>tainted with boomer jokes and logic
>still like it
>decide to go on a walkabout
>stop watching utube for about a year
>come back to civilization
>decide to check roadkill one day
>one dude is doing nothing but dyno-ing engines
>other dude is working on a shitty truck
>some random dude is doing a MCM tier video of him working on a beetle in his garage/driveway and driving it through arizona or some shit
>u can see this video 1 month early if you pay us kekekekek
>wtfmang

The wheelieng truck episode was great but the rest seemed mediocre to bad. I think after general mayhem they have fallen off a bit. But the views have increased, so maybe the jews behind motor trend will loosen up their grip so we get better episodes.

When roadkill garage was better and Steve dulcich is the only one worth watching

Let's pretend we are a low budget u tube show. You know just like you. But really we are sponsored and a part of Hot Rod magazine as part of a capture the youth internet marketing scheme. How do we get these damn kids to buy magazines these days.

It was never good, just a bigger budget and more publicity made their true personalities come out.
Anyone that's into american cars that much is an underdeveloped manchild

>guys who grew up in the era of cheap muscle cars are into muscle cars
Fucking shocking

This 100%

This 100%

Progression of most youtube auto shows:

>Start off garbage and hated by everyone because "they're not a big channel, they must suck"
>This, no matter how "good" the videos are
>Eventually make that one "big" video that gets them widespread attention
>Suddenly popular
>Slowly let quality slip
>More and more people watch anyway because once your videos start appearing on people's front page, they get watched regardless.
>Sponsors and money happen
>Now you're shilling shitty products and people aren't fooled
>Even though your videos now suck, they have even more widespread "appeal" and are showing up on facebook and Jalopnik
>Crappy videos are now getting hundreds of thousands of views not because they're good, but because they're on the front page of half the internet
>"successful"

Because garbage channels keep getting views and making money, they won't ever stop.

>>Sponsors and money happen
You realize both Freiburger and Finnegan were Motortrend employees since before roadkill right?

The quality didn't really tank until recently.
Yeah that buick episode was shit but it wasn't the norm.

The only difference between the "average joe" channels and the "big" channels like Roadkill is the fact that Roadkill gets to skip the "less than 10k subscriber hell" that keeps most content creators out of the game. Once a channel overcomes that first hurdle, the sky's the limit.

Hell, just getting that first 100 or so is nearly impossible for most people.

>Hell, just getting that first 100 or so is nearly impossible for most people.
Nigga i have 5 whole subscribers whatup

So where are the new episodes anyway? There hasn't been anything in six weeks, shouldn't they have come out with something two weeks ago? All I see are teasers and "extra free episodes" where someone talks about boring shit for five minutes. Is it all monetized now?

Too popular for it's own good, can't blame motortrend though, they found out they can make way more money making halfass vids then through print.

roadkill is pretty fun to watch

goto Motor Trend on Demand™ and sign up for a FREE 30 day trial to watch it now

Meh, it even happened with RCR and MCM though

>Be RCR
>Nobody watches your shit
>shill it on reddit
>"fuck off faggot"
>Making short, concise videos that don't waste time but are still sort of funny
>Suddenly Jalopshit front pages the Miata meme
>Those same videos you couldn't get a single person to watch in the beginning are suddenly all the rage
>Get lazy
>wreck shitbox
>Internet funds your new shitbox
>Get lazy as fuck
>stop editing the videos so now instead of 6 minutes, you waste 15 minutes of people's time with each new release, assuming they care to watch it all

MCM
>Be MCM
>start by cobbling together shit and using joke/cheap parts
>Somehow get popular
>stop having to do any actual work, just call up Turbo Yoda and Mechanical Stig
>Get free parts from everywhere
>Stop making good videos
>People still watch

>MCM
>do actual engine swaps in their driveway
>now need to grab a team and a shop to fit a 2JZ in a 2JZ enginebay

The doge died.

Part of it is Finnegan lives in flyover country now so they have to actually plan stuff instead of just meeting up after work and saying "hey I bought this shit-heap on Craigslist, let's see if we can drive it to X."

This too, the jump from singing the praises of Harbor Freight and zip-ties to Sponsored and Supplied by Optima™, Jeg's™, Dodge™, WAT Automotive Technology™ and Bad Dragon™ is pretty noticeable.

Did you completely miss any twists or goals they set for them?
Should that just only make new videos of swapping the same engine into similar engine bays? That would be popular.

This 1%

when they started sucking fiat-chrysler's dick.

Less than half of the episodes have to do with chrysler products and only a few of those cars were made in the last 30 years

>Thanks to Dodge for providing us with the car for this episode
This is somehow shilling. You whiny faggots are worse than the "hurr durr hickok45 is a federal/buds shill" people God forbid they take two seconds to mention a company that sponsors them

When they got tired of torturing themselves. That's really it.

So you admit Dodge can't compete?

que?

>MTOD happened
>Dodge sponsorship
>no more ambition to do shit like engine swaps in parking lots or buy shitty cars and destroy them for the shits n giggles
>no more daring stuff like the Gremmie flat towing the Prius or launching Broncos into orbit

They're more recent stuff had been weaker more often, but they still put out good stuff. The Japanese car shootout, Dirt Track Challenger and Mazdarati are more recent ones that are pretty great stuff. I enjoyed the MCM collab too, just because of how insane that Impala was.

MTOD is actually pretty good if you enjoy watching racing, they get licensing for a hell of a lot of stuff. If you only watch Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, Hot Rod Garage, etc. then it's not worth. Personally I fell I get my 5 bucks out of it.
They're in between "seasons" right now. There's a month without a roadkill every year due to their upload schedule.