/ng/ - Nioh General

Tome is C U T E edition.

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character

You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you.

Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough

dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

Previous thread -

>You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you.
How.

>tfw i will never lick Tome's sweaty armpits after she gets done working next to a hot forge all day

>mfw the flail-sickle is so OP it made Li and the Bird-lady boss easy peasy

>close combat ki damage
Fug that's good, desu. But the Soul matching cause really puts me off, is there a good place I could farm for gold with Mizuchi equipped?
I've just unlocked the area after frog boss.

Ii Naomasa is the best.

Red Oni a best.

Is the curved-knife-on-interlinked-rings any good?

>Be hugging wall dashing through bridge
>Bridge has smol hole right next to wall
>fal through and die

Switchblade-on-a-rope is the best weapon type in the game right now.

How good is the weakness talisman?

Mr. Kitty

Any suggestions on how to beat the two ninjas

Spear > Kusarigama > Axe >1kat >2 kat

Are you really having problems in Daizafu?

It's time to post your Willy-san.

Why does TK have a boner for Demon King Nobunaga design?

When will I start seeing cool unique Kusarigamas? Right now Raikiri and the other 1kat are king. All Kusarigamas that drop are generic purples at best. Also any skills that are must haves for Kusarigama? Standout stance?

How did our boy DSP fair in this game so far?

What do ya'll think is the hardest fight/encounter?

Also I want to FUK Fuku.

Did you forge a new mask? Get any good effects?

>Farming the last mission for revenants and Yamato-no-orochi kills.
>Half the revenants aren't wearing helmets.

Like, for what conceivable purpose?

If you don't want to see a helmet, you can toggle it in the settings. If you don't like the look of a particular one, you can refashion it.

Why the hell would you fuck yourself out of 7 effects and 100+ defense for the sake of FASHION?

Fuck, thank you.

Is it just me or do the Axe skills suck a fat dick?

Tome is kawaii af. Do we ever get more of her backstory? Also, best girl is Ginchiyo.

Spear users everyone!

Its an NPC revenant, you fucking moron.

Who drops the kingo set in way of the warrior?

Jajajaja

It was a joke, you bully.

>yfw you realize all these people really existed

Kusa's are good as is without needing a unique design. You can literally kill every single boss by spamming High Stance strong attack. Its literal cheese weapon

Well begun

Why won't these faggots just drop their smithing text?! Fuck.

Also I deeply regret going for Nobunaga's armor.

lmao3kat

Nice save, conquered cuck.

I haven't found a good reason to use the charge up attacks, other than style points. They take way too long to charge up and do less damage than a normal heavy attack chain which also hits faster. Maybe they thought heavy ki damage would be enough reason to use them, but it isn't imo.

Maybe someone else can give me an idea of when/why to use these things.

hello?

Now that I'm trying to do the high five with people, god damn the timing is weird. Still can't get it.

>mfw people didn't know this

>that sub-mission in the ogress level

If you're talking about iai, it can be upgraded for more damage and come out faster. Also, when you ki pulse, it puts you in iai stance automatically. I'm not in a position to compare this to a heavy high stance combo, but it may be better. Plus it's stylish af.

>Inheritence mission
>That fucking HP on that revenant at the end

Kill me...

I'm not far in, only to mission three, but is there a store or something where I can buy items and spend all the fucking yen I'm collecting?

also this boss in mission 3 is hard

I can't get over these fucking sheathes, I love them. Also an elemental 2kat FINALLY. It also seems like the next teahouse side mission gets me the schematics? I hope. Hope there's a fur trim coat so I can go full garish.

Blacksmith

>10000+ damage
Holy shit what are you using?

This is so good.

A carnage talisman and probably the x2 damage Katana secret art for attacking somebodies back. Shits good with Iai.

Lvl 149 Divine Warrior of the West Sword (811 Atk) with Carnage Talisman.

Do bosses drop weapon smithing texts as well, or just armor?

Onryoky and Batbitch can drop texts, dunno about the other yokais.

Was talking about axe, not katana. Hold triangle to charge up and slam the ground or do an aoe swing. They just seem useless to me.

My only complaint about this game is all the humanoid faggot bosses who run away and shit out projectiles at you.

The bosses drop everything they are wearing as well as smithing texts for everything they are wearing. Including the masks for Nue, helmets for Hino-enma and Onryuki, etc. Get to farmin'

Jesus

Does damage really ramp up that high in general?
I can't imagine my damage reaching that level at this point

Gotta pump those luck stats man.

so the peacock either gives you a random element when you living weapon it, or it cycles through them, i cant tell which.

Went through the whole game just using 1kat and no magic or ninjitsu. Now how do I play way of the strong properly because I'm getting my ass kicked horribly.

use magic and ninjitsu

I actually upgraded

What scales with whip-scythe?

It's a cycle, I believe. Its special ability when in Living Weapon changes the element.

inb4

What set is that?

neat

LOOK ON THE WEAPON STATS IT TELLS YOU

What are some good Ninjitsu/spells for someone who's not investing much in either. I figure bombs/shurikins/direct spells won't hurt as much if I don't raise my ninjitsu/onmioji power, are poisons/debuffs/other things okay?

All ninjutsu spells are for utility, you don't get them for damage.

Even the shuriken and kunai are utility. They tend to do a lot of kai damage and help with aerial enemies.

Paralyze needs a buff or rework right now because it's only good for one hit, and the only thing good at applying it are multi-hit/combo centric attacks that'll eat up that one hit before you noticed you procced it.

Poison, however, scales with enemies. Either level or HP. It's like a more consistent fire proc.

Carnage Talisman and the one that recovers your Ki while also automagically purifying any Yokai zone you walk into; it's called Kekkai Talisman

Do even trash drop texts?
Just (finally) got an onmyo set to smith and I got no idea what unlocked it (think it was after I killed black baron).

Paralyze is literally just used to get a perfect carnage/powerpill/weakness/ Iai from behind for the biggest dick damage you've ever seen

it's genius strategists top and gloves
bowman pants
yagyu shoes

>mfw having to farm this centipede fuck for his fangs to make the kingo set

is the frugality ninjutsu passive just bugged?

half of the time it doesn't drop ammo at all

Oda gives bonuses to enemy confusion...
The fuck is "Enemy Confusion"?!

I need webms of this. I don't give a shit if it's just theory crafting that needs a frame perfect set up. I want to see someone buff themselves up, paralyze an enemy, then hit them with a perfectly spaced Iai while wearing the bat bitch helmet. I need five digit numbers here, damnit.

Centipede is the least fun boss to fight and has no fast way to cheese him for mats.

What's the idea behind stamina? I've leveled mine to 25 so I can wear light armor with one medium headpiece to stay at A agility. It feels like its just very difficult to stay at A while wearing full armor.

Ying/Yang status

for the life of me i cannot figure out where this wall is, i have no idea how this idiot got murdered by one

>Shichisei-Ken & Heishishorin-Ken
My god! It's beautiful!
Now to find out who the hell drops the text to smith the damn thing...

>Yuki-Onna dash attack
was I just being a shitter at dodging or is that shit impossible to dodge? Swear I was dodging at the right moment but she kept nailing me with it.

Still beat her though.

>whenever she telegraphed the charge attack I ran the fuck away and slung fire shots at her
>unlimited Onmyo kept proccing so I fired like 20 shots at her and she burned to death
>mfw

Walls must be able to chase people pretty far. I've seen graves two rooms away from a level's SINGLE Nurikabe. It confused the shit out of me.

geeze, what chest is that? that rules.

Exceptional, I believe. It's Sakon's set.

>almost killed umi-bozu with no lights
>realize I fucked up, backtrack and light all 3
>he now has way less hp, doesn't 1 shot, has no adds until the final phase

well shit

What 2kat is that? That sheath is incredible.

>mfw there's no way to get Sakon's giant hat from that cutscene

He wont even have adds at all if you never touch the lights in the fight.

red demon or warrior of the east for spears

Killing umi-bozu with no lights is a prestige challenge.

Same with beating Muneshige without taking damage.

70 deaths by spider boss

he fell off the platform ten times on slime boss

good ending and last bosses, reminds me a lot of games have shitty endings anymore

>DSP is further in this game than me
Goddamn I need to find more time to play.

>Axe gets a gesture
What the shit man

But the ending isn't actually the end user.