/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12329033
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819076586&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rock the boat!

Ten more hours until trailer!

CHOSEN

Sometimes this game is just way too awesome feeling

Did I kill the old thread because I announced 1 month from now I would play that piece of Medi2 modding cocaine that is hyrule total war?

Sigmar's Son's againt Black Orcs? Jeesh what were you thinking?

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

>give 90% of my crops away to some elf-loving cucks
No thanks

>implying you'd be smart enough to actually dislike that deal

Stop fucking memeing about HTW, you mong. It's not even the most egregious med 2 mod.

It would grant you protection, and one of the most peaceful lives possible for humans in the world.

It's not great, but it's a less violent life than say, the Empire.

That may be true, but it lacks the self-awareness of Planetwar.

That would be Planet Total War
Imperial Knights dont treat there soldiers like meatbags

Oh fuck I'm out for a day and I miss this gem.

I just bought Warhammer.
What faction should I play if I like armies of small, elite units?

>Imperial Knights dont treat there soldiers like meatbags

They sure don't, but they're also warring a lot more often in the Empire. For most threats in Bretonnia, the knights and yeomen can handle it, only for the occasional big threat do they levy the peasantry.

>Albion, Cathay, and Nippon

I know right.

Sounds like Chaos to me. HAVE FUN WITH THE ABSOLUTE WORST CAMPAIGN EVER.

Dwarf's are for you

When is Arena going to be playable again?

Stunties and Warriors of Chaos.

I could see Nippon as a joke, and they just reuse Shogun 2 assets. And not even like, actual Nippon, just a expeditionary force or some banished clan working as mercenaries.

That would be pretty boss to be honest.

Thanks anons, I'll try dorfs.

They could even work as a hand in hand addition with Dogs of War.

Nah, like a Clan Eshin DLC with a weird interpretation of them.
Like instead of just ninja assassin rats you get yari ashigaru rats.

The unit I'm most excited for with bretonnia are questing knights.

Cheap but good and durable armor piercing anti-large cavalry. less of a charge bonus than regular bret cav but good at taking out elites.

That would be hilarious but at the same time Eshin is one of the big 4 for the Skaven so I'd be surprised not to see them represented anyway.

I'd love to see Grail Knights, if they make them like the should be in the lore, near unstoppable forces but very few in number.

Though chances are they'll remain the same as they in game already, average unit size for cavalry, and only using lances.

I could dig a Dogs of War DLC. Exotic soldiers that can be recruited instantly, balanced out with an unholy upkeep, also balanced with a randomized pool of what is and what isn't recruitable.

Alright lads let's decide for good.

strawpoll.me/12329033

Grail knights are amazing though.

could have a buff to their damage resistance, but they're beast. They have insane charge stats. which is befitting lance cavalry.

Their charge is powerful enough that usually armor or large targets don't really matter.

But a bit more toughness. Like lore of life or beast magic could also help. The fey enchantress was always a great lore of life user. In the book she could take any lore. Which when i played usually meant using either light or life. Life with its huge boost to toughness, or light for just making grail knights tear through units. Also her chalice always allowed her to cast a random heavens spell. would be neat if it was incorporated as an item. even if it ends up just being lightning bolt.

To be fair, there's a difference between tabletop representation and lore representation.

It'd be neat if their upkeep was based on how much you're willing to pay them. If someone else will pay more, then you'll lose control of them to the higher bidder. Like you type in what your willing to pay for their upkeep, and it can be a bidding mechanic.

As a long time fan of warhammer and bretonnia.

Its obvious.

Its Blood knights. with Marked Chosen knights afterwards, and grail knights 3rd.

That said. Giles and Abhorrash are bros2deth

Sorry, I should have specified. The poll is meant to be completely fluffy.

>Grail knights are amazing though.

Sure but their representation could be better, it's weird to have them be the same size as a normal cavalry unit.

Also they should switch to sword when in combat, after the initial charge.

Well by the fluff, grail knights can do shit like kill greater daemons with just a touch, and emit light which banishes undead.

Weird to have full unit size of the other elite knights as well.

Make the units progressively smaller, of course!

I think it works.

On table top though any unit of grail knights would probably out number blood or chaos knights almost 2-1. with grail knights usually deployed in groups of 9 compared to the other units 5.

so taking in to account that they're fighting equal number of superior cavalry i think they do well.

I can't wait for questing knights though since I think they'll pair well with grail knights. Questing knights sitting in a combat pinning a unit in place while the grail knights cycle charge. and with both units only being slightly more expensive then the opposing cav. Questing knights as armor piercing very armored and shielded cav is going to be really great. even if they don't get anti-large they'll be a good compliment in cav battles against elite cav.

That would be cool, although someone else being able to pay more may be relevant on the culture.

Perhaps a rival imperial province, or a bretonnian kingdom, or a southern nation, or Fortress Kislev... or even a Dawi clan.

I don't imagine Dawi mercs would take a contract offered by the Von Carsteins or an Orc.

Perhaps divide the Mercs into 2 groups based on which faction they'd be more likely to serve?

If it bothers you that much, you can use PFM to shrink the unit size.

I'm pretty sure Dogs of War can be taken by anyone. They always work for the highest bidder.

It doesn't bother me at all, it would bother me if one was changed and not the others.

there's a dogs of war regiments of renown mod. its actually pretty neat.

Anyone but brets, Brets never use mercenaries.

Only armored shepherds in certain regions.

Dwarf: Very well, you filthy defiler. What's the pay?
VC General: This dark energy that comes from corpses and other fucked up stuff.
Dawi: No thank you, goodbye. I will mobilize my clan 500 years from now to lay your keep to waste. Have a good day!

This?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819076586&searchtext=

i dunno about that one. but why not. its pretty easy to mod warhammer.

I tend to play vanilla though since I hate cheat mods and I like to play multiplayer too.

I really hope expansion two adds an avatar conquest like multiplayer.

Worst attempt at dressing up as Balthazar Gelt ever.

>Tfw he fought Khorne's waifu to a double K.O.
What a mad man

Wrong. Ludwig Schwarzhem killed Valkia the bloody. Kurt got stabbed trough the eye by Otto Glott.

How large do you think lore-wise could the Empire field an army if they summoned every single state in the combined Empire and emptied their treasury?

Could they surpass a great army numbering 100,000+? How large-scale are the Warhammer fantasy battles in the actual fluff?

Feels bad that we got that bitch boy sigvald instead of valkia.

That depends on so many factors.

Feels good that Slaanesh finally got some representation.

Tfw Slaanesh sent his/her/it's least effective champions to aid Archaon in the end times because Slaanesh didn't want the world to end. Slaanesh was the good guy all along, praise /d/.

Moot subfaction when?

Halfling armies when?

never

:c

There are already enough manlets in game.

I think if they ever did combine forces they would easily surpass 100,000 soldiers.

The thing is with the Empire, they are so used to getting fucked on so many different fronts, that it's rare to see state troops from different states fighting together. There are exceptions when there are huge battles, usually ending in the deaths of several characters (see Marius Leitdorf fighting alongside Karl Franz at the 3rd battle of Black Fire Pass).

I wouldn't consider End Times in this example simply because each sides numbers got bloated so much by merging all the factions together.

Best bet is to go by artwork in my opinion.

>tfw no flying bright wizard towers of Rhuin

What do people think about sharing replays. Especially multiplayer replays?

Today is the day?

Maybe

Do we know how Make War not Love is going to work this year?

I heard something about "community champions" aka it's out of our hands completely so Sega has an easier time rigging it, is that true?

Try in /wotg/
CA outsourced it to wargamming

When the Warhammer humblebundle I was thinking about getting it then I realized I've barely touched a Total War game since playing Rome a bunch in like 2005 despite owning a bunch on steam.

So I booted up Shogun 2 last sunday and holy shit I played like 8 hours a day all week and finally finished my first campaign. Chosukabe on hard. Tried not to save and load too much even after losing some big battles and had so much fun crawling my way back.

Only thing that sucked was is the AI is retarded when it comes to its navy and actually broken when it comes to naval combat. It's constantly throwing 2 or 3 ships into my big stacks of high level ships. Then during battle it will often not move ships or run them to the edge of the map. Apparently CA broke it in a patch and never fixed it.

I'm think I'm gonna do a medieval 2 campaign next then maybe get Fall of the Samurai because that looks cool as hell. The Warhammer universe is way too goofy for my tastes.

Pic related from a particularly epic battle during the campaign.

Quite some time since the last ROLLAN!

Anything but Dorfs!

SUMMON

Let's go, Sigvald baby!

>tentacles

b-baka!

>Finally get a few chaos hordes going
>Beat Sarthorael after he pulls more hordes out of his ass than usual
>Karl and the tree nazis start chasing me around the map with 6 armies
STOP
THIS ISNT FUN

Ew, does that mean Slaanesh is trying to "bless" me?

>1 off

Zog

Why so much hate for warhammer? It get the hate for ca being extra jewy but the game is fun. Is /v/ bleeding over?

>play Greenskins
>confederate
>they give me an army that has anywhere between 0 and 1 fightiness and less than 10% health on every unit

Slaanesh bless!

Is that he was such a shite chaos god that the others decided the fucking horned rat would be a good replacement

>Fight a 2v2 battle as bretonnians with wood elves as my allies
>against dwarves and empire
>They deploy in a corner forest.
>the forest is blocked by another forest.
>Indicate that i'm moving up to get my artillery in.
>wood elf player vanguarded on dwarf cannon
>enemy corner camping
>wood elf charges in with out me in support
>calls me a noob for not having my artillery engaged through the forest
>thinks i did nothing because he flew his lord 2 on 3 heroes while my heroes on horse back on the other side of the map couldn't support. them

Anyways it was stupid, fucking elves. Yeah I'm a noob with my 104 kill mounted bow yeomen and grail knight heroic wall I ended up having to kill the empire and then turn onto dwarf flank. my artillery did decent considering that most of the map they were crossing a forest.

Also my favorite unit in the bretonnian arsenal is the mounted yeomen. ranged against enemies that can out melee it, decent charge means they can do well against ranged or artillery on the charge and can shoot both going into and leaving combat while being decently fast. Mounted yeomen are great. heroic peasants are the best.

>Mounted yeomen are great.

I wish I knew how to do well with them.

All they do is fire wet noodles for me that barely hurt the enemy unless I have them sit still and concentrate on them for a minute or so but then that leaves them exposed.

I'm sad I didn't save that replay

But they're better in multiplayer where the AI doesn't have god tier micro. but you ideal want to shoot lightly armored big targets (trolls, crypt horrors, manticores) or other lightly armored unshielded infantry,

Stay away from enemy range units

UNLESS
1. they are occupied elsewhere
2. you are in their flanks or rear.

And by all means if you are in the flanks or rear your should be charging those missile units or artillery. since with a charge bonus of 10, they have 28 melee attack and 32 weapon strength and against the flanks/rear of those lighter units a charge is devastating.

and then immediately run out and while you retreat you fire some more shots into their disorganized rear while retreating.

and then when things start breaking you can use them to run down worth while units

In another game I had them get into melee with some wild rider units in woods. they escaped with only about 24 left. but after winning the rest of the cavalry engagement they were able to come back and still get 44 kills some of which where one wildwood rangers and others chasing down some fleeing woodelf infantry or engaging goblin cavalry forcing them off the field.

You have to manually use them for their best effects though, and only put them on skirmish mode when not directly microing them and their not facing against arrows.

I've had games where even though they don't get tons of kills, the ability to distract ranged units away from a more fragile to ranged pole arm line allowing them to close relatively unmolested.

Still another game. Used them to take out some dwarf cannons in a dwarf artillery build. which was good because he took two cannons and I had two trebs. So i really needed to keep my trebs alive.

Cossacks, anons, cossacks

I actually have the replay of this one so I'll take some screen shots and post them.

Here's the two forces.

here's my deployment

Can a 40k fan explain to me how a Slaanshi Daemonette would affect a Space Marine? Aren't they like supreme autists in that they don't feel many of the human emotions we feel (i.e. lust)? Also they're supremely brainwashed and devoted to the emperor from birth. Furthermore, they're adorned with human skulls, which are supposed to stun daemons. So, how would they fall prey to a daemonette?

And the dwarf players deployment. An army with a lot of armor peircing with quarrelers with great weapons and hammers, and two cannons. as well as the slayers. Also note that its a cannon army with a master engineer. with plenty of ranged support.

Especially tricky considering my army is a Peasant Crafstman trebuchet build, with two rank 6 trebs as artillery. So even though I brought artillery I'm wondering if I can actually win the artillery exchange. I need my artillery to take out his infantry. but I can't ignore the cannons with the master engineer.

Post Vampire chan.

How that happened, I have no idea.

Space marines don't have penises. so the slaaneshi daemonettes just kinda try to kill them the old fashioned way. using lots of wonderful pain. Taking pleasure in inflicting pain is also a way a space marine can fall. especially if its against the great enemey. Or other excesses. extreme adrenaline combat highs + stimms leading to greater thrills. Bonus points if the space marine was already fighting Khorne.

two seconds into the battle. its clear. I won't win a straight up artillery battle.

Sweet hit on those quarrelers though.

Slaanesh is more than just lust. You should think more along the lines of decadence and excess. An example would be noise marines seek perfect sound/music.

Its more obsession and desire than pure lust. Think the One Ring, or becoming so much of a glory-hound that you actively fuck people over to gain all the recognition

I was under the impression that Trebs were really good and that they did a shit load of damage, more so than Grudgethrowers.

Marines can still fall to chaos, the hypno conditioning isn't 100% guaranteed to protect them. Standard procedure for marines that fought demons is mind wiping them to be sure.

Slaanesh can also take hold on your soul from pride, which the marines are all about, and other stuff.