/fhg/ - For Honor General

Stop deploying on Viking territory Edition

>retarded opinion about characters:
pastebin.com/SwLt5MWg

>Wikis with mostly useless info:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>faggy friends shit sign up:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>view faggy friends here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

P.Thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vA55DqbGa0A
pastebin.com/SwLt5MWg
youtube.com/watch?v=8IrO0uNi72I
youtube.com/watch?v=fr0IrgYZgcE
youtube.com/watch?v=U0YrG4pI004
youtube.com/watch?v=t8EwzisBEHc
youtube.com/watch?v=fRfDHmUuD3g
youtube.com/watch?v=d3TDxXXpDhA
youtube.com/watch?v=jbJCTxHrJww&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=lS0EQC_Pkc0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=ElDepN6mSY4
youtube.com/watch?v=0ImVh7AIcnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for weebs

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE SAMURAI

WE HAVE THE ANIME ADVANTAGE

second for BLACKED

>vikings win the closed beta
>"..."
>knights win the open beta
>"AHAHAHAHAHAH DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT"

Give me a good reason why an archer class for each faction wouldn't be a good idea

>3 threads
1 job

lol???

No, I haven't joined any of the previous discords because I tend to avoid Veeky Forums discords.

If there is one that is about actual discussion of the game, I'd like to find it.

Real niggas ITT only

why isnt this game in /FGG/?

dumb cuckposter

parrying arrows seems really silly

because it's not a fighting game, it's less of a fighting game than fucking smash

REMEMBER

NO DISCORDS

No matter how "strict" your "game discussion only" philosophy is, it won't work. It WILL devolve into shit. There WILL be shitposting about it. People WILL argue about which one to use.

NO DISCORDS

because this game is about melee combat

So, if the game dies a week after release, we can use the sheer force of autism to keep the generals and the community going, right? Just like the Undertale general?

Because certain characters already have projectile attacks for feats. The Peacekeeper has a crossbow, the Berzerker has a throwing axe, and both the Kensei and Orochi have yumi.

Hot glue when?

>not niggerfying your conqueror for authentic historical accuracy
>not cucking the lawbringer wit juicy PAWG femwarden and peacekeeper

So I heard that knight faction from the beta get a special border reward for release.... how the hell are we supposed to claim it if everything is wiped? How are they supposed to know who was knight and who wasn't.

Someone explain? Also I played the beta on Uplay but plan on buying it on Steam.

because it's called for honor not for losers lmfaooo

>warden's grab after a guard break
Fucking hell this is stupid
>oh I got one guard break you didn't tech
>let me just CHARGE HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP TO CHUCK YOU OFF A CLIFF

yeah, ok usa

I'm probably going to keep posting my discord, but it's not even a vg/fhg/ discord. I'm going to get people from other places too.

If it devolves into shit I'll just ban people or delete it. Not that complicated.

It shares a lot with fighting games but it isn't one.

It would be annoying as fuck. You're fighting someone and suddenly you get shot.

You profile isn't wiped just progress

After seeing the vikings' autism surge due to losing, I really hope the vikings continue to lose.

I don't even care if the samurai or knights win, I just want the vikings to lose.

erm, warlord?

They can clearly see who played for the knight faction and make a note of it.

I'm about to preload the game on Steam. How are load times without a SSD?

What's on your Deus Vult playlist, /fhg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=vA55DqbGa0A

OUTGUNNED
OUTNUMBERED
THOUGH NEVER OUTCLASSED

D V
E U
U L
S T

Because the entire combat system and the appeal of the combat system is based on melee combat. Beyond a few shitty feats, if you make ranged combat an actual core game mechanic, then the one thing that makes For Honor good becomes obsolete/broken, and then it just becomes an overpriced shitty Chivalry.

Delete it. Again, there have been FOUR discords, and that's just the ones that I know about. All devolved into shit.

It DOES NOT WORK. Discords kill generals.

your account gets flagged for ban.

I fucked up, I actually meant Raider
Warlord too for that matter

no real point in buying it on steam unless you wanna track hours played since launching on steam still makes you open the uplay client
and it wipes your advancement progress but they kept track of what faction your account was pledged to at the end of the beta

All of them I assume are for game discussion however none of them, including your proposed one will be able to talk solely about the game for long.
Right now offtopic is inevitable due to waiting for release but if you want to talk about whatever nothing is stopping you.
(unless you're a gay furry/tranny attention whore)
discord.gg/FZVQxty

Be honest, what did you guys think of the open beta? I thought it was pretty shit. I ended up uninstalling it two days ago after getting rep 1. I think the game is fine at its core, but there was to much other stupid shit that made it not fun after a while.

The netcode is fucking trash. i bumped into someone from the same state as me and there were still latency issues. Matchmaking not being region locked is dumb. War of the Factions is terribly executed, and the community is shit.

Also
>knights won
What the fuck guys?

>1v1
>melee dude gets close to you
>archer loses automatically for having a fucking wooden bow
>every single time
the only time archer would work would be a 4v4 or higher where you have teammates/distance

>that fucking execution

Holy shit

You mean deus vult screeching right?

>tfw apolyon could be a really cool fight
>tfw she's just a fancy warden

Raider at least involves positioning yourself correctly to have the charge take them off a cliff. Warlords just pick a direction and choo choo off goes the rape train straight to gravity falls.

>negroid knights
>historical accuracy

Butthurt warden spotted

LADDERS!

>this webm is only 884 KB
>file size is 3 MB

why did a retard make this
it could be so much higher quality

>>retarded opinion about characters:
>pastebin.com/SwLt5MWg
"Peacekeeper got 0 mix-ups, easily defended against, and like raider gotta rely on feint plays which can easily fail. Great damage if she lands a guard break tho, and if underestimated can easily murder you in 2-3 attacks. But she cant kill you if you block and guard break, there is nothing else she can do, and while people say she got lightning quick attacks, i beg to differ, they are easily parried, which quickly leads to her demise as she got a very low health pool. She got moved to B from C because when properly used as a counter-attack by utilize deflects, and the indirect buff from being able to do her triple stab from a blocked warden zone (which was one of her biggest problems) she is now actually scary in many cases."
Isn't her Heavy canceling into a bleed a mixup?
Maybe I'm a shitter but I've found that a mix of dodge attacks into light combos can take down many people.

Ubisoft shut it before end of the last turnand Viking s were ahead

That was pretty damn autistic too, but holy shit, the vikings' outrage was amazing.

I guess the weebs are the only ones suited for the win.

The 4th Crusade has yet to begin Filth

needs yakketi sax

Loved every moment of it, had no connection issues, don't give a shit about War of the Fagnations, and get friends.

What time will the game be available to play this Tuesday?

youtube.com/watch?v=8IrO0uNi72I
youtube.com/watch?v=fr0IrgYZgcE
youtube.com/watch?v=U0YrG4pI004
youtube.com/watch?v=t8EwzisBEHc
youtube.com/watch?v=fRfDHmUuD3g
youtube.com/watch?v=d3TDxXXpDhA

DEUS VULT. OFFICIAL COMFY MUSIC THREAD

the game is melee based

why do I get instakilled by the butt bump but never seem to kill the people I do it to?

perfect

Anyone know when the greenmangaming sale will end? I can't find it anywhere in the store page.

>Fourth crusade
Proving crusaders were a bunch of money loving idiots and killed fellow Christians
>Wew

Turn timer was 7 hours, right?

Someone explain this to me

In real life an archer would have 1 shot they could get off at most.
Then they would be dead because in order to draw a bow they would have to be wearing little to no armor.

That's like asking to have cavalry in the game to represent the 3rd arm of ancient warfare

Is there a way to dodge projectiles? Like rolling at the perfect time maybe?

why the fuck did you put that retard's hot takes in the OP?
kill yourself

I AM THE LAW

>knights win the open beta
>worldwide flood of salty vikang tears
ftfy

>Implying she isn't Gilgamesh levels of broken
GATES OF APOLYON

Samurais theme song?

youtube.com/watch?v=jbJCTxHrJww&spfreload=10

This is maximum size at the native resolution of the original video. The original video quality was ass in itself.

I made it just now 4u

gameplay trailer for Nobushi literally says she's wearing clothe

>Is there a way to dodge projectiles? Like rolling at the perfect time maybe?
Yes, you can dodge them

Only good crusade was Norwegian Crusade.

>Ubisoft shut it before end of the last turnand Viking s were ahead
Really?

because webm for bakas is fucking awful for optimizing filesizes

>since launching on steam still makes you open the uplay client
>still makes you open the uplay client

Wait wat. I'm slightly retarded and I just buy all my games on steam because it's fucking easy and I can refund shit easy if I don't like it.
So If I bought the game on steam, I'd still have to open Uplay to play it?

What would I do if I didn't buy it through Steam?
Would I still be able to use steam to invite friends to games, or would I have to use the Uplay client for that?

Once in breaking I just kept sliding down a ladder and climbing back up it solely to survive for longer and distract people.

>that breath of air as he stands the poleaxe onto the ground
It's the little details in this game that I love

>You get to play as her

THIS IS AWOOOOOOOOVEMENT~!

The timer was not in 7 hour increments. I know it said that the last turn was always 7 hours ago, but it was really 5-6. The timer was never actually 7 hours.

you'd have to invite them through uplay either way

Yeah I'm not mad though cause it is a hollow victory for the knights like all the crusades were.

I haven't had any luck dodging them but I have seen a raider semi-block one. He just took something like 40% instead of 80%.

What do you guys think of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lS0EQC_Pkc0&feature=youtu.be

>closed beta
>join knights because knights are cool to me
>vikings win
>OK there's another beta coming
>gotta get that exclusive shit boyo
>hmm
>ask friend who's winning
>sams
>join sams, holy lead batman
>its OK its just for the beta
>knights go ham
>knights win
Fuck

>slaughtering your ancestors culture
knights were always vikings even if they dont want to admit it
>waging war against a pure culture that rejects multiculturalism
i think i have to sympathize with the samurais, dumb deusvult posters are the niggers of /fhg/

random connection issues but nothing really annoying besides the game locking up about 50/50 if a lobby lost too many people to stay open.

did somebody just say GATES?

because I'm pretty sure I just heard somebody say GATES

that's what you get traitor

PK's Stealth Feat makes it so you can't be locked on by ranged attacks. (They have to aim)

>vikinga win closed beta
>"..."
>knights win open beta
>FUCK YOU KNIGHTS WE ACTUALLY WON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's with the awful chatting system in this game?

There's no log, it auto disappears forever, plus in the downtime between matches it just randomly fucking stops you from chatting.

Also the friend system. Why do I have to invite my mate again for every game? What the fuck is ubishit doing?

Why does bringing up the overlay also show my mouse in the middle of the screen forever without disappearing during the game?

Is this an indie game?

>ching chong text

Don't have have to open it to know it's shit combat with two gooks that are pussies and won't attack each other

>The City of Vikings
>The Municipality of Samurai

Well fuck time to kill myself

Orochi and Lawbringer are S tier.

well there goes my effort into reconstructing the actual timeline rather than turns

youtube.com/watch?v=ElDepN6mSY4

>side step and slash one trick pony
>S tier

roooiiiggghhtt..

The only S tier is warden.

here, have some LAW (and shitty mic audio)
youtube.com/watch?v=0ImVh7AIcnM