/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Flank Speed Edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc

>0.6.1 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-061/

>February Event Calendar + Ship Class specific boosts
NA worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/forever-alone/
EU forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/73122-event-calendar-february/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Leaked info from Russian Server
thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista FULL
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlisquare
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121 FULL

Reminder: your waifu is shit

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/22629-queue-times-way-to-long-fix-plz-particularly-in-ranked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poi.

second for cute sterns

Best stern

True

>French BB line still not announced

slut brothel

I like the hotel flag, but I really wish I had this instead.

Well you can do it. If you have the skill.

>skill
>put something on a template

Fucking stupid NEET.

I want to fly this whenever I play the Kriegsmarine.

I thought there was Zeon mod?

Nth for Scharnhorst

Too lazy to check, and my original idea was to mod the hotel flag instead, once I stop being lazy.

And yet that's apparently more than most people here can manage.

she still looks like trash meido you niggerlipped cuck. FIX IT

Nope, finished. Never touching it again, time to draw beautiful tonks or whatever else

>looks irish

spud pls..

fix your footwork and the leg work it's disgusting or learn hot to steal you kankle loving homo

Pft. That sounds like effort, absolutely haram

qt

>Eating delicious ice cream
>Thinking about botes
>Think about hotel
>Realize that I will never have a qt hotel gf to eat delicious ice cream with

how come on Rodney (and by extension, Izumo) turret B is the superfiring one? surely having A and B inline with C superfiring is more convenient

tfw no Mikasa

Probably results in better arcs of fire that way.

DELET THIS

when a tier IX BB gets rushed down and deleted three minutes into the game, I judge him more than when a tier IX DD gets rushed by planes and deleted three minutes into the game. is this unfair? I notice myself doing it subconsciously. a Fletcher flunks out and gets 500xp on a win and I think "shit happens" but an Izumo flunks out and gets 500xp on a win and I think "what an idiot how did that guy get to tier IX"

Ok baDDie, huh i bet you think using torps and staying alive with 5.8 km concealment is hard.
Fucking uninstall already goddamn invisifag torpmonkey

Depends on the situation. If a BB goes solo into a cap knowing he's outnumbered, fuck him.

If it's a DD, they should know damn well they weren't going to do much and if they decided to hold, fuck them too.

>DD can be anywhere on the map and get rushed by planes, and he cant do jack fucking shit about it even with DF
>T9 BB has to be in the wrong place of his own choosing in order to get rushed

Seems fair.

>and he cant do jack fucking shit about it even with DF
We should wait for VMF DD split

Because having the middle turret superfire instead of the number 3 turret allows you to move your turrets closer and thus have a smaller magazine area.

Pic related, all the turrets have the same distance between them but the ones with the second turret superfiring have the smallest magazines.

Smaller magazine means smaller cit which means less armor needed to cover it which means less weight which means it's easier to fit it under treaties. You'll also get extra weight savings if you put extra armor around your magazines, like Rodney which has a 360mm belt for mags and 330mm everywhere else.

Battleships were also pretty much always built to engage targets broadside, so the loss of firepower to the front wasn't a concern.

>Battleships were also pretty much always built to engage targets broadside, so the loss of firepower to the front wasn't a concern.

Which makes me wonder why this is not viable ingame.

Do not be of questioning bad mechanics (((((

I guess because citadel mechanic exist

i'm more looking forward to the french cruisers

Partly because the way citadels and damage work in the game, but mainly because fleet tactics are non-existent in this game. Every is basically in solo warrior mode in game, so instead of working with other ships to get the most guns on target and limit the number of enemy guns returning fire, everyone tries to present the smallest target possible in order to maximize survivability.

I'm excited for the DDs desu, really hopeful for a new gunbote line that isn't )))) incarnate.

elegance and femininity

Why is this game so easy?

why hide

should be easy enough to figure out if you want to

precuckista?

>implying you planned that double strike from the start

You mean that treaty abomination that does not have belt armor to speak of?
Yeah I am also looking to that

Yep
Teamwork is predicated on trusting your teammates to not be retarded. You can sacrifice yourself to take out a critical target but most of the time your team will squander any advantage you give them so the best solution is to keep your own ship in play as long as possible.

If the designers of the Nelson class were following the line of reasoning you describe, why didn't they have the X turret train to the rear?

Because magazine size isn't the only factor. While having the X turret train to the rear reduces the magazine size, there's not as much of a difference in overall citadel length.

Training the X turret to the rear also has other requirements because you need space at the front of the superstructure for the barrels of the X turret to turn. Izumo in game for example has a curved section at the front of her pagoda for this.

garbo and cuckoldery

I love when the game starts with a "Poi".

>Not flying the best flag to ever be designed

GLORY TO BELKA

And I'm not even Raptor :^)

Man, this pepsi is what I always dreamed of.

Getting penetrated from every angle?

Is Mako a camper or is it a meme?

Having shorted detection than BBs. Don't talk about penetration user, its a Christian image board for little girls.

SUMMONING CHAIN

Belka a shit

t. Ustio

you are correct kyoani is trash since they decided to focus on immodest sluts

Fight me 1v1 no Osean shits involved.

kys thats not camping

He's Sniping_Mako, not Camping_Mako.

What is the point in playing like this? Get in the fight, brawl and you'll deal enough damage to compensate for that repair bill. Hell, don't you already pay a repair bill before joining the battle? You autistic faggot, I want you permanently stuck in co-op until you man the fuck up.

>shot-16.04.25

The funny things is that he probably does more damage in games than you do.
>still thinking repair bills are a thing

>Baltimore without DE now sets as many fires as Ibuki with DE
Peculiar

Because the game doesn't account for you using a aimbot when others don't.

>lack of courage=autistic ?
This stupidity still baits me into replying

looks bitchy

>landing three 10k AP salvos in a row on a BB at 18km
>in a Roon

a b s o l u t e l y
e u r p h o r i c

Check 'em

Clear Sky while dead

100% skill, no RNG da

>not waiting until rolls around to post this

>195 ping

good grief

It's honestly why I take the spotting aircraft+reload mod on it, those long range salvos are so accurate because of the triple gun turrets.

>Having shorted detection than BBs.
Detecting enemy ships is a very lethal occupation for bb's bc they will sacrifice their own cloak for it and can't disengage.

new stats-autism when?

Jesus you're so needy, aren't you?

They're released every few weeks, not every 2 days. Be patient and wait.

it's just that it's been almost 2 weeks so I wanted a checkup

two very simple reasons.
1. fictional battleship HEALING button that doesn't work against citadels but removes the damage of other enormous 410mm APHE explosions.
2. real life gun dispersion is vertical, not horizontal. A broadside battleship is a wide horizontal targe and small vertical target (most rounds fall short or go too far.) The bullshit game has the oval of where bullets land flipped 90 degrees.
It's easy as fuck to point a gun left+right at a target at any distance whatsoever, whereas it's a difficult skill to judge exact distance and combine that with the exact distance the shell will go at different angles, powder charges and ballistic coefficients.
Real guns are walked onto targets vertically, not horizontally.

ded botes

You at least see some more tactics in high ranked play :)

real life fleet tactics don't work when the simulation model is wrong.

real life battleship tactics wouldn't be the same if the equipment worked the way that WoWs does (incorrect dispersion, healing button, auto-bounce)

Every nation would have built their BBs like dunkirque if your theory was right. Simply put 12-15 massive guns on the nose and have everyone come in nose-on.
The real reason broadsiding is used has nothing at all to do with teamwork.
Battleships were not designed to be offensive glass cannons, sacrificing their citadel to get extra firepower.
A real ship simply gets shot more often if it goes nose-on, with plunging fire, so broadsiding in real life requires no more teamwork than not-broadsiding to be viable.

If guns were realistic then every solo player would always broadside and every pro player would always broadside.

even my handgun in real life faces mostly vertical dispersion. Battleship guns have a pretty similar looking pattern oddly enough. Small left-right, large up-down.

vertical is left-right in this, see Line-of-Fire arrow

dumbass benis just got eternally BTFO by O U R B O I Z

forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/22629-queue-times-way-to-long-fix-plz-particularly-in-ranked/

how will he EVER RECOVER??

>ST
>smart
more like dumbpertesters am I right?

You forgot your cute boatgirl image, Umidoori.

>Arsonist Tirpitz
huhhh

???????????????????

>Colorado replaced by Maryland when.

When does Mutsu go on sale?
What rumors are there for the next premium ship after Mutsu?

Premium stock hull Amagi is next, according to dev announcement.

Hum.
I've gotten so used to the idea of only using DDs to train my IJN captains.
I mean, I have an Atagoy but I don't like high tier matches.

Alabama sooon

I wish someone would take a Silent Hunter 4 approach to WWII surface combat. Til then we are at WG's mercy.

I'm glad MiG-29 Fulcrum didn't ruin Ace Combat for this thread
I'd leave [BOTES] for [BELKA]

>weebshit
>spud

pick one

Dirty traitor.