/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Rotten Painted world
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls.wikidot.com/divine-blessing
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Divine Blessing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Those fools on the outside" decide to unnaturally prolong the life of a world instead of letting it to be reborn. It's the main theme of AoA. It basically shits all over the fire linking and also hints at that Lord of Hollows ending is terrible too.

Burning the painted world is the same as destroying the First Flame permanently on the outside, in both cases it resets the world. Friede wanted stagnation, but that stagnation caused painted world to rot and Corvians to mutate horribly.

> who fucked Priscilla
Dunnel. It's stated almost openly given the choice of words in describing his wife and the fact that Priscilla is referred to as an "abomination" in DS1.

Yeah, the fact that it's someone from Londor smothering the painting's flame is probably important. I guess the Usurper ending isn't the "escape the cycle" bullshit people think it is.

Basically both fire linking and usurper endings are two sides of the same coin. They are both terrible because they lead to stagnation, just through different means.

Usurper ending is probably even worse because there's no hope to let the flame die already as you're now a living embodiment of hollow fire who is probably stronger than any god.

WHO IS THAT QT AT AT 1:00 I NEED TO KNOW

Probably just another big girl with zero dialogue, potentially a boss or very closely related to a boss as well.

One thing I notice is that the painting is supposed to be destroyed in the act of making a new one, but in the real world the old world is never destroyed completely. Vinheim, Carim, Catarina, fucking Andre, all still around. The world has never been completely destroyed. Of course if Prisicilla's little tower is of any indication, the painting still keeps shit around.
>caused Corvians to mutate horribly
We don't know how many paintings existed between Ariamas and Ariandel. Maybe each successive painter was worse at painting sexy crow ladies and we get left with the shit-dragging freaks.

>make a girl
>call it a boy

>make a cute fluffy giantess
>call it an abomination

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

I was just thinking of keeping weapon classes and stats way simpler like Bloodborne did

Vitality increases health
Endurance increases stamina
Strength governs all melee prowess
Magic increases FP, attunement slots, and the effectiveness of spells
Luck has the same effects as all of the above at a significantly lower rate, as well as improving drop rates at a 1:1% ratio.

Armor has been dramatically simplified. This isn't to stop you from making fashion, just a bit of optimization.

Weapons and shields that can be wielded are determined by your strength stat and don't affect your weight at all.

Armors are further divided by weight class, which dictate rolling speed and stability bonus for blocking.

light armor allows for fast rolls but lack of weight reduces stability

Medium armor is manuverable enough for medium rolls, and is weighty enough to grant full stability.

heavy armor greatly restricts your movement and only allows for fat rolls. It is quite heavy and grants bonus stability.

ultra armor is extremely cumbersome and bulky. rolling will grant very few iframes and has very high recovery. movement speed is slowed. The exorbitant weight gives an extreme bonus to stability.

There's so much more I want to write but I'm super tired.

Night lads.

Possibly Gwyn's youngest daughter, who was never mentioned before.

Queen of Lothric

Who was Gwyn's wfie?

Why the hell did he abandon his daughter there though? Was this right before he left with his knights to rekindle the flame, or what?

Also
>are there any other Gwyns we should know about?!

How long is AoA? I have over 80 hours in DS III and now tempted to buy the season pass just to get new content.
But I dont want to pay too much money for a shit dlc

So long as it means that Queen of Lothric isn't Gwyneviere that's great. Always hated that theory.

3-5 hours, maybe more or maybe less depending on what SL you go into it at and how much exploration you do.

If you like duel type pvp then there's more value in it from the arena it added.

Actually, that's way too fucking generous, it's more like 2-3 hours of content at best.

Now Iam twisted, 3-5 hours sounds fair, 2-3 kinda meh.

If you enjoy the game in general then it's hard to really go wrong with it, but the safest bet is definitely waiting to see how the last DLC turns out.

Velka. On a serious note, it was never mentioned. For all we know, each child of Gwyn had a different mother.

Is this a nod to the Kiln in 1? Also, are clutch rings any good for 2? Using the dark clutch with CBS and I can't say I'm impressed

It's a nod to Zelda torch puzzles.

*could've had

No, I mean the "4 flames to open a door" thing. Unless the Kiln itself was a nod to zelda puzzles as well

>not posting THE BEST

Why? It's pretty obvious

Do the Gods even reproduce sexually?

Don't spoil the DLC entrance like that

I know you're probably joking but what is it with souls faggots ad their obsession with Velka?

A literally who character no more important than Loyd and yet people always get butthurt when she's not in a new game/dlc

It's because of the relationship between lorefags and Down's syndrome.

How so? she is suppose to marry Flann, god of flame.

There's a decriptions that mentions Gwynevere (who was a goddess) becoming a wife and mother and giving birth to heavenly children or something like that.

ENB used to have an obsession with her back in the day for no reason, that's how it began I think.

We're gonna need a bigger sword.

I feel like hope for her appearing in TRC is the only thing keeping him going these days.

What's the recommended level for Smouldering lake?

>darksouls.wikidot.com/divine-blessing
>Holy water from Goddess Gwynevere. Fully restores HP and undo irregularities. The Goddess of Sunlight, Gwynevere, daughter of the great Lord of Sunlight Gwyn, is cherished by all as the symbol of bounty and fertility.
>cherished by all as the symbol of bounty and fertility

>darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Divine Blessing
>Holy water blessed by the Queen of Lothric. Fully restores HP and cures ailments. The Queen of Lothric, married to the former King Oceiros, was initially revered as a goddess of fertility and bounty. After giving birth to Ocelotte, her youngest, she quietly disappeared.
>revered as a goddess of fertility and bounty

I think Flann got BLACKED by Aldrich and that's why Aldrich has flame abilities.

40 to 50 if we're talking NG

35-45 is a solid range for it

30-40 I guess

Aldrich's flame powers only appear in his second stage like the rest of the lords of cinder who've already linked the flame, unless there's a specific reason for the three of them I think that's just something you gain after linking it.

They take the mistranslation of the divine blessing seriously
She seems to be connected to a lot of things. She has strong ties to the painted world (crows/velka's rapier/black set), which makes her the most likely candidate for the statue, which then connects her with new londo (same statues above and in front of the entrance to 4kings, same staues in the lifts), she might be responsible for bringing you to lordran (giant crow). Subsequently in DS3 she's connected to Londor (Vow of Silence), which in its own ways connects to New Londo (Kaathe/Dark Hand) strengthening her connection to it. She's one of those influencial people who work behind the scenes. I really doubt she'll directly be in TRC, but her presence will as always be apparent to those who know where to look

25-35 seems to be the best

>mistranslation

What's the correct translation?

You're probably right, I always forget that most of the LoCs have flaming second stages.

yeah but the item said she left Anor Londo to marry Flann, so he can't be there.
Either: Oceiros is Flann (doubt), Flann died from (?) and she remarried.
who do we know that are the children of Gwynevere?

Are you talking about the mother and child statues ?

At the very least, one of her descendands is the queen

yes
That she was compared to the goddess of fertility. But I'm not 100% that is true, I didn't do the translation. Might actually be bullshit and she actually is Gwynevere

What happened to ENB, did he burn out?

Speaking of statues, am I seeing things or are the statues decorating that lone tower in TRC the same ones as in the painted World/New Londo ?

He's too busy handing out life advice and spouting psuedo philosophical things to people.

It's not like Aldrich would've had to eat him in Anor Londo, that's just where he is now. Whether or not Aldrich was responsible I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that something happened to Flann.

If Guenevere is the queen of Lothric then the Lothric bros. are her sons, which might explain the holy magic.

I don't think there have been any direct confirmations on this but there are theories that the Dancer and Rosaria are daughters of Gwynevere since you can make the bountiful & soothing sunlight miracles from them. The Dancer's soul states that she's a distant daughter of the royal family, although that may just mean that she's related to Gwyn through someone else.

GRAPE POPSICLE
seriously guys, is dark clutch worth? pve only
seems similar and there's a lot of reason for them to be but lets not jump to conclusions
GOTEM XD

Probably, he hasn't streamed anything Souls related since last year.

Don't forget Gertrude my dude

Last time I checked his wife divorced him and tried to take their kid with her, he's also playing Nioh now

>tfw I'm always get there at 50+

Am I doing something wrong?

ahahahahhahha what the fuck

>Guenevere
I'm not sure how I managed that, u and w aren't even close together.

I think they're trolling, Smouldering Lake always feels like a late game area, no matter when I go there

You're taking the time to kill everything or you put most of the souls you get towards leveling up or both. Also you have to be careful when making an invasion build. Invading is mostly upward.

It's the worst area in the game, go there at high level so you can get it done fast.

No, don't worry about it. As long as you explore it around the same level as the catacombs you're fine.

Apparently his wife was just in it for the green card and left him ASAP.

No, it's extremely easy to rapidly advance in levels in DaS3 if you're primarily investing in your stats.

I mean, they even give you a ring for more souls right away, I regularly end up with fat stacks of 50-100k souls with nothing to spend them on because it will put me vastly ahead of where I want to be for online stuff.

Not the guy you're replying to, a few months ago he said in a video that they'd been living apart for a while and that she wasn't the person he thought she was. Don't know anything beyond that.

You take the rice, you pay the price

Eat the rice, pay the price.

Topkek

Did he eventually get custody of the child ? I'm not up to date with his situation.

>racemixing
>ever

/pol/ was right again

Topkek, I actually feel bad for him.

>murrca
take a guess

Where can I read up on the drama?

read the pastebin in the OP

If I had to change Dark Souls it would be
>Remove all the Golden Fog Gates
>Bells of Awakening are only for Gwyn
>Remove Sen Fortress's Gate
>Elevator after Iron Golem actually works
>Completely walkable to every location without a single cutscene or multiple bosses

Which one?

Which one?

That'd be a nightmare for someone's first playthrough, though. Those changes would suite veteran players, not new ones.

The DLC has got to have a new fist weapon r-right?

Lol hopefully Trump trump's her

"Hey where do I go?"
"Anywhere."

Dark Souls, 11/10 best game

why would we have a pastebin about eceleb?

I'd rather have some clever way to bypass Sen's gate instead of outright removing it.

Someone recommend me a cool looking/flashy/decent STR/FTH weapon for DS3

>snipe the stupid giant with a weapon only able to get after
>NG+ required

Bastard sword
Or
Drakeblood greatsword

there is one

The executioner's greatsword is a good STR weapon and can leech enough FP to allow you to use blessed weapon on it repeatedly, especially if you combine it with Aldrich's sapphire.

Pretty sure Gwyn made most of the anor londo "gods" with "magic". Lloyd is supposed to be Gwyn's uncle. Gwyn probably just gave Lloyd powers when he found the lord soul because they were related.

It was at the start of the Age of Fire probably, since Gwyn gave the city and his daughter to the Pygmies and promised to return for the daughter one day. So I guess it was before they realized the first flame had a time limit.

What's the fastest way to farm Proofs? Online or silver knights?

>Lloyd is supposed to be Gwyn's uncle.
According to nobody but Lloyd himself, which is why nobody cares about him in 3.

Ariandel's Rose, or any blessed infused weapon.