/fhg/ - For Honor General

KNIGHTS WIN edition

>retarded opinion about characters:
pastebin.com/SwLt5MWg

>Wikis with mostly useless info:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>faggy friends shit sign up:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>view faggy friends here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>No discords allowed

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1Sbw6XEwD4
store.ubi.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>closed beta
>join knights because knights are cool to me
>vikings win
>OK there's another beta coming
>gotta get that exclusive shit boyo
>hmm
>ask friend who's winning
>sams
>join sams, holy lead batman
>its OK its just for the beta
>knights go ham
>knights win
Fuck

That's what you get for being disloyal. I would fight for god alongside my knightly brothers and sisters even if we lost one million times in a row in till we took the holy land.

never forget

Can I preload the full game on steam using the open beta files to reduce the download size, or does it use that encrypted files mumbo jumbo so nobody can play it?

Where is Jerusalem on that map?

Deus vult posters please go back to gsg

There were going to be extra goodies for 1st and second place, right? Anyone know what they will be yet?

Everything you downloaded for the beta is useless for the full release.

POST EM

Who else gonna refund the game if Lawbringer turns out to be just as shit as Raider in 1 v 1?

Any early copies reveal if there are alternate controller layouts?

Xbox can't swap triggers and I want lock on mapped to left stick

>winner decided by the amount of territories controlled on the last turn
>not by the amount of territories controlled overall
Thanks Ubisoft.

Should I get the gold edition or just standard?

Preordered the deluxe edition but it's just cosmetic shit so thinking of either going standard or splurging 100 buckaroos for gold cause this game is addicting.

What edition did you guys preorder?

S tier next to Orochi

Staph

I bought the standard.
If i'd decided earlier, i'd get the deluxe when it was the same price as the regular one on GMG.

Depends.

Lawbringer was argueably the worst in 1v1, but he got some good tools for 4v4, especially the shove that interrupts actions in a good area and sweeps.

The charge and swoop can isolate too.

But sorry, he is a meme in duels friend.

Gold for the same price as retail on ubisoft on GMG.

Still dunno if it was worth it. 20.000 steel value champ status and free heroes aint so bad tho.

But it really depends on how expensive the new ones are gonna be, and the champ status is kinda useless outside of xp boost because you get enough salvage already.

If only it gave steel, because the champ status is literally useless outside in 1v1 and 2v2.

>PC version on sale for 20% off on GMG
Fuck I didn't even know that, unfortunately I'll be getting it for PS4 because my friends are all on it. Shame cause when I played the beta on PC the graphics were even more amazing than the PS4 one.

>>winner decided by the amount of territories controlled on the last turn
second to last turn

That doesn't mean every AAA game is worth $60.

i dont know who to trust

is the release diff for eu and us?

>#notmybetawinners
>ubishit
>fraud
>the reward looks like shit
>I didn't want to win anyway

>what is call of duty
A massively popular FPS brand name franchise that caters to casuals

It's everything that For Honor is not.

maybe

twitch tv/videos/121546322

reminder that this game needs to be fixed before this becomes a regular occurence

Well most people I talked to said they dont want to spend more than 30 bux on it.

I don't know the answer, but if you can upgrade to gold/deluxe after release, the optimal choice would be to pre-order standard for the preorder bonus and upgrading if you see yourself playing even more and you would like the extra stuff

Let's have that debate again about how you're pinko scum who doesn't understand capitalism

A-am I allowed to join the knights when the game comes out? I realize now that samurai is trash and doesn't have cool armor like you faggots.

I can buy the Season Pack later if I opt for the Deluxe, no? Would I lose out on Sunbeam Emotes?

So do we know what the Lawbringer's kit is? I know he has unblockables on some attacks from that video that got shared a while back, as well as a throw that tosses the target over his shoulder, what else?

how early can we expect a sale anyway? I don't know how ubisoft operates

but I assume at least couple of months since it's a tripple A game/studio

>But sorry, he is a meme in duels friend.
literally the only reason i was going to buy this game ;_;

I wouldn't have minded the emblem for a collector but really it was up in the air who would win until the last update.
I will join weeb just to offset your treachery.

>hurr durr capitalism

That's great, but the game isn't worth $60, much like most AAA games.

fix your stutter/swear it off then yes

We dont know if he got buffed, same with shokugi.

Trust me, i love those two, and i hope they got some tools or fast frames for 1v1 in the meantime.

But dont go in expecting Lawbringer to be a long-range warden

Just check whatever service you're using.
For my timezone (Mountain Daylight) on Xbox it says 10pm on Feb 13th

>Beta is over
>Had my doubts about buying the games because I have no fun with randoms
>Decide to buy it anyway
>Try to get the 20% discount
>Opens a webpage in browser
>Doesn't load, pic related
>Go to sleep
>Next day, try again
>Doesn't load, pic related
I was already not completely convinced about buying it, if I can't get the pre-order bonus AND discount, you can go fuck yourself, Ubishit.
Why everything on their servers is pure shit?

>how early can we expect a sale anyway?
depends on how it sells
if it sells like shit then 2-4 months, if it sells well then probably 6-12

That's disgusting.

literally me haha

>I personally want to pay $13, therefore they should charge $13
I think HumbleBundle games would be more to your liking.

>Lawbringer is basically just an armored Raider

>Chose knight accidentally because the game was in a different language and couldn't be changed until I got to the menu
>consider changing factions
>realize you can play any hero and just stick with knights
>win
ye

You guys don't get it.

Normies won't scourge the internet to find dodgy Chinese key selling stores, they just go to the Steam store and think
>Hurr, 70 bux for Chivalry 2.0? Lol ill just wait for sales

Nobody will buy the game except for people like us, which results in the game dying and turning into The Divison.

buy it from somewhere else, try again til the last minute, or don't buy it we all make choices about what to do for everything what to eat, watch, wipe your ass with, this is no different

Does anyone know if the game is going to be performing as badly on ps4 as it did in the open beta?
I have a friend who will only play it on ps4 but I just can't see myself playing it with so many frame drops and performance issues in larger fights. My friend didn't even play the beta with me despite me telling him when it was going to be out.

dislike this poster

I'm not saying they need to charge $13 for it, but I'm not going to pay $60 for it because it's not worth $60. I'll just wait for it to sell for a cheaper price.

>shitty campaing
youtube.com/watch?v=U1Sbw6XEwD4 watch that video and then say thatt

>Chivalry 2.0
dislike normies

>>Start game thinking on being a cool samurai because muh anime
>>Find out there's an assassin class
>>Only play Peacekeeper but stay in the samurai faction

I won't be making that mistake on release.

so let him play on ps4 and you play on PC
what's the problem?

unfortunately uPlay is a hunk of garbage and doesnt seem to say anything

i think the uplay thing doesn't work with pre orders

gross
sort yourself

>70 bux
A FUCKING LEAF

Shitty campaign.

store.ubi.com/ has a countdown at the top. Who knows, maybe they fucked it up, but it says under 14 hours for me.

Worked fine for me, through a browser. Try chrome, I think FF seemed to not work for me.

Can't over generalize, you never know what could happen

R6: Siege seems to be doing good for itself even if people went "CS:GO 2.0". Support them Devs!

you could tell him how easy it is to plug a controller in/help him do it
i'd also mention the alt-tab for down times but he'd probably mention his smartphone/tablet if he has one

it's not cross platform

Will we be able to choose a new faction at the start of release, or will it carry over whichever you chose in the open beta because it's the same "season"?

>Every time you block an attack, you take 2 damage regardless.

>If you get parried, there's a very small window to also parry the incoming attack, or counter the incoming GB. Similar to the window for warden's zone, it would be the hardest thing to time properly. What would happen (between good players) is there would be a chain of parry after parry until somebody fucks up. But that's only if you're a korean.

This would break the "no attack" stalemate, because the better player is likely to be able to pull of a better parry combo than the other player. So if he goes for an attack, gets parried, he can then parry the incoming attack and start a parry chain, at which both players have an equal chance of failing.

AHAHAHAHA

WHO ELSE WANTS TO FEEL THE BLADE OF THE MOST VERSATILE WEAPON EVER INVENTED

HEY KID, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO FIGHT WITH ME?
I SEE YOU'VE GOT SOME BALLS, BUT YOU'RE GONNA REGRET IT, WHEN I CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF WITH MY POLEAXE

EITHER WAY IT'S PATHETIC

100% right, read the fine print, it doesn't work on pre-orders

>Every time you block an attack, you take 2 damage regardless.

That already exists (for heavy attacks, don't know the exact damage number). It's just that the chip damage is so little it's a nonissue. If you constantly block heavy attacks for the entire round time you will have only lost a bar or two of health.

I think increasing chip damage on heavies and adding chip damage to lights will be a good first step. It will incentivize parries more which will help allow feinting to properly open people up.

Also I don't know if parries can actually be OS'd like that guy said but if that's true it needs to be fixed.

same, looks like midnight cet for yuros at least

i saw a timer on that exact page when i started the preload 2 hours ago, weird

the game will restart everything

R6 Siege didn't sell a lot of copies, especially at first it just has a dedicated user base despite not being that large.

That also does not negate anything he said.

It doesn't carry over, so you'll be prompted to choose a new faction. You can also choose one any time from the Social menu, although it disqualifies you from Steel rewards for the current round (or the big-boy rewards at the end of a season if it's the last round).

you can change factions during the 'season' freely
you just forfeit all of your war effort stuff and the gear dismantling mats when you do

>Symbols on your garments
>Symbols on your helmet

In the end who do you think will have the most wins all up?

Vikings, Knights or Samurai

His computer is probably not good enough to handle the game, and despite him having had a job for some time and claiming a good pc is a priority for him I don't see it happening any time soon.

>not showing your allegiance on your surcoat

only Faction War is cross platform, actual fights are not

I already made a choice, it's just that I'm not completely sold on the game and I'll only buy if I get pre-order and Deluxe bonus and a nice discount.
I usually buy directly from the platform retailers, so I don't know good and reliable ones for this game.

It doesn't? I think another user from here tried and it worked.
Also, says it worked for him.

I'm using Chrome but it won't load.

It helps to realize For Honor is made by Ubisoft Montreal, same team that made Rainbow Six Siege. This game is literally Medieval Siege, rather than Chivalry 2.0, Mordhau, or Mount and Blade.

If the devs support For Honor as hard as they did Siege, this game will be just fine.

Samurais are going to come at full force this time around and get their first _WIN_

well, that's pretty terrible, shit

AD MORTEM INIMICUS
D

M
O
R
T
E
M

I
N
I
M
I
C
U
S

green man gaming is a approved by ubisoft

if he's not getting a comp cause he wants to make one, convince him to get a stop gap solution, i have a laptop that has a gtx860m that runs for honor fine, not at max settings except for character models

I like this smile

dis we have a faction poll/docs in here?
what's the ratio of /fhg/ faction choice?

Tell him you didnt like the game in beta
and secretly play on pc.

mm yes.... really wacks the ol head hack

haha, deus vult guys :D :D

>If the devs support For Honor as hard as they did Siege, this game will be just fine.
Quoting you, you never know. It could be a complete flop. It could sell millions. It's probably just going to be siege 2.0. Poor sales but the people who buy it play it religiously.

yeah it would be cool though

what time is it released GMT tomorrow should i get the day off work?

will NOT be giving YOU the answer to THAT question