/ng/ - Nioh general

Samurai doggo edition

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character

You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you.

Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough

dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benkei
youtube.com/watch?v=kL6zhadpm9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post game is shit.

First for Fuku is best girl

Post-game is impossible

>Alright Gaijin go fight the Giant Skeleton
But I don't want to. Can't I just fight the Spider lady again?

How do I restock ammo? It doesn't work like with elixirs

excuse me?

Post ur williamfu

>sloth cucks think they are relevant

Is this the most edgy armor William can wear?

he didn't specify post game was impossible without sloth

I just asked this before the new thread popped up can anyone shed some light on the matter? Also, the devenant I used as an example also has a unique headpiece that isn't part of the set, it's one of those decorative family kabutos

> Sloth talisman.

I said post-game, not NG+.

The bosses are the easiest part of postgame. All the normal mobs have shitloads of HP.

i don't see the point of fighting normal mobs in NG+

might as well ignore them

I have two questions /ng/.

What spells and ninjutsu are must have? Is it personal preference or have people figured out the 'best' shit?

I have fairly spread out stats because I can't decide on just one or two I like. Is this viable? I don't mind being slightly weaker than min max status but noone likes being way weak so. My shit is like 15 ki and hp stat 10 strength and skill and the rest is 6.

I'm thinking of trying this game, was going to get For Honor, but after playing Open Beta, I'd rather not. How is this game?

when do I fucking unlock master onmyo and ninjutsu training

Like souls, but with a shitton additional mechanics
It's pretty fun
Plot is pure anime though

find more

For some reason they made it so extra elixirs go into storage, but ammo does not, so any ammo you can't pick up just goes to waste.

And otherwise its a standard consumable, what you got is what you got until you buy/find more

anyone at all?

PAIRED RAIKEN ARE CUTE!

CUTE!!!!!!!!!

>mfw I realized who the Bridge Ghost was.

Kinda surprised how many graves there are though. He wasn't that hard.

For ninjutsu I only grabbed the backstab move and the scroll that works like second chance

Magic has tons of cool shit like Sloth, carnage, rejuvination etc.

Sloth is easy mode. Throw in carnage talisman and weakness talisman with a elemental weapon (like raikiri) and talisman (water works good) and you'll have stunlock on most bosses. Kekkai talisman lets you go balls to the walls and not worry about ki pulsing.

Anything that deals damage is worthless if you dont go deep on dex/magic
Magic has by far more buffs/debuffs that require no stats
For ninjutsu, if you have no or low dex, you're really only looking at the scrolls that prevent death and makibishi

OP shit: sloth, devigorate, guardian spirit talisman (depends on your guardian spirit). carnage

>For some reason they made it so extra elixirs go into storage, but ammo does not, so any ammo you can't pick up just goes to waste.
But that's the thing
I bought 999 ammo from blacksmith, and it all went into storage. But now there's seemingly no way to actually retrieve it.

yes, you can get them in NG+ for the mission you've missed them in

I didn't undersrand who he was. Can you tell?

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a thread or two ago that devghosts can drop any of the unique shit they have on or something like that, then obviously players can drop things they have on which would ideally sorta lead down those things not becoming as scarce. Same story with the alpha/beta/demo hats, revenants can drop em.

Is NG+ something you opt into or does it put you into it automatically when you beat it?

Can you lower the difficulty back down too or not?

I think the last time the first boss of a game has been so ingrained into my soul was Dark Souls 1.

what the fuck did he use? Sloth Talisman, the guardian spirit talisman and then what? And what the fuck is that infinite 2kat spam in high stance?

It's just a difficulty unlock, you can switch back and forth on the map whenever you want.

Caltrop bombs

>When cunnilingus man hits you for over 2k in postgame in a single punch

No, no
I get that pal but I mean the texts to actually forge them instead of farming a devenant or getting lucky in a normal revenant

I fight every one I come across but I would really love to craft a high level Taisharyu wooden sword or something

any faster way of farming honour then on the bridge? getting 80 honour a revenant seems retarded considering everything good costs 3-5K

Pretty sure the texts for everything BUT the alpha/beta/demo helmets drop off their respective NPC. Apparently if a Revenant is wearing one of those helmets they have a chance to drop the smithing text too, but that's it.

I Feel like i'm doing fuck all damage with 1kat and i'm thinking about a respec

What's the best DPS build? i'm not that far into the game i'm just at the giant sea jelly monster thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benkei

Fucker holds back an entire army on a bridge so his master can Sudoku. Only taken out by arrows, and he died standing so everyone just thought he tanked the arrows, which made everyone wait because they were so scared of him.

Hence the bridge level.

Alright, cool
Thanks for clearing that up for me

Co-op can give you 1-3k Glory per mission done

if you have a single piece of armour or one weapon from a set you get the damage % reduction from the 2 piece requirement

How do you deal with 2kat revs? I can't get single attack in between their spam.

you have enough toughness that you just poise straight through their attacks

High stance spear/kusarigama, space them out, 2kat lacks range as most of its strong attacks are vertical slashes rather than stabs

At what point do the expert missions and the mystic arts skills become avaliable?

>have to kill Mujina and Nurikabe for bestiary and challenges

The weapons ones appear after you get Suzaku

You parry them. They aren't doing fucking damage with the one or two hits they get out, just try to use the game mechanics instead of ignoring them.

>that fucking attack with 1kat when you slooowly walk forward poising through literally everything then make a sloooow hit that deals more damage than fully charged iai
does anyone else just love to use this goofy shit?
it's so damn sub-optimal but holy shit it's satisfying to land

Can it? I've been doing level 90-100 missions and I get like 300 glory per run.

All humanoid AI can't deal with hammer/axe

kusarigama rapes any human or revenant enemy, including bosses, just spam leg swipes and pulls.

Holy shit axes are so much better for revs that there is little point in using anything else.

Weird, I'm level 110 and I did co-op for a couple low level missions and a NG+ one and I was getting about 1.5k glory from each.

Thanks man, was just wondering

Currently using hammer and 1kat, should I introduce a third weapon?

Walk towards them and block their attack then let go of block for a second and block the incoming attack

Repeat until Ki break
Revenants have very stupid AI

>Ost is great
>Many of the good songs aren't on youtube

i need a hero

What are some good skills to take from sword and onmyo trees?

where am i supposed to go in this iga mansion? i'm stuck on the first floor

yeah you drain their ki so fast it's insane.

the very first floor with Hanzo in it? check the wall to the right of him, you'll see wooden engravings in the floor which means it's a revolving wall, you'll get a prompt to push it

Wait, where can I farm Head of the Iga Ninja set?

Any difference between normal bloody graves and developer graves? Appart from the red name.

Can you get set-specific armor/weapons (for example Warrior of the West) from random drops of normal enemies? Or should I lock them on my inventory or send them to the store thingy?

>Hmm a ninja mansion has secrets
Check the floors

2kat has multiple skills that fuck over anything that guards and 1kat has a guaranteed knock down / stamina kill parry.

>mfw just shit all over the dual Nioh fight with guardian talismans

magic is OP

Way of the Ninja: Adept
Takes like 20 seconds to kill him.

Same as anything - drain their ki and kill them

This was just messing around but there is some good speedrun potential in Nioh.

youtube.com/watch?v=kL6zhadpm9w

thanks senpai

Cuz it wasn't supposed to work like that. You just get what you bring into the level with you and whatever you find there.

Honestly its p dumb and I hope they patch it to change it soon, but thats how it is

Or I can just use an axe and press triangle a few times and not bother with skills.

Fuck you, too, game.

Some will give lore bits when you kill them.

You can press your luck and try to find them from revenants.

>spear mystic art that lets you have a free attack when ki pulsing in any stance
>mfw infinite attacking in low stance while never running out of ki

Bretty gud. Elajjaz is a decent Souls speedrunner and he's starting Nioh routing right now. Have you tried the Tiger Running Scrolls in the Ninjutsu tree? I'm not sure how much faster they actually make you

I was never able to get down the fucking timing for dodging the balls, I eventually just got it by sprinting to the side whenever he was in ball throwing mode.

I swear I saw a developer revanant in the Umi-Bozu level wearing this helmet, anyone know how to get it without grinding that one non-respawning revanant?

>Some will give lore bits when you kill them.
Ok. But how I'm supposed to tell them apart from the normal ones?

How do you open the mystic arts?
Separate missions after story progression?

Never seen it desu m8

Are there only 3 regions in Way of the Strong? Did all the main missions in each of them.

how do i blacklist umi bozu from random encounters

Is there something I have to do to unlock Sekigahara and Omi in postgame? I've completed every main mission in the other areas, so I don't know what to do.

Dex/magic 20
2kat/kusari/spear or dps weapons.

Yes, the missions for them unlock after 5-1 for weapons and 6-1 for magic/ninjutsu. Need 500k in a weapon's proficiency for its mission and 20 in Dex/Magic for their missions

>Umi-Bozu on Way of the Strong

I look forward to never doing that again ever.

Never even thought about tiger running scrolls. I'll try messing around with them.

If you could pick and choose it wouldn't be very random now would it?

Kill all of them. For glory.

That you can spend on cosmetic shit and gestures.

Both or just one of them?

Is it possible to use reforging to roll the "-1 set required" effect on an armor piece? I really want to use this set but 7/7 wants me to equip a specific weapon which I do not want to use

I've reforged a bit and never seen that reroll

Spider tits level is some of the best designed levels i ever saw in arpgs.
>shitload of passages and interconnectivity
>multiple levels of terrain
>multiple ways to progress it
>optional collectible that makes exploration even more fun
shame boss herself is pretty easy

There's too many of them!