/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

No one unhooked general
>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1f)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Hooked thread:

gay game

rude.

>3 SWF groups in a row (same ones)
>3 swamp offerings
>3 4ks
Stop it, its fucking embarrassing

last bump, then I don't give a shit

Where is old thread what the fuck? Post dbd content nigger

Im sad i wasted my day playing mabinogi and for honor instead of dbd desu, mmorpgs are fat waste of time and for honor tilted me with their gay ass imbalanced characters, fuck buying that game.

Also new patch when for fucks sake

>Also new patch when for fucks sake
Monday
>Where is old thread what the fuck?
If fell off page 10

>trap in grass next to hook
>"watch out, he out a trap there ;)"
>le swf face
Trapping feet has guaranteed utility.

851 bold points, 400 of which was a totem.

Lazy Myers standing on the hatch after sacrificing 3 people. I start a gen far away from it, and when I see him going over to check it just sprint to the hatch, the location of which was known to me only because he was standing on it and i stumbled on him looking for a second gen to 99. Really somethin when you can remove a point category entirely and you still score more than the killer.

Good game.

The one trapper game I played in like the last week (that birb man dodged D: ) I put traps near the hooks instead of under them for two hooks. Both times the trap got someone just because I knew the general area they would come from to rescue. But then the third hook I put it directly under the hook. Someone ran into that one expecting it not to be there. I was dyin laughing. Good times.

>game updates on a fucking Monday

This should be a federal crime

They don't want to release a busted patch right before the weekend.

This is the second time he went up there while I working. I'm starting to basically write the coal tower generator off as a free gen to repair. It may take a bit, but it's free.

Pls no

THREADLY REMINDER

Halloween>Halloween 4>Halloween 2>Halloween 3>>POWERGAP>>Halloween 5>Halloween 2 (remake)>Halloween H20>>>Halloween (remake)>shit>Halloween Resurrection>my mum's corpse> sabo claudettes>Halloween 6

Threadly reminder to always bet on Ace baby!

Aww, you liked my comic enough to repost it.
I'll make sure to post the finished version here when I get around to it.

Jamie is cute. Cute!

are ranks being reset on monday? anyone know the specific time?

How long has the reddit mod mistar_z had "EMMALINA PREMIERS NEXT WEEK!" in their flair?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit
spotted the killercuck
survivorbulls wouldn't be caught dead near a place like that!

what are you even on about? reddit's userbase is 9:1 bitchy survivor main:new killer

Strange because for the longest time this general had myself and like one or two other survivor "mains"

Where were the idiots who use terms like "survivorbull" (that makes sense) all this time?

I don't understand how anyone can rank 2 as anything but right after 1. These two go hand in hand and imo theyre the only ones actually worth watching but theyre both excellent movies. 4 is definitely NOT better than 2.

I agree with the rest of the ranking tho except for rob zombie's remakes NOT being lowest, those movies were such fucking trash. I'd watch 6 over those any day.

Prime example of waiting before you start to work on something until you gain some more information. I fucking love corn.

>tfw the other day I turned a corner and just stood there with Iron Will thinking "is this what kaz would do?"
>Killer turned the corner and just kept on trucking by me
Thanks bud.

Same game. Never realized there were hooks that spawn against things you could actually squeeze behind until this game. 10/10 against Nurse.

You may notice the disconnect. They disconnected after they got caught shortly after the first webm. About 25% into my solo gen repair.

You'll NEVER guess their perks.

I pretty much always TRY to not sprint or anything until I've been hit. For that very reason. It works a lot more than people think.

Actually looking at it now, she might not have even seen me. She might have just been trying to go through the house to cut the sprinting Laurie off. Still, don't think she could have hit me there anyway and I pretty much would have had a free pass.

Even if she saw you she had already charged a blink that would go past you, there was nothing she could do to get you

why is swamp so shit
just played a game as nurse there and literally 60% of my blinks went zero feet even though there was nothing in front of me
3 survivors got away entirely because of it
im so fucking pissed

I dc everytime when I get swamp as nurse, no reason to waste time on it.

>Have to prestige 3 times and then get to 50+50 to get all the perks 1 one killer with all teachables unlocked

This is so retarded.

It's worse for survivors. I've sill got 6 levels to go for my Nea to be complete. I feel ya

>why is swamp so shit
Generally speaking, if one of the best maps design wise.
Sure there are pallets and some jungle gyms, but its the hardest map for survivors to loop and "infinite" on forcing survivors to hide more with its large size with the map having a large audio queue telling survivors and killers when someone is around the focal point.

That said, gen spawns should be a bit closer and by default, it should have more hooks than other maps.

The ability to patrol is almost non-existent and if you don't have whispers good luck pal.
Its gotten to the point where survivors think 90% think burning a swamp is a free win, and in a SWF, they're right.

If the map was a mere 20% less in size it'd be the best map they've ever made.

I just want to run a certain build on Wraith, but its going to take so long to get it that it feels pointless.
Sure I could not prestige, but why bother with that? No point in going 50+50 and get the itch later to do it all over again.

Finally get to try this move again. Pretty much never in a position to use it. 2 for 2 so far 100% success rate tied for best juke spot in the game.

Yeah, that was my reasoning for Nea, just bit the bullet and prestiged as soon as I hit 50 AND had 500K BP in the bank, also played a bit of killer because it's faster points than my stealth play. But now that I'm pretty much done since I have all the perks I actually want to use it's such a huge load of the shoulders knowing I'm basically done grinding Nea.

You know you dun good when you get these comments on your steam profile.

Can you post the one where you duped rusty and he teleported away basically right in your face? Made me laugh so hard

I made my profile friends only, got so sick of seeing one after every game when the DSing pallet looper got mad he died

FUCK YOU NURSE AND FUCK YOU CLAUDE
WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS FAGGOT TRYHARDS

Thanks.
I don't know how you didn't panic there or how he didn't see you, but hilarious.

This general is so fucking dead

It would be less dead if devs would keep up with deadlines.

Nah. I said these changes would kill the game, and look, its the weekend before the patch and its so dead it fell off last night.

This game just happened to me.

It's why I run machine gun.

>Machinegun + whispers
Everything aside, why does the killer meme trinity need to be destroyed while the survivor one is just slapped on the wrist?

Because they're more afraid to upset 90% of the playerbase rather than 10%. Simple as that, sucks to be the part of 10%.

Want the DLC but don't want to spend a £10

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on DLC Killers/maps

You don't need the DLC for maps.

The halloween one is worth it.

Ace and Hag aren't worth a damn

Halloween perks are getting gutted and the Hag is pure garbage.

Right now I am actually ranking up Skillbilly for a basement build to end the cancer - wish me luck.

1000 hours of stealth survivor helps lol.
I guess it's probably closer to 900 hours with my little bit of killer play, but still.

So we're not a HUGE general who gives a shit.

> how he didn't see you
He plays hag, he isn't good. That's how

When did whispers become something to be complained about btw? As far as I remember it was considered "bad"

It's not bad and the perk is the bane of my existence but it's not like most of the survivor base should care about it anyway since they don't actually try to hide. Hell Unrelenting was shit before STBFL came out. Now they're gonna make it even MORE shit than it was before.

Jokes aside he's the best Hag I've ever played against. Just because the killer is weak doesn't mean anyone who plays them is bad. If anything the fact that he plays Hag is making him better than most because it's harder to be successful with her with her "worst killer" status.

It's like saying someone who plays Palutena in Smash Bros. is bad purely based on them picking her, even if they stomp people with her. Dumb.

>Jokes aside he's the best Hag I've ever played against
What does he do that others don't?
Now I'm curious.

He actually tries to control the map instead of playing her as a teleporting trapper like every other Hag I've seen.

>her as a teleporting trapper like every other Hag I've seen.
Sure about that?

>thinking critically about how to play the match over all than rather than just proxy to tp.
if he really did make that it just proves kaz's point.

Trapping hooks is still part of her controlling the map. AlsoLol

Trapper can control specific points only, whether that be a window, pallet, hook, or maze tile or what have you. Hag can cover a wide area with a single trap. Not putting at least one trap near a hook is just actively choosing not to play your killer to it's strengths, and frankly, not smart.

He maintains traps in whatever section of the map he chooses to hard control. THAT'S the thing that makes him harder to deal with. You can be chasing someone and if someone sets off a trap in your cluster of 3 gens, stopping the repair (I'd think) is higher priority because the guy you're chasing isn't going to magically escape if they don't repair gens anyway. Obviously barring the Skeleton Key I've literally only seen used twice in my 1000+ hours, and once was by me in a bot game for the achievement.

anyone know when exactly ranks reset? rank 3 and a half as killer and wanna know how much time i have cuz today's busy for me

How do I stop fucking sucking as Michael Myers? I feel like I rely too much on stalking

Because 2 pretty much had no plot, all the characters in the hospital besides the ones from the first film were dumb as shit, like friday the 13th tier dumb.

It really showed that it was a tacked on sequel and that carpenter was drunk when he wrote half of it.

It had some great moments but it was kinda just a meh slasher for the most part

>you will never pick up and cuddle danielle harris

She says she has people ask her that all the time and she always says no

rip

*yawn*
saw it on reddit 3 weeks ago

ive played against dozens of hags since the dlc and literally 0 place traps like this

Haven't played the game or visited here since the the second of the month

Wasn't there to be an update by this point? At least I assumed there was

Monday

So the devs continued to not reach the deadlines that they "are always sure about"? Glad nothing's changed

They never set any deadline though. Monday is the first deadline they've set since having the engine update on the PTB

>8 or my last 10 games have been on the swamp
>becoming increasingly angry and bitter each time

>Hag daily: teleport and hit 15 survivors

why is this allowed, who the fuck keeps giving me hag dailies

>Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

You should keep it open, and then delete them all and me a whole pic full of all those comments

You act like that's hard

I just love how no one has been able to exploit this Spongebob scene properly.

You're right I could just start a farming game

What exactly does Tinkerer apply to in terms of Myers? Does it apply to his stalking as well?

Same thing it applies to all other killers.

Any addon that direct effects your power (it will say if its effected on the addon) is 10% more powerful.

If an addon increases the rate at which you gain evil, its that much +10% of whatever that additional value is.

Not rocket science.

>get owned by survivors
>as trapper
>1 gen left and Ive barely seen them
>managed to snag one and camp him seeing as that's my only hope at a pip and i have insidious
>he still manages to get away but gets trapped right near the gate
>the twat rages in the lobby so hard

I only camp when it's necessary, fuck letting them win

>>you will never pick up and cuddle danielle harris
>She says she has people ask her that all the time and she always says no

> "Harris was stalked in 1995 by an obsessed fan, Christopher Small, who wrote letters threatening to kill her. Small was later arrested after bringing a shotgun and a teddy bear to her home. On January 29, 2007, Harris appeared on an episode of The Dr. Phil Show, sharing her experience with other equally affected people.[92] The stalker was obsessed with her character of Molly Tilden from the television series Roseanne. In October 2009, Harris was granted a restraining order against Small, who began sending her messages on Twitter."

I don't blame her.

>sunday
>less than 7k playing

>Survivors quitting because because pallets being removed
>Killer quitting because machinegun getting removed
>both sides quitting instead of learning to git gud
You done and gone done it, devs.
You killed your own game.
Killer refuse to let you keep fucking them in the ass and the first meaningful nerf to the survivor meta is making them wash their hands of it.

10/10 would never by a game from again

patch is meant to be tomorrow so thats most likely why, this better be bait

this game has got to have the most vocal bitching from the player base I've ever seen.

>Survivors quitting because because pallets being removed

They are only reducing the numbers on Autohaven and the Swamp.

This, they've said that less pallets spawning on other map was a "bug". They would never nerf survivors in SUCH HARSH WAY would they?

Yes, but most survival babs don't hear that, they'll just hear "pallets" and drop it

>You can be chasing someone and if someone sets off a trap in your cluster of 3 gens, stopping the repair (I'd think) is higher priority because the guy you're chasing isn't going to magically escape if they don't repair gens anyway

Pretty much yeah. I don't know where people got this idea what hag was meant to be played like trapper.

There's a reason why 2 of her 3 perks hinder gen repair.

>Obviously barring the Skeleton Key I've literally only seen used twice
God that was so lucky.

Can't wait for the DS nerf, so many terrible survivors that force me to chase them for 3 minutes because I was 3 meters from a hook instead of 1 meter

whats the deal with these survivors just standing next to the hook when I hook people, then i attack them and they call me a camper?

>Survivors who don't flashlight wraiths when their coming out of cloak but do as soon as they drop a pallet

I honestly can't imagine whats wrong with survivor players, I've played most of my time as survivor but have 2 hundred+ hours as killer now and honestly the shit I get for staying near a hook

BOTH THE GATES ARE OPEN
THE HOOK IS RIGHT NEXT TO AN OPEN GATE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT FUCKING LEAVE YOU BASTARD

Devs need much, MUCH more incentive to leave people to die then maybe this "save everyone" mentality will die

P.S Why did the devs add post-game chat, literally no one wanted this and its as awful as everyone thought it would be, I've enjoyed collecting salt for all my killer time but ENOUGH is ENOUGH holy shit

They think you're a bot and are trying to pull aggro.

Survivors actually believe you're there to give them points, and that you won't kill any of them and allow free rescues.

>taken 30 minutes to find a SWF game with 3 people
This is so asinine.
This game is so fucking dead.
There was nearly 30k people a month ago playing and now there's 7k

What the fuck happened?