/ng/ - Nioh General

Best girl edition.

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character

You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you.

Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough

dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

Previous thread -

Saoirse is better

no genitals

You asked and I have heard your cries.

Okatsu had a really cool fight. When's the next good axe?

Spirit fuckers get out.

Suzaku with (critical) effect stacking gives a ton of damage, you can easily go over +100% close combat damage.
From what I could tell the effect also apply to living weapon as long as its activated when your health is low (Suzaku does this automatically) so if your goal is to have the most ridiculous living weapon possible then this might be worth looking into. Suzaku's summon is also very strong, it flies around you in a circle then dives down and explodes, pushing around anyone near you.

Too bad Mototada's set is so heavy.
I respecced to use it, figuring I'd get used to playing with heavier equip load.
I stuck with it for one region but in the end I kinda regret it, playing without A agility made those missions less fun for me.
Maybe I'll try it again if I find light armor with good (critical) effects.

so.. is there a max level? Or can I in theory play through the game multiple times and eventually get 99 in all stats?

Wait can you upgrade green stuff to plus 5?

Yes to both.

seems that way

>DSP has 70 deaths up to spider mission

experience gain slows right the fuck down the second you approach 100+

How do I find proper builds instead of just pouring all my points into my main attack stat

where and how?

so i have my spirit to 40 and magic is to 20
only because the raikiri sword scaling for spirit. should i just respec and put spirit to 25 and i wont miss out on tons of damage from those 15 extra levels to spirit?

They should have put dwarves in the game so some quests would have had more axes as rewards instead of everyone's fucking family sword they're throwing after you

This is not Drifters.

>host is lagging
>manage to ace nue anyway
>hop on elevator
>lag wave
>resolves itself with me at the top of the shaft and the host and elevator at the bottom
>die on impact
She has a mouth.

Being able to block in the middle of combos makes all human fights slow and boring.

So which guardian spirits work best with the talisman? I've only been using Enko so far desu.

>Honda boss
fuck you too

soul matching, retard.

>He's the reason she can't have kids.
Wait what the fuck, I didn't get that implication from it.
That's kinda fucked up, I didn't expect that. One thing to imply rape but another to imply such brutal rape. Fucking hell.

Why so rude?

>host charges nue blindly
>gets absolutely destroyed within the first 5 seconds
Every time.

>Drop blob boss first try
>Fight the blob the same way in the Twilight Mission
>Keep glitching out and falling between the blob and the dock

Man fuck this thisssssssss

>having no real trouble with Umi-bozu
>suddenly get glitched off the pier by some shonky collisions
>well, no problem, I'll get those souls back easy with how laughable that boss is
>enter arena
>instantly get killed by a giant fucklaser that does like 20k damage

Super Onryoki has a bit too much HP in the mission with surprise axe bro. Maybe it's my gear or the fact axe bro kept dying.

helping for Nue is so shitty since you still have to go through that awful underground part after.

where my spear bros at

he does have a shit ton of HP. just kick him a shit ton and always revive axe bro when you are safe.

because how did you upgrade normal items?

trying with a +0 divine and +1 divine and see what happens should be what you'd normally check first

FuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUCK
I got greedy and died on literally the last hit

I'm literally doing this for that for goodies.
Respeced and want the perfect shit.

respeccing I think

Didn't get any replies so maybe you will do. Do you use the spear parry? The triangle skill I mean? What's the timing on that, I simply cannot get it to work, although sword parries are ezpz.

am i retarded or do i have to use a homeward bone after you light the last fire in the umi-bozu level? i dont see a way to get back after you drop down from the overturned boat.

I wonder how this will play out in pvp.
Hopefully some interesting guard breaking strategies emerge.
Maybe people will carry around a secondary weapon specifically for guard breaking with a lot of +Break and do ki pulse weapon switch attacks.

Is it possible to get warrior of the west smithing texts?

I had to use a travel talisman. I think you get one from a corpse when you drop down

>To my knowledge.
Okay weeblord, nobody gives a fuck about your chink history studies.

Had the same problem. I just sudoku'd my way out of there.

There is a false wall with a talisman on it

possible to get smithing texts for everything. Even masks. Good luck with that though

Nurikabe

drops off muneshige, good luck

So how do I actually use respec books?

Fuck, which clan do I join? Date, Toyotomi or Furuta?

I can't beat the bird lady third boss sigh

>tfw only like 6 people up here to co-op with
woshibit, you're my nigga though

How hard is the Umi-bozu Twilight mission? I just did the other one which was level 30 and the mobs were pretty tough.

thanks guys i forgot those things existed

>enter first ng+ mission
>literally 10 minutes later full divine red demon set
nice endgame

Learn when to block and when to dodge.

>its a host doesn't know to use the emote he JUST got from fuku episode

To be fair I had that issue too. I didn't realize the emote menu had a scroll bar and I couldn't find sorry.

I"m like level 19 or 20, am I too low a level?I feel like I do no damage

Is there a point in saving the locks of hair? If you use the reincarnate to reset skills, do the benefits from those go away?

+0 divine yea
literally shit gear

Reminder to farm the "Squirming Sprites" Twilight mission to earn tons of purple tier crafting materials.

It's fucking mindless if you co-op it. You might even be able to pair off and complete the mission even faster by splitting up objectives.

But you can't upgrade a normal green to +1-5? This is my question.

Which consumables can be put in the storehouse?

>fighting Oni scum
>breaks away to create rift
>summons giant wall dude
>cue music shift and anal-devastation
This things ranged pebbles almost one-shot me; any tips, or is retreating to the shrine my only option?

No, they stay with you forever. Just use them as you obtain them

>tfw got Red Oni Ii's Spear and Armor Texts on my second kill

I guess I should craft a set eh?

Who the fuck drops the ninja set is what I want to know.

I think I read somewhere that you can bow to the walldudes to let you pass

walldudes respond to gestures. If you pick the right one out of two chances he'll let you pass.

The number of people I've been helping only for them to be obliterated is something else

there are some that react after only one gesture
I think it's like this
correct one -> pass
opposite of correct if not neutral -> falls on you immediately
incorrect one but not opposite -> another chance

>Bow to kappa
>Kappa doesn't bow back

This game was a mistake

not ONE of the fucking people that summoned me for the sea blob yokai boss fight has survived. They either fall off, don't have the fires lit and die to the adds, or just get instant killed by the fuckhuge lazer...WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Gee, 3 schools, warrior, ninja, and mage. I wonder.

I don't get this. I've heard people mention the wall falls on you but if I end up messing up it just kinda starts a fight with me and it's extremely easy to kill. Am I doing something different?

>Finish umi-bozu twilight mission
>get high level loot of every type of weapon and armor except 1kat which is my main
Fucking rng

to upgrade from +0 to +5 you need divine gear already at +1 to +4

>Toyotomi has more glory than the next 3 clans combined

What were they thinking with these bonuses? Some are just outright bad like the "your camp has to be losing for this to do anything" one.

Anybody ever get a glitch where they stop dealing elemental damage entirely?

I had this while visiting the Umi-bozu mission. It was horrific.

Spear parry is pretty much instant compared to kat so it's tighter

is it true you can upgrade individual guardian spirits when you beat the gayme?

the weapons too?

>can't get to my PS4 at the moment because reason
>Decide to watch some streamers
>Everyone is playing fucking Nioh
>And they're so goddamn terrible at the game it's painful to watch
I refuse to believe people are this bad at video games.

>just before cat boss an enemy drops the spear for the bull armor
>now have complete set
>beat boss on first try

I feel like spears are easy mode, the only one that gave me trouble was muneshige

stop watching souls players

>reforging getting brutally fucking expensive at higher levels

For fuck sake. Well, is there any way to make tons of gold? I didn't have a need for money up until now but I need a fuck ton of it now

I like this game a lot but I'm fucking trash at it. I just got to the vampire boss and she's just beating my ass. It's the only thing so far that's felt really difficult to me.

>the popular streamers dont even into souls games much
>they all play like absolute shit anyway and are raking in max cpm because its a new game
no point watching them. most i've seen spam heavy high stance moves

No. The guy literally spent all his handcannon shots shooting it AND her from outside the door upon first seeing them, hit it 20 times, talked to her, without pausing hit it 8 more, had to be messaged what to do, then still takes 10 swings at both of them before he emotes.
He his from nue too and if I wasn't in this for the loot i'd have let him 1v1 the revanants he insisted on summoning.

I feel a little dirty.

I just beat Nue without getting hit once. I just used the high stance heavy attack on the scythe and waited for him to do the laser attack, I'd step back out of the way then step in and heavy attack. And doing this he'd repeat the attack 3-6 times in a row. Then I'd just back away til he did it again, getting a few bonus hits in here and there.

Got the nue mask too

Yes.

And he dies to the cyclops outside pseudomune's room.

You know during before the charge, during lightningbolts, and electric breath you can attack him to instantly drain all of his stamina immediately

Yoaki realm with a companion m8ty

Some enemies do easily get caught in a loop.
The crow tengu too, if you dodge around him while attacking him he'll just do the spin kick over and over.

does yogi realms give more money or something?

I'm aware.

Id just always get blasted by his lighting when he regained his ki

I did it lads, I beat the game.

Glad I ended up buying the game.

Holy fuck that Tachibana & Honda fight was awful.

Take the loot drop kodama blessing, play missions with lots of trash mobs, and use a loot drop guardian spirit. Ignore revenants because you don't get money for killing them, and they're not worth the time it takes to kill them unless they're a high stance spamming bum that are basically asking to be countered to death (and you can't guarantee that they are). Destroy mobs as fast a possible, and sell the garbage. If you're not trying to level up, feel free to purple branch out and leave your amrita behind if you can't be fucked to beat the boss.