/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3263

Modern art edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version): pastebin.com/weL41ehu
Chess Play/Ladder Info and more: pastebin.com/ST2512G8
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881

Other urls found in this thread:

patchdynamics.net/Katawa_Shoujo_Heart_Patch/p4320689_16899921.aspx
rtil.storenvy.com/?page=2
woodmusicbox.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for Miki

>"T-t-tell me! Where did you get this tea, Lilly!?"
>"I'll never speak!"

Also, is it just me, or do their noses look like.... super freaky

Anyways, Lilly!!

At leasf Lilly doesn't have to see this

nth for happy flirty katawas!

Nth for a happy Hana!

smiles you would protect

go

that's very lewd, user
nobody because I believe that they all have the willpower to protect their own smiles

Okay /ksg/ it's time to wake up now

That's my secret, captain.
I never go to sleep.

then start bumpin this gosh darn thread maggot

I kept the previous one floating and I'm not even a regular here

that good :D

alright it's dead

curse you, universe, for showing me this game right when everything about it dies

hi

hello

hello to you too

Hello to you three

It's been five years, man. What did you expect?

her to become real

I mean, I expected it, I just didn't think it would happen right when I joined :(

Well, it honestly is in part to us having three different discords dedicated to the same thing lol

I feel like we should tell some of the discord people to hop onto here

but i have a feeling the very reason they're on discord is so they won't have to be here

both me and undie are discord people.
I-I'm sorry

Well, I mean, a few of us ARE discord people. Myself and a few others are usually on discord talking about random shit, and using it to not entirely turn this board into talking about random things like Jojo and Dark Souls hahaha.
It's kind of like a filter, so that people who want to talk about KS can talk about KS. It's just, after 3,000 threads, how much is there left to say? There's still new content coming out, but for a board set on Veeky Forums, it's hard to keep the place afloat in between. And the content that is coming out isn't exactly widely discussed either. Not everybody reads my stuff or Fluffs or anybody elses, so talking about it for some may just be weird

yeah but you guys still actually contribute to here

the top 3 people i memorize on here actually are you, undertaker, and Cancer

that's a good point too

I just think it's so weird that something made by Veeky Forums is dying on its own website. It just feels really ironic, and kinda sad.

Seems like I'm the only one who actually thinks that way about it though, ahah

I might as well jump boat too once this place 100% dies

we're all cancer here desu

>And the content that is coming out isn't exactly widely discussed either. Not everybody reads my stuff
because fatposters are a minority
I think one reason /ksg/ is dead now is because a lot of people don't like fatposting so they left. Maybe it'll die like the giantessposting and maybe give new life to /ksg/. It's a cycle

if anything I think that fatposters actually brought some life to this place with nes discussion.
I like your maymays but they're kinda hard to look at on black Veeky Forums
lad I find it silly in a good way how you were posting stuff like I don't really understand Rin a few days ago and now you've gone full Rinfag mode

Hey /ksg/, I got some feels I want to unload if ya'll don't mind.

I have this one friend who in recent years has improved his life in a lot of ways, such as by taking up boxing and getting in shape, finding a gf, and becoming less of a bitter person. However, one consequence has been that he's lost interest in nerdy stuff that we both used to enjoy.

One of those interests was KS. I was the one who introduced him to the game, and we used to talk about it constantly. But when I mentioned it the other day to him, he just dismissed it as something he liked when he was "a different person".

And ya know, him saying that just made me feel really sad. On one hand, I'm legitimately happy for my friend because I want him to be happy. But it feels like I now have a lot less in common with my friend and that there's less stuff we can talk about, and that depresses me cause I consider him one of my best friends. It also felt like he was dismissing all the fun we used to have discussing KS as worthless.

It also makes me wonder if I'm becoming the guy who doesn't grow up as all his friends mature. And I honestly do want to improve my life so that I can be satisfied as much as he is, but I don't want to lose interest in a lot of things I enjoy (like KS) in the process.

>It also makes me wonder if I'm becoming the guy who doesn't grow up as all his friends mature
Sometimes people just grow in different directions. All the people I considered my closest friends ten years ago have entirely different interests than I do today. It's just how it goes.
You can still improve and better yourself while staying interested in the same things you enjoy now.

that must suck. But I think the problem might be in him. I've been lifting heavily now for some time and will soon pick up a martial art and I am convinced this game will never leave my heart.
Either that or both of us are retarded.
But on a serious note, he might as well be suppressing his feels.
This maturing process isn't necessarily improvement, just change

Eh it's not like dying. KS will live forever, just as games like Mario do, but you don't see a Mario 1 q&a form

My OTHER stuff lol I don't constantly fatpost. And I'm in every discord, nobody's ever given me shit for it
>A different person
That's kind of fucked up... Like what if he one day takes that viewpoint about his friends. "Oh we used to be tight, but I changed."

>black Veeky Forums
I personally don't care for that theme (I use photon) so I don't optimize my memes for it, but I made versions with backgrounds just in case
Was he ever really affected by it, feels-wise? If he wasn't then maybe that can explain why he became disassociated with it, maybe he saw it as just a "game" to meme about
Maybe a lot of people don't know about the discords. I didn't know they existed until some threads ago.
and in your defense, at least fatposting uses art unlike a badly photoshopped hanako walking through a city like fucking godzilla

>Like what if he one day takes that viewpoint about his friends. "Oh we used to be tight, but I changed."

I'm not really worried about that, cause I do get the feeling that he still considers me a good friend; and he evidently still trusts me enough to confide in me.

But I at least feel that's there now a lot less subjects we can talk about. Conversations with him feel a lot less spontaneous than before, and losing that makes me really sad. I'm not sure if he feels the same way, it's probably just me.

>All the people I considered my closest friends ten years ago have entirely different interests than I do today. It's just how it goes.

So how do you personally deal with those changes? And do you still consider these people close friends?

>But on a serious note, he might as well be suppressing his feels.

I want to believe that deep down, he still cares about Hanako.

>I'm not sure if he feels the same way, it's probably just me
If you think that he can still confide in you, then just ask him if he feels the same way.
forgot image

>Was he ever really affected by it, feels-wise? If he wasn't then maybe that can explain why he became disassociated with it, maybe he saw it as just a "game" to meme about

Considering how he considered Hanako his waifu and was constantly mentioning how more she is, I'd say it affected him.

I made new friends. I don't really see the old ones anymore, we ended up being interested in completely different things. Eventually it just wasn't much fun to hang out together anymore. It may sound sort of sad but I'm really happy that I've pursued my own interests and met other people along the way that share them.

Hah, I guess you are right.

It's easier to love someone when you understand them!
Like serbfag said I really do think the problem is just him. He might see it as a bad thing to like KS, or he thinks the feelings brought from the game are something he should move on from and "get over", instead of embrace and utilize.
I know that KS will always be around, and I'm glad it will be, it's just that I'm a bit bummed I wasn't there for the "Prime" of it.

Optimistically, I should really be glad that this general has even stayed alive for this long. If I didn't get roped onto here, even though it's been such a short time, I definitely wouldn't go onto any of the discords to just continue my enjoyment of this game.

Maybe some day I'll try and contribute to the game itself, either in a story or a cover. My piano skills have certainly improved upon playing the game, especially after I learned Wiosna and Friendship. My "End-Goal" is to learn Jitter, I feel like there's not a chance I'll ever learn how to play Romance in Andante.

>mentioning how more she is

Moe*, fixed

ya gotta pick up painting for her))

Like niceposter said, maybe he thinks he should get over KS. Just try asking him; the worst answer you could get is probably just "no" or something similar.
My advice may not be the best. I can't really relate to you, because I've never had a friend drift apart from me, except pre/elementary school friends who I couldn't contact online.

Lol well thanks. I try to keep the content going about as well. Hell I wish the people sending me notes asking stuff or for updates were on here for more traffic... Plus, if it's humorous or like taking the piss, i think some of the giant stuff is funny.

Well that's good at least! Was he like a best friend and is now just kind of a friend?

It's gold tinted glasses, my friend. The prime was fun, but there are still a lot of good people around, and KS has touched a lot of people. Hell every rando artist I talk to seems to have played it at one point.

G'morning, doods!
How are we all today?
What fun and interesting things do we all have planned?

You are going to be the death of me...

>how much is there left to say?
I intend to find out.

great post

Thanks, yours is great too.

Argh
I play piano, I sing, and I write

I was once good at drawing but I lost all inspiration back in grade 1 when my teacher forced everyone in the class to paint something that normally would take 3-4 days in less than an hour. I got super mad when she kept telling me to "hurry up, hurry up" and just ended up drawing some shitty tiger, throwing it in her face and running out.

Didn't want to paint after that. But I think I should pick it up again.

What I like now is that it seems like all the nice people are around. From what I've heard, it was a real shitfest before.

>Was he like a best friend and is now just kind of a friend?

He was and still is a best friend to me, just now he's a best friend I have less in common with than before, so consequently I talk to him a lot less than I used to. He still seems happy whenever I message him though, and he always meets up with me when I'm in town.

b-bootery, is that you maybe?
Sounds like a bitch but don't let it get to you. As directionless as I am right now, I sure do like doing random stuff all the time. And one of them, painting for example, has become a real hobby
Speaking of shitfest it really is calm these days in contrast to how it can be here. You must be a lucky charm

that exercise was most likely aimed at forcing you to break down what you wanted to paint to its most basic shapes. kinda like how you can practice to convey gesture in your drawings by doing quick poses.

>What I like now is that it seems like all the nice people are around. From what I've heard, it was a real shitfest before.

I disagree, I really miss old /ksg/. I was posting in general threads in 2012, and now only stop by /ksg/ occasionally. The main reason I lost interest was cause people in /ksg/ were constantly churning out really good fanfiction and other OC, but /ksg/ doesn't seem to produce much OC anymore. Maybe new /ksg/ is "nice", but it's also boring.

And the fact that Suriko shitposting has consequently led to people trashing Hanako's route and accusing anyone who likes her route as being Suriko also annoys me

They should be grateful that they're being thought of as the king shitposter instead of just a common shitposter

>b-bootery, is that you maybe?
I don't know who you are talking about, sorry.

Forgot to say this earlier
>It's just, after 3,000 threads, how much is there left to say? There's still new content coming out, but for a board set on Veeky Forums, it's hard to keep the place afloat in between
Especially because /ksg/ is pretty niche. I remember when /meg/ used to be more dead than /ksg/ because it was near-100% waifuposting, now it's more active due to ME: Andromeda. Generals like /mcg/ have potential to last much longer than /ksg/ since minecraft is always updating and mods keep the game fresh, as opposed to KS with only one game, period. The only way to keep /ksg/ sustainable would be to turn it into a cripple VN general. Niche communities are very slow. Even this early, actual game-related discussion on the Full Hearts discord has halted. Hell, /ksg/ has more posts than /3/ - a whole board, which would be much more active if all of the "art" boards (/3/, /I/, /ic/, maybe /p/) were merged.

Early 2012 threads were the best but there have been several low points hit since then. The slow threads we have today are at least mostly nice.

Lucky charm eh? I just like being nice. I mentioned it before, but it's nice to be nice since I don't get many opportunities in real life.

I still don't get that whole Suriko thing. I love Hanako's route, and I'm actually doing it now. :(

Not exactly. It was in Grade 1, and our teacher was the most hated in the entire school. Most of the parents actually pulled their children out of the school just so they don't get her. However, I didn't really have a choice, because I'm in a really poor family.

She gave us all some prompts and watercolour paintbrushes and made us get to painting. I got a super complicated one but I had my mind already set on the task. I was supposed to paint a tiger prowling through tall grass. I had everything in mind, just not enough time, and she kept pegging me about it that I eventually burst and just gave up with some shitty painting that she gave me a C- for.

She was just a bitch. I always take time with my art (whether it be writing, singing, or playing the piano. warming up is key) and I hate being rushed.

Good morning, Kiwi! How'd you sleep?

Eh, it can still devolve into that now lol. For the most part, it's still nice.

I'm glad to hear that! I hope it keeps up!
There's still a lot of new stuff being produced, though we've for sure been lacking on the fanfic stuff. Myself and Fluff write consistently, and GTAnon just did a Kenji intro story, but We'll see if more comes of it!

I haven't read Full Hearts yet
We do have a decent amount of activity, but it's not exactly... a whole lot to discuss. You know? Full hearts is hard to discuss because it's not done yet, though my blind/ginger/pigtails need is being satisfied somehow, and it's hard to fall in love with an incomplete story. Still though, discussion happens over stuff. How Far has me getting a few messages, fetish story moreso, but without an actual VN style expansion kind of like Summer's Clover, I don't see a whole lot of large involvement. The Honey Select user and thighs taking requests and situations is super fun though!

/ksg/ will either die at some point or continue in a zombie form like The Simpsons. As you said, it's hard to keep a general afloat when you only have one game and no new content.

Just look at Tsukihime. It was very popular on Veeky Forums when the English translation was first released and it generated numerous memes. But since it's been over a decade since the English translation was released, and since the remake is stuck in development hell while Fate is constantly getting new content, I've noticed that it's very hard for a Tsukihime thread to get a lot of replies. Tsukihime fans usually have to piggyback off Fate threads or general Type Moon threads if they want to discuss it.

If general threads had existed on Veeky Forums at the time, Tsukihime definitely would have had a general thread like KS. But it would take the remake to finally be released in order for a Tsukihime general thread to exist in this day and age, and it would take Four Leaf releasing a sequel or KS somehow getting a manga or anime in order to revive /ksg/.

I first played KS in 2012, and I played Tsukihime for the first time this year, so I reckon I know how recent first-time players of KS must feel

Pretty good.

I still believe there are things left to discuss and things that have been discussed that people around now have never discussed before.

Almost all actual FH discussion was bug reports, due to shit like missing sprites because the code calls for a "heiwako happpy" sprite pic related, or error pages every few lines because "nurse" was undefined. Now there's no bug reports or suggestions because people don't care, and the discussion is mostly arguments about whether the nsfw channel should be split, because one guy keeps posting furries and traps.
It's kind of like watching a high-speed time-lapse of cripple VN discussion.

>things that have been discussed that people around now have never discussed before
For one, people here are now much less hostile to FH discussion.

This is the first time I've heard about Full Hearts. What exactly is the point of this game? What new ground will it break, and how could it possibly be as good as KS? I'd prefer that people who were inspired by KS try to create an original game rather than just rip off KS.

it's trying to plagiarize ks as much as it can get away with, while being worse in every conceivable way

Hi, Suriko.
You're also 100% right.

I DL'd the demo of Full Hearts and played it a while ago, but it was pretty bad. It seemed like an extremely inferior copy of KS.

No offense to the FH devs though, but I wish they tried their own writing style instead of failing to copy KS'.

Then again I wish that the KS devs didn't put such a nazi hold on top of anything KS related.

I still don't understand why they did that. They built a game as a community and then they completely blocked the community from making ANYTHING related to it.

It just feels so contradicting.

On one hand, I'm so happy that they made such an amazing, heartfelt story, but on the other hand, I'm really upset about the way they barred off any further creation on the game.

It's not even negative to them. All I wished was that we could maybe take the Miki route and fully animate it, adding Miki's sprite here and there, a fan-made Hisao sprite, y'know, but nope. Or maybe the Saki route, but just no.

It just makes me frustrated. I wonder if I can bribe them. If I ever get rich I'm gonna just give each of the devs like 10k or something to remove the nazi license.

dumb rant aside can anyone actually tell me if there was a specific reason ever given as to why they did that?

Originally intended as KS2 but they got a C&D from 4LS so they made basically KS but a different setting, with a protag with a *different* blood disorder but still autistic.
Includes a legless athlete, a blind girl, a girl with PTSD, an epileptic, and an albino
I like it but then again I don't mind it copying KS

>Then again I wish that the KS devs didn't put such a nazi hold on top of anything KS related.
>Fan-content out the ass
>Some of it even monetised
>4LS being authoritarian with their IP
wut

the closest I've seen them list as a reason (other than 'because we can') is they are worried about the quality of other products that would call themselves (spiritual) successors to KS.

basically they don't want a heaping pile of shit like full hearts to be associated with KS.

it's a simple stance and could easily have been fixed by having fan projects open up with 'this is a fan project inspired by the original KS made by 4LS please support the official release' but I guess keeping track of that would be too much hassle for them.

>I like it but then again I don't mind it copying KS

I guess the reason why it bothers me is because KS spawned an incredible amount of interest in VNs that didn't exist in the West before, but the only thing that seems to have resulted from this interest is demo VNs that are stuck in development hell and rip off KS rather than a real effort to make truly original English-language VNs.

Keep in mind KS itself spent a long time in development, too.

KS being Nazi with their license doesn't bother me, what bothers me is how they're no longer adding new translations to the official release.

I've been learning Chinese for a few years, and was looking forward to the Chinese translation so I could practice my Chinese by rereading KS. But I only found out that the Chinese translation was done after it had already been out for a few months because Four Leaf didn't bother to publish the news on their blog.

I think it's also unfair to people who might enjoy KS but won't get translations of their language in the official release. If I wanted to recommend KS to a Chinese friend for instance, I would have to tell them to download the full release, then to download the patch off a Baidu Cloud link, and then I'd probably have to walk them through on how to apply the patch. It's not too complicated, but it's more of a hassle than if I were to recommend the game to my American friends.

Yes and it was a lot of time spent in development to create an amazing, original game. This is a lot of time spent in development to create mediocre rip-offs.

Well, that's because 4LS was doing something unique

I'm talking about re-creation of other routes in the game's style.

Like, "Modding" it. You're doing a normal KS run but now there's a few more routes added to it. I don't get why they didn't allow that.

Also, I wasn't aware that there's monetized fan-content... could you show me some? I'm interested to see if it's anything good or not.

Rather brash but I get what they might be trying to say with that.

Even then, IMO, it's stupid to not even give content creators a chance. I have a feeling they would possibly pass something that's really good, but even then I'm afraid it'd be stopped.

I guess it's just that I enjoy a VN style of playing much more than just writing. I'm really good at visualizing and putting a song onto things, but if I can see it, it's so much more enhanced and an overall better experience.

Unique or not, trying to organize and work on an english VN with a bunch of randoms over the internet is fucking hard. Any project like that, even a brand new original one that ends up being great, is going to take a long time.

>I don't get why they didn't allow that.
The cease and desist was on the Alpha route which is just KS but less refined and 4LS is well within their rights to stop people from releasing something they made that they don't want released.

To the extent of my knowledge there is literally nothing stopping you from making a route and plugging it into Ren'py.

patchdynamics.net/Katawa_Shoujo_Heart_Patch/p4320689_16899921.aspx
rtil.storenvy.com/?page=2

holy fuck seriously

thank you

im cumming

Excellent!

Oh, huh. Where is that discussion taking place? Here? I must have missed it... Shame

A fan sort of game modeled after Katawa Shoujo woodmusicbox.tumblr.com/

I still wish I could have gotten that Lilly button

That's gay.

Most excellent indeed.

>I still wish I could have gotten that Lilly button
He's re-stocking soon.

who cares im still doing it :^)

Also thanks for linking those, I may get some, they're really cute and fucking cheap! holy shit!

Ooo lala. Lilly button buy

should I lose weight?

I'm not overweight or anything but I'm not skinny (or fit) either

I thought today was Saturday until now.
I missed the [wsg] stream, damn it.

What's your BMI?

That's pretty much ideal. A normal adult should have a BMI between 18.5-24.9
You shouldn't worry about exercise, unless you want to replace fat with muscle.

I think that's what I should do. Problem I have is that I'm pretty much bone and fat; all my muscles are in my arms and upper legs, with pretty much nothing for my stomach.

I'd talk about this on Veeky Forums but seeing as every single human being on there is severely autistic I'll just be asking this small question here

>but seeing as every single human being on there is severely autistic I'll just be asking this small question here
yeah good plan

Good morning /ksg/

Oh sweet embreace of bedsheets how I long for you

Hello!

Mornin dood

He was also talking about hypothetically adding others.

G'morning, pol-dood!

Read the Veeky Forums sticky, avoid the rest of the board.

>Tfw it's almost midnight and you just crawled into bed

Feels good man

I'll give that a shot, ty