How much should someone spend on performance upgrades? Is there a general rule of thumb...

How much should someone spend on performance upgrades? Is there a general rule of thumb? I have a 2000 Toyota 4runner that valued at around 3k on kbb so I don't want to spend TOO much. How much is a good idea when considering the value of the car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uE-zzCU0Wjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but there is no such thing as too much

just spend as much as you want

as soon as you start modding a car you can throw value of the window in most situations anyway

Why is that?

Pretty much this.

If there's a car for sale with a bunch of modded shit, 99% of people are going to think you broke something and can't fix it. Maybe some sucker 17 year old will buy it but he won't give you the KBB value.

value drops with mods most of the time

people want a clean stock car

spending money is directly proportional to performance increase until you hit $17k

Makes sense. I'm not talking about riding the shit out of it, but I definitely want high performance tires for better handling, strongly considering the defender ltx for that. From there I'm thinking of doing some suspension work for more handling and from there maybe adding some horsepower to the car. That's pretty much it but it's like I said I don't want to spend a retarded amount of money for a 3k car.

Meant to say ricing

>handling
>4runner

if thats what you want Id just recommend you get another car

4runner would be good for light offroading since you dont want to get too much in the money

do u have I4 or v6? what kind of performance you want? off road or on road ?
>just save your money for a better car

Wat

Well I plan on getting a 09-10 BMW 335xi when I get a higher paying job, maybe a newer model for 12-15k. But I do still want to keep the 4runner for those really rainy days/snow and those rare off-road moments. Plus it would be a good backup in case the 335 breaks and I don't have the funds to fix it

It's the v6 sr5 model. I'm mainly looking into handling and depending on how much I've spend for that, hp for better accuration

I also want to take care of the incab noise because it's not as quiet as I'd like

in that case Id look into a good lift complete lift kit parts alone will be around $1000

do this for a cheap and easy small bump in power

youtube.com/watch?v=uE-zzCU0Wjw

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

What would you suggest for handling upgrades? The tires should run me around 800 or so, I'm thinking of spending around 1200 after that. I may get some premium speakers put in, then splitting the rest of the money for what I can afford from there

keked

I dont think there are any real handling mods for it just lift kits

look into OME stuff since it wont be as expensive

shocks springs and everything should be under $1000

Where have you been my friend, we missed you.

Speed costs, how fast do you want to spend?

Sauce on pic? Is that ass really an Asian girl?

Are there any websites you'd recommend? I'm having a hard time finding full suspension kits for it. Also what's the different between premium and performance suspension?

Bump