Nissan 350Z

Thinking about replacing my IS300 with a 2007-2008 350Z. Tell me why I shouldn't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States#Jurisdictions_requiring_periodic_vehicle_emissions_inspections
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well less practicality, but if you don't need that you don't need it. Drive one and see if you like it.

Don't.

Just go get a JDM 2JZ-GTE and do the engine swap we both know you've been talking yourself out of

r154 2 way cusco diff swap too.

Do it. 350z's are fucking cheap

Just get an 07-07 mustang gt, cheaper and faster

Pigfat slow unreliable car with a cringe design.

Well dam, I think that sums it up pretty nicely

Is300 is better in every way. Save for a g37

The IS is legitimately a better tuning platform. The Z33 is heavy and not particularly good looking. Earlier Zs are cool, I own an S30 but the Z33 just has never appealed to me.

The Z33 is a better car out the box, only Veeky Forums can argue it isn't.

The IS is only better if you're ready to drop $10,000 on a properly swapped 2JZGTE swap that'll pass state inspections, have a R154/V160 and Torsen LSD at the very minimum, and keep AC/PS/Cruise Control and all stock functionality.

They both drive like trash, honestly. Feel too big for their size, isolated, and you really have to push them to have fun at the limit.

Ignore the retards in this thread. The 350z is a fine car and the current market price for them is very reasonable. The only thing you should take into consideration really is the shortcomings of roadsters, not so much anything related to the 350z itself. They are low, have a small profile, less space, not as practical, can't really mitigate the discomfort of bumpy roads/potholes well, etc...

>state inspections
I live in Ohio, what are these?
t. random questioner new to the thread

If you want a 350z only buy 07-08, the revised engine (VQ35HR) is more powerful and more reliable then it's predecessor (VQ35DE)

>not getting the superior gen

CARB if you're in California, or in most of states/municipalities OBD2 Emissions Inspections where they just hook up a computer to check for emissions monitor readiness and stored/open check engine lights

Its fucking ugly.

Between my friends and I we've owned 5 Nissans and regretted every single one.

Skip it and buy a pontiac solstice for way cheaper.

Bitches love convertibles.

Get a damn honda civic. 350z is for ugly people.

What's to stop me from telling my computer to lie to the OBD2?
Also, how's CARB work?

it's ugly and only women drive them.

>What's to stop me from telling my computer to lie to the OBD2?

Nothing, its why you can get a 600whp Turbo K20 Civic pass emissions like a stock car using Hondata KPro. A few aftermarket engine management systems on newer cars have this option.

>How's CARB work

When doing a swap on a car 1976 and newer:

You have to retain all stock emissions systems and functionality from the original car when doing a swap (no matter how ridiculous, this includes fuel tanks/charcoal canisters and lines from the car the engine came out of to keep EVAP systems), and it generally has to be from a engine that was sold in California at one point, same model year as the car it's being swapped in or newer.

It then gets inspected by a State CARB/DMV official, who knows what to look for in terms of emissions system functionality (CARB referee program), and is then subject to sniffer tests every year like every other car after receiving a ref sticker indicating it meets California emissions requirements.

tl;dr just keep your fucking car close to stock (exhaust/intake mods are fine if they get a CARB sticker saying its legal for sale in California) or get a motorcycle.

ahhahaha this.

>haha its gay
>ahah its for women
>lol its 4 ugly peopel
I swear this board is Facebook at this point, all you retards know how to do is parrot the cringiest of stupid memes to fit in. I don't like the 350z nor would I ever recommend it (pigfat/slow/shoddy build quality/370z is a DIRECT upgrade/oil burning/ass driver feel), but jesus christ you people are just embarrassing.

lol buttmad

Naww, r154's are riced taxed. CD09 6-speed from a 350/370Z are affordable and apparently reliable as the R154. There are guys mating them to JZ's

>ahah its for women

i've seen a number of them around town and they each had women at the wheel and curb rash like you wouldn't believe.

>pigfat/slow/shoddy build quality/370z is a DIRECT upgrade/oil burning/ass driver
and you arebnt parroting stupid memes to fit in?

ahhahaha its for short people too.

ahhahaha

>lexus

EWWW

OP here, what about a 328i E92?

>douchebag car
no

>Not a 335i/135i

If you're going to deal with a BMW at least make it a fast one so its entertaining. They're not very expensive used and you get a lot of car for the money, buy one and keep a few grand in the bank for when something stupid happens (turbo/wastegate or fuel pump issues).

>Giving a fuck what people think about you
>Thinking the owners make the car

no

You own a prius?

Only 16 states do carb, that's not most states.

if you're state doesn't suck you can do whatever the fuck you want with no repercussions.

>still giving a fuck about what people think

no, but if i would i still wouldn't give a fuck, quit being a cuck and caring about others opinions. the douchebag behind the wheel doesn't make the car

priuses/prii are good cars if you just have to get from point A to B comfortably, fyi

CARB is only really enforced by California. The rest of the states (NY/CT for example) just do emissions testing by OBD2 port and adapt their standards for new vehicles sold in the state.

It also goes down to municipality too, off the top of my head, Raleigh, NC, Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX require emissions testing at the county level. Other states do their own testing (Nevada) without having CARB laws.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States#Jurisdictions_requiring_periodic_vehicle_emissions_inspections

I'm gonna drive a 350 and a 328. Any suggestions for something a little more practical that's still available in dark blue with a six speed?

Fucking idiot
Buy something that doesnt burn oil and break down.
>not bwm or nissan

You have like a million different options in that segment... Do so some research.

Impreza WRX/Legacy GT/9-2X Aero (hard to find in decent shape, but try anyways)

G35 Coupe/Sedan

2017 corolla is available in dark blue with a 6spd.
It doesnt burn oil or break down either.

get a honda civic

Nah theyre dogshit slow at least get a 335i. You can make it a 12 second car for less than 1000

this
I plan on picking one up for a few grand when I have more no claims bonus

It´s a great car. Ignore the pigfat bench racers.
Get it.

>buy a used BMW and keep a few grand in the bank for when something stupid happens

*every couple of months

the Z cars are tryhard cars. They look too tacky

This guy knows what he is talking about. Z cars look bad.