/owg/ - Overwatch General

Chinese New Year event lasts until February 13.

>When does Season 3 end?
Probably late February / early March.

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-1

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord:
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ILOk5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw you will never hug Widowmaker.

>he doesn't waifu Pharah

reminder widow was cheating on gerard and sleeping around

>I always have to be the zarya combining everyone else's shitty ults
>I always have to play lucio
>I always have to play rein and not be a dumbass
>close to masters and everyone just picks random shit no team synergy

Go to sleep, Reaper.

What would synergy look like to you?

leave widowshart

Sleep tight
Reap tight

Gooks get nukes, Blizzard needs to get off their ass and separate them from NA servers 100%.

Just don't play late at night or early in the morning

>Pull off an immaculate defense on Eichenwalde and hold 2v5 with a reinhardt as soldier and manage to fend them back as our team comes back
>Win the round
>My team just sits at choke for 4 minutes solid and never once tries to advance on the point. Not fucking once.
>Just walk into Symmetra balls all day so the enemy symm ahs teleporter up 24/7 no matter how many times i destroy it

that's....really solid gameplay right there. yep. i should've just...gotten good and....somehow pushed 1v6

yeah.

>tfw people on the forums keep begging for Pharah nerfs

100% skill based hero and people want it nerfed.

Meanwhile Roadhog, who literally just presses lshift in your general direction and gets free one shot kills on 80% of the cast is considered 'balanced' and people whine when he gets nerfed.

Really makes you think.

Wait, no, it doesn't. This is the blizzard fan base and I wish there was some other game out there worth playing cause this shits fucking garbage and always will be.

>saying that when a half-breed gook from na is actively streaming himself playing on eu servers.

Who

People don't understand RH. He is a medium range sniper.

>that's....really solid gameplay right there. yep. i should've just...gotten good and....somehow pushed 1v6
sadly thats what ultimate autists will tell you. You should have used imaginary teleporter to get around everything and then headshotted everything with widow, gg ez right

How do I play Pharah better?
I have like 20 hours with her but I feel like I'm not securing enough kills as I should despite doing lots of damage.

LADIES AND GENNLEMEN STYLOSA ERE

> is considered 'balanced' and people whine when he gets nerfed.
autists already think brokenhog is completely unplayable with instakill every 6 seconds and requires no aim.

I have a video clip where Im playing Ana and I see hook miss me but still get hooked. I can literally see the hook going on top of my left shoulder and I still get hooked. Retards will defend that no matter what

Aimbotcalvin, who's always the highest watched player on twitch whenever memememe or fatman aren't streaming.

I don't enjoy getting players that come and play DPS, suck arse because they have 130ping minimum at all times and then cause us the loss.

I'm sure you aren't a cunt, but the issue you described is relatively universal in terms of Overwatch servers and player distribution.

>december 2016
>stuck in elo hell
>every time i'm lucky enough to get to around 2300 range, i go on a big losing streak
>drop below 1900 at one point
>turn v-sync off
>2000 to 2900 passes like the wind
>feels like i've won about 18 of my last 20 matches
Does v-sync really make this big of a difference?

C-could it be that I'm d-decent?

Ana has her own hooks though. The sleep dart log and grenade of death.

VSync locks you at 60FPS. Odds are it was just you being thrown off by your FPS being so low.

I'm literally forced to switch to Mercy because our ana is too fucking thick to pocket the person carrying the team. wrong people get heals ALL the fucking time.

V-sync causes delay and caps fps so you were literally playing in the past.

>get sleep darted
>entire team has enough time jerk off, buy a coffee,emote, tbag me and drop a spray
>after what feels like forever a hanzo gets ready to headshot me
>instakilled
>jizzard thinks this is fine

3000 golds left, Wujing or one of the Mei skins?

Wujing. Best Mei skin is still either Yeti Hunter or Firefighter anyway.

Mei imo
Reinhardt is boring and not cute

Meirry is the best mei skin
Especially out of season

>Ana shoots dart in your general direction glances you and still counts. Gg
>out in the open. Looks safe. Nope sleep darted. Can't even see her. GG
>Catch an Ana by surprise from behind. She 360 no scopes SLEEP DART mid air. GG

Fareeha having a workout
imgur.com/a/ILOk5

What's with the string of Zenyattas who refuse to fucking heal?

Pain is an excellent teacher

Wujing hammer looks amazing golden and the skin itself is very nice.
But the anal beads constantly clipping into everyfuckingthing triggers me so god damn hard.
All of Rein's new legendary skins have major clipping issues. Balderich's pauldrons go straight into his back a lot of the time and it just fucking jesus christ some asshole got paid for that model.

"Your skill rating has been lowered for not playing a competitive match in the last 7 days"

Baije best skin.

Very nice

I love Hana.

Why the fuck did I just lost -65 SR despite carrying a game? I'm not on a loss streak. WHAT THE FUCK.

i feel like you could easily split ana into two different heroes with how many abilities she has

Reinhardt - Zarya - Roadhog - Soldier - Lucio - Ana

Is this the most well-rounded, multi-purpose team in the game?

I swear I lost sr for a draw.

Guise is roadhog useless after the hook time nerf

Is bastion still shit

I want to coerce them into sex, its not the act that turns me on, but rather the resulting betrayal, humiliation and destruction of their existing relationship. The fact that Tracer is a dyke makes it even better. They will neither of them ever recover from this

step 1: start working out

leftclickman is underpowered

yes there's a reason why every pro team was using that shit. and sometimes not even soldier. but a Dva. Because why pick soldier when you could've had a 400 armor behemoth shitting out a point-clearing 1000 damage ultimate every 60 seconds

I dunno where the idea that Pharah is super Veeky Forums started, but I like it.

$500 says i will get rated into silver

Yes, with Roadhog or Soldier flex
I'd rather have Soldier though

If she gets too swoll she wont fit in her bird suit.

Doing gods work.

>defense
>my team runs away from the objective
>attack
>my team actively trickles 1 by 1 onto the cart and dies

how come these retards have no fucking clue how to play the game? how do they not learn actually

learn how to predict and lead shots

go for direct hits over splash damage

don't 1v1 soldier or mccree or widow at long range

get used to memorizing how people react to being shot at, also start memorizing the distance conc missiles push people so you can land followup rockets accurately.

Didn't carry hard enough.

Just check the rank of people the game is matching you with. You will be placed around that.

>enemy team dive comps
>my team gets crushed fucking instantly and i'm the last person alive because no one knows how to play against dive comps

and this is why im not climbing

also, don't try to duel other pharas, just let them try to kill you while you unconsciously dodge all their rockets. unless they're really shit or right up in your face, it simply isn't worth the effort to try and midair them.

>Mercy deploys her wings when she cums
How the fuck do those things work

This man just flashbanged you and slapped your mercy's ass, what do you do? keep in mind he is 6'1' tall and has 200 health.

why don't you fuck off back the discord where everyone knows you don't actually play the game.

wait, there is mmr in the 10 placement matches?
i'm getting paired with platinum\diamonds

I ask him to slap mine

Probably from being in the military and everything. Fit brown girls are the best so I have no complaints. I guess her arms looked pretty good in reflections as well

hey can you tell me five facts about McCree

Unaware most likely
Too busy dpsing. I hate having to try on zen for healing. Harmony orb barely heals even if they do pay attention.

His healing is just really shitty outside of his ult

"Hargh!"

Except D.Va can't reliably take out Pharah.

zen is good for healing flankers or people who are generally separated from the team

>I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS

t. Plebshitter.

Zenyatta's harmony orb can boost Zarya's survivability from god-like to elder god-like.

because it makes perfect sense

this.

GIVE ME AN ANSWER YOU FAT FUCK
I THOUGHT PLACEMENT MATCHES DIDNT HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING HIDDEN MMR

yeah, and the enemy team obviously never has this problem?

literally just get good.

This
I like to go Zen if we have a Genji or Tracer, or hell even Pharah if we don't have Mercy (I ain't being no one's bitch)
It makes them very hard to kill if you stick your orb on them

Zen was pretty unplayable when D.va was in every game, had to stick with Ana since healing both Rein and D.va was too much for Zen
Good riddance to D.va though, Rein on his own can handle the Zen heals since Zarya and Hog don't need much attention

>it's a we have a lucio so that's an excuse to not have a second healer episode

What the FUCK did I just read

Guys I'm losing fucking 60-80 SR per game WHAT HTE FUCK IS GOING ON I JUST STOPPED PLAYING FOR TWO DAYS.

This season they do. From my own experience and from what i heard, your rank is pretty much decided at the start of first match. If you are with plats and diamonds, you will most likey end up around 3k.

Obviously there is a hidden MMR, you're not gonna get placed in GM for beating a bunch of Silvers
It places you in games with people close to your skill level in QP, and placement matches are just ten matches to make sure you're in the right spot on a competitive playfield

Wouldn't Ana do this better and faster?

It can be acceptable provided you're on defence, and have 2-3 self-sufficient healers, at least pre-diamond.

If they have superb aim, technically yeah
It's a lot harder to hit a zipping Tracer or jumping Genji 50 yards away compared to just popping an orb on them, while you DPS at the same time

what rank? pretty sure everyone at diamond says that about ana.

Ana technically does every healers job better, but since her healing is so high it's better for her to be with the tanks rather than with flankers.

that assumes ana has eyes-on, plus it means she has to put time and effort into accurately hitting friendlies at a distance. with a zen orb you just set it and forget it while your tracer or phara fucks off to do whatever

this
it was a logical assumption at first and then the comics pretty much confirmed it

If Ana's Biotic Grenade reduced enemy healing by 50% instead of preventing them from healing at all, would that improve the meta?

5 MCCREE FACTS

mccree fact 1) mccree's ult is the most worthless ult in the game
mccree fact 2) mccree has the least mobility of any hero in the offense catagory
mccree fact 3) fan the hammer used to be a useful ability
mccree fact 4) mccree's pistol stops being useful at 21 meters
mccree fact 5) mcrcree has the best primary fire in the game

My first match i had 66 kills with reinhardt alone.
Are you implying i'm going to get rated Master because of this?
That's kinda bullshit, since i get paired with Masters and Grand Masters quite a lot in quickplay.
I dont believe any of this shit, i was rated gold in s2 after being rated diamond in s1, i want my golden gun and then i will never play comp ever again.
So fuck me, i want to get at least at plat.

>mccrees pistol is only useful while he is within roadhog hook range
>he is now the only hero to be guaranteed to be one shot by the new hook

WHY DO THEY HATE HIM

Would balance be better if doing damage to blocking abilities (shields/walls) charged ults of both attacker and blocker?

Why is he still used so often in the high ranking meta? Watching the streams, there's almost always a McRee, even more than Soldier.

>since i get paired with Masters and Grand Masters quite a lot in quickplay
You should be around Diamond/Masters then no?
QP is a lot less accurate than comp though, to reduce queue times
I'm GM and I've never been matched with Golds, and I've only ever seen Plats in brawls with 5 minute queue times (the result of clearly desperate matchmaking)