/mmog/ - MMO General

Big Manly Dragon People Edition

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UbQgXeY_zi4
youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA
youtube.com/watch?v=cI1ETfJ_HSM
pastebin.com
youtube.com/watch?v=VjfhW16Yxds
pcgamer.com/chinese-law-will-force-game-makers-to-reveal-loot-box-drop-rates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I only play female characters because I like to wear pretty dresses.

Post some of ya grinding music
youtu.be/UbQgXeY_zi4

youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA
I never played the game, but it's still sad.
Imagine the platform you had many good memories on is suddenly counting down to closing the servers forever.
T_T

youtube.com/watch?v=cI1ETfJ_HSM

the amani were based as fuck. sad that people only cared about their elins in swimsuits.

tfw mmos won't have good cloth physics for swooshy dresses for years to come

Overlord animu wasn't that good but the first ep catches this feeling quite well.

First for Elsword waifus

Jesus Christ that video. That was wonderfully sad.

I can't believe how old everyone playing that game is, and the way everyone was forcefully logged out in purple sparkles was honestly really sad. Damn.

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
Fuck off. It's shit.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Never

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Steam is a meme

I'm pretty much retarded but is it difficult to get into games like monster hunter online or maplestory 2 and would I even want to?

i like the little dance that the Goddess Cra does when she wins.

OFFICIAL ONLINE CARD GAMES TIER LIST:

SSS

- Might & Magic: Duel of Champions

SS

- Krosmaga
- Duelyst
- Elders Scrolls Legends

S

- Hearthstone
- Shadowverse

A

- Card Hunter
- Spellweaver
- Runescape Legends
- Faeria

B

- HEX
- thatvampireone
- thatonewithniceanimationsbuttoosimple

C

- ?

D

- ?

F

- Yu Gi Oh

---------------

Haven't played yet:

- Eternal
- Gwent

Amani is best race. All other race are shit. Other than baraka.

>Elder Scrolls Legends in SS Tier

Really? What makes it so good? I thought it was generic hearthstone clone.

Sorry to all those who tried to joined Yotsuba in Mabinogi Alexina over the past week and haven't gotten accepted.

Kinda rare for us to get people so we tend to not look at the guild manager quite often, but we accepted all of you guys today.

Wait so you guys never look at the thread and just hang out in the discord?

Elins in swimsuits saved the game from shutting down.

Yes

They saved the game one time. After that they should have stopped making elin only and female only classes. Yes I still mad that brawler is human female only.

One time is more than your faggot rock people.

I would rather have the game shut down while it's still good than to see it turning into a cancerous shitfest as it is now.

Go back to /terag/ you dirty elin lover.

Go back to /lgbt/ you cock loving faggot.

>would rather the game shut down
no you wouldn't. you would just cry about it like city of heroes or AC or whatever the fuck you played back then

>elin lovers don't love their Elins with cock
Maybe you should go bak to /terag/ with the other immoral elin lovers.

To be fair, a large majority are originally from our own thread, /mabigen/, from several years back. When that died off due to lack of interest, we just stuck together as our own little circlejerk but had the guild open still.

/mmog/ happened maybe a few months ago, I stated that we're the Veeky Forums guild of the dead game because you guys listed Mabinogi in the pastebin with no guild.

We're a rather large guild open to and willing to help new people, but me and the guild honestly expected no one would join, guess we were wrong.

So, sorry. I'll start lurking for now.

We'll aslong as one high ranking person is on from time to time it's fine.

>elder scrolls legends, hearthstone, and runescape legends anywhere near the top

What's your list then?

>not liking THICC fhum brawlers
what a gay fagit

I don't play Tera to fap. I played it to play as big strong guys. Also I'm a tiny asian girl.

I am also a tiny asian girl

Hello other tiny asian girl.

>implying you're not fapping to BIG GUYS 4U
stop lying on the internet

S:
-Duelyst
-Card Hunter

A:
-Krosmaga
-Magic Duels

B:
-Shadowverse
-Faeria

C:
-Spellweaver
-Infinity wars
-Elder Scrolls Legends

D:
-Runescape Legends
-Hearthstone
-Hex

F:
-Gwent
-Every card game on mobile except ygo so far

Not when I'm playing Tera.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

That list is bad and you should feel bad for posting it.

>waaah if it's popular it's not good waaaaah i'm a filthy contrarian

How is AIKA online now? Is it still alive?

It's shit now. No one does PvP anymore and the people that do them all have cash shop gear.
Hell dungeons can be solo'd by everyone now.

And while it's still alive it's still losing players.

Wish Revelation wasn't gonna be ultra pay to win. The game looked actually interesting.

You mean
>wish every asian MMO wasn't p2w

Stop baiting. I don't care what you say I'm still play it.

Which is better?

>Oldschool MMO ability bars with long cooldowns and many abilities
>Newschool MMO ability bars with short cooldowns but limited ability selection at one time

I'll probably still play it too.

I'll just go into it expecting to not stay with it for longer than a couple of weeks, due to it being so pay to win.

Enjoy it for a casual while then drop it, basically.

>No one does PvP anymore
It's not the point of that game is PVP and RvR?

The game was advertised as a PVP game. Nation vs nation, guild vs guild. Even boasting 1000 players against each other.

Newschool, having 100 fucking abilities and 10 bars that take up half your screen with 90% of them being unused in most situation was retarded design

I only play old niche shit so I don't know what newer mmo's are doing. What are some example screenshots?

in between, having 5 abilities is too little and over 15 is too much

Don't have a screenshot, but a lot of MMOs are doing decks where you have 5-6 spqm bilities and a more powerful ability or two. You swap these out to create playstyle and builds

Are there ANY good "traditional" mmo's that aren't dead as fuck? I want something I can really sink my teeth into that isn't pure casual garbage.

I might follow that Pantheon game despite fucking Brad just because I'm so desperate.

what do you mean by traditional

Longer leveling process, more about journey to max level rather than "get max level and grind raids/pvp," more social in nature, slower paced, more punishing of mistakes, etc.

Think MMOs before WoW destroyed the industry.

youtube.com/watch?v=VjfhW16Yxds

Tell me why I shouldn't download Elsword and play RIGHT NOW

meme waifu game

Ain.

>he will waste his time with ANOTHER shitty themepark p2w asian shitfest

kek

>get max level and grind raids/pvp

But this is how you advance at the late stage of the game. If you don't put anything at the max level it is pointless to level up.

Why not have an MMO where all the mobs outside of the towns are like raid/instance bosses that require a whole group to combat? Make the entire game like a raid, requiring teamwork.

>Longer leveling process, more about journey to max level rather than "get max level and grind raids/pvp," more social in nature, slower paced, more punishing of mistakes, etc.

Except people nowaday don't have time or patient for that.

But then I'd have to play with other people and I wouldn't feel like an ELITE SUPER WARRIOR WHO NEED NO PARTY!!!

I DESERVE to be able to solo the entirety of all content in an MMO!

>be late in joining the game
>everybody else is lvl 60+
>can't progress at all
gee I wonder why

My waifu > You're waifu

>chinks finally did it the madmen
pcgamer.com/chinese-law-will-force-game-makers-to-reveal-loot-box-drop-rates/
Gacha era is coming to an end my dudes

Cool. Too bad all the good MMOs are made in Korea.

>good MMOs
>gookland

old news, and gookland already does this

This is so old.
And if you ever had any doubt that the featured item(s) has a much lower drop rate, you'd be an idiot.

>maplestroy
>dfo
>mabinogi

Well with a few thousand players you'd hope that there would be some action.

The most populated places in most MMOs are the starting zones and endgame. Obviously you could do something fun like allowing higher level players to mentor lower level players, dropping thenselves to the other players level+1, or the other way around going up to mentor level-1 so people can play together easier.

korea already has this law

Only for mobage.

>bothering and begging other people to help you
I'd rather not be spoonfed XP by other people out of pity. I mean higher level players would actually want to do something they enjoy, unless helping lowbies is actually rewarding to them somehow

I think maplestory has it

god damn. just started krosmaga, these guys have better cards than me.

Then use real money. It's hard starting out as a free player in that game.

no. i'm a free bird.

You imply people would HAVE to do this, or there would be nobody out there of even similar level who would be willing.

Anything worth playing yet?

Infinity Wars could have been good but fucking hell it's impossible to get into the game. Getting wrecked by a top-tiered deck on your first day isn't fun.

I only play female characters because I hope I'll reincarnate into a slut and drown in dicks in some alternate reality once I die.

Then do unranked until you get enough cards

That's even worse.

Because everyone does dailies? Well, you can iop then. Its starter deck is okay

>everyone does dailies
Exactly. You have a higher chance of running into someone with 5 level 3 infinites in unranked.
Just stick to ranked, at least it has a chance to match you with someone in a similar rank.

Random ancient screenshot from last day of Priston Tale open beta. I can't even remember the server name i played at, was playing Knight named Arislan in clan called RogueAvenger but i quit in like 2004 was it when beta ended because i was 16 and didn't have access to credit card.

Damn i can't even imagine how i managed to be so hooked to it when it had 0 content outside of grinding mobs for months for a level, didn't even have pvp or anything else untill post launch

>it's a waste of time if I enjoy myself

lol dumb phoneposter

You can't hide your shame.

It's early and I mistyped cuz sleepy still. I'm be on my comp soon playing mabinogi.

Why is this guy still gay for Elsword when his sister fucking stole the show from him in Lanox?