No gay ass stickers, no jerking off to cartoon girls, just good old wrenching

If you're working on something, post it
ya fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

hemanual.org/timing_belt_repair_procedures-2327.html
lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Sun_Valley-263/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumpin

just put new clips on my fuse box so it doesn't hang.

want to clay bar my car but couldn't be fucked washing it then drying it then claying it then washing it then drying it then waxing it then buffing it

fuck that just piss on it

blasted?

Yup, had it done at a body shop. Guy let it sit in a fucking shed for a couple days in bare metal because he forgot to call me.

Price wise, does it seem worth? I found a VW floorpan and a Manx-style body out in the metalyard of the plant I work at and might coax management to take it off their hands, but looks like surface rust is all over it, or at least in similar appearance to your before pic. Considered just getting one of those Harbor Freight deals or if it's worth getting it sent out to be done

Def not only reason I went that route is because of living with the parents and not wanting to get kicked out from having media all over the place

My motorbike has an electrical issue. There's a fucking gremlin somewhere, so I'm tempted to open up every cluster of electrical connections I can find to dry them out and get rid of the fucking moisture that fucked me over last week.

Otherwise, the boot of my car is full of crap. Most of it underneath the flooring because the mechanics didn't remove the crate from the boot before checking stuff as part of the MOT, and managed to up-end it and get the contents all over the spare wheel compartment.
I need to clear it out. It shames me that my car is so messy.

I did my rear main seal in the past week, does that count? Waiting on new exhaust studs, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, etc now.

Also my front diff exploded the day after the rear main seal was done yay

its 8 fucking degrees here boys, the only thing im working on today is turning a pot of coffee into piss.

>hot chick bump tho

About to start finish assembling my vg30dett.

Pic from the tear-down.

Headin out to swap a 1.8l into a 1.6l miata today. Should be easy. Next weekend we are going back and supercharging it.

Tomorrow my buddy and I are making a new video.

i fixed some small niggles in my car like center console backlight, loose head unit and left taillight being held on pure willpower. Also buffed out small door dent and gave it thorough wash and waxing for the first time since owning it. Now i love it 200% more than i did before

Feels like 17 F with windchill here, my garage is heated but I need the door open to move around so it's a bitch

Was hoping to finish the motor this weekend but ran into a snag

went to throw on the intake

Anyone see where the gap is coming from?

What is the procedure to inspect a timing belt? Should it follow the same procedure as replacement?

The timing belt on my car is covered above and below by plastic covers. These covers are blocked by the accessory belts and I also need to jack up the engine in order to remove them. I don't think it's worth all the effort to inspect/look at the belt, when I could just wait until the service interval and replace it then.

Service manual (Hyundai Elantra, with 2.0 L Beta II) if interested: hemanual.org/timing_belt_repair_procedures-2327.html

Are you the guy with the YBR 125?

>What is the procedure to inspect a timing belt?
You don't. You just wait for the service interval. But if you have just bought it, then you should replace it ASAP.

>edelbrock in charge of casting

That's gonna have to go

Ah thats better

>You don't. You just wait for the service interval.
Alright, cool.

>But if you have just bought it, then you should replace it ASAP.
Why should I replace it immediately? Does the belt deteriorate or anything like that?

Started pulling this apart. Definetly had the wrong stand for it.

JUST KIDDING, ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE BOLT HOLES ALIGN

Because you don't know if the previous owner changed it before they got rid of it.

IT'S NOT LIKE I WANTED TO BOLT YOU UP RIGHT? HAHA FUCK ME

What's that senpai

>mfw I get to go to a junk yards to look for an engine and other car bits for my memeR2 soon
How hard is it to make a wire harness and how hard is it to make your own mount good goys?

>intake doesnt fit on cylinder head
The fuck you just bought?

Duramax LLY with a horrible knock.

eddy rpm air gap intake

I don't think its their fault, the heads were milled.

shit nigga

Try stuffing some gaskets in between

...nigga, there's only one gasket and it's in this pic

Then what now? Angle grinder?

Well that's the question isn't it, I can get the intake milled but it'd be expensive and time consuming.

The holes are about 1/16 - to 1/8" off so I could try to ream them out a bit. Kinda sketchy but may work fine.

>that cylinder head

my dad is taking me here next weekend for the sale
lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Sun_Valley-263/
since i'm a car noob i'm hoping i'm lucky enough to pick out parts that will work for my 97 neon, not that it isn't in running condition already, less than 140k miles and brand new radiator/water pump but i'd like some more power if that's possible

as long as i get compatible parts my uncle might help me a bit considering he builds engines for a living but at least he has tons of tools i can use...

i should go outside and torque down my rockers... i just dont feel like it

>its 8 fucking degrees here boys

Fucking 15 and windy as hell here, a bit too cold to be doing much in a unheated uninstalled pole barn.

Got most of the front end of my super duty torn down, hoping to drop it off at the frame shop sometime soonish.

Kek I'm going to lkq too I hoping to get a good 5sfe

trying to find the source of a vibration, i reckon its driveline related. sounds like a slapping sound and i can feel something hitting the car directly under my feet when i drive. its a headfuck and a half

they have a sale 40% off 17th-19th, have you been to the Sun Valley one before? this is my first time going to any of these kinds of places, hoping the latino folk don't tear the place apart before i get there desu, they're amazing scavengers

Why would you put a 5SFE back in something?

Busy pulling the head off my AW11... Fuck exhaust studs though

Recently installed a supercharger, no problems with the vehicle running but I got a CEL the other day and after scanning see that there's something wrong with my EVAP system.
Checked all the lines and they seem okay, cheapest fix would be replacing the VSV and gas cap, but that might not be the problem.
Any recommendations/advice?
Vehicle is a 2011 Tundra 5.7 with 82k on it.

Of course I forgot to post the error codes.

If i could get a Japanese school girl to bend over the hood of a GMC syclone/typhoon like that my dick would fucking explode.

Got a bad water pump on my 93 corolla. Timing belt was replaced less than 30,000 miles ago so I'm gonna replace the pump without taking the timing belt off. My question is what are the chances I mess up the timing by doing it this way?

They are bulky alright. One weighs the same as like 2 lsx heads.

That's why your parents don't love you.

No sadly but they have something I want from what I've seen on the online innovatory... just show up 20 minutes before they open and you should be ok

>Cheap engine
>parts for that engine for decades
>slightly more hp than the 4age and more torque
>I have to rebuild the whole engine and that would cost me more shekels for every thing I have to replace
That's why kek

just got a LSD installed... at the shop

because fuck that, idk how to do it

I'm avoiding putting money into the 300 but the alternator is overcharging the battery. If I can buy a new alternator, and make it work with a 302 I'm going to do that.

>Wheel bearing needs to be replaced
>Have a full list of mods I want to do
>Tax return hasn't arrived yet
>Temperature currently -20*C

Just sitting here listening to Rush and shitposting until those two things work themselves out.

how?

>Try stuffing some gaskets in between
yeah, NO!

Since the heads were milled the intake will have to be milled to compensate.

Put a bigger pulley on it

>tfw no money, time or workspace to tackle the project i want to yet.
is it blasphemy if i build my engine but haul it down to a shop to have it swapped in?

yes and?

>no jerking off
Too late.

I mean it's better than a 4age, but the other S engines should be easy to drop in. What's the engine in?

oh i see, hope you find it

on another note, i did one headlight restoration and the results are quite impressive, now i gotta do the other side. this is my very first little project i've ever done on a car, baby steps!

Working on this rust heap. Pulled the 455 like a month ago, have the original 350 rocket to put back in. Frame has a rust hole to patch, as well as the floors. Then the body has to be stripped completly and redone. Gonna take forever. Right now my dad is helping me build some frame dollies so we can roll it around in the shop

>she

fuck you and your gay thread.

Wish there was a pick'n'pull near me. I want to wander around junkyards to help my heap

>Working on my parent's old Yota, see this
And yes, it is an 80's Yota

>tfw i finally get there next weekend with my dad but neither of us know what to be looking for even

at least we get some cardio in walking around the place...

i don't think you're supposed to be able to see the ground lol seems bad desu

I want to learn how to wrench but I don't want to practice on my late model Camry.

Should I buy a second car that is real cheap and well documented that I can fuck around with? Maybe a NA miata or a new edge Mustang?

those are problem indicators, as long as you can see ground through them, no problem.
if you see sky or other cars, problem.
my great grandad had one in his old farm truck

makes sense now

not sure, cast aluminum so I guess some extra material got left on lol

pic related my old 80's yota

couple cans of the ol' krylon and she's good as new

Got a P0171, and the OBD-II unit I have makes me think it's a bad downstream O2 sensor. The voltage graph for the other three sensors look fine (the lines oscillate). The downstream on bank 1, however, just hangs out at the same voltage (line is straight).

I need to get LS motor mount adapter plates that'll hopefully work with my stock mount location so I don't have to fuck with my driveline

So no wrenching this weekend but I wasn't planning on it because its fucking cold

its sunday gents, grab a beer and grease your bearings

krylon?
rust remover?

90s
>Camry
>Celica gts
>n/a usdm sw20

grease my bearings daddy

>baby steps
That's how people get good at engine swapping and tuning user but if other people ask if it's hard just tell them it's not worth going through it and make it look like you want to kill your self while doing any swaps or tuning that way we discourage people who want to get into stuff like that and we get all the parts we need to our selfs

I would go with the mustang, but yeah practice with something other than your daily until you're comfortable

amen bro

been meaning to change the fuel filter on my diesel for the last two months, but just been too damn cold for me to bother fucking with it

>Had the opportunity to buy an absolutely mint, all original black GMC Syclone with 85k miles for $9k
>Passed on it to buy a Yukon Denali

I kick myself all the time. Although I would have felt like a scumbag driving a Syclone in the winter.

Put a shiny new belt tensioner on my rusty shitbox focus, and a new alternator last week. Was going to do an axel, but FERD CAN'T DO BALL JOINTS LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ALSO FUCK TORX

helped my friend convert his car to LSD rear this weekend. Haven't tried offroading yet but seems to be quicker in town

Helical LSD and new driveshaft going back into the Z.

Fixing my ghetto-rigged doors. I needed moisture barriers because I had a waterfall coming out of my speaker holes so I made some out of trash bags. Now I'm replacing them with OEM liners and those foam speaker baffles.

>weighs the same as like 2 lsx heads.
Then why use it?

i made my racing manual car some bit more light today.

i always thought they should come that way stock

but shouldn't you be discouraging me then? hehe
in any case the market is over saturated here in los angeles county as it is, the thing is, honest mechnics who won't scam the shit out of you are rare, when i asked my uncle how he is so good at building engines, he just said he does it the right way, every time

whenever he goes to races people will ask him to do their tuning as well. he made did a lot of alcohol fuel flat bottom drag boats, if you know anything about that stuff you probably have heard his name desu

nah m8, i used a wire brush for a good like 30 seconds and then sprayed the fucker.

It was a '87 celica that burned oil so bad that I would know when to fill it because the oil pressure started dropping.

Bought it at a used car lot in newark, he kept it on almost empty because it had a nice leak in the fuel tank that I found the day after I bought it when my driveway was covered in gasoline.

Good times.

Funniest part was the car was so rotted even the fucking backseat seatbelt was rusted.

Gave so little fucks I just painted over it.

Also pro tip on rust repair guys

That rusty hole in the wheel well by the exhaust leak? Just duct tape over it and paint it for extra protection.

*Note: this will not stop the exhaust fumes from almost making you pass out

is that XLperfomrtools i see under your celica? Thinking of buying some, do you like them/ satisfyed?

Nah you just seem like a pretty chill guy I just hate people that waste good engines because the give up on it
Example:
>guy I knew a while back bought a rx7 fd with daddy's money
>he would brag how much of a car guy he is
>3 months later
>he didn't premix engine blew and caught on fire
>car was totaled and he junked it
It triggered me