Have you ever pumped the wrong fuel into your car?

Have you ever pumped the wrong fuel into your car?

never

Is using higher octane fuel beneficial or not? My Honda wants regular 87 octane but I can buy 89 octane or premium (91 octane). The question is: should I bother? Is there any benefit to buying the more expensive fuel?

what the fuck is this

this new bot is quite strange

octane rating is burning resistance. burning resistance is a fuels ability to be compressed with pre-ignition, unless you are running an 11:1 compression ratio or are running boost of any sort your Honda will run fine and infact better on 87 octane fuel.

Have we traveled back to 2014?

If the engine has knock sensors on it you should run 93 to get the most out of it.

>2014
Wew lad you're wrong.

In layman's terms terms, don't do it unless your car manufacturer recommends/requires it.

>be 17
>take dad's Grand Prix GTP for a ride
>fill up regular gas
>next day tells me the car is running like shit
>asks if I tampered with it

no, but when I was in highschool a girl somehow filled up her (new at the time) 2013 Honda Accord with diesel because it was cheaper

>junior year
>in graphic design class
>girl im friends with is in the class
>she knows im into cars
>"oh I gotta tell you what happened to me after school yesterday, I think youll get a kick out of it"
>ask her what happened
>tells me she got a diesel Jetta about a month ago
>went to get gas yesterday
>bout halfway done pumping fuel when she realizes she's been pump regular ass gas and not diesel
>laugh my ass off
>tells me she had it towed to the dealership and has no idea how long it'll take to fix
>still laugh about it to this day when I remember it at random

Guys I've only been here 2 years what is this

Why are American women so fucking oblivious to cars? Surely European women aren't as stupid?

Diesel cheaper? Where do/did you live?

In fact it should take almost no time to fix.

Yeah just once. Went to an air strip for some non ethanol gas, ended up putting in 100 octane because they don't label their shit. Nothing bad came of it

>surely a group of people who ride the bus and subway would be more inclined towards automobiles because they're not le dumb Americans
Lol no women are stupid everywhere and European women don't drive.

>single cam 240sx regular

>pumped premium for shits and giggles

the absolute madman

No, I never fill up my car. I always get my dad to drive to the petrol station and fill it up.

Nope, I always make sure I grab the right nozzle from the pump.

Can I get a quick rundown

Can't greentext on my phone but just imagine this is all green.

Be bus mechanic
Get phone call, driver has grabbed the wrong pump and put 120 litres of petrol into her diesel bus (200l fuel tank).
Drive tow truck down, tow back bus
Drain fuel tank into empty 200l oil drum and refill with proper diesel.

I fuelled my shitbox for about 6 months off that fuel, putting half a tank of good petrol in with half a tank of ??? Petrol/diesel mix. It made it really hard to start and quite smokey, but it was free fuel so was fine by me

midwest

Fuel prices fluctuate anywhere you are, however it wasn't uncommon for diesel to drop around 50-75 cents lower than the price of gasoline where I was. (even ethanol blends which are common there)

Best part is the station she filled up at, I had gone there before to get legitimate diesel fuel as a kid (my parents used to have a TDI jetta) The spouts on the diesel pumps are larger so they won't fit in a gasoline car. You know, like retard proofing. This literally means she had to balance the fuel nozzle whilst aiming a stream of diesel fuel into her accord and most likely spilling.

It's an amusing mental image

Sometimes I have to settle for ethanol gas when I can't go to either of the two gas stations in my city that offer non-ethanol. Not that big a deal though for every once in a while

Welp, I know what I'm having for lunch for the rest of my life now.
Any more? Got two other meals to figure out.

a few years ago i had a petrol loaner while my diesel car was getting fixed.

a couple of weeks later, i picked my car, went to fill it up and put some petrol in it lel only a couple of liters before i realized. had no problems with it.

how can you? diesel nozzle doesnt fit into a petrol filler cap

But a petrol nozzle fits in a diesel

I accidentally put 93oct in my shitbox after a full year of driving my moms M3.

Nothing of value was lost or damaged.

I saw a lady putting diesel in a gas U-haul at the gas station about 5 years ago, I didn't say a word.