SMITE General /smgen/

lyin tometa Edition

>PC 4.2 - Yo Kappa Kappa
smite.gamepedia.com/SMITE_Version_4.2

>XBO & PS4 3.25 - The Phantom Queen (New Celtic Goddes: The Morrigan)
smitegame.com/smite-console-the-phantom-queen-3-25-patch-notes/

>New Egyptian Clash Map Reveal
youtube.com/watch?v=YfHSBaMyES8

>Path of the Phantom Queen
smite.gamepedia.com/Path_of_the_Phantom_Queen

>Season Ticket 2017 (Fantasy League)
smite.gamepedia.com/Season_Ticket_2017

>SMITE FACEIT Beta
smitegame.com/smite-faceit-beta/

>SMITE Tactics
smitetactics.com/

>SMITE Rivals
smiterivals.com/

>Linking your Hi-Rez and Twitch account to get free thing
smitegame.com/twitch-linking-faq/
hirezstudios.com/link/

>Get Curse Voice Apollo & Curse Agni playing with Curse Voice
curse.com/games/smite

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ for all game-related questions
pastebin.com/M4TZPpe8

>/smgen/ Discord
discord.gg/DGhRe

The SMITE clans are SmGen (NA) and GenSm (EU), leaders are SethPhalange and HardyMcWilly respectively.
Post your name in the thread or send an invite to one of the leaders. WE CANNOT INVITE YOU IF YOU ARE ALREADY IN A CLAN

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

smite.gamepedia.com/SMITE_Upcoming_update
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for no gem or chest drops.

Am I a shitter if I insta lock one god over and over again

Smite fire for basic builds
play and read about all the gods so you know strengths, how they play, and how to counter build

smite isnt strict with x god in y role. I regularly play the sane god in multiples.

To learn laning a bit id say get comfortable with gods in joust and clash first.

it wont take a day though

>Get a chest drop
>Sphinx Ward skin

This general helped me with that (kinda) about a year ago, its super dead now for some reason so that's a little discouraging but pretty much
>mages go mid
>hunter & guardian (tank) go duo lane (that's the LONG lane next to the beach)
>warrior (this can be changeable) goes to solo lane (the short lane near the lava area)
>assassin goes jungle
This is all assuming you're playing conquest though, which you should start getting comfortable with and not scrub it up by leveling 1-30 from meme modes.

Buff to Thoth's 1 when? It feels like it doesnt do shit.

Nerf his 2 to make it cripple instead of stun and make his 1 do more damage

>buff thoth
stop posting

I thought the stream was ending on the last game?

Best defense against chain stun?

gamehunter's good pool is incredible, 1 god, ullr, thats it.
Fucking ullr every game.
Fucking gamehunter, this is why you stopped being relevant 3 years ago faggot.

How does last hitting work in this game? Do you get more gold if you last hit or do you get full gold if you are just near the enemy?

Don't get me wrong, 3 of his four moves are pretty good.

his 1 is fine l2build

>poseidon doesnt have an end-game
f. pls stop being a shitter

How do I use Sylvanus's ult

>I don't like Pastrami

What a fag.

1.when the enemy/team is chipped down for a possible kill
2. to peel off you or your team
3.secure fg/etc
4. to knock up so someone on your team can get to/wait for cd
5. theyre camping your tower:
3-4-1-2

Why do people build purple boots when they just give some power and penetration when blue boots give power, mana and cooldown reduction? It just doesn't make sense.

Because penetration is better.

>cabra solo with most damage
how embarrasing

But why?

You'll do more damage and have better clear.

But with blue boots you can cast your abilities more often.

you get focus on gods that need cd + mana before chronos and then get magi.
though with sands of time, you could probably start with magi

k

Give me a Morrigan build please.

But her like Ao.

Build*

NOT ENOUGH SCYLLA TODAY

Oh so there's no leave game button and my surrender vote failed am I just supposed to keep playing this game when we have a 10k gold deficit

either keep playing or take the 30 minute and eventually a 60 minute ban

How do I build Ao?

Look at his popular tab.

The hell is that? Sorry I am sort of new to this game.

I'm sorry, I can't help you.

Based on the god you picked.

How do I know on which gods it is better to build which? Is there some rule of thumb to follow?

depends on you and how you play them.

If you like being aggressive, get focus/sands of time and trade later.

Please where can I find it. I tried searching both in-game for it and in the god builder but I cannot find it.

inventory / god builder look left under "general"

Okay thank you I found it. But it is blank. At least in jungle practice.

>been watching since this morning
>still no free items

>This Freya keeps fucking dying and feeding
reeeeeee stop being shit you fucking nerd, get obsidian shard you fuck, double ring is useless.

Seriously faggot if you weren't trash you would had obsidian shard and would be working into tahuti and then book of the dead.

Been watching since 3 and haven't gotten anything.
I even turned off some of my add-ons.

you build ao power and attack speed
something like:
sands of time/rangda/bumba magi-demonic grip-poly-shaman-book of the dead=fatalis
or get fatalis earlier

as for morg, i havent played her much but less attack speed and more burst id say

Ares gets a ton of value out of purple boots because that pen is a huge deal on his shackles and fire, same with Freya.

>they release Nike, a top pick and ban warrior
>they release Kuzenbo, a bottom barrel worst than Ah Puch shit tier God
Why does the God voice acted by Eggman have to be so bad?

the popular tab changes depending of the gamemode.

>Ullr

Ugh.

>gamehunter on ullr again
REEEEEEEE this fucking retard can't play anything else.

it depends on who designed the god. If you look back you'll notice a pattern of who was "op at launch" and "mediocre/bad at launch" and see it's consistent with the designer.

its even more embarrassing no one has banned it out

Is this S2?
Don't build attack speed on Ao.

Why not?

Season 1 actually, by season 2 daretocare came out with the super burst build we all know and love.

You are have higher dps as a burst close range mage assassin than with autos, he doesn't work well with that. His dragons proc poly and soul reaver, you can 100 to 0 a squishy that way.
His 3 is on a super short cooldown so you can just spam that doing tons of damage too.

>doesn't say why not

His 3 has low CD and you can easily spam it.
CDR and pen+power work better.

Throw a soul reaver and poly on him and a 2-3-2 combo can 100-0 squishies, and even heavily chunk people building tanky.

you definitely need something that increases ASPD though, like demonic grip or fatalis otherwise it takes too long to get all your dragon buffed autos out and they leap or dash away.

hm. interesting, all the times ive tried burst builds ive fed like a madman
maybe ill try it again

Reposting from last thread. Create your own unique God not done by Hi-Rez from a known Pantheon.
Psyche - Goddess of the Soul
Mage
Passive: The Self:
Psyche shares her happiness and misfortune with her allies. For every ally killed anywhere on the map, Psyche and nearby allies gain 10 physical power, 10 magical power, and 10 flat penetration for 10 seconds, stacking once. For every enemy God killed anywhere on the map, Psyche and nearby allies gain 5% movement speed, stacking only twice, lasting 10 seconds.
Ability 1: Ambrosia
Psyche takes a drink of Ambrosia, cleaning her of DoTs and soft CC, and healing her over time. Her next ability cast after drinking Ambrosia will deal 20% extra scaling.
Ability 2: Happiness
Psyche casts a wave of light energy in a line. Enemies take damage. Any allies hit by this wave are enlightened, being cleansed of CC and having increased movement speed.
Ability 3: Sadness
Psyche selects a ground target location. Enemy Gods that enter this location are saddened. Saddened enemies basic attacks and abilities are capable of damaging enemy God's allies for their full damage amount. Psyche may activate this ability again to explode the area, dealing damage equal to 50% of the damage dealt between enemy Gods on their own allies.
Ultimate: Misguided
Psyche takes flight with her butterfly wings. Above in the sky, Psyche may fire one wave of energy to an enemy God, misguiding them. Misguided Gods lose control of their God, and the God will instead begin to attack and damage their own allies for 10 seconds. A misguided God can be killed by their own allies, but does not reward an experience or gold bounty. A misguided God can only use abilities that were available at the time of becoming misguided, and does not use relics or consumables.

No you don't, you jump in with your dragons already out, hit 3 then instantly auto, you get to connect 1 or 2 and retreat.

So... looking at this Janus build with all that flat pen as well as Obsidian Shard. Doesn't getting both forms of pen give diminishing returns?

>Still not a single loot drop

Mathematically yes but you are not gonna feel that when it gives you 80extra power and 20% cdr.

SAME
ITS A MEME user
THERE REALLY IS NO LOOT DROPS

Hold the fuck on lads.... Are they only giving loot away to PC players (aka season 4 players)?

Alright faggots, here is the thing, if you have adblock/ublock activated on twitch or in general you won't get any fucking drops.

I got 3 chests and 20 gems and I am on PS4 watching from the PS4 Twitch app.

That's a lie because I got 2 drops during patch notes with my adblock on.

I even had it turned off to see if it would change anything for the past 2 hours and still haven't gotten anything.

Hestia, greek goddess of the hearth (also available as Vesta!)
Guardian
Passive: Hestia comes first: Whenever an allied god or structure within 55 units inflicts damage, Hestia received XX% of the dealt damage as health.
1: Eternal flame. Hestia projects a flame in a straight line. If it hits an allied structure or deployable, it explodes in a circle around it, causing additional damage.
2: Hearth. Hestia places a hearth down. It provides vision, and grants allied gods around it increased health regeneration and damage. You can place a maximum of three hearths on the map.
3) Comfort: Hestia launches a distant small AoE mez. If targetted at an allied deployable or structure, the mez has a much larger area of effect.
4) Domestic intervention. Hestia selects a hearth or tower, and make it invincible for three seconds. She is then teleported there, stunning all in an AoE as she arrives.

You do get more gold last-hitting. Also, creeps shot by a tower give less gold. Or is it XP? In any case, it's bad. Also, there are starter items for supports that give benefits when someone else last hits the creep.

Overall, it's not a strong focus of the game. If only because there's no deny involved.

Fenrir is a hard god to play.

>they still allow him to teleport absurd distances for his 3
If theyre so many untts away the brute needs cancelled

Gives xp not sure if less but no gold.

No. Only defense reduction and even then you still pen a lot.

Because with current items Ao can burst A Ra bot with just 3>2 (max dragons) instakill and that's not the optimal burst combo.

>tfw no loot

Nice patch notes link

smite.gamepedia.com/SMITE_Upcoming_update

And nice

One of these two was on purpose.

oly fuck thoth is OP

Decided to master morrigan while double xp is up and she's actually fun but I'm a little confused how to use her. With the short range of her stun apparently I have to stealth in to hit it, but then I have no abilities to profit off my 2, or am I supposed to be throwing my 2 first?

Took her into jungle practice to see how AA build would go and...it wasn't great.

When I ult, should I be looking more for AA gods so I don't have a huge ass cooldown for using their ult as well? I only do good with her ult copying guardians.

She's an ability based jungler/ganker. She does wel lenough splitpushing by moving around with stealth then turning herself into a hunter, kind of like how old wa would do.

WHY THE FUCK IS THOTH ALLOWED? CAN LITERALLY ULT YOU FROM HIS TOWER TO YOUR TOWER FUCK THIS GAME MAN

If you are seeing his ult from far away and it hits you, you're an idiot.

If you are running away from him in a straight line you are an idiot

>implying that dumbass kai blast move isn't big enough to hit you wherever you try to dodge
>implying he should be allowed to stop and continue using his ult whenever he decides to choose so
>implying his dash that's long as fuck should be allowed

fuck me in the legit ass just got thoth faggot and his gay jungle buddy again for the third time in a fucking row
I thought they fixed matchmaking for ranked man fuck this dumbass game holy shit he gets first pick EVERYFFUCKING TIME

Her ult punishes you for building CDR which you are kinda forced to do either way.

If their ult is on a higher cd then yours then your CD matches there's only if you burn it.

even if you dont use their ult you still get their ult CD, unless that's a bug that i experienced yesterday

Also I was leveling up whenever I transformed and then losing that level when i reverted, that could be a clash specific bug with the exp spooling though

overall i rate her still buggy and mostly shit/10

>ranked conquest
>duo lane shits the bed every game
>snowballs out of control
>get into a new lobby
>guy who called ADC spamming in Portuguese

goodbye 30 minutes of my life

it's a bug then, you're only supposed to get your ult cd if you transform and and don't use their ult.

>get placed in bronze3
>win next game and get informed that my next rank is plat4
>same game drops me an enigma chest
>win next game and advance to plat4
>dont know what the fuck is happening but my profile still displays me in bronze3

>didnt realize profile doesnt display season 4 yet
fuggg :DDD

>this is the only game where people actually go out of their way to tell you how shit you are
why can't we just all get along...

that's all mobas dude

we can't get along because you're shit. stop being shit.

is serqet shit because I'm playing jungle normally and haven't died and I'm lvl 8 while the other jungler is lvl 12 what the fuck
she can't clear a camp for shit

Are you just bad?

no but the enemy team got ao kuong