Who /liberalartsmajor/ with no regrets?

Who /liberalartsmajor/ with no regrets?

I got an English degree, learned invaluable skills, and now I have a very nice, comfortable job where I make good money.

>I have a very nice, comfortable job where I make good money.

what job is that praytell

>hehe I am 17 and considering college so want to see if I can fish for some responses because I hate math and want to see if I can make it still with hating math in liberal arts, I am making good money lmao lets see if typing this works

i take it the skills are sucking dick and so is the job.

Never go full liberal arts, or full engineering, or full business, or full medical, or full law, or full science

If you're not at least dual majoring you're not getting your money's worth out of college, just drop out.

Yes I would like fries with my order.

What do you think about this?

Politics and Economics with minor in CS

Combined major + minor

I got a BS in psychology.

I ended up working in something else and not using the degree for work at all.

But I have zero regrets the degree gave me a lot of insights and people and life that I find useful.

can you tell me what skills you now have?

Why should anyone give a shit as to why WW2 happened?

To avoid sounding like you in polite company.

I majored in nepotism and got a minor in being friends with the right people. For extra curriculars, I took "be born into a family that's financially secure". 100k+/year any job I want.

>mfw someone thinks their meme paper will cause people to overlook the fact that they are a 300lbs pants shitting retard

notice how OP hasnt replied.

Why should anyone give a shit about polite company?

Because being a cultured, well-rounded, and highly educated person who also moves in successful circles marks you as part of the ruling class, membership of which tends to be passed down. Being a boorish, flashy, narrowly focused person who makes ignorant remarks every time he opens his mouth marks you as indistinguishable from trailer trash and project niggers save an extensive education and a bit of money that you will soon be parted with.

Excuse me, that's

>extensive technical certification

Can you give a job reference my friend frog

My money won't be going anywhere anytime soon :^)
Enjoy flipping those burgers.

good try shekelstein

>Implying I'm flipping burgers

Let me try communicating in your language.

I love caw-ledge foot-bawl!
Make it rain!

>anyone who doesn't care about WW2 must be some frat kid
Nice try at strawmanning.

Anyone who doesn't care about WW2 is either very stupid or trying to be edgy to make a point.

Tell me what impact will knowledge of WW2 have in my everyday life?

None, because you'll never have significant pull in society. Well, none aside from being thought very, very stupid by the people around you.

Why does that matter when I have the money to exchange for any services I need from them?

Because when you get past a certain amount of money then money doesn't matter. Only status and power do. Excessive money is only for lording it over poor people.

Why do I need an excessive amount of money? I only care about living a comfortable life, not status or power.

engineering majors don't have enough electives to dual major without having to stay for a few more semesters. at that point employers will ask you why you didn't do a masters instead, and your answer will be because you're a fucking retard.

Money comes and goes, typically in three generations. Power and status are passed down as legacies and allow you to have enough money to be comfortable.

If you accumulate a lot of money and only that you will live long enough to see your grandchildren squander it.

I don't plan to have children.

Well then Mr. Totally Legitimate position, enjoy your classless money spent on low brow entertainment.

>if you don't plan on ruling the world or having children you must be some sort of crazy person

ultimately it doesn't matter,
but I love it when other people's offspring choose to end their genetic lineage.

I mean millions of years of breeding and working their asses off to raise kids and it all ends with you. Not only are you convinced that you have nothing worth passing on, but neither did any of your hundreds of thousands of human ancestors.

all their work for nothing. You decided it turned out badly and you're going to end it. And you're right. If you think you suck that badly then it was all for nothing.

it's cosmically funny when you think about it.

I just care way more about myself than any of my ancestors, and do not feel like wasting my time and money raising children for some abstract concept of 'legacy' when I can spend them doing fun things.

It's the reason why countries like France and Germany aren't more like Poland and Hungary

yep.
that's how your family line ends.
with a whimper rather than a howl of rage or triumph.

all the lives risked and lost, all the pain and sweat and constant struggle, and it comes down to
>I'd rather have fun

just funny.

Is that supposed to make me feel bad or something?

no.

my ancestors are smiling at me.
can you say the same?

No they are not. They are decomposed matter in the ground somewhere.

>I got an English degree

>and now I have a very nice, comfortable job where I make good money.

I too love roleplaying on Veeky Forums.

Why is it that hard to believe? I'm not saying I make bank, but I sure make a lot more than my peers regardless of their degrees.

What makes a successful person isn't just their "degree," but it's their inner drive, motivation, and people skills.

Truly low social class.

I have a genetic illness and I'd rather see it end with me than the possibility of my children suffering.

Truly I am helping the human race

>>implying you're family has done anything worth noting

KEK. Do what makes you happy and be good to others.

Got a History degree because I tried Nursing and that was gay then tried CS and it was boring learning things I already knew but was too lazy to build up a portfolio. I have a comfy office job at a factory. I'm a "safety coordinator" that gets paid $64K salary to basically print sheets to have new employees sign and go over OSHA training once a year for employees and arrange fire department meetings for fire extinguisher training. Besides a 10AM meeting where all management walks around the plant pretending to be discussing business, I'm basically sitting in my office waiting for time to pass by. Sometimes I get so bored that I will go down on the floor and help production workers out (more like slow them down by just chit chatting with them).

This job bores me to death but it's easy money. I'm just saving frugally so I can move to some 2nd world country and open a business.