WHAT IF

someone sets up a crowdfunding for a light 2 seater RWD sport coupe that utilizes only decades proven parts from big brands?
could crowdfunding and a fresh Veeky Forums startup company do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RKrQlUxZJ14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

like a brz?

the emphasis is on creating an actual Veeky Forums car. the epitome of autism

You could also 3D print a shit ton of parts nowadays.
Prototyping is no rocket science anymore.

Guys
Is Veeky Forums gonna build a car

I like your thinking. I wonder why there aren't more rogue manufacturers in the automotive world that fabricate enthusiasts cars. It seems like every mainstream commercially produced car is good in some areas but shit in others.

Like cmon, how fucking hard is it to just give me a LS1 roadster? It's literally the only thing anyone has ever wanted for the last 20 fucking years.

Flyin' Miata

There can never be an Veeky Forums car. It would be impossible to build because of pedestrian safety regs.

We have all the autism we need on board.

- Veeky Forums for the whole concept
- /diy/ for everything hands-on
- /gd/ and /3/ for creating the virtual design and later prototype 3D printing
- /g/ for engine management and head unit programming
- Veeky Forums for seat cover design
- Veeky Forums to keep us alive and get us coffee and beverage
- /tv/ for creating our advertising on youtube
- /pol/ for meme magic and morale backup

Veeky Forums for marketing and everything finance
Veeky Forums for streamlining it

One word: Regulations.

so what?

if parts used from other cars, for example like corolla engine, the emission shit should be already in the bag.
then plan out the passenger cabin rigidity and crumple zones and if the fucking pedestrian doesn't feel comfy fucking stuff a pillow under the hood if needed.
i'm sure there are ways if things are planned out cleverly.

>You could also 3D print a shit ton of parts nowadays.

3D printed parts have utter dogshit fatigue life. vibrations will crack your shit up.

clever engineering is expensive. there's a reason all cars redesigned in the last few years look the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=RKrQlUxZJ14

>/diy/ doing the hands on
yeah that's true because nobody on Veeky Forums actually owns a car, much less does their own work
>/g/ for engine management
what fucking world are you living in
fucking autistic italians I swear

Lotus already made one

i think the best Veeky Forums could come up with is a kit car using off the shelf components. a production car is completely out of the question.

You would need it to be built an a platform that was approved for road use.

>3D printed parts have utter dogshit fatigue life. vibrations will crack your shit up.
That's why he used the word "prototyping"

like a brz?

Yes, the BRZ is indeed an Veeky Forums car in the sense that Veeky Forums can't stop complaining about its shittyness