I don't know the first thing about cars or engines or anything, how do I learn?

I don't know the first thing about cars or engines or anything, how do I learn?
It all seems so overwhelming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=saPGX-1qC4M
youtube.com/channel/UCSCszyprku8duGsU3F58udw
youtube.com/channel/UCtfVcXWhbSnF-fWHJ6ugw5A
youtube.com/channel/UCycARi6zsqrcC0M90gdve5A
youtube.com/channel/UCqZQJ4600a9wIfMPbYc60OQ
youtube.com/channel/UCh3tzzP6n5b1EWcMUpiEhXg
youtube.com/channel/UClqhvGmHcvWL9w3R48t9QXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get a car

Be my girlfriend (male) and I'll teach you everything you need to know about road head.

Fuck off queer, i already own her (him)

I asked her out first

First you have to drop anime.

The foundation of this website is anime, deal with it.

Shut up weeb

So? Its still shit.

Look at the angry redditor newfags. I love how anime makes normalfags sperg out.

please lads I just want to know how to become knowledgeable about cars

buy a cheap car
look up how to fix things on it
hoon it till it dies constantly
repeat

But it is objectively shit, whether you like It or not.

Only generic shounen like attack on REDDIT are shit. Cute girls doing cute things is patrician as fuck.

go to

>purchase cheap vehicle
>purchase another cheap vehicle
>learn to work on one
>have the other to go to work the next day
That's what I do. Replacing the halfshaft on passenger side and belt tensioner today, did alternator last weekend.

post boipucci

Start on wikipedia and go from there. It's what I'm doing, and I already know 200 times more than I knew a month ago (which was that cars run on gas and you need to put oil in them somewhere).

If you dont have a car or place to wrench:

Car Mechanic Simulator 2015

tojo OUT

>angry redditor newfags
you're right, but reddit cancer has been the majority of this place for quite a while now; arguing with them does nothing, but I do get amusement from their reactions whenever they're called out

see me on the touge skin u fuckn nerd

Depends what u want to learn. If u want to learn how all the expensive new supercars work, all u need is youtube and google. Tv shows like old top gear is good if u just want to know what cars exist and which ones are good. If u want to learn how to work on a car u NEED to get a car. No amount of youtube will teach you how. Experience is everything. You should get a pre 70's car if u dont want to rip your hairs out in frustration.

>I love how anime makes normalfags sperg out
Attention-seeking immature pseudoweebs like you give the rest a bad name. Fuck right off back to your containment boards and don't be a cunt about not everyone getting off to cgi preteens, becase you're acting more like a furfag than a weeb when you say UMAD BRO shit like this.

Lolwat. If someone posts an anime pic and some boring normalfag goes "REEEE I HATE ANIME I HATE IT I HATE" instead of just ignoring it and going about their business, and they get Made fun of for sperging out then that's on them. You don't have to like anime to realize that this is a website where it's an important thing.
>b-but it's not anymore
Yeah nah. Some redditor tourists who came post moot don't get to tell us how things are done. Anime haters are straight up autistic.

>Toooo bad! I'm a boy.

>implying this doesn't make it hotter

The big ol' book. Shit they gave me in high school, pretty handy to understand the basics but yer gonna need to work on shit hands on to understand the things in the book fully. Take apart a lawnmower engine and re assemble it.
Try to find an updated used recent edition of this book
Kek, they boys at the Auto Tech class at the Tech Institute watch Initial D, couple of them are full on weebs though

Also bring a portable basic tool kit to the junkyard and take the shit apart there and re assemble it, all you do is pay entrance fee. YouTube is there if you like to learn shit visually, eric the car guy videos are kinda helpful.

Taking pictures of what you're disassembling step by step is helpful, look at the pics in reverse order when you're putting things back together. If you want to work on your own car get a Haynes manual that's made specifically for your car.

Is there an online version of that book I can download? Doesn't have to be the most recent version.

Start with videos like this
youtube.com/watch?v=saPGX-1qC4M

Then start reading automotive books. The best way to learn about a car tho is to buy and take apart a car.

I'm getting deja vu from this guy drawing arrows on everything... This has happened before on another board, I'm sure of it.

Initial D.

every day we get one of these threads

can we PLEASE update the sticky to include beginners car material

This. We can be like Veeky Forums.

Wasnt lpg updating the sticky or something in a thread last week? It was the new cheap cars pic update, so if they are going to update that then why not add stuff to the sticky too.

Thread died before we got any confirmation of his intentions.

I'll give the same advice to you as I do to the people who ask on /g/.

0. Lurk the board.
1. When you see words, phrases, lingo that you don't know, research it.
2. Go to 0.

>Veeky Forums lingo
Please no

>mfw someone ends up googling "toegay"

been looking for a reason to post this
youtube.com/channel/UCSCszyprku8duGsU3F58udw

Hey thanks for that link man, that's really useful!

youtube.com/channel/UCtfVcXWhbSnF-fWHJ6ugw5A
youtube.com/channel/UCycARi6zsqrcC0M90gdve5A
youtube.com/channel/UCqZQJ4600a9wIfMPbYc60OQ
youtube.com/channel/UCh3tzzP6n5b1EWcMUpiEhXg
youtube.com/channel/UClqhvGmHcvWL9w3R48t9QXQ
also play automation and carmechanic simulator

The question was 'how to learn about cars', so dropping anime is a very good answer.
>Implying
Just because someone has a differing opinion, doesn't mean they're a ----fag, people have been shitting all over anime here for the last 15 years because weeaboos like you are so easy to bait.

Start by reading something you're interested in. If you like turbos, read up on how they work, which will lead you to other bits about the car.

You can look up on Google, some dudes like to upload digital versions they bought to Google docs but some assholes like to upload 75% of the book sometimes.

There is an auto books thread in /t/ last month. Don't know if it is still there.