>Wiki for everything:
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg (embed) (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Soundtrack
[YouTube] Darkest Dungeon OST - The Darkest Dungeon (Theme) (embed)
>NEWS
darkestdungeon.com/radiant-update-the-squiffy-ghast/

Here's hoping that the new hero in the DLC is an Aura hero

>[YouTube] Darkest Dungeon OST - The Darkest Dungeon (Theme) (embed)
Guys what

what new hero? the guy with the cross and the fuckhuge hammer, or a non revealed one probably a vampire?

And how would an aura hero even work?

Are there any up-to-date mods that add the Musketeer? Hell, i'd settle for a bash that just overrides the Arbalest with her.

Only recently got into DD, and when i learned that Kickstarters get a classy huntress with a longrifle and can eschew recruiting the negro bitch, i got mad jealous.

> the guy with the cross and the fuckhuge hammer
That's gonna be a Collector-style boss

>And how would an aura hero even work?
Like the new skeleton champion enemy, a new healer hero that had some sort of aura heal would be pretty cool.

Just wishful thinking

Like the Boner Bearer but with a variety of different toggled auras.

>healing aura - heals X - Y health every turn, doesn't heal heroes on Death's Door
>resistance aura - +% to some or all resistances
>frenzy aura - +damage and speed
>thron aura - really weak riposte (like -75 - 90% damage) to all heroes
>determination aura - +death blow resistance

and so on

I'm going to try to provide a new one when finals are done. no promises

>thron
Thorns

That sounds pretty cool. Party wide riposte would be kinda OP against creatures who AOE though.

Man her legs are really skinny

She looks good though, so I'm looking forward to it
Good luck in your finals user!

Just throwing out examples of possible ideas because I love the thought of an aura hero.

I guess he'd have to have some non-aura based abilities in order for him to have something to do when you don't want to switch auras. Or maybe a skill that would magnify the current aura for a turn.

the insides of he thighs are just covered in shadow, she doesn't have fucking bird legs.

I heard this game is basically only about RNG, is it true?
I'm not sure if I should buy it, is it more RNG than say your average roguelike run?

>I'm not sure if I should buy it,

just roll some dice then

>I heard this game is basically only about RNG, is it true?

Of course not, some guy completed the game in 22 weeks just a few days ago on the back of game knowledege. People who complain about the RNG are just bad at the game.

Sure you'll get a fight or two where the game will bite you in the ass, but that adds to the fun of the game and the potential for the player to create his own story, but things are usually under your control (except hunger tiles) and the RNG is heavily stacked in favour of the player. People just tend to fixate on the bad things that happen to them while ignoring all the crits in a row that they got beforehand.

>tfw no leper gf
>you will never change her bandages
>she will never shy away from your touch
>you will never tell her that she's still beautiful

Can i set events to high without losing the strict mode achievement?

>tfw the cutest girl is for backers only

Nope.

>where the game will bite you in the ass, but that adds to the fun of the game

this is simply not true. if you are allergic to shit like losing valuable party members or trinkets to bullshit bad luck, DD is absolutely not for you. sometimes, bad things that you have absolutely no control over can happen, even if you are as careful as possible, and that can be extremely frustrating.

Trinkets can be recovered by fighting an easy boss that buffs up one of your characters once you beat it now. And party members are just resources that can be easily retrained and sent back out to the field again in no time. You can easily play an entire campaign and only lose a couple of heroes (not counting the ones in the Heart).

>romanticizing leprosy

What is it user? Are you going to pull a Joseph Anderson on me and pretend you didn't lose your heroes because you can't protect your heroes?

Dude
Leprosy is disgusting
Don't do this

I knew this exact thing would happen if I replied with that crop.
But I will say I've never avoided blame when it comes to screwing up in DD. If I can't take Reynauld and Dismas to the endgame in a playthrough then it's a playthrough worth deletion.

Well man I've lost my heroes to some shitty situations too but I avoid blaming the game as well, with the right risk management even the dumbest crit on your squishy backliner can be ignored. And the retreat button is right there at any time you feel like Reynauld and Dismas are in danger

You're disgusting.

>bad things that you have absolutely no control over can happen, even if you are as careful as possible, and that can be extremely frustrating
Remind yourself that...

too bad even fucking retreating from combat is luck dependent. You can not guarantee anything in DD.

Sometimes the dice rolls just fuck you over, but the game gives you a lot of tools to mitigate its effects. If you want to lower the odds of getting hit by crits you keep your torchlight high, at the price of dealing less crits yourself and getting less loot. If the game puts you in a bad position you can attempt a retreat at any time, but succeeding stresses your heroes out. If you don't like that you can fail a retreat, or that enemy crits act like player crits, or that there's penalties for stalling in combat, you can always turn them off in the options at the price of losing out on an achievement.

It's also worth saying that anything you can lose in the game is replaceable, including heroes. Unless you're playing in the dedicated hard mode, it's impossible for your save to be fucked to the extent where you can no longer progress.

Why not just instead of switching auras make his skills party wide effects lasting until his next turn?

Is rabies on a Leper worth keeping once he reaches Lvl 6? I've been missing a few more hits than usual even with Sun Ring and the Focus Ring on him.

Yes but if you can't read a situation and determine it's too dangerous to stay long before you're already dying then your heroes deserve to die

>Turning it off
>Not always playing Strict Mode
Gays not welcome

this has nothing to do with overconfidence. you can run around with max gear and trinkets at full torch, full health and with all supplies, get ambushed by a grouper squad, miss every attack and stun and get crited to death in two turns. It is unlikely, but it can happen and you can literally not do anything to prevent it.

Gee, Baldwin, why does the Ancestor let you use TWO masks?

Fuck

The likelyhood of that happening is pretty slim, and you can always just retreat. Mentioning that retreating is also RNG based is pointless since anyone who isn't ok with retreats failing can just turn them off.

Then don't complain about retreats being luck-dependent if you refuse to turn them off in the options.

I'm still at the point where taking any champion level quest is a guaranteed death sentence for at least one of the fools I send out. I've been stuck in a rut for about 50 weeks now of losing high level people, having to train up new ones, and then losing them and spending any gold I get just keeping things going. Every time I even look at a boss the group gets destroyed before they even get halfway to it.

was there a news release or something about the new xpac?

i was busy playing fire emblem.

>Yes but if you can't read a situation and determine it's too dangerous to stay long before you're already dying then your heroes deserve to die

things can go to shit in a single turn, you cannot predict enemies criting someone from full health to death's door in one or two attacks. Or are you trying to tell me that you should abort every single champion weald dungeon if you encounter a single unclean giant?

A big update introducing quite a lot of new stuff

Not that user, user, but I am

The game already does that tho

Just a different kind of romance

oh I know about the Radiant Update, I was wondering if there was any new news about the Vampire xpac

I'm at week 60 and slightly over half of my roster is level 5-6. Once you get at least 4 level 5 heroes (at least one healer and enough control to go around) find yourself a Short mission, equip some ACC and DMG trinkets, and make sure your main control hero has a Stun trinket, then just have a go at it. Champion level Ruins are pretty easy so stick to that until you feel comfortable.

I've had that happen just today in fact, one of my heroes got focused down by 3 damage dealers and got placed from full health to death's door. And it was all my fault because
>didn't stun enough
>didn't one shot anyone
>didn't shuffle the opponents to prevent them from dealing so much damage
And when it happened I could have simply just healed him up out of death's door and retreated after if I wanted to.

Going from a full health party to a bunch of dead heroes in one turn just doesn't happen, when I was talking about reading the situation I meant along the lines of you already being down on some resources, health and stress included, and understanding that maybe going up against a collector or a group of brigands isn't a smart idea.

>maxed gears
>miss every attack and stun
Let's say that without stress nor affliction, you can not retreat.

>can't carry journal pages because of loot and supplies

For the one that asked for a templar, sorry if I disappoint you, (I never thought it would be so hard to not fuck up, and I know I did a lot).

>spider instead of a scorpion
>realize both are arachnids
hot damn my dude, you're good

It could be like the Abomination where he has 3 normal skills (human form), a skill to change auras (Transform), and 3 aura skills (beast form).

I came up with a few aura ideas, assume max level:

>Radiance
>heals for 2 (66%) - 3 (33%) Health every turn
>grants +2 speed

>Confidence
>heals 1 Stress every turn
>grants +15% damage

>Clarity
>all status negative effect last 1 less turn
>grants +15% Prot

Are you upgrading hear and skills before sending people in? My first attempt at a champion run was a disaster, but once I was adequately outfitted it was nothing unmanageable

How effective is frontman Abom if you have solid stress reduction in your party?

A good dedicated damage dealer, but you're at risk of him becoming totally useless if he goes afflicted. The only thing he can do in rank 1 is self heal and transform.

Any tips on what to do if you accidentally give them this?

NO WHIFFS!

debuff stones, which exactly are debuffs again? just stat lowering stuff? does it count for stun or blight?

>does it count for stun or blight?
It counts towards lowering stun and blight resist.

Any suggestions for taking on the Shamber?

My A-Team party im thinking of going with is Reynauld+Riposte/PBS Dismas+sniper gravedigger+healbot Vestal

Any special attacks I should be aware of?

Take out the spawns before they get too buffed up and you should be fine.

It refers to stat lowering effects. It's generally not very useful, as very few enemies have debuff attacks (similarly, stun resist trinkets are not very useful, as very few enemies have stun attacks)

Things like -20% bleed resistance, or -10% damage, or whatever

Ignore the other guy

Just be aware that it can shuffle you, its other attacks are party wide bleed and blight, the bleed moves him forward the blight moves him backward.

>make sure you can always dish out a worthwhile ammount of damage or get a DoT stack on him every turn in any position
>don't bother stress healing as the stress is applied faster than you can heal
>take out the spawns before they get too buffed from attacking
>alternatively kill the shambler as quickly as you can while controlling the spawns
>avoid doing the shambler in Champion since the investment isn't worth the reward.

*sorry, i meant the Shrieker

He has 3 attacks, 2 of which summon 2 tentacles. Each attack that summons them are pretty much identical, except one causes bleed, and the other is blight. His third attack just shuffles the party. All attacks cause stress. Other than that, he cause very little direct damage. He's also very slow. The tentacles, are frail, dodgy, and fast. At apprentice level, they only have 8 health. But, they can get nasty quickly. Every time they attack, they get +25% Prot, and +50% damage, as well as some other buffs, I can't remember. Luckily, I know the shambler is not too resistant to status, so bleed and blight I believe do pretty well to kill buffed tentacles and the shambler himself, and because the tentacles have so little health, it's kinda like the snails in the cove, the prot can only do so much when they have such little health, so a powerful attacker like the knight or even the leper can hurt them pretty bad with hew or accusation.

I'm the user who made the request. It looks good, thanks user!

>new hero is a big titty barmaid who does some stress relief and some healing great at neither

any way to increase my inflow of heirlooms?

I have 150,000+ gold but nothing to spend it on

Oh the shrieker. Well in that case, I find that the most consistent frontline damage dealer for the fight is the Helion since she can bleed the third row, hit the first row and swan the last row. The Crusader and Leper are simply too unreliable since you don't know for sure when the shrieker will be in the first row, unless you want to take out the nest for the extra reward.

I've found a lot of success with just stacking bleed with the Helion and Houndmaster on it while also getting tons of damage with marking from Arbalest and Houndmaster. Due to my failings in leveling my roster properly, I didn't have a good 4th member for the fight so I rolled with a PD only using stuns, but a MAA for the ACC buffs plus 3rd row damage, or the Grave Robber both sound super good.

Remember to bring ACC trinkets and to dish out your damage quickly, don't bother with stress healing it's completely pointless and reaching the 100 stress treshold won't matter at all since it's not a real dungeon. Don't bother with healing either unless you got hit by a major crit and feel like a specific character is being focused down.

Stop picking up gold and start picking up only heirlooms.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of a Druid.

They'd be equally good at healing as the Vestal or Occultist, but would do it through DoT heals of, like, 2 health per turn or whatever
Probably either do a whole-party heal and a single target.

The other abilities would probably do mostly blights or stuns or debuffs or whatever

>tfw Druid cant shapeshift because Abomination already does that

jesus christ

I didn't know it would have 65 fucking dodge

Marking and ACC trinkets get you around this issue pretty quickly, the GR and Helion's high crit chance also compensate for the lower hit rate. Good luck user

>secret room but no key
>find a key in a backpack
thats the stuff senpai

also I'm about 5 hours in now, stage coach is super upgraded and the necromancer apprentice is dead but I still don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. Some of my guys are reaching 3 in okay shape so I've been upgrading their skills and mostly just collecting nice trinkets I see in missions.

>try killing the 8 Pounder
>forgot to level BH's stun and pull skills up
>continue pressing on when Occultist is selfish
>Occultist fuck shits up by passing turn or spamming Weakened Curse on the Matchman
I did not remind myself. Fuck.
Where can I pirate the new patch for GOG? I guess I am done with this save.

>be noob
>accidentally activate Shambler somehow, maybe one of my retarded quirks
>cant get through the tentacles because party is just a random one
>hit retreat in shame
>go back into the same hallway
>find out that Shambler is still fucking waiting there for me
>repeat
I just want to kms but at least nothing else went wrong

Were you playing without any light? Shambler has a chance to spawn if your torch is completely off.

HM - OCC - ABOM - MaA are my brothers in Weald. Trinket up ABOM and MaA stuns. MaA guards second row vs Giant and Mushroomtips. OCC debuffs Giant damage and generally wreaks Eldritch. HM marks Giant, debuffs Mushroomtip PROT and Treat/Rush destroys the first couple Giants I met.

Probably most important is that every character you take into champion dungeons should have max gear and skills.

Yeah crits can still ruin you pretty hard though. Once you get some solid teams for each dungeon it isn't too bad. I'm loving PD - OCC - HM - BH in the cove too. Warrens is still a pain in the butt and ruins I'm not set on however is more forgiving than the others.

no it was an altar alright, I must've msiclicked the middle part where it says insert an item but I dont think it should've been auto like that

what do you get for breaking the nest?

DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN DLC WHEN

maybe you tried to use a torch to increase the light level, and it assumed you meant to interact the torch with the trinket?

who knows!

I feel kind of bad though cause I could've killed it easily on my good team but I was just grinding with my expendables

Is it complete RNG when the Ancestor summons imperfect reflections? I fought that nigga for like 6 minutes before he summoned enough to move on and was mowing through them.

I remember days when the sun shone, and laughter could be heard from the tavern.

F

Try it with some stunners, DOT dealers or pure DPS. I just did it with an Occultist, two Houndmaster's and a Hellion and I fucking ruined it.

will it go away if I do other dungeons? I sent those because they were all I had and the bitch took my Sun Ring

I don't know actually. I've killed it every time it's come up so far. I think I heard that those same trinkets will be available next time you fight it though.

just went through a dungeon, it stays there
tfw From Beyond event, but none of those 4 are in it, just level 0-1 heroes

>Pucker up, Studmuffin~

>that vagina on her abdomen

>It stays there
That's pretty cool, glad they decided to do that.

I've noticed this is on sale and I've been interested in this believing it's a party dungeon crawler with a pretty style I can play casually, however lurking this thread and some previous investigation implies there's a ton of risky RNG and permadeath implemented into the game.

Can anybody confirm how difficult this game is? Anything that can't be overcome with a bit of grinding?

Just do not get attached to much on your heroes and always remind yourself...

I have no idea what the endgame is like. It could be a situation where they pull some serious bullshit.

But from what I've seen so far, 16 hours and about 40 weeks in, the game is fair and not that RNG at all. I've yet to have a death that seemed unfair.

I'm sure some grizzled vet is going to put me in my place, but it seems like the majority of the complaints come from people who are so used to games handholding them that they don't know how to think tactically.