/lite/ - Roguelite general

GOD FUCKIGN DAMN ANTIBIRTH UPDATE FUCKING WHEN EDITION

LAST THREAD:
>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Bullet hell is hard.

Fucking High Priest raped my ass, leaving me with 1 armour to do the forge. My ass cheeks are still clamped together.

You have to post that single time you fucked it up beyond repair at a Roguelite with such an obvious thing you still don't know why you made that mistake.

>FTL
>Playing with the second layout of the Engi ship; the one with one crew and just drones.
>Managed to get a human from a wreckage and bought a teleport station because it appeared early and I wanted to try that approach.
>Fighting an all-human pirate ship.
>It's down to one crewmember and two hull points. no fires nor hull breaches.
>Teleport my two crewmates.
>"I know i can pull this out".
>Suddently, i realize we were on an asteroid field.
>Had two layers of shields so it never crossed my mind.
>Never.
>Until a meteorite hit that ship and the second one was nearing it just when they teleported in.

so how do I beat ultra hard? just R for mantle/satanic bible/tech x?

pro tip: don't play engi B until you're really good at the game

>I'll go double fire beam, it'll be fun!
it's never fun
it just fucking sucks

What does /lite/ think of Pixel Dungeon?

A shit.

How to mantis ship in FTL

Anyone got the version of this but with Melting?

For A, put the engi in engines and have a mantis piloting. Send the other two on other ships. When you start getting more crew, replace the mantis pilot ASAP and teleport all the rock/mantises you have.
For B, SEND FUCKING EVERYONE.
C, I don't really like. Use the Lanius on AI ships or with the hacking module on oxygen to choke the enemy. Other than that, treat it like mantis B.

>61 total deaths
>robot's past cleared

Well, Golly Gee willikers, get a load of this filthy skiller. Ayy everyone, we got one of em of them "Gamers" over here.

good job destroying all humans

>robot actually regrets not killing the last human alive
why tho

For him, he was letting his entire race down. It's still pretty funny though, because after the last human dies, they all power down, making it all pointless anyways

Also
>yfw Robot's alt costume

>tfw played Gungeon for 20 hours
>tfw made it to the Dragun twice in that time
Am I just destined to be a shitter forever?

sometimes you just need to go back

>not hard mode
I know, but jesus christ hard in original isaac is way harder than rebirth

I'm nearing 30 hours and been to the Forge once.

>20 hours and he's made it to Dragun twice

nigger, go brag somewhere else.

No, seriously. That's good. You're clearly learning pretty fast if that's the case. EtG is a hard game.

Shattered and sprouted are my favorite versions.

Oh, nice. Here I thought I was just a shitty player.
Current stats are:
50/50 first chamber
25/40 second chamber
11/30 third chamber
2/20 fourth chamber
0/10 fifth chamber

I love casey.

>Brimstone two heart devil deal
>takes the deal with one red heart and a few soul hearts
>automatically dies

I'm not sure what I did wrong but I wasn't expecting that.

Devil Deals were reworked in Afterbirth.

I had a run where I would kill all the crew of the other ship with weapons and I would get loads of scraps. Why is mantis boarding giving me less scrap than that

In rebirth too. They left you alive, but removed all your soul hearts, so you essentially became the lost that could gain health.

You're right there, too.

Early sectors give less scrap. Keep boarding and you'll have a fuckton of scrap by mantis boarding.

piercing, spectral tears by cave I. also, remember when familiars were worth a damn?

You tried to cheat the devil m8
Yeah there's quite a bit in Vanilla that was changed in Rebirth. Some good (secret rooms don't close again, polaroid is an item, etc.) and some bad

jesus christ how horrifying

game keeps throwing auto-scouts
it aint fun

you got a basic laser, upgrade teleporter to 2, send in mantises to shield, teleport them back before they suffocate and destroy it
unless you're playing mantis B, then you're fucked

Wew lads.

>moms knife + mars

i did it!
why doesnt beating the flagship unlock something?

It unlocks the Federation cruiser if you didn't have it before.

huh,it didnt unlock for me for some reason
also i started playing red-tail and is there a way to redirect all the laser at once with a shortcut?

doesn't it unlock the engi ship

engi ship is unlocked by reaching sector 5

more like /casuals/

/rlg/ - alpha men
/lite/ - beta men

it's quite simple

There are no rivalry between playerbases though

shit i just got cyberbullied

One time we renamed /lite/ to /rlg/ for one thread to see what happens. Only 2 days later some /rlg/ dude posted his progress.

more like stop being a falseflagging shitposter

At least you didn't:
-Reach the golden giant idol in Spelunky after 1800 hours of trial and error.
-Reach your first loop after 1200 deaths, with Robot, of all the characters.
-Dropped UnderRail the first time you played it because you didn't invest enoguh in how to make health hypos after going down.
You are not (Me)

Some people have it worse than you. Get over it.

Because you already unlocked Engi ship.
Now beat it with Engi to unlock the next one.
Or go around and unlock the others with a little luck.

>can't survive the second sector as mantis ship in FTL
brb crying

>forget to grab the bullet as Convict
>Game does me a solid on my second run and gives me the most busted fucking gun in the game

I unlocked this yesterday and what the fuck was dodge roll thinking, this invalidates everything beyond no hit boss challenges

You can continue on after blue womb and go onto Mega Satan, can I do that after beating Delerium? I don't see any way out

>beat Delirium as The Lost
>can't get a good Keeper Run going to save my life

Is there no hope?

Nope, Delirium is the finish line.

Yet there's only a 50% chance to fight him after Satan.
I'm getting sick of steak.

The steak is even tougher with the special characters.

>unless your 1st two floor items rooms were the shit, it takes way too long to get a Keeper run going, missing the Hush fight

Shit sucks and I still have to do Greedier mode with everyone.

>Epic Fetus on Basement II
>somehow survived triple missile blasts without the Swallowed Penny

Man that guy gets shit done way too slowly. I found getting to Boss Rush as Keeper even harder than getting to Hush because those 10 extra minutes really make a huge difference.

Looks nice. I just wish that they buffed the chances of getting the portal instead of fighting damage sponge Hush.

So as it turns out, the AI for those Lava Worms in Antibirth's Mines are retarded on par with Nicalis.
>They are coded to always pop up as close as possible to you
>If you have flying, they can pop up right on top of you
>Just lost a great Lost Run because they popped up right next to the opening door, then I flew up and they popped up right on top of me over the lava

What items could Isaac do without?

King baby sucks. It would be a cooler item if it made all familiars stack onto on spot behind isaac (or just move all familiars be absorbed by king baby.)

>(or just move all familiars be absorbed by king baby.)
If it makes you feel any better, there's a mod that adds a new familiar that does exactly that. It even gets special cosmetics based on what it absorbs, and you get it for free at the start of a new floor if you have 2 or more familiars.

link?

data miner
polydactyly
belly button
king baby
isaac's tears
camo undies

Workshop's broken right now.

>belly button
>Implying holding 2 trinkets is a bad thing to be redundant

I think something's up with the workshop right now, but IIRC the mod was called "Lost Plushie" or somesuch.

it doesn't belong because it's literally just a duplicate of a currently existing item. mom's purse.

I like Camo Undies. Placing Bombs doesn't blow the cover if I remember right. So before Chest/Dark Room you can bomb your way through rooms without being tagged, which can come in handy for those Momma's Boy / Dead Boy achievements if you don't have them already.
Belly button is good because 2 trinkets.
Polydactyly has better variants, can be done without.
Remove Data Miner, Isaac's Tears, and King Baby.

Is Risk of Rain talk allowed in here?

that game took up a good year of my life

Should I even think of turning the difficulty to Drizzle? I only got to level 5 once so far in my 7 hours of game time. Have Enigma artifact unlocked, as well as Engineer Bandit Enforcer.

unlock all artifacts first on whatever difficulty you feel comfortable on and then the real fun begins

ANTIBIRTH UPDATE FUCKING WHEN

I can download Anti separately so that I can play both After+ and Anti correct?

Yeah, I'm working on Eve and I've wasted two great runs due to not being fast enough or lucky enough to get it to spawn after any boss fight. Not looking forward to beating it with the lost.

But I did break a run yesterday and beat Delirium with a Clickered Keeper. I felt like a cheap piece of scum but hey, it worked.

>camo undies
>forever alone and gemini a few floors later
>enemies don't react after taking damage from non-tear sources

I actually had some fun killing perpetually dazed enemies with my crappy attack orbitals.

All of them.

Yes.
>Turn off AB and AB+
>Install Antibirth
>It installs to its own Antibirth folder with its own .exe
>Reenable AB and AB+ if you wish

is that oc? it's fuckin great

Just downloaded Enter the Gungeon. Any beginner tips?

D10
Pageant Boy
Monster Manual
Isaac's Tears
The Wiz
King Baby
Leo

wtf is this

I forgot Lemon Mishap

remember when angel challenge rooms were a thing?

No, because I never played that garbage add-on.

Prepare to die.
Legitimately, a lot unless you're really fucking good at video games.
If you can handle it, be sure to kill the Boss before opening any Chests.
If you remember to, check the Shop before picking up any keys.
After you find this dude,be prepared to make runs exclusively to make him happy.
Eternal Update.
Given Angel Rooms were decent back then, they weren't nearly as good as they could be in Re/after/+.

I managed to get Glass.
Ohhhhhh boooooooy.

Don't dodge roll unless you have no other option. If you execute a bad dodge roll (i.e. you think you're going to get hit during the lag after the dodge roll) it's better to blank than get hit, so work on building that habit up (especially in bosses).

If you can perfect a boss (no damage, this includes taking armor damage) you are highly likely to get a good item, and on top of that you gain a master round, which gives you an extra heart container.

There are two chests on each floor, one of them is guaranteed to be a gun, the other is guaranteed to be a passive or active use item.

Early on in a run (or even later if you find yourself needing more keys), consider leaving keys on the ground until you've found your shop. If you get to your shop on the floor without picking up a key for said floor the shop is very likely to have one or more keys available. This is useful because keys are highly desirable and are the main source of your guns and items.

You can't leave anything on the ground aside from keys, hearts, chests, and blanks. Be prepared for that fact, and keep it in mind when things like ammo and armor spawn after clearing a room, and also when swapping actives.

ALWAYS Mimic check. Every time you see a chest, either from a room spawn or one of the guaranteed two on the floor, fire a warning shot (from your default pistol so you don't waste ammo) and make sure it hits the chest and it has no reaction. If you shoot a hiding mimic, it will wake up and attack by sending a double damage bullet at you that splits into more when it collides with terrain. Always be cautious when mimic checking and make sure you're prepared to react to it's shot when you check.

Some chests can have a fuse spawn on them, which will burn slowly and then explode the chest. If you have a weapon that creates water puddles, poison creep puddles, or ice, you can extinguish the fuse. Useful for when you have no key. Chests with fuses can be mimics, always check them.

>Infusion
disgusting

Tried installing it into my Rebirth folder but it keeps crashing at startup.
Looked into the Antibirth folder and there's a whole shitload of files that look like this, which just by looking at it seems wrong. I compared it to a YouTube video and his is much more clean looking and has 1/3 of the files I do.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Took longer than 5 seconds for him to die. Shame.

This is my first Glass run dude. I just got the artifact an hour ago.

The knowing I share a General with you makes me deeply desire to vomit profusely.

What?

I put my big boy pants on and figured it out and fixed it.

Will "unchecking" Afterbirth+ ruin my daily completion streak? I'm at ~17 and will commit suicide if I had to start over again

Not if you back up your save.

my saves are backed up to the cloud™
am I safe

Crystal Ball or Book of Sin?

I like Crystal Ball more.
Map display + soul heart or card is better imo

No.
Physically back them up to another spot on your PC.
Ball.
Unless you're good on HP and desperately need random consumables.

>No.
you better be fucking memeing me because I'm going to flip my shit

I'm probably just going to Steam Achievement Manager it since Marathon is the last achievement I have left

>Mom's Eye + Mom's Knife
>Tfw spinning the control stick and just becoming a room-clearing tornado