Previously newest video: youtu.be/Inh3V2CfdaE

MEG's updated Pastebin: pastebin.com/ehq8JjR2

MegSev adventures: MegSev dot blogspot dot com

All previous Collages that we know of: imgur.com/a/FSJBQ

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=xmd9eUpSE5g

CES 2016 Footage: youtu.be/JRStRzbBD_g

E3 2015 trailer: youtu.be/uG8V9dRqSsw

E3 2014 trailer: youtu.be/C4HbiCKBhFU

Bioware propaganda: blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

Letterbox List of Science Fiction to watch while you wait for ME:A
letterboxd.com/meganon/list/meg-watch-while-we-wait/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mattrhodesart.blogspot.com/2013/07/concept-art-behind-scenes.html
masseffect.com
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/10/playstation-blogcast-237-andromonauts/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Liara best waifu.

kitty cats

Thread hereby unclaimable by Talifags

they look like that one Tali concept art

They look like weird deformed monkeys, a little bit like salarians too.

Why would you ever use human squadmates?

>already the fourth game in the series
>still can't play as a female turian

Why not, I always swap my party members

maybe you need an idealist to do ideal things

Because humans are superior.

how/why did any Krogan get sent to Andromeda

they're a bunch of fractious barbarian retards that the Council authorized the genocide of so what the fuck are they doing being sent to a new galaxy

>not going around with best human James Vega

That new cabin is fucking atrocious.
>small explorer ship
>spacious lavish quarters

Andromeda is stupid, they should've made a game about being a bunch of scum, ex-gangsters, and bounty hunters fucking around the galaxy in the time period between ME1 and ME2, where you can play an alien.

Nexus itself has mixed crew. Krogan have no proper ark.

It's called nepotism, bitch

>once again Bioware has made the most attractive humans in the game your sibling and/or parents
what did they mean by this

The video showing the tempest was hilarious. Inside the thing looks like a fucking huge bat cave but from the outside the thing is tiny.

I hope one of the squadmates comments on that rather than just finding it normal.

In the video where they drop off the rover it's pretty clear how enormous it is though.

What did they mean by this?

Who wants to be pissed off?

From Matt Rhodes, Lead Concept Artist at Bioware

>The debate about whether or not to reveal Tali’s face was another one that lasted a long time. Versions of her were being worked on fairly often. These were three that I thought worked in their own way. Personally, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to push players to the edge. Tali was like a pen pal, or a friend you’ve only ever known online. Depending on how attached to her a player was, how well could they handle her appearance challenging their expectations? If she looked a little too alien, just a little too repellant, would they still feel the same way about her? Or did her personality and your history together trump appearances? It’s an interesting area to explore and I hope we can find other ways to ask that question.

Also referring to the one on the far left

>To me, this has always been (and always will be) Tali. This was drawn during ME1 when she was first being designed, and when her appearance under the mask wasn’t a big deal yet.

There is more official concept art here:

mattrhodesart.blogspot.com/2013/07/concept-art-behind-scenes.html

it'd be stupid and would only serve to make the player feel bad if she's ugly

i agree with their choice to make her pretty by human standards

I like the first one best too, Matt. Hopefully when the quarians arrive in Andromeda they look like this.

>it would only serve to make the player feel bad if the alien girls looked like aliens

>plot twist: quarians are actually descendants of ancient andromedans

>yeah the really hot girl with a 10/10 ass and wide hips who has this really cute accent and acts like a nerdy awkward dork mm yea boi
>OOH BUT SHE WAS UGLY ALL ALONG DO YOU STAND BY YOUR FEELINGS AND ACCEPT HER LOOKING LIKE PREDATOR OR ARE YOU A BAD BAD BAD PERSON AND REJECT HER? AWFUL AWFUL MMM

don't remind me

>t. talicancer who cant handle that his waifu is ugly af

to be desu with you family i prefer female turians

If Vetra isn't a lesbian than no buy

First concept art panel isn't even ugly. Just alyem.

this makes you even more cancerous

Never played a ME game as a girl since I'm not a homo and don't want to fuck Garrus

if she's a lesbian then I sure am playing as one

Watch the leg.

Does she have the same smile on during coitus?

Why did they decide to turn the humans into cartoons?

It's almost like she's an alien. I like that everything isn't "alien enough" but the moment the alien waifu is in danger of being not pretty enough, gamers cry about it.

you can romance Liara and watch them make sweet boob to boob love

>Sara is 5'4
>Scott is 5'8

Tiny twins

>leg twitch
So ... early onset of Parkinson's?

Sarah looks terrible. So I'm going to drown my sorrow by fapping to Jayde Rosi

>there is something going on, larger than the game itself
squeakquels confirmed

>tfw over 6'

>tfw you are forced to play as a manlet

>Let's hope he's not this game's Kaidan

What does this mean

Well, it is a role playing game.

>additional tiny pointed wings
>so quirky we won't look up the word 'canard'

Games journalists really are the dopiest motherfuckers alive. Just PR drones working for less.

it's almost as if anyone would've picked liara if she was a tusked monster

oh wait no one would have
oh wait no one would pick any romance character that is clearly ugly
oh wait that's the reason why there are no salarian/krogan romance options in ME1, 2 or 3

retarded fuck

>the kett are the only new species revealed so far

FACT CHECK

>Scott is 5'8

Where does it say this?

Hope there's an option to kill or ignore the nigger in your crew.

I hope you never whine about alien designs in Mass Effect being not alien enough. Ever.

People like you make me sick

>implying you wouldn't romance wrex

>Liam: chipper and supportive POC yes man
>Cora: order-driven and militaristic human, vaguely dyke
what the fuck, they didn't even change it up in the slightest

I think it's in the text in the briefing about them

Link?

It's bioware. He's probably a mandatory romance.

Is this bait? BioDrones will literally riot if Vetra and Jaal aren't romance options. Probably Kallo Jath the salarian too.

>there is something going on, larger than the game itself
thats a fancy way of saying they started a story but dont have a single clue how it could end, just like the OT.

would you fuck/persue a romantic relationship with a female dog if she was able to talk and think like a rational being?

no you wouldn't because it does not look human enough and does not check with the irrational, non-logical human standard of beauty we all have which tells us "fuck humans and not things that are no human", which is partially

same as why you wouldn't fuck a xenomorph or predator

both Vetra and Jaal do indeed look human enough

I don't know that it does. His character kit makes it clear his model is awful though.

>would you fuck/persue a romantic relationship with a female dog if she was able to talk and think like a rational being?
I would

masseffect.com

buddy, read a room.

forgot a bit
>"fuck humans and not things that are no human", which is partially
easy to ignore since we are rational beings, but when things stop looking humanoid it just can't be ignored

no

what?

Jaal is a romance option. Aaron confirmed it on twitter like a dip when everyone was gushing over wanting to fuck the ayylien

>"a good one" according to Bioware's Mac Walters

>its a good story goy, believe me I know what I am doing
>the AI splinters right after arrival

How can you think Turians and Angorans are human enough to be fuckable but not that Tali design. What the fuck

>no
I would though

I look forward to romancing the military girl again.

Please understand that there are people on this planet that would fuck the snout of a vogon if they could.

Whats kinda bad is that not a paragraph later they talk about cutting a character that was "too similar to the original characters in the trilogy"

because the tali design literally has no facial features except two eyes, two holes that seem to be nostrils and a tiny mouth
no muscles, nothing, she's just a thing

she looks like a fucking stickman

not even nearly enough to make it acceptable

>every planet needs to be special
what the fuck, it would be better if most planets where unintresting and you actually have to look for the one that has something intresting on him
is this no mans sky?

>over a dozen hubs
really makes me feel like I discover and explore something, great design choice BW

>Literally every Asari and human female uses the same body

The character designs in ME have always required lots of imagination.

Same

>what the fuck, it would be better if most planets where unintresting and you actually have to look for the one that has something intresting on him

No it wouldn't, but that's the just the kind of half-baked "opinion" I'd expect from a guy who wouldn't fuck a krogan.

Any non-humanoids confirmed so far? Or at least really weird humanoids?

>you have to actually look for one that has something interesting on him
this sounds awful desu family. Maybe you're looking for elite dangerous and not mass effect.

Some notes from the Playstation podcast from Aaryn Flynn (found from 16 to 30 min mark)

>MEA embraces combat of ME2 and 3 but with some improvements. They wanted to bring back something they lost from ME1 (choice of approach, more open spaces)

>Switching profiles has a story tie-in as to how that happens. It’s your father actually, Alec Ryder, who helps you in the early part of the game. He shows you this thing he’s worked on to do that. (SAM integration to pathfinder team?)

>Tactical choices all through the game. Using your squadmates as well is still an important staple to the game. Giving them things to do and having them play a certain way. Whether you want them to be in the background just providing cover fire for you or whether you want them to take more of a front and centre approach charging out there and doing things.

>There are casual and narrative difficulty settings.

>Cover can be destroyed. There are more physics based powers: you can pick up people and throw them at other people. You can freeze people, you can shatter them. It’s the most dynamic combat system we’ve ever had in a Bioware game.

>The infiltrator profile does give you the cloak. Aaryn’s personal favorite is to play a sniper.

>Aaryn is a fan of scanning in ME games. It was taken away in ME3 and now they’ve brought it back again.

>There are dimensions to resource management. In addition to finding resources to upgrade weapons and armor, the pathfinder must choose how you colonize. You could choose to make a planet a Science planet or put down a military outpost and you get different benefits or consequences from each choice for the overall Andromeda Initiative.

>you can pick up people and throw them at other people.
Fun

>lets hope hes not this games kaidan
>vetra first turian squadmate
lmao

>those bantz against Inquisition
kek

Link to the podcast
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/10/playstation-blogcast-237-andromonauts/

There's likely going to be freaky looking humanoids and some background/stationary weirder types, but everything that is going to have a set of full combat animations is likely to be humanoid. Bioware has always in the past avoided radically weird aliens so they can use the same animations for everyone.

>>Aaryn is a fan of scanning in ME games. It was taken away in ME3 and now they’ve brought it back again.
>Someone actually enjoyed that bullshit

I fell asleep while scanning planets in ME2 a couple of times. I don't know what the fuck it was about it, like some sort of hypnosis.

The sound of those fucking probes launching is still in my nightmares.

>because the tali design literally has no facial features except two eyes, two holes that seem to be nostrils and a tiny mouth
>no muscles, nothing, she's just a thing

I wish there was more fanart of this design

I didnt even involve myself in the "who would fuck aliens" discussion, fuck off you idiot.

it was always in Mass Effect you sperg.

most of the planets were empty only with minerals. there were maybe 1 or 2 planets with a colony or POI in every star system.
dont talk bullshit.

proto tali is the fuckin cutest

>those places are empty: there's not really point in exploring them

>those places are too full, I'm stressed and don't know where to go first

I hope the space hamster will return.

The design is still extremely humanoid compared to every other alien except Asari.