Is it a bad idea to have a lift kit installed on your car...

Is it a bad idea to have a lift kit installed on your car? My truck needs suspension work and I'm considering a 3 inch lift kit. Also, does lifting the car provide a smoother ride?

really need to do your homework on the ride. search forums etc. they all are different.

Generally it makes the ride rougher and more rattley than stock. It also lowers mpgs and makes the truck much slower around corners.

>needing a lift kit on another truck
just kill yourself you tiny dick faggot. we don't need anymore brotrucker with mall crawlers in the shithole country.

>Is it a bad idea to have a lift kit installed on your car?

Car, yes. Truck, not necessarily.

>Also, does lifting the car provide a smoother ride?

It can.

I always though height provided a smoother ride, I could see how turning corners would be tougher if the truck is lifted tho

It's 3 fucking inches, go be angry because you drive a 3k or less civic somewhere else

Explain?

>implying this hard

as expected from tiny dick faggot brotrucker.

>bad idea
yes
>smoother ride
absolutely not

Lol this Miata/3k civic poor faggot getting mad over 3inch lift.

I do not have lift kit on my truck but if I had to replace suspension I would consider 3inch lift.

The fact that you're this triggered over a 3 inch lift is sad. Sorry not everyone drives a boring 3k or less civic like you. Maybe you should mind your own business and stop thinking about the size of the guys penis everytime you see a car that's bigger than yours

When lifting any car or truck you have to do supportive mods (tie rods bushings ball joints etc..) to keep the ride as is. When cars are designed theyre designed with their ride height in mind so when you lift it you change the angles on the drive shaft/u joints/ transaxles you add alot of stress to those parts

If your truck is still in its warranty period then don't. Manufacturers are getting real uppity about lift kits, even if its installed by the dealer.

>projecting and implying this hard

typical brotrucker mindset, sperging and trying to defend a useless automobile

>Maybe you should mind your own business
Aww, am I hitting your softneve truck cuck?

this cunt can't even string together a coherent sentence

Despite that fact that I did string together a coherent sentence. Are truckfags this delusional? Does the benefits of having a lifted truck lowers your intellect in some way, I think so. No wonder you people aren't the brightest kinds of people.

Lifting a truck drastically reduces the life of the suspension and 4wd components.

An engineer designed that steering geometery, anything you do to modify it will be a trade off.

Then what's the solution for maximum handling and performance?
>trying this hard
Literally nobody cares what you think, you're just making yourself look like a faggot. did you get cucked by a trucker or something?

Normal people lift cars to get bigger tires installed.
>My truck needs suspension work and I'm considering a 3 inch lift kit.
If you are planning to fit bigger tires than yes. However proper lift is not cheap.
>Also, does lifting the car provide a smoother ride?
It all depends on components. If you put bigger tires than it gonna be smoother at potholes and speed bumps (proper bigger tires, not huge rims and thin rubber). All and all it all comes to stiffness of shocks and springs. Don't get "heavy duty" suspension of you are not planning to carry loads or put steel bumpers and winches on.

>An engineer designed that steering geometery, anything you do to modify it will be a trade off.

this. lifting your truck is intentionally sabotaging it for the sake of some aesthetic. if you're cool with that more power to you.

>An engineer designed that steering geometery, anything you do to modify it will be a trade off.
He engineered it to satisfy as many people as possible in the same time. Stupid drivers that don't know how to drive too.

>Literally nobody cares what you think
except you bother to reply anyway.

>you're just making yourself look like a faggot
yes because apparently, mocking someone who drives a useless fucking truck that sits high in the air makes me a "faggot".
>typical burger logic

But it's okay, feel free to let our your vented anger because I'm watching you sperg out over your mallcrawling queer mobile.

>did you get cucked by a trucker or something?
nah, just like watching you people become insecure.

>He engineered it to satisfy as many people as possible in the same time.

post your engineering degree. oh wait, you don't have one. you are talking out of your ass.

Not him but why is that hard to believe? The goal is to make a competitive, sellable car. I wouldn't be surprised if there is pressure put on them to design cars to appeal to the average ignorant individual. Throw in how many cucks are coming out from school nowadays and it makes perfect sense.

Yes!

>does lifting the car provide a smoother ride?

No!

Lifting raises your vehicles center of gravity further from the ground making it top heavy and more prone to roll over.

Lifting increases the angle of your drive shaft/s putting more stress on your U-Joints causing them to wear faster.

puts more wear on your shocks and suspension bushings as well.

Lift kits all round just fuck your vehicle up faster than stock.

Same goes for almost every aspect of car tuning. Bigger turbos stress engine parts more, lower and stiffer suspensions and low profile tires kill bearings and cause car body fatigue.
So what's your point? Stay stock - stay safe? Ok, mom.

Do i need one to understand such simple things? What are you trying to say? Pickups are no (((ultimate driving machines))) that were made to cut corners like katana. They just made to provide average and predictable in any aspect daily driving so that even idiot could drive it safely. If man wants to lift his truck for whatever reason he just needs to learn how it affected car controls and deal with it. He lost some cornering but gained suspension travel and can put bigger wheels now, maybe that is more useful for him?

>(You)

nice "argument"

typical brotruck cuck speechless as usual.

I drive a miata faggot

>(You)>(You)>(You)>(You)

Sure you do, the typical denial reply..

you can take your (You)s back, apparently I have no desperate needs for them.

It would seem you do since you keep replying

@16823568
Except you don't know the whole meaning behind the whole (You) meme, but i assume you're just a triggered brotrucker with no argument so you just resort to using the (You) comment anyway. Which is expected because try as hard as you may, you can't defend your lifted shit mobile because of how fucking stupid it was to lift it in the first place.

>16823600
I don't own a lifted truck

how much lift would i need to put semi truck wheels on my dually?

figure out what the outer diameter of 315/75/r22.5 is and measure up then it's just a matter of figuring out back spacing/fitment

>Then what's the solution for maximum handling and performance?
Leaving it as is, usually.

>315/75/r22.5
are 10" taller than my current 265/70-17tire

But I seriously do need suspension work, are there any good sites for sport suspension kits?

then replace the parts that need replcament with the appropriate replacement parts

Will a lift kit provide a smoother ride? Nope.
Will expensive shocks provide a smoother ride? Yes.
If you are truly wanting to improve your truck, go through the suspension and steering with high quality replacement parts. But don't cheap out on the shocks or on tires.
How much weight are on your current wheels right now for the balance?
Wanna take a bet on how many of your wheels are actually slightly bent causing a small vibration in the truck and steering wheel as you're driving down the road...? Same goes for those cheap Laotian made tires you got a deal on.

So you like the look of lifted trucks. Fine. But as some have already mentioned once you add those bigger tires and that lift kit you're decreasing the performance of your truck immediately.

You want a toy? get a dedicated mudtruck and fuck shit up with it. Then trailer it home with a nice clean comfy tow vehicle.

Added Bonus: Make money on the side towing home your friends broken down 300zx "project" or their stanced miata that ripped open its oil pan pulling into the mall parking lot.

Another Added Bonus!! Got a flat tire? Your factory spare will still work! No need to buy a fifth oversized wheel and tire combo. (Jeep Wrangler owners? We can still see that factory spare mounted on the back.)