Why can't they make cars that are completely damage proof in flooding scenarios [If all doors and trunk/front are...

Why can't they make cars that are completely damage proof in flooding scenarios [If all doors and trunk/front are sealed at time of flooding]?

Where even if they are submerged past the windshields, later on everything is fine.

I think they should do that before all this self driving stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1qB0lb401ZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cars have wheels

Because it's so likely that this happens to a car

Do you like oxygen?

This happens all the time you retard. Unless you live in Arizona

This. Also water pressure would over come door seals and such.

Not particularly, no

>This happens all the time
Of all the cars on the road how many have been under 2 feet or more of water? 1 in a million? 5 million? It's extremely uncommon and a complete non issue to manufacturers.

i think you need to go back to /b/ and leave car design to the people who actually know what the fuck they are doing

lotus > lamborghini

Good. Put a plastic bag over your head and wrap duct tape around it around the throat.

no it doesn't

it only happens in flood prone shitholes where you reside

>letting your car get submerged in filthy water regardless of any hypothetical water sealing
This is why you'll always be a pleb OP.

This! If it rains amazingly hard there might be an inch or two of water on the sides of my street but its gone quickly. Pond across the street from my house is probably 15 ft below the street and my garage/house is another 5 above the street.

Do old bugs really float? I know they were war times cars and designed to be shipped anywhere, but even the original jeep needed a special cover to be able to float and not every jeep was shipped to war with one.

Are you proposing that throttle bodies should be watertight when they are not open?

Becuase proper planning will keep a car from getting flooded?

See

I live in SC, and unless you live next a river in a thousand flood, it never happens.

cuz then it would cost millions of dollars to make

>car stalls out in foot and a half of water and won't restart
>let it dry for a few days and it fires up on the first try
Based panther platform

Differential, transmission and engine are not 100% sealed-- breather vents, etc...

Body and "frame" have drainage paths in them. Floor pan and trunk literally have holes in them stuff with just a rubber grommet. Seats bolt to car directly through the floor pan. The list goes on...

They do.

youtu.be/1qB0lb401ZU

They do.

can you just imagine some asshole coming over and puncturing the balloon

cars need air

Perhaps you should get a boat then

it was hard but I did

>LAMEborMEMEi
Nothing of value was lost

Global rule no. 2

I didn't get it at first.

But now that I do I'm giggling like a retard.

>Why can't they make cars that are completely damage proof in flooding scenarios
They do.

That makes no sense, liking that car brand is the universal gesture of being underage.

"LAMEborMEMEi" could only be the work of an underage

Because when someone suffocates from not putting their completely sealed car off flood mode the manufacturer is liable

Or someone enlightened to that fact that they are lame meme's

...but it does flood in Arizona

Someone defending Lamborshitty this hard would only be either 12 years old or their marketing department.

You clearly haven't perceived the situation correctly and by that I can tell that your brain has not yet fully been developed.

Did mommy help you with the big words?

>what are boats

> completely airtight cabin
> fart
> die

>Why can't they make cars that are completely damage proof in flooding scenarios [If all doors and trunk/front are sealed at time of flooding]?

Because passengers would suffocate in a hermetically sealed environment assuming that all electrical connectors on the firewall were leakproof (expensive).

If nothing can get in or out of the car, that means windows cannot roll down. All windows are fixed and non-operable. All air fan circulation is interior only. No fresh air can come in with the fan or A/C because no air can exit the cabin.

It doesn't have to be completely airtight, the bottom just has to be sealed. Looka t the old beetle.

Boats aren't hermetically sealed like space ships.

But user, if the car is water proof how does the engine get air in.

Dumbass.

brb additional weight in case something that never happens to 99.9% of cars happens

brb added cost to all cars to protect the ultra minority

Boats have bilge pumps because water that inevitably gets in can't drain out the bottom. Go to your car and open your door, look at the bottom of it. There will be a hole there. Same if you have a liftgate. Water gets into doors because window seals can't be completely tight, it needs a way to get back out. If you sealed everything off a lot of cars would have an inch of water at the bottom of the doors and in the trunk after a big rainstorm.

Sealing the bottom of cars would actually be super useful to consumers-think of all the engines wrecked by poor drivers running over too high curbs, posts in snow, etc. and ripping out their engine.

>Why can't they make cars that are completely damage proof in flooding scenarios

Only an idiot would buy such a car. It would be ugly as various features dictated design features such as all engine air intakes are by snorkel. The air cooling the radiator would be from a snorkel extending up like a smokestack. The hot air exiting the engine cooling would also be via a tall snorkel up to the roofline.

Other air intakes and exhausts would be by snorkel as well.

That car would be the ugliest thing on the road with a minimum of five snorkels. The biggest snorkel is actually pressure sealed and is on the ROOF of the car. Because you required the passenger cabin be pressure sealed, the airbag explosions going off would harm the passengers with the pressure spike and smoke that cannot leave. REMEMBER, airbag detonation sends a signal to the computer to shut the engine off.

Dang it, OP really wants a crappy car. None of us wants to buy it. And it will cost a LOT more too as it requires a lot of additional gear to support OP's special interest requirements.

yeah bro lets provide super cars with less cooling so that they can catch fire faster.

>super cars
Did I say super? Again, look at the Beetle above. If they could do that shit back in the 40s they could do it now. They've just gone with cheaper shit because cars are semi-disposable now.

OPs picture is of a supercar, stay more out of touch with reality fucktard.

>If they could do that shit back in the 40s they could do it now.
How much electronics do you think that the Beetle had?

you... you... do know that water dissipates more heat energy than air... right?

Your snorkel idea... is bad...

babby's first science lesson

to bad it doesn't apply to anything anyone has said unless your idea is to drive in bodies of water, removing the need for tired and effectively turning your "car" in this situation into a submarine, meaning you aren't even talking about cars anymore.

Dumbass.

I think you are the one that needs the science lesson.

Water removes more heat energy than air will.

If it didn't, motors would all be aircooled and not watercooled, yes?

It is basic thermodynamics...

what the actual fuck does this have to do with anything? we are talking about water proofing a car that means no water will be present around the engine, and if it was who gives a fuck about it's properties because A) it will rust your engine to pieces and B) driving in the water to cool your engine is stupid, what are you trying to give it extra cooling for? maximum performance? because cars perform much better in 3 feet of water.

you are literally retarded, car's don't need better cooling, and if they did it is retarded to achieve that in the form of driving in literal meters of water.

some engines are air cooled you stupid faggot

To reiterate:
to bad it doesn't apply to anything anyone has said
which you quoted me here
Quoting
The air cooling the radiator would be from a snorkel extending up like a smokestack. The hot air exiting the engine cooling would also be via a tall snorkel up to the roofline.

Now I can be quite understanding on the fact that a tripfag as yourself is a relentless piece of shit that prides their selves on knowing absolutely nothing and boasting at anything that would tickle their fancy.

The fact in the matter is, I pointed out that you would not need a snorkel for inducing and removing the air for cooling a radiator being how IF you were underwater, the water itself would cool the radiator more than if it was simply aircooled, as normal. This is why you see military vehicles or amphibious vehicles with no "extra radiator snorkels" (for lack of terms based upon the knowledge you have expressed this far).

So let me ask you the same thing:
what the actual fuck does this have to do with anything?

what the actual fuck do you have to do with anything?

>ted kennedy as potus

God no

And some engines are watercooled. Your point?

my point is you're a faggot

lmao so one less snorkel at the cost of your engine rusting, meaning his point about needing a snorkel for the exhaust and intake is still valid.

driving in water is stupid as fuck.

stop posting.

kill yourself.

>one less snorkel

Again I must point out the fact that I was responding to

whom which clearly stated:

>The air cooling the radiator would be from a snorkel extending up like a smokestack. The hot air exiting the engine cooling would also be via a tall snorkel up to the roofline.

Which is stating that you would need TWO (2) snorkels, one for the intake and one for the exhaust of the radiator itself.

So again I must point out your stupidity:
>lmao so one less snorkel

No, clearly the other poster stated 2. Simple arithmetic. If 1 is too big of a number for you then

>stop posting.

>kill yourself.

stop posting.

kill yourself.

You two going for the stupidest argument on the internet award?

You are a faggot as well, by that logic.

This image is for you.

Yes. I cannot believe how someone could be so ignorantly wrong.

Well you're dumb because he was talking about a waterproof solution that would keep water out of internals in which case there would be no water cooling the radiator and you would def need moving air, which you would need a snorkel for.

this

>The air cooling the radiator would be from a snorkel extending up like a smokestack.