Help me pick out my 2nd car

I come to Veeky Forums because it's the only auto board I know.

I am looking for these things;
>2013 or newer
>automatic
>0-60 of 8 seconds minimum
>20 mpg city minimum
>Under 60k miles
>sedan or hatchback

Budget: 12k at a dealership

There's a lot of cheap models and cars in the inventories near me but I do not know which model would best fit these categories.

I'd like to avoid CVT/DCT unless the issues with those are now fixed; I just remember when these first released it was bad and broke often.

Thanks.

Suzuki Swift

What's your current car? How much cash do you have for a down payment?

3k dp. Currently is 92 ranger.

If what i'm looking at is correct the only manufacturer not using CVT/DCT right now is mazda?

Is the extra fuel efficiency really worth those slower speeds and hard shifting feel in the dct?

I'm watching tons of reviews but it seems that most reviewers are the kind of guys who are so used to expensive cars they pick everything apart in these economical options.

2007 BMW 750li

Expensive to repair and expensive parts.

Just take that 3k and buy a 01-05 civic outright. Mileage doesn't matter. Get a manual. Just make sure you're buying from a good owner and that the car has been taken care of.

Why not a manual?
Don't say traffic 'cause that's bullshit and you know it

civic si

Manual is not my cup of tea for driving. Yes I can get more power out of my low powered a-b machine. Yes I might get 1 more mpg in older cars.

Yes I have "control" of the car's power curve.

No it is not what I enjoy driving.

Well, you're looking for cheap thrills
Even pricy autos are not that fun, what do you expect from a regular slushbox?

Not really looking for thrills. I just want something that isn't a slow machine. Even a kia rio can get 0-60 in under 9 seconds.

I'm just trying to avoid a mitsubishi mirage. I figured 12k shouldn't be hard to do with a 2014+ cert pre owned.

Faggot.

>this

get a stick you cunt

Twingo
Miata
Crown Vic Interceptor
WRX
LS-swapped anything
Rotary-anything
$3000 civic

These are the only vehicles worth owning.

That sure helped anyone here.
No thanks scale senpai.

Uh. This looks like a meme post.

You're retarded

the things you want are somewhat unrealistic

>"cheap" car
>relatively new
>lower miles
>not slow
>body specific

you sound like the typical brokedick customer who wants it all, but doesn't want to pay for it

Agreed
And OP probably knows he's stuck with econo shitboxes with those criteria

Yes I do know i'm stuck with econo shitboxes.

You got a coupe that's gonna meet my criteria then tell me.
I'll help you make life easier. 2006 or newer.

The sticky was for $5k cars and i've more than doubled my prices.

Lol ikr

Don't spend 12k on anything faggot. Get a civic for 3k and save until you can buy a better car.

>hurr durr newer than 06
Why? stop being a faggot. any car made in the last 17 years is good enough.

>Spending 12k on a car that's almost as old as my current truck.
>Fucking STOP

6k civic is bretty comfy though

got an 07 for that

Since you responded to my meme post I'll provide you with a real answer or several:
Hatchbacks/hatchback-like-things, less than 12k at 60k or less miles, with 20mpg or better
>Mitsubishi
i-Miev, RMR a goat
Mirage
>Kia/Hyundai
Accent
Elantra GT
Veloster
Rio 5-door
Forte5/Forte Koup
>Nissan
Versa Note
Leaf
Juke
>Suzuki
Bad idea
>Ford
Fiesta
Focus
C-Max
>Chevy
Sonic
Spark
>FCA
Fiat 500

Any of these worth a damn as automatic?

I thought the fiesta/focus automatic broke super early and easily.

Sonic looks neat but usually expensive for anything other than base.

You'd be surprised how well a 3k civic rides on good tires and refreshed suspension. 1000x better than any ranger.

No. Automatics are cuck tier on econoboxes. If you don't get a manual you should just kill yourself.

i couldnt imagine the pain driving an automatic chevy sanic would bring.

it feels almost quick with the manual trans, with the auto its gonna be crazy slow

Post a picture of your manual car please.
You too.

op

No, but nothing is by the rest of the requirements. OP needs to go manual or go older.

i paid 6800$ cash for my sonic. its an LT with the 16 inch wheel fog light and spoiler package. it also has the higher trim audio package with usb and aux etc

its not the tarbo model though.

id bet you can get it for cheaper than they are asking especially if you find one with stick, they were asking 9500$ for the one i bought

Ford Fusion Titanium.

But why a sonic?

Honestly i overlooked it for a while, test drove all kinds of shit. The thing is it actually rides really comfortably , has all the stupid crap i wanted, like the stereo and a 5 speed manual ( i didnt want an auto so my choices were pretty slim) Pretty decent highway commuter to be honest. plus it had 40k miles on it. Ive even taken it up some mountain roads and it handles competently while still being decent fun for an ecobox

also gauge cluster is neato

no way in hell id have paid 10k for it though

What year was it to get it for that low at a dealership?

Did you get any kind of warranty?

its a 2013

it still has Chevy factory warranty for the drivetrain until the end of this year.

i got it cheap because the CEL was on. and it was already on the lot for 4 months.

it was a subaru dealership and they tend to sell anything off cheap that isnt a subaru, even got a 07 civic from them earlier for 5900$

had the common cracked intake hose problem, cost me 100$ for the oem part to install myself

it was a subaru dealership and they tend to sell anything off cheap that isnt a subaru, even got a 07 civic from them earlier for 5900$ talked to the same guy who sold me the civic so he was more willing to deal as well

i prefer the sonic to the civic , but the civic is still a good daily driver as well

0-60

not mine but same car.

the shifter always hit my leg in 2nd gear on those things

Some sort of Mazda 3.

Fuck off poorfag.

Yeah just grab a Mazda 3 hatch. They have decent autos, and their 0-60 is definitely slower than 8 seconds ;^)

Oh shit dawg, turns out Mazda 3 has a sub 8 second 0-60. They feel kinda slow, but I've never had trouble merging or anything.

spend 3k on econobox
>have no monthly payment, cheap insurance, cheap proptery tax, and only have to pay for repairs here and there
spend 12k on slightly better econobox
>3k up front, car payment, higher insurance, higher property tax, and still have to pay to fix things here and there

what does a 2011 mazda 3 do better than a 01-05 civic? better headlights, slightly more power, leather. that's it. that's not worth 9k.

You are disregarding the fact that the 2011 will have a fraction the mileage and last much longer so you don't need to buy those 200k+ mileage 3k civics over and over again.

you could make one civic last as long as he'd keep this 12k car and still have money left over.

>Spend 12k on a slightly older car that was very nice and decently expensive when it came out and was probably taken care of.
Or
>Spend 12k on an econobox released in the past few years that someone bought, used as a utility device and probably didn't bother maintaining and then threw aside for the newest model

The choice seems pretty simple to me OP.

He doesn't have 12k cash. Nice cars that are 12k would necessitate a fund for expensive repairs and be too old to finance at a decent rate.

> "control"
What are the quotes for desu

Cause you have control over automatics too desu desu senpai

Why not just buy a V6 accord or Camry, from personally experience I owned an 05 accord with the V6 and it wasn't like super fast but it was quick as hell. Everything was stock and it had a sub 8 second 0-60. The trans shit out unfortunately but that was just my fault for not looking into that generation of accord before I purchased it.

Pic related it's the accord the day I bought it

>0-60 in 8 seconds minimum
W-why do you want it to be at least 8 seconds?

auto v6 mustang

I know two people who've had the transmission crap out on them with only 100k on the odometer. Is it only the V6? They both had the V6 model.

Mine crapped out at about 194K. I've read that it's just the V6 model but I've also read that all accords from 03-05 have a high trans failure rate. It didn't completely crap out but it would slip very easily especially around 40 mph. It would rev to about 6k and stay there if I gave it any sort of gas. It was an auto and apparently manuals from that generation didn't act up like the autos did. I was quoted 3k with labor and parts for a replacement.