/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previously on /bbg/: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

The doll is mine. I'll hold hands with her. No one else.

no
I want Doll to be my friendly Mommy

Do you feel a great, empty void in you hunting career?
Do you desire fraternization, thrill, and the sense of accomplishment with each and every hunt?
Do you have nothing left to lose?
Then do your Yharnam duty and join the League! We are now accepting any and all hunters, just speak with Valtr in the windmill in the Forbidden Woods!
Caution: The League of Hunters, the Confederates, and all associated parties are not responsible for the highly likely, if not inevitable, mutilation, disembowelment, and death of those who enlist. Please hunt safely and responsibly.

>ywn be a hunter

posting my blt build again, one user in the other thread said he would use 2 clocks and 1 anti, any other recommendations?

Nothing personell kiddo, but I said it first. You can try again next thread.

Blunderbuss is gud with a BSB Circle, worth trying out. Hits harder than Evelyn close range.

>any other recommendations?
Indeed.

You might want some Oedon Writhes or Formless Oedon runes for more boolets

does the Rifle Spear scale at all with BLT?

I just noticed the white skinny fucks in the chalice dungeons are wearing small kris blades from DeS.

Basic mobs in DeS also made the HMPH sound

>coop with randoms to farm insight and vermin
>other cooperator has a female character without pants on
>I see her legs and feet all the time
l- lewd

Just the shots like Reiter.

Not really.

You need to get laid son

First time BLT build guide here. Here are my stats so far. Blown through Cleric and Gassy, bout to tangle claws with BSB. Rockin the Spear and Rifle Spear so far

So let me get this straight; there is really no circumstance where arc gems could outclass physical gems on burial Blade or blades of mercy (even if I farmed autism off shapes)?

Yes

>Sanguinem
Nice name, but that's the accusative. Maybe it's just me but the nominative 'sanguis' would be cooler.

anybody wanna help my ass with BSB? I've beaten him before, just don't feel like dealing with his shit today

pw is govikes

anybody??

;---;

>Sanguinem
Booting up just to get inevitably cucked out of helping a bacon-lettuce-tomato fag with one of the easiest bosses in the game sounds pretty lame.

So nightmares are like The Cell? You're basically entering the host's subconscious/memories?
Are any of the NPCs in The Hunter's Nightmare real or are they just dream-people made from what Gehrman remembers of his waking world experiences?

rude!

Oh boy here we go again

Just walk left, fag
It really is that easy

The Hunter's Nightmare is real.
It's where every hunter eventually ends up if they don't die or escape the dream.

Should I +10
Rifle Spear
or
Amygdalan Arm
Which is better?

The Nightmare, singular. It's an alien dimension, a real place you can go, comprised of layers/spaces stacked on top of each other, sort of. It's kind of both at the same time. It goes like this

Nightmare of Mensis (can be seen in the distance of the Frontier)
^
Lecture Hall (we access Mensis and Frontier from this location)
v
Nightmare Frontier (can see both the Hamlet below and Mensis above)
Fishing Hamlet (can see towers of the Hunter's Nightmare under the waves)
Hunter's Nightmare (snailgirl falls from the sky, from the Hamlet above)
Hunter's Dream (Awaken Above Ground for everything)

Why they look like the places they look, we don't know. Maybe they're copies, temporal or otherwise, maybe people/Great Ones make them look certain ways, it's never explained.

The terms Dream and Nightmare aren't literal, in-universe it's possible the first people to travel to the alien environment described it as nightmarish. It's also another Lovecraft homage, to his Dreamland stories, the Dreamlands were a real place but different beings had different access points, humans went to sleep and Ghouls went underground, for example. Maybe humans sleep to go the Nightmare, but we also get directly teleported.

Post stats

how is Ludwigs Rifle for pure BLT?

>Which is better?
The one you like the most.

AMY ARM

It's F.U.N

Vit 55
40 on everything else
Made a post last thread about what I should +10.

Horrible for anything, Blunder is a better option.

Me on left

Me in the middle.

Fuck off Mergo

WAAAAAAA

PURGE FILTH

>you can access the Forbidden Woods before Hemwick

I... did not know that.

Practically asking people to beat the game for you

Hemwick is a purely optional area, you never even have to go there.

Why wouldn't you be able to? Hemwick has nothing to do with entering the woods.

Hemwick is optional, you can access it anytime once you open the Cathedral Ward gates. Which is possible after Gascan if you killed Cleric and bought the Emblem or BSB after going through the Church workshop.

Im having mad trouble with lower loran darkbeast, what did you guys do to beat him?

new BLT fag here who was asking questions earlier. so here is where I stand. so far I have done

>Cleric
>Gassy
>BSB
>Amelia
>retrieved Tonsil Stone

which path will bring closest to the best BLT weapon right away

I focus on one of his legs and hit it till he drops. Don't lock on, obviously.

Forbidden Woods. Get the summons from Iosefka's Clinic and rush to Cainhurst.

Summon people. He's all but meant as a group hunt boss. And fighting him like that is fun as fuck.

To beat him solo though either ramp damage with BBPs and Fire Paper, or make yourself a serrated Arc weapon. Roll under his attacks towards him, and focus on breaking each leg one at a time and eventually also his face.

If we are assuming that Miyazaki was strongly influenced by Lovecraft. . .
It isn't any of that shit. The 'nightmare' is a real place, it is some kind of pocket plane or an extension of the real (waking) world; the 'nightmare' isn't really a 'nightmare'. Humans just explain the 'nightmare' in a way they can understand or in a way that doesn't upset their understanding of how they think things work (this was a theme present in much of Lovecraft's work).

Go to the Hunter's nightmare and beat ludwig, Lucifer, Maria, and then use the key from fishing hamlet to unlock bloodletter.

Can I get to Cainhurst without fucking around with the Witch? I'm guessing not

Witches are beyond easy, though. You can rush the entire area including the boss in 5 minutes.

You can suicide run through the DLC and kill Simon for Bowblade. It's a bit difficult early but doable. Poison Knives and BMA Repeating Pistol helps.

>blt fag
>doesnt want to go through an area that showers you in upgrade materials, vial, echoes, and has the easiest boss in the game
its like pottery

They're called "nightmares" and "dreams" because despite being real places, they're often shaped by the memory of their human hosts, which is why some of them looks like locations in Yharnam

>Go to the Hunter's nightmare and beat ludwig, Lucifer,

Anyone doing any Layer 3-4 boss farming that I could leech off of? I need a Blood Rock.

>having insight this low
Dear oh dear. What was it? The Kos? The Kosm? Or not abandoning the dream?

What? That's the boss's name.

FC WHEN
FC WHERE

>If we are assuming that Miyazaki was strongly influenced by Lovecraft...
Nigga, really? The whole plot of the game is basically Shadow Over Innsmouth meets Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath. Hell, the Fishing Hamlet is pretty much Innsmouth.

Reminder that this idea that dreamlands have hosts is headcannon that originated from Micolash's name being minstranslated to "host" instead of "leader" of the nightmare.

Same thing, Hunter's Dream and Hunter's Nightmare are also shaped by human memories

Fair point, but you gotta remember that assuming makes an ass out of u and me.

Fuck 32,4 % Thrust Gems farming in Layer 3; really, fuck it

>32.4%
>Layer 3
>Thrust gems
you fucking what now

Surely user, you did not read my post enough times.

What if Host isn't that bad of a translation and we're just misinterpreting what is meant by "host?"

I mean, we access the nightmare through Micolashes corpse in the waking world and the nightmare obviously is partially constructed of memories of Byrgenwerth. but Micolash isn't responsible for creating the nightmare. What if being the "host" of the nightmare really just means he's the connection between the nightmare and the waking world, the bridge that connects the two and allows Mergo to get a foothold in Yharnam, rather than actually creating or housing the nightmare itself.

A house doesn't fall apart if the host dies.

Micolash is the just the manager of the store that is the Nightmare of Mensis.

Lads, how different would it have been had Micolash been a super serious, dramatic and imposing cult leader instead of the goofy whooping memelord we got? What would the current state of /bbg/ memes have been?

Too many people have seen inception

>no AWOOOOOOOOOOOO
>no OHOHOHOHO
>no Kos or some say Kosm
Lame as fuck

Seconded.

I'm trying to imagine the dialogue said seriously and it's freaking me out. Part of this game's charm really is some of the crazy stuff like Memeolash.

>A house doesn't fall apart if the host dies
Neither does the nightmare, we don't get the nightmare slain sign until after we murder and invisibly infant

Where the fuck are we for the FC? Loran?
Is it even happening?

Communicate, you fucks

Let's go to Loran then faggots.

>no Kos or some say Kosm

Never got what's funny bout this one

>attacks using awkward slaps
>no second phase, only keeps spawning over and over
>starts to get hard at NG+, the more attention you give the stronger it gets
kek

Do your shining coins persist after you leave a beckoner's world?

not if they die
so if you drop a coin then lose it'll stick around until they die/zone out to restock or invade

>tfw bullying Laurence

Ready for some BINGO /bbg/? No beastly idiots invited, must post picture with timestamp.

Why does my Parasite do more damage when i have 9.1% Arcane ATK + Arcane ATK 62.5?

In the op its recommended to get a 27.2 arcane triangle and i have one with 26.3 but it still does less damage.

Are you talking about AR? Because flat damage doesn't take advantage of attack modifiers. A greater AR is not always better, and the game at first glance doesn't separate between flat damage and damage than can be modified.

Yes i am talking about AR, from what i read flat damage is mostly for the L2.

How good is hunters saif currently?

Ded

Well, there's your answer. Flat damage does work better for the L2 nuke, but that's about it.
The important thing is that every attack you use has a modifier, and the Kos Parasite's in particular are very high (slightly higher than 2 in a lot of cases). But flat damage will never be affected by said high modifiers, or any modifiers period. It's always just a flat value in the formula.
It's deceiving. Throwing three 62.5 flat gems on a weapon will inflate the AR, but what the screen doesn't tell you is that those values aren't modified. The Kos Parasite's AR may appear smaller with the % gems, but the high attack modifiers are there to compensate.
Very, very good.

Just dropping in

No FC tonight I take it?

Is it the best skill weapon, if it isn't what is? I'm looking into starting my first skill build ever, I've done all the other builds before.

Just one more question, would adding a gem that adds fire attack to the wheel screw with the arcane damage/scaling?

There was me and one other dude, we both just left

i sat in loran for like 20 minutes and got nothing. no FC it seems.