/vn/ - Aries Edition

Visual Novel General #1338

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/821365859969069056
strawpoll.me/7321229
vndb.org/v6357
vndb.org/v8606
vndb.org/v11343
vndb.org/p5237
vndb.org/v19687
vndb.org/v18803
vndb.org/v14593
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

^_^

>Umi-user is back
I knew you wouldn't disappoint us again

Previous thread

I love you too, Umianon

You wanna hang out sometime?

Oh now you tell me

I only love boys.

Pls b a qt girl(female)

was worth a shot.

I can't really give a real definitive answer for what I want in a VN since I'm still very new to the scene(?). But I do enjoy a decent story, good humour and girls that aren't too one-dimensional. Its vague as fuck but I'm sure I'll develop some taste with time. I'm always lurking and keeping an eye out.

Well then maybe I will jump into the second then. Hopefully the supposed cliffhanger ending doesn't kill me.

As for playing Muv-Luv and other VN's, I'll probably continue the habit of posting the occasional screenshot and sparking discussion as I play through; hopefully I don't get spoiled too hard.

you can't only play moege and nukige user

you gotta play them plotgames one day

plotge is shit and only shitters read them

Yeah, bring them on. I'm just mildy worried of spoilers when it comes to big plot heavy stuff. It wont stop me, just slow me down.

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO THINGS I DON'T WANNA DO

kys

I unironically do not enjoy games that only focus on romance or cute things happening. I pretty much exclusively play VNs that have a driving, serious plot behind them with solid character interactions. The last VN I bought was Fata Morgana, which was pretty nice.

And you can't stop me.

>tfw I'll never find the door to Steins;Gate

>I can't really give a real definitive answer for what I want in a VN since I'm still very new to the scene
well you can give genres you're interested in right? we're actually really lonely so anytime a newfriend shows up and starts asking for recs it rekindles the discussion quite a bit.

I love Akane.

yh bruh im the same way. i'd only played KS a few years ago, then a week ago i decided to try VNs. I happened to play grisaia by luck cos it was on the recc inffographic and just joined.

Anyhoo, idk about 1dimensional, but i can recc Dracu-riot and i've only played 1 route so far but majikoi seems to match your description.

I'd say hold on from reading Muv-Luv until the steam version + director's cut patch of Alternative is out later this year. As a standard rec you could try getting into the TM VNs.

I've never been much of a 1 genre guy if you know what I mean. I love all sorts of shit and as long as it's not LN-tier pants-on-head retarded then I'm happy. I've only played KS and now Grisaia, and I really enjoy both so more of the same wont kill me either. For now atleast.

Since I'm new to VN's I'll probably just slowly burn through the big popular stuff, develop some VN taste, and then start looking for specific stuff from there.

Guess we're at roughly the same level, neat. Sounds like some good recs too, thanks.

I'll keep that in mind, how far away is it?

>I'll keep that in mind, how far away is it?
I think they said winter this year so kinda far away. There's still the fan-translated version but the quality of the steam one is higher. As a counterpoint to that, even the fan-translated MLA has a fucking great production value which still holds up to this day, the only thing I'd complain about is it not having a CG viewer.

I'll still call you a faggot if you skip Muv-Luv Extra.

okay I am getting mixed vibes from you /vn/

At first people were like it's a p good route but then people say this.

Is it a good route or not? The thing I liked about Makina's route and Michiru's route was that they took a like 'complex emotional turn'. I know that the flashback in amane's route does, but does Sachi's? I shed tears from the problems that Michiru and makina occured in life but will I shed tears in Sachi's route?

Yes or no?

>At first people were like it's a p good route but then people say this.

maybe different people have different fucking opinions

Are you fucking implying we're not a hivemind?
Fuck off Moogy.

Sachi's route got me way more emotional, especially when the ED song kicks in.

>implying /vn/ isn't just one person constantly replying to himself

I dunno, but I've heard the same thing. I've left her till last on purpose because of what I've read so hopefully it's good and not as bad as Amane's has been so far.

fucking yes. you will. probably
The people talking, i think, are just saying her personality shifts a bit. But honestly its not that bad.

>I shed tears from the problems that Michiru and makina occured in life but will I shed tears in Sachi's route?

"Sachi... why..."

Alright.

Thank you /vn/, I appreciate it. I only play these games to cry.

*actually, i just want to add, there are a couple of points of the story i didnt like at least, but they are nothing much and didnt detract from that good-route end screen in any way, at least to me. Fuck me, that killed me.

Play Narcissu.

>I only play these games to cry.

Just go outside if you want to cry so badly.

>Narcissu.
oh my god

this looks... very good.

Thank you user.

It's not good. I played it. Now I don't play VN anymore.
It's been years.

>that game description
fuck that

>utsuge

heh

I guess I'll read it

It get worse.

>utsuge
Qué?

I went outside once.
it wasn't bad, I honestly like walking around when it's dark out. It's pretty cold though user

>another fucking Amane H-scene
It just doesn't stop, slut doesn't do this girl justice. Fucking hell.

disgusting cowgirl

The one at the festival is the last one iirc

Guilty fuck is the best user, I can't ever get enough of it.

>804x604

One job.

nice job not including the previous thread section you JOP cretin

"Unfortunately current market conditions makes it unwise to support story heavy games."

Do you want to avoid that dark future and instead, get a happy ending?
Through determination, the dream became true.

>all those secretly unhappy heroines will never have anything THAT bad happen to them, because they never existed in the first place
is this what abortion is like?

The only happy ending we'll all be getting is when reality comes over to tell us we cannot keep living in these chinese power points forever.

sure we can
us playing erotic mongolian slideshows has no bearing on the infinite abyss that is the universe

>twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/821365859969069056

shots fired

What if we went and killed every VN heroine?
1 bad thing happening to them will prevent many bad things happening to them over their lifetime, so it's for the greater good.

Pretty sure he just meant that he was going to sleep.

We're always lurking.

daily maho!

Why are you awake then, it's 4am

>Makina is an aviation autist
I really love this girl.

which grisaia has Kazuki route?

Dutch, 10.39am

Wrong.
10:42 AM.

>when makina pulls that face and you know you're about to read some funny shit
you all know the face

Sorry.

Just woke up, can't do that.

>another Amane H-scene
Why. Fucking why. Get this cowtitted whore off my screen.

i have never read mitcher's route, does it involve her suffering from head trauma?

Yeah

Let's settle this right now

strawpoll.me/7321229

>Asked: Apr 15, 2016

>Almost 2 decades ago

Looks like I really am going to be here forever.

M I Z U G I

Pink a best

Pink tends to be

That's shit she picked up from Yuuji, she will start acting like a more insane little Yuuji.

Not always. For example, in your pic left a best.

Thank you for fixing the OP.

Maybe so, but she still has a distinct interest outside of being a copycat. Its cute.

ahhhh
awww

Insane people aren't cute.

Why are there so little milf heroine in vn. I need more milf heroine. Life is suffering

MILFs are for bullying, they aren't young like their daughters anymore.

But pink a breast

What vn is that?

milfs are old and busted

vndb.org/v6357

No full translation yet. Life is suffering indeed. No milf title for me to pass time

What do the items do?

They give an "extra" H-scene available after one fully corrupts a heroine. 3 items per girl, 1 per pair, resulting in 3 "extra" scenes per girl, and 1 extra threesome scene per pair. You can collect them at any time, they pretty much don't matter plot-wise.

Any chance this translation can actually finish or I shouldn't raise my hope at all?

Well it's about half done. So you only have to wait 3 more years.

I do enjoy a MILF titles too like that user. Any more recommendation for us MILF lovers?

The translation is going to be finished as long as I don't die. There's a sliiiight chance I do a partial patch with only 4 out of 6 heroines (cause the other 2 are notablyr inferior and got the short stick in both popularity and game content, so it wouldn't be a huge loss to release with their content untranslated) but I'm hoping to avoid that.
Current goal is to finish sometime in summer 2017.
I don't know too many milf games but here's the best I got, all untranslated:

vndb.org/v8606 - Standard, excellent nukige
vndb.org/v11343 - Strong attention given to characterization and plot, but kind of weird
vndb.org/p5237 - It's direct mother/son incest with these games which may not tickle your fancy but it's still Milf goodness.
vndb.org/v19687 - Anim has a lot of milf games like these (especially in their NTR division), I'm not too fond of them myself but worth throwing them out there.
vndb.org/v18803 vndb.org/v14593 - if you can get past the annoying DRM, these could be worth a try (also not my particular favourites)

I like loli femdom!