/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/129577-patch-notes-february-1st/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Is it P2W?
Yes if you're willing to drops hundreds of dollars. Three critical things that will aid you in progression are having 4 pets which you can buy with real money or in game money, buying weight limit increases with either loyalty or real money, and artisan memories which you can buy with either loyalty or real money. These items are more accessible when spending real money considering the marketplace is sparse regarding pets and loyalty takes longer to get than real world cash.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>Enhancement Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous: I hope it's not to early Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ROoK3M1dmA
youtube.com/watch?v=_JYHk_D5A44
youtube.com/watch?v=gTH7XefE85A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post you're waifus!

no you

I'm a belieber for this "Bieber", that comment was rude though and whoever posted it should
be ashamed.

Not my creation sadly

wow the fishing relic scroll was actually better than I thought it would be. Ended up getting 5 memory fragments solo with the completion of the quest along with it. Do I get that quest everytime I finish one?

Yes. Welcome to lucrative money making.

When I travel with more heavy traveling goods, will my strength increase faster?

No. Just get 1 trade good from whatever trading manager you see and auto walk.
Don't overburden yourself, strength leveling only depends on distance covered so you better stay below 100%.

So I could just outrun against a wall or something?

I'm feeling so stupid, I mix all the words up. Another question, is leveling in trading the same, I could only trade one thing and move on? Or is the ep based on how much money I make

How many coral rings do I need for TET if I don't failstack at all?

I can't into math.

What would be the most lag friendly class to play ?

I have horrible wireless 4g as only internet available to me and im afraid my old fav maehwa wouldn't really work too well with it.

>How many coral rings do I need for TET if I don't failstack at all?
All of them.

>maehwa

Warrior.

What would be the best food to eat to train your health?

Yellow Quality + seaweed

NA or EU

Fuck off Gremlin-chan

Thanks, since warrior would be a good choice does valkyrie also work ?

I made a pretty nice looking cocoa queen valk back in the day so i would have that ready and around level 20-ish once im done with the 2 day download.

I haven't touched trading myself but i hear that the best way to level it up is to roll trade between velia and finto farm.

Valk's kind of boring but yeah she would work too. PVPing will be a pain though.

I play in EU but this character is just something i picked off of the forums and obsessively tried to replicate it for couple days failing anyway.

Most of my own characters tend to be cocoa queens of various shades.

Thanks for the tips, i never got very far since i didnt have time to commit that BDO required back then.

I guess Warrior starts getting most of the goodies bit later on then, at early levels i just remember not being too impressed.

I'll give it a whirl again definetly since i really like the outfits Warrior has.

They don't get good til 56.

Pre awakening is grueling to say the least but they're still strong.

Ground roar>Chop Kick> Scar of dusk and more things would die.

I always read about awakening, is a awakend tamer any fun? It's a different weapon and combat style right? Are you bound to use it so you are stronger or..?

why is this allowed

gomenasai, I did not know the picture was so blurry when loading it up

Is Berserker in a good spot now?
Want to start a new character

was always and is still

>"""""""""""armor"""""""""" that leaves your entire belly exposed
Fucking koreans.

Hes the 1v1 kang

someone slap me etc

When does ranger get good?

I'm lv26 now and it seems shit.

just reroll before its too late.

*slaps on hand*

You tell me.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ROoK3M1dmA

So you could be cummed on easier. Cumming on abs is a very big fetish.

>turn on kpop
>enhancement success after success
wow

>K-pop

I need to suck off a bbc NOW!!

>Zerkers will justify this.
KEK

Just read the official forums, they do actually defend this.
Mostly their argument is that "This is not a 1v1 game!"

how is this any dumber than warrior/ranger/wizard/witch though

>he hasn't sucked off bbc while the bbc jerks off on cam to your character

None of them kill you over the course of 20 seconds where you have no control over your character.

What should my current gearing goals be? I inherited 100mil from daily fame gold after not playing since release. Someone earlier recommended a +15 for my class (ranger) and +15 grunil set. Is this the best bet or is there a better way to spend 100mil?

does anybody actually enjoy the pvp in this game

from what i've seen it's 95% of the time just decided by gear/level advantages and even when it's not there's massive class imbalances

Zerker an innately tanky class that engages with super armor and is capable of CCing you for 20 seconds with no counterplay. The biggest joke is they don't even need high AP to do this shit.

Let me guess, you play ranger right? Get rekt

Pathetic autismlords like do

Stop liking what I don't like !!! *autistic screeching*

the people who pvp in this game for fun, understand the premise more time = more power, essentially, so people in high level pvp probably have tons of fun, but people who get stomped by those people just complain about the bad gear system without understanding why they dont deserve to kill the people who put in more time than them

but I still have fun dueling with friends that are similar gearscore to me, I don't think I'd want to touch nodewars(but thats from not having a real guild), and red battlefield is just a clusterfuck

ON DA PHONE WIF DA PLUG TALKING JUSTIN BIEBER

I just don't know anons, I like how my Witch plays way better, but I like how my Tamer looks way better, and I can't even get close to Tamer visuals on my Witch.

I'm not too far into Tamer though, will getting my pet change things up enough to shift my perspective? Because as much as I love Tamer's visuals, playing them is a bit of a dull slog so far (not hard, I don't feel underpowered, it's just not clicking).

I heard tamer is more fun at 56, before then its just cancer to level up

I need your help, /bdog/
I finally got my Liverto staff, and have decided it is time to seriously work on upgrading my Grunil, and I know that trying to upgrade my Liverto without failstacks is risky and dumb. So I have decided to use the failstacks I get from my Grunil to upgrade my Liverto (it is currently +8)

This is pretty standard, right? (this kind of new to this game) I just need to know at what number of failstacks should I stop attempting my below 15 Grunil upgrade attempts and instead try my hand at Liverto,

I guess I can try to stick it out. The Witch just feels so much better to play so far, it's not even funny. Too bad I can't copy paste Tamer visuals onto my Witch. It'd be perfect.

Maybe after 56 I'll change my mind. Can't hurt to give it a go.

On another note, is there a way to turn off the stuck I've circled in red. The quest arrows and the buttons I've circled up top. I'm sure if I'm questing or looking for particular NPCs they're useful, but otherwise they're just clutter. I hate how the busy UI does all it can to hide what seems to be a damn pretty game. Doesn't seem to be under the normal UI customization.

I can understand hiding those things, but hiding the mini-map too? What a madman. I would also like to know how to hide the circled red things

I think you can turn off the buttons at the top using the Edit UI feature in the esc menu

and then the arrows and stuff you might be able to turn off with pic related, but I still get arrows even with it off, the easiest way to clear those would be right clicking your minimap or regular map until the markers go away, I think

>I think you can turn off the buttons at the top using the Edit UI feature in the esc menu
I tried this myself, I don't think you can turn those buttons off

Sad

Well damn.

I know where you're coming from, I started out with Witch and have played so much of it that every class feels weird. Just hang in there, buckaroo.

I turn it on when I need it, goes for pretty much any element really.

Thank you for the arrow bit.

Well, that sucks. Guess I could just ctrl+u the entire UI away when I don't want it.

Aye aye cap'n.

Can't beat the Bieb, better beliebe it

Dick suckin' lips

eyes of a semen demon!

If my 42gb patching was only done i could start spamming my own characters even, like my nubian nigress witch

She is pure!

Sure slut, keep telling yourself that while you slurp mana potions made of giant cum

I'm going to take part in BDO endgame today and grind a static mob rotation for 8 hours

Like if you are too

I dont quite get the whole hard on for playing asian characters when we have dozens of different cultures, countries and people on our continent that have heaps of interesting lore/history yet it seems a scary majority prefer to play characters from a place we can never visit properly and have next to zero lore. Its at the point where actual people from Calpheon/Heidel are a minority in their own countries. Just feels...disappointing cause it feels like all the cool cultures and history we do have is going to waste. . Wont knock people for playing what they want to play, just dont see the value in it myself (insert meme here about people wanting to RP mega edgy ninja samurai with folded nippon steel here)

A-user pls

Is there an actual way to buy pearl stuff without real life currency? Sniping them in the auction house is fucking autistic and you won't get it 99% of the time. What where they thinking?

Fix your mouth whore, it looks weird. Doubt a cock would fit in there.

what do you guys listen to while grinding, this is killing me

sissy hypno

youtube.com/watch?v=_JYHk_D5A44 looping

smart user

youtube.com/watch?v=gTH7XefE85A

podcasts and elevator music

>cyclops listens to sissy hypno
Which ones?

Do chicken legs count?

I dunno whichever ones come up in the search, I haven't found that many good ones honestly :X

What class to gear up and start grinding towards 56 at 90 mil budget?

I'm to stupid to find friends online, please someone help me.

same ._.

what do you need friends for, this is basically a single player game

We can be friends if you're EU

Ninja is good for first character

please give me your name! Let's be friends !

please post your name! I just want to hang out! please reply

Why does nobody ever want to be friends.

you too, bost it now !

wat

you first

MinimalTracer

I'm sitting on a wall, south of the market place npc in velia, serendia 2.