/civ4xg/ - Strategy and 4X Games General

/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General
/cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

STARSECTOR EDITION -All hands to battle stations!

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wootz_steel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_steel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for whatever you want, Anons.

I fucked up the OP desu

How? I didn't notice. Then again, I didn't read the OP.

Didn't get rid of the old edition.

Playing Civ 6 for the first time. It's not so bad. I just have to get used to the visuals.

And the stupid quotes.

But he's a real human bean

I am fond of betrayal.

pee pee poo poo wee wee moo moo

Dude, pigs are great. Fuck you.

*rams you with spiral penis*

No need to get lewd.

That's no ram.

I want to buy Civ V Complete Collection and Civ VI, probably deluxe. Which discounts should I aim for on them?

I'm ok on waiting, as long as I get to play them this year.

>Civ V Complete Collection
all of them
>Civ VI, probably deluxe
100%

>all of them
All of them what? I'm asking the discount % on steam I should be waiting for before I buy it.

>100%
memer

>that cannon
I am hard now. I want to see it in action.

>which discounts
Spring I think has a sale. The summer sales are always a thing
Keep your eyes out because sometimes there's weekend / weeklong sales for Civ that are like 25% off, which imo is good enough for CiV.

>Civ VI
The 100% off discount, it's literal shit

pigs have spiral penis too?

Laddo fucking delete this

Upcoming species/ship/city pack ideas, go.

what is this laddo meme?

more plants

/brit/ I'm guessing.

I got mine for $12 about this time, it's a six year old game so getting MAXIMUM discount shouldn't be a problem.

A non organic pack featuring crystals rocks and cybernetic organisms.
Non mod version of robots with non organic traits and playstyle.

Pure energy beings.

aquatics

It's kinda odd to hear so badly from VI here, most people I've spoke with (outside of Veeky Forums) said that VI expanded on everything V did well, but still had some issues and rolled back some qualities, like every Civ release (their words)

So it came as a surprise for it to not be seen as even having some sort of potential after some patching.

Potential is a beautiful word, but as of right now they don't even have modding tools, the tech tree is wiped, the progression is generally fucked, the UI is terrible, the quotes are garbage, the AI is not even interested in winning so much as making you fucking miserable, and so on.

>tech tree is wiped
>quotes are garbage
>AI is not even interested in winning so much as making you fucking miserable

Would you care to expand in these points? Especially the first and the last. Never heard of this.

>Never heard of this
Dude, I never played Civ VI, but even I know about the AI settling near your borders and then getting pissy, and when you capture their towns, they're all empty.

>tech tree is wiped
The tech tree progression is just fucked, you'll be researching the A-bomb in 1200, there's techs that are just dead ends (like ARCHERY), the civic tree is a neat idea but 90% of the civics are completely useless so you ignore them, you can research artillery before you research gunpowder iirc, etc.

>AI
The AI, first of all, is almost always at -10000 towards you for no apparent reason. They declare war on the slimmest of pretexts and seem to think that 1000 spearmen are a match for even a single gatling Corps.
They also do shit like settle cities in utterly shit locations right next to your borders, spam missionaries and apostles like nobody's business, and are just generally cunts.

>6 flight decks
Holy fuck

I'm looking at the tech tree right now and Gunpowder is a prerequisite for Ballistics and Steel.

There's some really fucked paths, when it came out everyone was talking about it
I forgot what the completely fucked combos actually were. What about the route to advanced artillery or whatever gives you riflemen / infantry? I remember clearly there was at least one gunpowder unit post-Niter that didn't need you to research gunpowder
Oh yeah speaking of that shit
>research iron working
>look for iron
>there's like three stacks on the entire map
>research coal mining
>there's maybe one deposit on your continent if any exist.
Also the navies are utterly useless which is why Harald-kun is trash, and the maps are too fucking small.

Spiritualists should get a third AI personality that's halfway between Evangelising Zealots and Spiritual Seekers.

Materialists have Erudite Explorers between Peaceful Traders and Ruthless Capitalists.

>Gunpowder is a prerequisite for ... Steel.
Doesn't this seem kind of off to you

Infantry from Replaceable Parts do not require Rifling, if that's what you mean.

No there's one that doesn't require gunpowder unless they patched it out
It wasn't the only fucked up line either, I just haven't really played it for months so I don't remember it personally anymore.
>STILL no modding tools
Maybe if they released it we'd be able to fix their game for them, as it is I'm back to Civ IV

Things that don't require Gunpowder:
Frigates
Ironclads
Biplanes
Submarines
AT Crew
Fighters
Rocketry
Satellites
Nuclear Submarines

They must've patched it out then, there was a far more glaring one before.
what the fuck are all those things attacking with then, E&M railgun AT crews?

Oh and speaking of units there's also the problem of two few units in general. The advancement feels kind of fucked and the old problem of "by the time I actually make two archers they're obselete".

>Gunpowder is a prerequisite for Steel
I don't really see where the problem is.
>and for Ballistic
What? Trebuchet were a thing.

>Gunpowder is a prerequisite for Steel
>I don't really see where the problem is.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wootz_steel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_steel

>I don't really see where the problem is.
The chinks were using blast furnaces by the Tang era. They didn't have gunpowder then.

I didn't mean to imply it was a problem.

The implication is that we are talking about higher grade or more mass produced steel.

No, I mean...
Why do you need gunpowder to make steel? Steel is iron+copper, right? You just need high temperature furnace, right?

>higher grade
Damascus Steel was pretty goddamn high grade user and Chinese steel wasn't in any way shit-tier either.

Steel is carbonized iron so yes, you need a suitably high-temperature furnace and the ability to purify it and all that
It's not exactly simple but it's not related to gunpowder in any relevant way.

Keep reading.

Nigga what?
Damascus Steel based off of the production practices of Wootz steel was legendary even by today's standards, and people have been trying to replicate it ever since the technique was lost.

Toledo steel was also exceptional. If we're talking about Steel mass production then name the fucking thing something like "Modern Steel Manufacturing" Especially when "Steel" on its own was a medieval tech previously.

Okay, I just said it wrong.
I meant to say I don't see any relation between these two. Ballistic clearly predates gunpowder, but I really don't see the relation between gunpowder and steel.
Maybe if you needed dynamite to mine, but...

Right that's what I'm saying
Neither are related in a relevant manner. Ballistics KIND of makes sense because it suddenly became a lot more important due to the increased range and firing rates of field artillery, but steel...nah.

Yeah it's retarded but then again >Civ VI

>mass production
First off again >China, because China does everything big bigger biggest. Secondly "Steel" obviously refers to, you know, steel. Not the Bessemer Process or something.

Well, ballistics was already relevant before.
Cough cough catapults trebuchet cough cough.

>or
>more
>mass
>produced

>First off again >China, because China does everything big bigger biggest. Secondly "Steel" obviously refers to, you know, steel. Not the Bessemer Process or something.
You're being silly. Steel refers to anything related to steel. The tech tree doesn't mean humanity is supposed to first discover how to make the very first crude bit of steel in the late game.

I'm too tired to argue this right now.

You could've just said onagers and ballistae, Romans literally had people whose sole job was to figure out where shots would land.

You know, for someone who tells a person to keep reading you seem to have a hard time doing so yourself.
Also, the logical "OR" function means that as long as any of the statements are true the entire statement checks out. A statement of [ ... higher grade or more mass produced steel] requires only that steel be higher grade, or mass produced, or both. You don't need both.

>Maybe you should take your own advice and read more.

>The tech tree doesn't mean humanity is supposed to first discover how to make the very first crude bit of steel in the late game.
Except as has been repeatedly pointed out, Wootz, Damascus, Toledo, and Chinese steel was of high quality and Damascus and Chinese steel was produced in massive quantities. In fact Wootz steel was too, to the point India had an entire export trade based on exporting quality Indian steel.

Sorry, I still have the Age of Empires approach where ballistae and just oversized bows and onagres aren't for precision.

>tfw Chinese scorpion spam or Celtic onager spam

cute

What's everyone playing right now?
Playing some AoE2 myself.

FINALLY

Playing some Tera, but I want to play a RTS later. Cute Seija by the way.

And humanity figured out how to make much much more steel much later on.

My first Civ 6 victory.

Yes, then name the tech something like Bessemer Steel, The Bessemer Process, or Modern Steel. Not just "Steel".

Then write a long email to Firaxis about how you the player cannot tolerate them simplifying the names for normies without Wikipedia degrees like your or me.

Started a sovereignty crown of kings campaign (Kazoth)

Will continue that after work

How does converting cities work in Civ 6? Do missionaries do anything once the city religious circle amount reaches the maximum? I used several missionaries on a city that was 60% Confucianism 40% Islam and nothing seemed to be happening. Apostles seemed to work a little though.

Also how do you reform your religion in Civ 6? I won the game and all the religions in the game still didn't have those two last religios tenet slots filled.

Pretty sure they've already learned that appeasing the normalfags doesn't work.
I saw let's plays of Civ 5 all the way from launch to the civ 6 launch. Civ 6 let's plays mostly disappeared after a month despite the game technically being more complete than 5 ever was at launch. And the reaction to Civ 6 was mostly the same, "It's shit".

Civ V vanilla was much simpler than Civ 6.

I obviously don't have a problem with people not liking certain games, but I hate it when they make up their mind and then start making shit up about why it''s bad in order to justify their opinion.

Civ V vanilla was so fucking bad holy shit.

And yet it still held on longer than Civ 6.

Don't remember it well, when did civ v get mod tools again?

I'm not sure anyone understands why they don't like Civ6. All I know is that people were mad about Civ V for years but at least they were talking about it.
Civ VI has been greeted with universal indifference.

I mean I played CIV a bit at release, made a break and came back again. I will do they same with CIV I . I also feel the 4x market is much better saturated then back during CIV V release.

In Stellaris there should be an option to send diplomatic messages to multiple Empires.
If the whole galaxy closes their borders to me I shouldn't have to go to each and every fucking empire to return the favour.

How do you get teams going on CIV 6?

so with the removal of the fast and insystem jumping what advantage odes hyperlanes have that offset its MASSIVE drawbacks?

Absolutely none. It was the worst method before and now it is totally trash-tier

thats great fucking design right there, where can i reverse that shit? I liked hyperlane only runs.

Also, how can i make all enemies spawn in the middle of fucking starts so i dont constanly jump into niggers?

Soo I just ran a new game and I started right (literally right) next to an Enigmatic Fortress. How fucked am I?

You're fine? I mean as long as you dont go into that system it wont kill you.

You're grand.
It can't touch you if you stay out of it's system.
Just wait until you have 80k fleet and wipe it out.

> invisible transsexual ayy lmaos
Help

PURGE

So for all of the other Aurora players that MIGHT inhabit this place right now, i need to know. Why in the fuck are my Gauss turrets apparently incapable of having actual damage? I need to build this for AMM capabilities.

Individualist xenophile materialist
whyyyyyyyyy

Cool. thanks. Asked because I had some trouble with other space beasties fucking my shit up when I engaged them with small fleets. Wondering what kind of nifty stuff this one is gonna give me. Any tips on how to shut it down effectively?

I kept flying around the Enigmatic Fortress and it just didn't react to me the entire game.
Is it supposed to kill me? It just sat there, didn't open fire on me, my ships didn't open fire on it.

It's not. It's a fuckhueg research opportunity, but it won't attack you if you don't fly in its range.

I did fly in its range. I parked my fleet right on top of it. Nothin'.

Oh, I assumed you'd attacked it before. It's (supposed) to turn aggressive after you attack it once.

Dead end techs have been in Civ for a long time.

10 threads back people were explaining why they didn't like Civ 6. By now, everyone has forgotten the specifics because nobody plays it anymore.

>168214520
>168228096
>it's been explained why Civ6 sucks in this very thread
>"NOPE PEOPLE FORGOT"
This is so stupid I'm not even gonna feed you a (You).

You shoud be able to place robots on planets you havent properly colonized. The whole point of robots being able to work where you cant seems like it should be a given instead of first needing to colonize a planet. Maybe being able to make a robot outpost where you just cant put living units on would sopve that.