Slacker Contest

When I was in college I wanted to climb the corporate ladder and become a rich CEO. Then reality hit and realized that these guys don't really make that much when you factor in all the hours and stress. Plus, I can't give a shit about the companies I work for. My new career goal is to do the least amount of work for the maximum amount of pay.

Let's find who the biggest and smartest slackers are on Veeky Forums

How much money do you make and how little work do you do?

Work 5 days a month make roughly net 3500€.

What do you do?

CFA charterholder at a private wealth mgmt firm. I only make about $80k (in the Midwest), but I also only work from 11-5. I also essentially have unlimited vacation days as long as they are planned in advance. I could probably easily find a job making more, but I am a lazy drunk.

I made $8096 US last month.
I did 0 hours of work.

a pretty typical month for me.

Affiliate marketing. SEO for traffic. You can make a website promoting products and get it to page one of Google. When someone buys a product from your link, you get a cut of the profit. It takes a lot of work in the beginning to build the site and it takes a few months to get it ranked high on Google, but after that you can sit back and literally do nothing for months at a time while people organically find your site through Google and you rake in cash.

Alternatively, you can promote products/offers with paid advertising if you don't want to wait months for your site to rank, but that requires more day to day effort and obviously the money to pay for ads.

People on Veeky Forums might tell you that it's a meme and it won't work, but they're idiots. Just do some research.

Not trying to be a dick but how are you only making 80k? You passed all 3 levels?

seems like he answered that.
>lazy
>drunk
>works 11-5
>unlimited vacation days
>low cost of living area
his $80k is like your imagined $220

What do you do as a job?

nothing.
I shitpost on Veeky Forums all day and all night.
Except when I'm traveling.

So how do you make 8k USD a month?

I own businesses.
environmental, janitorial, security and recycling services for industry and government.

Even then 80k seems pretty low with CFA credentials

Damn, that's good shit

I feel you user. Alot of my friends that did the finance / engineering meme end up working 7 to 7 some days, hate life and abuse their bodies to hell every weeekend. Make between 70 to 110k and spend 25% of their income on rent. Some made out OK. I realized my junior year like 70% of people end up working for the company that they intern for. So much shit is out of your control. I never committed to anything academically and ended up going retail management.

I've been blowing off my senior courses online for a year, quit retail and worked 3 different types of jobs in 12 months. Finally found one that pays 20 an hr and I'm out by 3, isn't bad but gotta work weekends. I just plan on working as many different labor jobs until I find something I see myself committing to or lightning strikes and I stop being a whiney lil bitch. I wish I never went to college because it was a giant waste of time and I'm still not even done.

Pretty much this. The CFA Institute put out a compensation survey recently and median pay for charterholders in my area (Dayton/Cleveland/Cinci/Toledo) is something like $170k, so I'm for sure being underpaid.

That being said, it is a pretty great job aside from my compensation and I will probably be offered equity in the firm soon.

I work 12 hour shifts at a factory and after overtime I always volunteer for I take home about $600 a week.

Its nothing rich or successful but my job is fuck all easy. Arrive. Turn on the machine. Sit at a chair and try not to fall asleep. Maybe once in the shift I got to change out a mandrel or something. I work night shifts so don't got HR or management walking around expecting me to help others while my machine runs on its own. My supervisor sometimes asks me to do something but its like a 15 minute task then I go back to sitting down.

I have a computer that I use to print labels on. They have every other website blocked. Was thinking of asking /g/ how I could bypass it but I would rather not get caught. So I hide my phone behind the computer tower and play games on it while looking it up at the computer screen pretending I'm printing labels or something every now and then.

My god that sounds terrible.

How old are you, and how did you come to own these businesses?

Guessing you were just born into money, so this thread doesn't really apply to you.

I am 44 years old. 45 in a month.
I bought a tiny janitorial company for $75k on an owner-carry loan when I was 30.
I grew it and retired at 32. I've been retired for 13 years now.

My family is broke as fuck. I was lower-middle class before buying a business. I'm upper middle class now. Aside from nobody in my house working, that's a bit odd even for middle class I guess.

underrated situation.

I'll take $50k in a nice cushy job over $100k in a high stress hell job, any day of the week.

Tile guy. I post pretty frequently.

Preexpenses and bullshit I make almost $100/hr.

After factoring in expenses and bullshit I make about $65/hr.

Not bad at all. Once you figure out a rhythm the job is not too hard on your body. Especially when you only work about 10 days a month. Which is what I do.

Blue collar has been super good to me. Wish I had taken this track at 18.

That's dope.

> retired at 32

thats so great. What do you do with your time though? Do ever miss the business game?

im happy that i know the tile guy

seen your posts before, thanks for contributing

>What do you do with your time though?
Once or twice a year I travel to a tropical beach somewhere and spend some time drinking and diving.

The rest of the time I like to metal detect, go on road trips, go shopping, work on cars, shitpost on Veeky Forums, play video games, hang out with my kids, cook, go to restaurants, read, hike, hunt, fish, camp, snowboard....

just normal stuff I think.

>ever miss the business game?
no, after almost 40 years of working for a living I'm fine with not.

>after almost 40 years
kek
make that 20

I think I've read your posts too. Thanks for always writing.

new pics of your work when?

I work about 10 hours or less in a given week, sometimes a little more if there's a big project. I make $90k a year (though in my area that's poverty wages). IT work is the best do-nothing job there is.

I make:
>chump change
working in a bar for two weekends a month (gr8 way to meet qts)
>10k a month
selling shit I've made (sculptures, designs and paintings)
>~5k every few months
royalties check from my publisher

feels good being /creativebutsuccessful/

I had it all till last month

>22
>had job operating equipment for 21/hr
>8-1500 a week depending on hours
>get fired
>get imediate offer to go work for 23/hr
>rather be on unemployment making literally half what i use too

Comfy waiting for my shipping stocks to moon

Sure you do liberal hipster

what state

I'll post soon Monica.

can you link me to your website? if not can you tell me the genre of your website?

i guess u had to make a genre first and then you found products that went along your genre

the site niche is health. eating well to lower cholesterol. health is a huge niche with lots of profitable sub niches

I remember you from a different thread a few weeks back
My man

get on dat digital marketing time

welcome guys. We'll make it.

>IT work is the best do-nothing job there is.

Which specific sector of IT is the best "do-nothing" job? Do you actually work in it or just talking about stuff you've heard?

free lance web dev, super lazy and put in 2 or 3 hours a week. i charge 75 an hour

This is my situation
>25
>college educated, STEM degree
>debt free
>but working two p/t retail jobs
>both are low stress
>sell things on eBay and etsy--watches and jeans
>saving a decent amount
>put most of my savings in an index fund (don't laugh at me, Veeky Forums)
>have enough time for hobbies, personal and social life
>unhappy

bump

six figures trading shitcoins, got lucky initially which made me 50% of what i currently own, now i just check charts a couple of times a day. hopefully one day i can switch to real trading instead of this imaginary shit but ive still got a way to go before then.

>stem degree

is it bio,chem, or some other useless science degree without doctorate?