing a lot of boost from my turbos (yes he used the plural form) so I need thinner oil that keeps things covered because the high boost makes the motor rev a lot higher. I know it seems weird but trust me, I'm a car guy."

k. so. next I tell him I noticed the tire light on, and will have the tech check for leaks or damage and ask him if he would like to have the tire repaired if necessary. he responds to this by informing me that he intentionally runs the tires at no more than 20psi, otherwise the car will "spin out" at 60.

completely floored by his dumbfuckery I decide it's best to just go on with the whole "yes sir, thank you sir" shit and avoid further conversation. well, this is short-lived because a short while later he comes up and asks me how much a coolant flush costs. I tell him, with absolutely no intentions of asking him why he wants his coolant flushed with 15k miles. but it's cool because he went ahead and told me anyway. so apparently when you're running extra boosts your coolant is "heat-cycled" much harder and breaks down much faster than it would on your average normiemobile.

so there you have it. there's your Fiesta ST owner.

What are you talking about...none of the Asians here drive domestic, it's all Civics and Integras and old Lexus, most of them slammed to the pavement. You have no clue what you're talking about.

and this brings us to situation two: the Focus ST.

so a kid probably 18-20 years old buys a pre-owned 2014 Focus ST from us. his dad pays the down payment and also pays for every imaginable extended warranty and coverage he can get. the car was bone stock with 21k miles when he bought it, the original owner of it was actually a friend who was hard on it but didn't beat the piss out of it nearly as hard as most ST owners.

so the car comes in on a tow truck with a completely smoked clutch at 39k miles. I call the number on the work order and ask for the name that's on the work order, the person who answers says he's his son but is the one who drives the car so I can talk to him about it. so I tell him the clutch is totally borked and since the flywheel is dual-mass it'll need to be replaced as well. he says okay cool when will it be done? I tell him it will take a few days to get the parts yada yada. then he says okay that's cool just give me a call when it's done. he's just about to hang up with I tell him that on bigger jobs such as this I need to get a verbal OK on price approval before I get started on it. and now the moment you've all been waiting for, the part where he thinks it's covered under warranty and I get to tell him that it isn't because clutches are a wear item. I let that initial blow settle and then I tell him, hey I've noticed you've got quite a bit done to the car and you may benefit from an aftermarket clutch and flywheel. tell him I'd be happy to install whatever he wants and I could get it for him or he can get it himself. he says he would like something better for autocrossing and he'll call me back later.

cont.

the next day I get a phone call, I recognize the name on the ID as the father of the kid with the Focus. I pick it up and immediately get blindsided by this dude screaming his ass off because "I paid 4 grand for that warranty they told me there wasn't a single nut or bolt that wasn't covered rah rah rah" and on top of that he's absolutely floored that I would insinuate that his saint of a son would ever use his performance-oriented car in a performance-oriented fashion. I continue to explain to him that warranty coverage is not a choice made by a dealer on an individual level and I can't just "push it through" because then they'll just deny coverage. he asks for my manager's name, and I give it to him, so that my manager can also explain to him how it isn't covered and then he says he's going to file a complaint with Ford Corporate and then he will call us back and let us know how they would like to go about us fixing his son's whooped car for free, and get back to us. and then he hangs up on me.

4 days later, ragedad calls me back asking how the car is coming and I tell him it's stil sitting untouched in the parking lot because he never told me what corporate would like us to do with it. he sighs, says "this is such a joke" and hangs up on me again.

a couple hours later his son calls me and apologizes for his dad being such a hoe and says he's trying to sell some ski gear so he can afford a better clutch and stuff. but his dad doesn't know that the car is modded and he races it and since pops pays the payments and the insurance, that wouldn't sit too well with him. so I say that's cool I'm not trying to be mean to your dad but warranty denial is warranty denial and there's nothing I can do about it and he says he'll keep me posted.

and the grand finale

the ending isn't that great but I talked to his dickhead dad no less than 10 times just to continue explaining that it wasn't covered and he continued to preach to me about his son's angelic driving (he went through a set of tires in 6000 miles) and after a whole bunch of dicking around and threatening to take his business elsewhere (please?!) he ends up paying for a Ford clutch and flywheel just to get the car back and then writes terrible reviews about how we conned him out of warranty work.

>young IT guy
>Focus RS
They're more likely to be driving a regular Civic or Corolla.

this story worries me - Fiesta ST owner here, 37k miles, bought it about 2k miles ago and I had it brought in for the techs to give it a little drive and see if they can reproduce the problem I'm having (2nd gear pops out while turning occasionally, usually when you are on/off throttle like roundabouts, and on downshifts it needs a good rev to reliably go in without grinding) they call me back the next day and say they're replacing the clutch...all the other gears are fine btw and they didn't mention anything about payments or whatever even though I asked them to let me know if it would cost me - I take it back in this coming Monday. Should I fuck off?

Why are American Ford cars so god damn ugly?

And they look like they're made for women. This is a real man's Ford.

Thats the Australian one, the design is cancer because they stopped making them here and basically just copied the mondeo.

I nearly threw up when I saw the facon ute have this front end.

Which is more tuneable for horsepower?

the focus ST or fiesta ST?

>or the old focus RS? (green ones)

enjoy your new transmission m8

>buying a used performance car
>ever

absolutely fucking deserved

vaping community college students drive these

i thought this was common knowledge

eh it's not the end of the world if I skip this one - it's really not a huge issue and only crops up very occasionally right now. I know in time it will get worse but at that point I'll just say fuck it and bite the bullet on a new tranny and stick some other goodies in there. I like it enough to feel comfortable spending some extra money when the time comes, but for now I just wanted them to check it out and get an opinion..

both cars are super easy to make 300hp/300tq on

focus will probably go further tho

>yuropoor rs

Post boiiipuccii

Thats true saw a lot of riced out crap at community college, transferred to a 4 year school, and its all asians with riced BMWs, Audis, and one kid with a maserati GT.

My friend owns a Focus ST and I can tell you first hand he doesnt vape but he is semi retarded.

That's because nobodies drive them

Degenerate shitbags.

Because they all blew clutches, brakes, and turbos by 40k miles

Meme cars for people who like to meme about cars but don't actually work on, or actually into cars.

>Focus RS
Rich guy who knows his shit
>Focus with any other package
Faggot wannabe who does sick fully cosmetic mods.

So people that like driving

>implying anyone who "knows their shit" would spend over $40k on a hatchback

It's for fanbois.

No, people who would rather talk about driving instead of actually driving. L2read

A hatchback with AWD and over 300 hp? Yeah I think they would. Check its lap time on Nurburgring fag.

>Poor reliability

>TFW your 99 E150 starts first turn of the key with 420k on original engine/tranny.

>poor, or he would get an actual sports car
>can't buy old sports car because can't work on cars
pretty easy

Reading the stories here and elsewhere just confirm my belief that Ford """reliability""" is not a meme.

youtu.be/488MP6ygSzQ
Here you go

Are you stupid? You realize the Fiesta has been continuously sold outside of North America since 1976.

FoST owner.
-90k/year, 29, bought it because it's cheap but also scratches the itch of wanting some tiny enjoyment out of driving(FIRE MMM/ERE community person). IMO it hits pretty perfectly on cost/enjoyment factor.
-former (not outdoor faggotty vape clouds) vaper, haven't done it in a year, slowly throwing that shit in the trash. I was mostly trying it out, and enjoyed it a bit more than cigars.
-weed smoker
-Gary Johnson voter
-benchracer, muh numbers >>> most of the competition, less fucktarded looks than Mazda
-wrecked one last year while listening to SUPER EUROBEATS and taking a left turn. I'd never had an accident, and I don't know what to say, I fucking didn't see the person coming.

The FiST would serve my purposes, but I want more space, plan on sleeping inside it during road trips, and am able to chuck my bicycle into it without issue. FoRS is... no. First gen AWD, can't imagine it wouldn't be a maintenance nightmare above and beyond normal meh Ford reliability, and substantial price increase over FoST. Also, I have a motorcycle.

nice rental bro

A poor person who still wants car guys to think he knows cars.

Truly enjoying this car, unable to find the limit in corners. hesitant to see how the engine issue plays out over next 6 mths/1 year before doing an e30 tune. unfortunately a few owners are finding cracks on their block and ford is doing engine replacements...unsure what % of the cars experience this.

Hamburger ring times mean fuck all.
And what you just said furthers my point. "But broh 300bhp and awd broh its the best" only benchracers care about that. Over 40k is mustang money. Its camaro and entry corvette money. No real enthusiast gives a shit about benchracing, they care about how the vehicle makes them feel. Your basically paying sports car money for a strung out 4 banger with a fisher price interior and rs badges plastered on everything. The whole point of the hatchback is to be a usable, affordable, everyday car that has lots of potential if you want to wrench on it and the RS is none of those.

Its for fanbois.

>FoST owner
>90k/year

nobody believes you, sorry.

I owned a Mustang 5.0 for a year, but did not enjoy the cost of the car payment. I'd rather see my 401k and ROTH go up by the difference in cost. Also cheaper insurance.

I'm cheap. Like I said, Focus ST is a cheap car for small thrills. Econobox gas mileage, 4 door insurance, just barely enough oomph to enjoy driving within city limits, and hatchback space for burgerfat living.

>muh 401k
>muh ROTH
>cheap

muh buzzwords.

fucking poorfags get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>own fiesta ST
>asian
>over 40
>130k/yr

so much for sterotype

>What kind of person drives a Ford hot hatch
The same vapeniggers who would buy a WRX if not for the unbearably high insurance premium. Some vapers will foot the bill for the WRX but the Focus ST is a great alternative to it.

Provided they could get their hands on one. The WRX STi in black or boyracer blue is the alternative.

Not everyone is a poorfag on a budget.

Man I want a Fiesta because of how fucking cheap it is.
>tfw college dude with call center job
I need something to look forward to in the mornings, and I think a Fiesta would be fun.

>focus st
>my daddy paid for this car

marcelo i know you're reading this

>tfw Focus ST Estate owner
I was considering getting a Miata or MR2 or some such as a second car for weekend fun alongside my daily wagon, but why pay double tax and insurance when you can have one car that does everything.
Went for this over the Skoda Octavia VRS or Golf Variant for a myriad of reasons I can't be bothered to explain.

I do vape tho, as a way to quit smoking.

my dad thinks of cars as an appliance but worked on performance tuning in a shop many moons ago