freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/6uvuyb2zgfjmn23/
mediafire.com/file/51s7za1g313y97l/
a.uguu.se/CZSzSCxElrSK_memes.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Second for GM, Unity and UE fags do not belong here.

Nth for non-visual progress.

Shifting an index offset is much easier than shifting the contents of an array by 1 every update.

they're ya go.

Ill repost this since the last thread just died. Thoughts?

actual thread

For a level editor I'm looking to store the properties of roughly 6 million (maximum) tiles in an array in C#. Is there any better way to do this?

>like 900 sprites in and I'm still winging it to get by

Is art ever anything BUT winging it? I sure don't feel comfortable.

Oh god you're right, how hilarious that I thought the thread with progress in it was the right one!

How do I make MMO lol?

>so triggered that you made a new thread

Lol.

Divide it into chunks.

this wont be in the game but if it were how would i even balance this.

special item limited to a certain area for a specific time?

reposting progress from yesterday
new ui is coming along well, added in descriptions, equipping things, etc. Just need to readd the options menu and it's all done

Forearms look kinda short, upper arms are too blocky compared to the rest. Hard to tell if it'll bend well once animated, you might wanna post an image where we can see the topology.

>I made you a pie of excrement
>Why aren't you eating it?
>Are you literally so triggered that you won't eat my poo?

At what size does it become acceptable though?

A LOT of art is winging it until you have a ridiculous amount of practice, you'll get into the hang of things after like 6 years

>i'm being an unproductive shit and i don't care anymore

>things people with no artistic talent say

Fuck off nigger.

So I guess that's just like how I am with programming, huh? Well, guess I'll keep putting the effort in.

What size are your tiles? Personally I'd aim at less than a dozen chunks visible at a time. Ideally there wouldn't be more than 4 visible at a time, but if you use very small tiles or allow extreme zooming (out), a chunk could become so big that it defeats its purpose.

What would be a smart way to have a first person model that the player can look down and see without having to animate every thing? Maybe I could only animate the very generic actions like walking and crouching.

hard to say at this point but don't get married to it, the best way to improve to complete the mesh, be willing to junk the whole thing, learn from mistakes and repeat several times

Like everything in life, is something you never stop learning, you will always keep improving as long as you keep practicing

t. N*

make them a wheeled robot, like the robobrains or sentrybots from fallout, or some kind of hovering/flying creature

So what do the rings do? I assume they're like the rings from the oracle games and give you neato passive effects?

player is a ghost or non-humanoid/stylized cartoon so animating is easy

You two are really pleasant people

Fuck off, Reek.

Don't make us call up the Menz & Mollyz about you again...

>superior devs do not belong in agdg
We know. We choose to grace you with our presence.

gas chambers

or chunks you'd want to have them small enough that there's not a huge excess of tiles being run when you run the chunks around the player or camera but large enough that implementing chunks is actually useful (e.g, not having a chunksize of 1)

40x40px, with no zooming functions currently.

it's a regular dude with legs though. I don't mind making walking and crouch walking animations but would it be weird that the arms never show?

Gameplay is basically webm but in a spoopy house.

>Reposting progress because I'm pretty damn happy it works

- Grid populated from scriptableobject level data, so we can load into the scene whatever map data is needed for the level
- path tiles auto-slope based on the height of their neighbor, and the floor deforms with it
- Enemies pathfind based on a weighted floodfill per-exit on the map, allowing for mazing in later levels if I want to go that route

Next up: Choosing what tower to build, implementing currency restrictions for building towers, and having towers shoot at enemies. And then. .. that's a whole game, right?

my game lacks direction

What would be best to show the topology? Wireframe? Edit mode?

I rounded the arms by quite a bit and added extra rings at the elbows. Is there a best practice on the amount detail needed on the joints?

16x16 tiles chunks sound appropriate.

Hey, what's the basic setup to rig something like this in unity?

@N*
3 years then? Excellent.

Yeah, they're all different passive effects. Stuff like dealing extra damage when you hit stuff but taking damage if you miss, not being knocked back as much, increased pickup find, etc. There's a couple of rings that do really special stuff and are used to unlock secrets

What does N* even stand for?

>would it be weird that the arms never show?
probably not
did you drop that sub game? It looked neat

character is in aliens power loader so awkward animations are ok

Not him but I'm guessing rag doll physics on a humanoid rig and he figured the mechanics needed to move these figures with physics controls similar to other QWOP games. I believe I recall him describing the calculations he needed just to make a figure walk without animations alone.

Fuck off, Reek.

Oh I know this is like the third or fourth attempt. I actually enjoy modeling quite a bit even though I'm a programmer.

I am going for a low detail/poly model to keep it simple. I don't need it to look amazing, I just need it to work.

I don't believe 6 years is an appropriate estimate. Many artists flourish with only a month or two of study and practice. If someone can't get better with their art after a year they have no talent and should give up and find an artist.

one gorrilion keks

I'll look into that then, thanks.

I'm just saying, if you have enough time to act like a NEET then you probably have enough time to make progress on your project. Whatever project you are working on I'm sure it's going to be fun to play, and I'm looking forward to seeing it published! :D

got anything really weird/gimmicky like the punch ring?

Use edit mode. Elbows are rarely a problem, most people tend to have problems with the shoulder.

oh look its the meme game with no actual gameplay.

Neverdev. It's worse than a nodev. It describes not only that one has never made a game but that they are against the very spirit of gamedev. The antigamedev. He who shall not be named. Speak no more of it. It is evil itself.

Where is your game, nigger? Do you even have a game? Oh, of course you don't, nigger....... You couldn't even glue a race track together in garry's mod. Tranny nigger. :o)

>issuing a serious reply to it
>implying it has a game

None quite as fun as that, unfortunately. Coding things like that would effectively be new weapons anyway, and I'd rather have more weapons than rings at this point. There is like 4 bonus weapons, one similar to the punch

This. Only the orbs of light I discovered at the spillway can give us hope in destroying this evil...

>I shitpost meta memes about minor namefags on Veeky Forums who triggered me in 2015
>I am literally obsessed with you danny
I know. It's disturbing.

I'm looking at my fuckhuge EnemyType class that I use for different types of attacking and moving, and I have no idea why I've done it this way. Honestly I probably should have just made each type of enemy it's own class, seeing as I don't exactly plan on changing any of these things on the fly.

I fucking hate armpits desu
that gif's really useful though

Run these EXEs, they are my game projects at the moment.

Mushroom Viking: A game about a viking who was kicked out of Valhalla for having a sword Bazooka and thus having an unfair advantage over his opponents. In retaliation he decides to join up with Corporate Valhalla and needs to eliminate negative holiday publicity to improve sales for the corporate gods! So he must slay holiday themed demons to ensure the holidays keep a positive public image! (The story is ridiculous, I know. also he is high on berzerker mushrooms.) Arrow keys move, Z shoots, X jumps, C uses alt Weapons. The tutorial explains things pretty well.
Link: mediafire.com/file/6uvuyb2zgfjmn23/
In this turn based roguelike the story is still being formed since I'm focusing on mechanics and functionality. Clicking the ground with the mouse spawns a random enemy. Press spacebar near the old man to speak to him. Walk into items to grab them. Press "I" to open the inventory. WASD moves your character and navigates the inventory. Pressing "P" opens up attack mode which lets you see your weapon's attack range, any enemy within range will be red, you can click on red enemies with the mouse to attack them. Still adding in full combat stats, at the moment the game works fully well for the player, but enemies have no elemental resistances or dodge chance, and all weapons swing at the same speed (Weapons will have a different swing speed when I'm done with combat)
Link: mediafire.com/file/51s7za1g313y97l/

The guy probably has some unaddressed emotional problems which leads him to vent here. Chances are irl he is an ok guy who is loved by his family. Even if he wants to be rude he is still a person with feelings and a life that matters, he probably does have a project if he is interested in posting here. Maybe he hit a wall during development and is venting his frustrations, we've all been there and know how frustrating hitting an imposing wall can be

Forever :^)

back to /hc/, race traitor

I look forward to playing your game dude, I love overhead Zelda games.

Seeing that gif really makes me understand what Ive done wrong.

>he is still a person with feelings and a life that matters,
Nope. He is a literal nigger with literally no game. Just look at pic related. He actually posted this here, as if it's progress. He's not a real person and he has no game. Tranny potato nigger.

Shut the fuck up, Reek. You're mine. I own you. Dance, porch nigger, dance! :v)

ty, it's good to hear that

>The guy probably has some unaddressed emotional problems
>Chances are irl he is an ok guy who is loved by his family.
> Even if he wants to be rude he is still a person with feelings and a life that matters, he probably does have a project if he is interested in posting here.
>Maybe he hit a wall during development and is venting his frustrations, we've all been there and know how frustrating hitting an imposing wall can be
I don't believe in humanizing neverdevs. The guy should honestly have fucked off and sought professional help years ago. He's a basket case who so badly needs to exercise his psychosis here on gamedevs that he dodges bans to do it. Not worth talking about beyond this post.

>that image

Not the clearest render I've seen, but it's more in 3D than I've ever modeled or rendered! Reminds me of King's Quest 1 and 2, that nice creepy gothic vibe, it'd be a spooky place to see in first person

>triangles
don't do that

I appreciate the shitposter's newfound creativity.

>Just look at pic related.
i shouldnt have

He has no creativity. You can get him to say whatever you want by just repeating things at him enough. It's fun.

Kinda proves my theory that shitposter is a sad an lonely 12 years old kid (mentally) that believes all Veeky Forums boards are /b/

>posts source and replies to it
>believes people who talk to him are his "nemesis"
>calls random anons nigger
That's pretty standard stuff

Explain.

This is the """"""creative""""""" post in question.

Also, shitposter: the episodes where you introduce a new location or character are best.

You need to use exclusively quads if you want your model to deform properly once you get to rigging and animation

Is there any way in unity to attach a script to a score tracking UI element and link it to a player and coin prefab to detect a collision between the two rigid bodies?

I know it's probably terribly inefficient but I'm still learning.

I assure you, I am NOT the faggot calling people nigger.

I was trying to be nice to him to get him to fuck off but I guess he is someone who is here all the time, so I guess it doesn't matter what I do/say.

It's shitty there isn't a good way to permaban him

Not that guy but from my experience triangles deform like shit. They are ok in places that don't move much or hard-surfaces though.

Started monday, gonna redo the sprite to be more like a space marine character that can use lances and spears aswell as guns and shit.

almost no dev experience, how is it so far?

What are some good places to find volunteer artists willing to work for free?

>here, i am an artist willing to work for free
>cool, wanna get started?
>sure, just tell me a bit about your project first. what engine do you use?
>[engine]
>sorry, not interested, but good luck!

Saved you the trouble of posting the rest.

EUGH. What the fuck is this?

To think, there's someone here who made this.... Someone here who has never even made a game.... Sad!

Looks nice so far. My advice to make it look a little nicer is reduce the collision mask of your player sprite to just the legs, and set it's depth to -y, along with the walls.

so in a code block in a step event for the walls and player put:

depth = -y;

This would allow it to look like your player sprite is standing slightly overlapping the walls, giving it a bit of a 2.5D effect.

It'd end up looking kinda like the green shirt guy in this screenshot (Not my game) Only his legs have a hit box, allowing his head to overlap collision objects like walls when he is below them.

>being nice to the resident retard

Well at least now you know. Always ignore and report, don't bother talking to him, he is doing this daily for over a year now. Sometimes the mods do their job and ban him and then suddenly 50+ posts disappear. Revealing that he talked to himself for hours under multiple (very samey) personalities.

polycount/reddit

Don't bother asking here you just get meme'd

>There will never be a Rune Factory 5
It's up to you, /agdg/

Don't ask for free work, it usually isn't very productive. Offer a trade of skills. If you are a good programmer but bad artist, offer to help an artist with some of their code problems in exchange for some sprites, if you do not have any tradeable skills then just get some more practice on your own first, honing a single skill is important

t. N*

Dev who said they wanted to make a rhythm game for comfy jam here. I've never made a game in Godot or a rhythm game and just this calibration screen took longer than expected. I think I can have something that looks like a game if I work on this tomorrow, though.

Progress (since no webms with sound):
a.uguu.se/CZSzSCxElrSK_memes.webm

There is some weirdness with the audio but that was just introduced when I was recording it.

Dude I feel you there. Fuck. My friend worked with Neverland Entertainment when they closed house. the day he told me they were closing up was so sad. they broke up into smaller groups to localize mobile games for iOS/Android.

Their fan tribute in RF4 brought manly tears.

He said the localization might be taken over by a different entity, but no news or info on it yet...

t. the one and only N*
p.s. kys

That's useful to know. Updated image.

It feels strange to have 5 vertices on a square face. Any way to remedy to strange effect it has or should I not even bother and let my OCD chill?

Are triangles accepted on areas that aren't expected to be the center of movement?