/tesog/ The Elder Scrolls Online General

Choo choo edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Y

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer_Names
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

trainwiz trainwiz trainwiz

Valentine's day update when

Will I be okay playing a Bosmer tank? Or will I shaft myself? Class I was thinking of was sorc if that matters.

Hi

>race with no health bonus no damage mitigation bonus no incoming heal bonus or sustain

Yes, you'd be shafting yourself.

i love you

I love me too.

I'm currently playing Morrowind as a dick-ass thief, what factions should I consider joining aside from the Thieves Guild?

which guar is the best guar
i am willing to spend money to live out my morrowind fantasies. hundreds of hours in it and i now plan on playing eso

Morag Tong if you have a murder boner, House Hlaalu for maximum skill synergy. also you're in the wrong general

He's just a refugee, at least here we actually discuss the videogame we are playing.

Two dumb questions from a newbie here:

What's the deal with itemization? Why is everything so high? I wasn't expecting my first sword to have 1100 damage or a helmet to have 1500 armor when I just started playing, is this shit going to be in the millions by the endgame?

Also, how do these public dungeons work? I'm seeing people run around everywhere I go, which is neat since they always help me when I'm fighting, but how does loot in the area work? If I loot a crate or grab weapons / armor off a rack, am I jacking shit that other people won't be able to get but might need? It's a little confusing

Anyone else excited about the Morrowind expansion?

1. With one Tamriel, everything scales with you. You start the game scaled up to champion point 160. As you level, the buff they give to decreases, assuming that you're getting more comfortable with the game/class, getting better skills/morphs, etc. Once you hit the champion points, the scaling drops off hard, and you'll need to play smart.

2. Public dungeons are open to everyone. Loot for yourself, or they'll take yours. Group dungeons, on the other hand, are different. In a group dungeon, if there is a heavy bag or a chest, everyone gets a chance to loot it.

not really. all the cool history from Morrowind happens in a very small timespan from the time you start the main quest. it will be nothing like the actual Morrowind game save for flora and fauna.

so factions is just pvp right?

Yes

Worse, it looks like they're going to have Skyrim style models for everything, so no cramped electricity powered dwemer ruins because Skyfags are all going to wonder what the fuck is going on.

Actually I think it was leaked that Morrowind dwemer sets have their own unique tilesets

gonna start playing, is a stam nb imperial ok?

why would you ever pick the human race in ANY game that presents you with any other choice

>Darkshade Caverns II
>Tempest Island
>Ruins of Mazzatun

Prepare your anus.

Does Lightning Form benefit from thaumaturge in the CP screen? Does it count as a damage over time ability?

fear

anyone else have major issues with loading screens or failed logins? I've tried port forwarding, and all their other shitty suggestions like not having addons.. and I still fail to login 75% of the time and every other loading screen I have to alt+f4 out of after 5 min or so of it just sitting there.

Anyone know of any furniture that's about the size of that basket, but say, not as expensive?

i had one loading screen tonight i had to alt+f4 out of but that's it so far. maybe one of your addons is fucked?

I just said I have no addons. Read nigger.

You got on ESO Live

What piece of beauty are you building now?

Biplanes
But it's not working out, the inability to scale items is really limiting and expending me.

i literally just started playing redpill me on what add-ons i should get, also im going for a sneaky nightblade character is that good for noobs?

new player. the addons in the OP necessary for someone playing the game solo? no interest in pvp

StamNightblade is probably the hardest class to level solo without wanting to kill yourself.

I haven't found it that bad but I've been playing 2H so I have rally.

Really have to rely on siphon, refreshing path, and just kamikaze fuckers with AOE's before they get you. Its tough at first, I agree.

God damnit, I feel like I fucked up. I bought the Tamriel Unlimited version of the game in a sale and I've been enjoying the game enough to want the DLC but there's no way to upgrade to the gold version.

Do I just need to start a new account? I'd rather not lose the character I've played to this point but it kind of seems like I have to. Gold edition is $30 for the DLC, a mount, and 500 crowns where my only other option is paying $40 for 5500 crowns and buying only the DLC.

The guilds and glory pack comes with all the DLC the gold edition would have come with.

Yes, but not the 500 crowns or a mount which is another 1500 crowns but still costs $10 more which is my point.

Which is better for tanking: DW or 2H for secondary bar? I'm leaning towards 2H for Cleave and Momentum.

has anyone ever cured Valaste? I've sent her with Uncle Sheogorath twice now, and I'm not REALLY in a crunch for skill points since I'm not crafting on this character, so I don't REALLY need the skill points.. but is there any impact from curing Valaste?

Does the Dark Brotherhood main questline randomly end at A Lesson in Silence? Or is there more I am not seeing?

DB and TG quests progress when your level in that skillline reaches a certain level.

I use bow, to drop the aoe, or the 3 dots with caltrops.

Yes, lots of people around release when they assumed there was another way to get those skill points. They were so mad.

I cured her, I have never done the other ending but the only major difference I can think of is she doesn't appear on Eyevea to thank you (obviously) and you wouldn't hear some NPCs comment about how a woman named Valaste rediscovered Eyevea (but there's probably something else they say instead?)

Is TESO worth getting yet? I heard on release it was pure shit but looking at it now it looks pretty gud, especially with the new Morrowind expansion around the corner. Is it good for solo play or will I have to drag in a friend to play with me

Hmm well, this character is kind of a selfish assassin so I should just turn her over to Sheogorath in character anyway. I'll cure her on my moralfag templar.

Solo has been fun. Just don't make the same mistake I did, if you're buying it, buy the gold edition or you'll end up paying $40 more for the same shit.

>is teso worth getting for 30$

do bears shit in the woods?

i wish people would stop trying to solicit me for erp. just because my character is barefoot does not mean they have anything to do with your foot fetish.

It's less about $30 and more about 85gb. I'd have to clear the fuck out of my hard drive to make room for it.

How much of a difference does race make? I want to make a wood elf, but really don't want to play Nightblade which seems like the only thing they'd be good at.

i like 2h simply because it's useful for pvp too

what class were you thinking? Wood elves are good for stamDPS and pvp, so unless you want to go full on spell slinger there's nothing wrong with being non-NB

How come you hide the fact you're visiting Veeky Forums? "Reddit and Tumblr"?

not much difference for 90% of the content, your non-normieness will more than offset the disadvantage

What weapons should my StamSorc use?

Am I too late to use this meme class?

Is it possible to equip armors of different races' styles, at least in the late-game?

Argonians are pretty ugly

Something magicka based since I heard stamina based was worse. Was leaning towards sorcerer but it seems like that's a poor decision.

bosmer is all around good for stam dps no matter what class you play. don't pay attention to that stealth damage passive. it's just as useful for opening up with your bow on any other class

>solicit me for erp

What do they say?

*pulls toes*

You can do it from the get-go. The first armour you encounter should be soul-shriven style.

Does the extra bar from overload still work?

Was it intentional or will they remove it eventually?

If you want to go mag DPS: Altmer and Breton are easily the best picks.

Make a High Elf then.

what makes a good dunmer name? i am an rp/immersion fag

That's what I figured. I can't make anything but a wood elf look even halfway decent which is why I was asking. I guess I'll just go with a tank or something so I can be another race.

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer_Names

I would go with Ultis Ultus.

how active is this game on pc?

What?

dead game

anyone know how to get that reshade things working?

its working in game the menu and all but when i load an ini it dont work...?

Im the only person that plays it.

Is it genuinely inactive or is this a meme answer?

I've dithered about actually buying the game even though I have money saved for it, and I want to invest into an mmo that still has a decade ahead of it

Momentum or Surge?

it's filled with cheaters, exploiters and everything is so meta that there's only about three builds you'll ever be playing. if you don't play a meta build you'll always get smashed in pvp and groups will kick you out of pve. dead. game

meme, it's been active at the lower levels at least in the past week or so due to sales.

The player base consists of Trainwiz and his constructs.

i started playing last week, once you get out of your faction's tutorial area it seems to be very active. there's almost always people running around wherever i am and it doesn't take long to run into another player when trying to do group stuff out in the world. the main cities in the three zones i've been to have all been pretty packed, especially around the crafting benches.

Just poking fun at ESO Live presented you as "that guy from tumblr and reddit" they showed your choo choo.

Well it's not like any PR people browse Veeky Forums

>in quest instance
>get booted because nigger tier servers
>have to start over

>I bought TESO gold edition on Steam
>It's now being downloaded on my steam acc
>I assume that my ESO acc will be my steam acc

D-did I make a mistake?

>3 builds
>Not 1 build
Look at this special snowflake, don't you have a Tumblr to update?

I don't think so, steam is not that bad

Is it me or has the playercount shot up to serious levels?

Sale + Morrowind Announcement + Housing.

>tfw can't decide what class to play

mag sorc is fun to play

all the classes are the same so just jump right in

playing as 2H dragonkight, pretty boring.

True, Veeky Forums isn't really a place one wishes to be associated with.

Surge.

2h is most fun on Nightblade I've found, it works well with teleport strike/ambush.

Nightblades overall are very fun to play. Being able to sneak up to anyone and start a fight by assassinating someone with the blade of woe isn't efficient but it's fun.

i can do it and im sorcerer