/utg/ - Undertale General

PTSD edition

Previous timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc
-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/C4h4xn5UkAAk5iI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXOmbUEAEA4bd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4ghcpVVYAAk3Qm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4h4xCOVUAED4AW.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXNhHVMAAg_JG.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CpiTdcmWEAAxX16.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CrYDuJfWEAIQDJJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4g8o-ZUEAA_cv8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4hLithVMAAlAEn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4icGbIVcAErLx4.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4h-omHVcAAkBXI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dsYWkWIAAq0E4.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4iMi-6UMAMkA_w.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4iTK3pVUAEWE0p.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXPwyUcAAcNnI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4hSV1iUoAA6JgM.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXQ5XUEAAploZ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4YslnbVYAIR-6D.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dbYFiVcAARzkb.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4deFgAVcAE-jFd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dweydVUAA7kQw.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4duWdkUcAEczx5.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4d-9eUUMAAmE4r.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4eEHTpVUAE01wm.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4eI7dnVUAEkVhy.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4esVwwVcAAdZG8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4d4nEwUoAAIKLp.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4eVG-pUcAAlO9L.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4hgiupUMAErMlW.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4iWGZKUcAAYFH7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CxszX7uUsAErS70.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dMwi8VYAIL7RH.jpg:orig
imgur.com/a/TSOrT
youtube.com/watch?v=s57FtD2HKLw
youtube.com/watch?v=nXVfBop7cIo
a.pomf.cat/hkrucv.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have to leave but take this real fast

>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4h4xn5UkAAk5iI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXOmbUEAEA4bd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4ghcpVVYAAk3Qm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4h4xCOVUAED4AW.jpg:orig
>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXNhHVMAAg_JG.jpg:orig
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/CpiTdcmWEAAxX16.png:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/CrYDuJfWEAIQDJJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4g8o-ZUEAA_cv8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4hLithVMAAlAEn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4icGbIVcAErLx4.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4h-omHVcAAkBXI.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dsYWkWIAAq0E4.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4iMi-6UMAMkA_w.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4iTK3pVUAEWE0p.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXPwyUcAAcNnI.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4hSV1iUoAA6JgM.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4gXQ5XUEAAploZ.jpg:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4YslnbVYAIR-6D.jpg:orig
>Amalgamates
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dbYFiVcAARzkb.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4deFgAVcAE-jFd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dweydVUAA7kQw.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4duWdkUcAEczx5.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4d-9eUUMAAmE4r.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4eEHTpVUAE01wm.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4eI7dnVUAEkVhy.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4esVwwVcAAdZG8.jpg:orig
>Ghosts
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4d4nEwUoAAIKLp.jpg:orig
>Kingdings
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4eVG-pUcAAlO9L.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4hgiupUMAErMlW.jpg:orig
>Fuku and skaeboard girl
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4iWGZKUcAAYFH7.jpg:orig
>Chara + Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/CxszX7uUsAErS70.jpg:orig
>Group
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4dMwi8VYAIL7RH.jpg:orig
>Goat Frisk
imgur.com/a/TSOrT

How do I simulate the feeling of Toriel being my mommy?

I still think storyshift did a lot of good at turning chara from a non-character into an enjoyable and deep character, with good motivations and a relatable, tragic backstory

say something nice about this frisk kid

they did save the world yknow

He didn't save anything, I did; he's just a toy, an extension of my power.

they are determined

They get along with the flower VERY well

Thanks Twitteranon!

>male frisk

cherish bone
good night

So many fish, so little time.

Early post for more Mettaton in /r/undertail

>femanons!

Goodnight!

I want to explore both the extremes of the cerebral and the visceral.

not even a femanon, i just prefer art where frisk is more androgynous/feminine

maybe im just a gaybo

I don't care about gender since they're canon nonbinary, but I do like it when people get the religion right, too

I didn't know the creator of storyshift came here.

Would Toriel consider a 21 year old boy who can't grow up emotionally as a child still and take them in?

damn i love those thicc jewish features MMHMMM

no

Post 'em

youtube.com/watch?v=s57FtD2HKLw

not the creator, just annoyed. people consistently shit on storyshift here, exaggerating everything to the point where it obviously looks bad and completely ignoring all the work behind and the rich backstory extensions it gives to many characters

and all just because they don't care about chara. that's fine, but doesn't make the entire au shit and at least someone tried to make them into a 3dimensional character, rather than a hollow caricature

meanwhile i keeps seeing the caretaker posted here, which is once again the tired old murderer-chara with no depth. it's really annoying.

You say that as if Storyshift's Chara isn't even more hollow and soulless than regular Chara

well, they aren't. they have a motivation, a clear love for their family, a duty to monsters and also very conflicted about their position in life.

that's significantly more than undertale had, and much more than the usual 'evil chara murders everyone' plots

Here's a little secret about /utg/ and storyshift
They hate it because it makes Sans into Asgore and thus a bad guy and because it made Undyne have actual flaws instead of a perfect dindu. Don't take their shit posting seriously

Nah, she'd roast you; and then she'd throw fire at you.

youtube.com/watch?v=nXVfBop7cIo

i should have guessed, really. sure, storyshift isn't perfect, but so much work has been put into it, especially to make the characters so much more than the base game

i still like undertale, but i'd prefer a storyshift fangame, than a sequel which would only ruin everything. and i'm not surprised utg doesn't like it for selfish, surface reasons, otherwise they'd give actual reasons rather than 'well it's hollow, it's soulless', those are just words

O-Oh, okay...

Chara in Storyshift is just the creator trying to make Chara into the cool badass condescending very depressed always crying night terror fanon Sans type of character, though.

>notice I haven't been getting alerts from Ammazolie for a few weeks
>maybe they died
>check their tumblr
>no they're still doin shit every day
>notice for some reason I'm not following them
>try to follow
>next day still not seeing updates
>check blog, it's still being updated
>says I'm not following
>follow, hit refresh
>not following
>get recommended a korean skelefag blog
>can follow that fine

Huh

>B-b-but it's okay when Sansfags do it!

this is what i meant by exaggeration: you have no examples, just spouting buzzwords. there's no night terrors, no crying over scarf, no badass one-liners, nothing.

all there is is a tormented, well-written HUMAN character, who struggles to find their place in a world of monsters.

Who are you quoting

>well-written
>""""""""""""""""well-written""""""""""""""""

is it true that talking to yourself is a sign of insanity

Depends
Do they talk back?

>buzzwords

that's all you can do. go jack off to all the killer charas instead, i'm sure you love them so much more, the onedimensional slasher villain who just smiles and kills, because that's totally what the game shows, right?

Nah, that's just prayer.

>that's totally what the game shows
Actually yes

So is Soriel a charafag? Ive seen them defending her before

>cool badass condescending
In Storyshift, Chara constantly acts holier-than-thou or is otherwise either passive-aggressive or otherwise downright mean for no particular reason, yet is somehow supposed to come across as likable nevertheless.

>very depressed always crying night terror
There was that huge, overlong, incredibly melodramatic restaurant scene where Chara starts going on about how they tried to kill themselves because they "thought it was too good to be true," remember? And don't forget, we haven't gotten genocide yet, so you just wait and we'll see Chara wearing Asriel's scarf for their super epic Stronger Than You fight.

>fanon Sans type of character
You take all of the above, and add in the fact that Chara takes up a vast majority of the screentime both because their scenes are so ludicrously long and because they hog the phone calls to themselves, to the point where Chara is blatantly meant to be the main NPC character, and you get fanon Sans, right there.

goodnight thread

not if you consider the narration, like you obviously should. they never actually hurt anyone and only killed themself for the sake of monsters, before getting corrupted by frisk committing genocide. and even then, they're just being rightful executioners. chara doesn't hurt anyone in the game

goodnight post

>charrator is real

Some individual lines, maybe, but there's no proof of anything beyond that. And yes they poison Asgore and attempt to use Asriel to commit mass-murder. Then they fail and use you to erase an entire planet full of people.

>In Storyshift, Chara constantly acts holier-than-thou or is otherwise either passive-aggressive or otherwise downright mean for no particular reason, yet is somehow supposed to come across as likable nevertheless.
didn't you pay attention to the backstory? they're like that because humanity cant be trusted, they hate both monsters and mages, so even humans like chara are in constant danger and mistreatment

>There was that huge, overlong, incredibly melodramatic restaurant scene
it was no longer than in the game and it's not melodramatic, but raher touching due to chara finally finding a person who seems reasonably decent and maybe worth trust. their motivation is clear, they were just too deep in awful self-loathing and seeing no woth in themself, clearly because of the bad things they got from humanity

>Chara takes up a vast majority of the screentime both because their scenes are so ludicrously long
they're no longer than the rest of the characters
>because they hog the phone calls to themselves
not true, asriel talks a lot and through hotland you mainly get asgore and for some reason that's okay??
>where Chara is blatantly meant to be the main NPC character
they're only as important as sans, the only reason they seem more so is because they're also human, so they are more significant to the happenings

Regular Chara succeeds because there's still a lot of room for ambiguity as to what Chara is really like and how they came to be this way, so even if you don't think they're likeable you still probably think they're interesting on some level.

Storyshift Chara fails because everything about them is explained with zero room for ambiguity and they just spend all their time acting like a jerk so they're neither likeable nor interesting.

So in other words your salty that Chara gets to be the badass instead of your amazingly sexy bone daddy? God forbid someone want to enjoy a character besides fucking Sans for once

>Regular Chara succeeds
Lol no

So you admit that in fanon Sans fashion the entire setting was changed entirely to make Chara way sadder and more hurt and cry and have night terrors?

I want Asgore to teach me how to fire bend!

> And yes they poison Asgore
by accident, the smile and laugh are only to hide the pain and guilt of having done that

>attempt to use Asriel to commit mass-murder
humans attacked, it was self-defense, but asriel got scared and prevented it

>Then they fail and use you to erase an entire planet full of people.
by then frisk has already murdered everyone and corrupted chara into believing murder was the only good method. chara is only as 'evil' as the influence they get

regular chara is a good foundation, but it's clear toby didn't want to care much about their character and just used them as a cheap plot device, which is really gross when considering their abusive past and suicide attempt

untrue, the whole setup is different. different monsters died, the political landscape is different, sans is a much more closer-to-human ruler than asgore's distance, toriel is in a responsible position instead of shoved aside for the plot and even asriel gets a lot more to his character.

chara gets a lot, but they're not the focus of everything

>Closer to human then Asgores distance
What

>smile and laugh are only to hide the pain and guilt
There you go again, inserting your interpretation of the events onto clearly-defined realities
>it was self-defense
No, their plan was to kill humans and get souls to break the barrier from the get-go

But YOU don't kill everyone, there are a few instances in the game where your actions are predetermined, sure you take the journey to get there and slaughter most of the monsters, but Chara is the one who decides to wipe out mankind.

>considering their abusive past and suicide attempt
Oh you're one of THOSE

asgore is presented as both this horrifyingly powerful, but very close ruler, it's clear that nobody really knows what he's like, due to how he hides from the public in his guilt. sans seems more approachable as a king, he's laid-back and easier to figure and discuss things with, he doesn't feel 'kingly' and that reassures people that he's still one of them

>There you go again, inserting your interpretation of the events onto clearly-defined realities
other characters do that, clearly it's a theme in the game

>No, their plan was to kill humans and get souls to break the barrier from the get-go
the plan was to kill 6, yes, but the humans attacked when chara was taking their body to see the flowers one last time, immediately trying to kill them with zero provocation

>Oh you're one of THOSE
don't be patronizing. why would a child, an innocent child hate all humanity? why would they go to a mountain that's cursed? toby is subtle but it's fairly clear they wanted to 'disappear' and 'erase themself from existence' aka die

>Asgore hides from the public
Oh so you haven't actually played Undertale. Okay then good luck on your Chara rant

maybe earlier, but by the time of undertale, he hides in his garden behind a pair of locks and just leaves food in the fridge for people to take, it's clear he just wants isolation

maybe play the game yourself

You're literally told multiple times that he's out and about hanging with his people and trying to keep hope up and everyone in good moods. Monster kid even talks about how he regularly visits the monster schools to talk to the kids about shit. He didn't even lock himself away since there are tons of monsters hanging around his house who tell you the Asriel story and all of them are literally invited to come chill with him in his garden when ever they want otherwise he wouldn't have left little notes and keys lying around saying to come hang out

>Storyshift

user, it's failed the second Toriel and Asgore were on bad therms instead of just a couple that overwork themselves

depressed people often feel pressured by society to still keep to their rules and demands and asgore is no different. he might occasionally see people, but deep down he feels guilty and wants nothing more than isolation and punishment. he's more than ready to kill himself to get frisk home, that's how suicidal he's become by the end

they're on bad terms because of asgore's secret in the lab we haven't seen yet, but going by how much clearer the motivations has been, it'll probably be less ambiguous than in undertale proper

why are my favorite artists so secretive with their lewds
aaarrrgghhh

They could have still played around how they don't see each others much since even Undyne didn't really know about the True lab, she just think Alphys was a stuck up always working, could have been pretty sweet instead of Toriel being assmad from the start about Asgore

Well im not going to deny that but he's still a very hands on king. I think its retarded to just say that he locked himself away from all his people when you're told multiple times that he does the opposite of that

What happens to Flowey post TP?

Does he just stay in there and die alone?

Yes

Wait for whatever the dog has planned.

He hangs out with Frisk

Wait for Undertale 2: Flowey's revenge

He will be back. With weapons.

He moves to the surface and becomes a world-renown, merciless DM for online tabletop sessions, eventually getting contracted to write modules

Making Chara cry!

I want to play a werewolf game with Flowey

If Flowey "ages" would that mean Toriel and Asgore would begin aging soon?

If the idea is that the kid soul sucks up the parent souls, and Flowey has no soul...

Zzz

Perhaps that was what made Asriel age? Absorbing Toriel's and Asgore's souls.

Imagine if that were one of the endings. Toriel and Asgore being aware of Asriel's predicament and sacrificing themselves so he could live on as a gote.

You say that as if Flowey didn't already try that

>Imagine if that were one of the endings. Toriel and Asgore being aware of Asriel's predicament and sacrificing themselves so he could live on as a gote.

And then absolutely nothing fucking happens.

morning bones

morning bot

needs more Toriel

morning flowe and human

Morning /utg/, what have you been up to while I've been gone?
I'm a little standoffish about two of the puzzles I've made, because although they fit into the ruins well, they feel like something you can just walkthrough once you know how to do it...

If it's just the ruins, stuff can still be simple.

heya petra
broba, geek, and doogle streamed last night

a puzzle like that sounds fitting for the ruins since that's like the tutorial area

>toriel putting herself in danger for a kid
non-canon

Oh absolutely, I've kept them simple, but two are borderline bland. I just don't know what to replace them with.

Together?
Aw man, I'm sad to have missed that, Ill have to check out the previous thread for the results
>Seems fitting
I mean, I definitely want to keep them tutorial level, but something about them feels so bland, maybe I'm just being picky

Hey Petra
Can I make a drawing request?

Replace them with sharks!
You probably shouldn't replace them with sharks.

yeah they took requests

I can't get to it right now because I'm mobile posting, but if you don't mind waiting an hour or two, sure!
What do you have in mind?

are there any NPCs standing around these puzzles?
if you can't think of a way to make the puzzle itself more interesting, maybe you could have the NPCs react to the player solving them

Toriel feeding flowey by pooping on him!

>Momfags

Too late, all puzzles are now sharks

A-awww...

That's a good idea user, thanks!

You're probably going to be disappointed, but I'll see what I can do

Gotchu covered f.a.m.

a.pomf.cat/hkrucv.jpg