/ovg/ - secret line only for pro drivers edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

bfy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

chansu

YEAH YOU GOT ONE

F1 WHEN?

make a server

When there's more pro drivers in /ovg/

F

interesting line

Holy shit this is some good racing.

never, f1 is shit

Making a livery based on chinese bootlegs/chinglish in general, what else should i put on it?
(ignore carpenter brut symbol on the door, i was just seeing if it would look good)

put a gun in your mouth and shoot it

I know a Korean girl who had a sweater that said 'clever make money but stoope make memories'

that's not going onto the server

Whole day I'm fucking busy
Only get few money

i'm not the guy who makes those skins i'm asking about a personal project, sorry to give you the wrong impression

its not that funny to begin with. work on something else. text based skins have to mipmap and look shit from farther than a few meters

i think its alright

>look shit from farther than a few meters
i noticed this driving the skin around, the text didn't really render well while the symbol on the door looked good, point noted user

DUWANG

Fuck off sti guy

born world to die is a fuck?

I am waiting for safety car

1,553,801,989 Laps Turned

This person obviously has no eye for design.

Are there any games that you can have a decent 24 hour race in yet? Against AI or on LAN, fuck doing that online.

Project cars maybe? I'm not sure how AC is doing nowadays.

Race Driver: GRID

i think you acctualy can do a 24h race in pCars(at least one of the tooltips talks about it)

BREAKING
JUST ANNOUNCED
THE DRIVER OF THE #22 NASCAR TEAM WILL BE HOLDING AN IMPORTANT PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW AT TEN AM.
THE DRIVER IS EXPECTED TO ANNOUNCE A NEW MOVEMENT AND INTRODUCE THE WORLD TO A NEW HASTAG #.
THE MOVEMENT WILL BE AN EFFORT TO PROTECT HIM AND HIS KIND.
THE HASTAG TO BE ANNOUNCED IS EXCEPTED TO BE ACCORDING TO LEAKS CLOSE TO THE DRIVER OF THE #22
#WUSSLIERSJAWSMATTER
THE DRIVER WILL BE WEARING THE FIRST TSHIRT PRINTED AND RELEASED WITH THE NEW HASTAG.
HE WILL BE ASKING ALL WUSSY LIERS TO RALLY BEHIND THIS ISSUE THAT IS OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE TO HIM.
We have also learned from our confidential sources...
The first rally will be held in secret.
We understand they fear one rowdy person will come right into the middle of the gathering and knock one of them on their backside. In addition they are having trouble deciding which ones will then hold the one rowdy person so they can get at least one punch in.
They are also said to be trying to find a person with reinforced shoes who will be willing to kick the rowdy person in the face...After 11 have taken him to ground. Most said to be gathering fear that it is still too risky even with the one rowdy person on the ground to take such an action. Reports are they are seeking the unidentified crew member from Sundays race to be in attendance because they saw from the footage he was the only one brave enough to do so previously.
He has agreed if they assure him that the one rowdy person will be on the ground and he will have a minimum of 11 other people around him for his protection. And that he may be able to immediately high tail it away immediately after giving the kick like he did on Sunday cause at some point the 11 may let the rowdy one up and he fears that a punch from the rowdy person will also put him on his backside.
He has yet to fully commit
However we are being told that NASCAR driver Kyle Busch has offered to attend. And thousands of his fans are also willing to attend to assume the role of rowdy

GTR 2

Hahah I see you like this pic too

rFactor has been able to for 12 years

close!!!!!

Hahahahha so EPIC my /b/ros!

XD

Nice res, now I can get my own tee of that printed

"You're suspention ends 5/21/17, thank you for your service. See you on track racer!" - Nim Cross

>paying to race virtually

>paying to NOT race virtually

FTFY

>he drives auto

I'm completely new to racing sims and I checked the wiki but I couldn't find a whole lot on this subject but I'm just curious if any of the recommended simulation games have really advanced tuning like something you can really get into, or are they all pretty much on the same level?

My Summer Car

If you don't mind a shit physics engine, try Street Legal Racing: Redline. Otherwise Forza Horizon 3.

xDD like if owned

I used a spork earlier and I thought of you guys

Gran Turismo 5

Why are g27 wheels going for the same price or as g29's or even higher?

they're not made anymore. same as with anything that has a newer product, limited supply and charging what they can get for it.

tl;dr?

>having to switch gears

Tell me, do you cook on a open flame as well, you savage?

I cook on a gas stove so yes I cook on an open flame

Yeah, I just find it odd that I can get the newer version for cheaper, anything wrong with the g29's? If that was the case I would understand.

G27's come with the H-Shifter as standard. For G29's/920's, you have to buy them separately.

Because outdated wheel guides and thousands of youtube videos praise the G27 (quite a few of them rating it better than the G29), so some guys are hoping that misinformed idiots will spend more than reasonable for a plastic toy steering wheel.

That's a good thing because the Logitech shifter is a huge piece of shit.

What shifter do you recommend?

The TH8RS is very, very good. But it's expensive.

Honestly for casual pretend race car driving the Logitech unit is okay, but it's not durable nor feels extremely well in the hand.

Draft or Drift /ovg/ what's you favorite?

how so?

Friendly reminder that you have to spend at least $1000 on dedicated sim racing hardware to race with /ovg/.

what

Do you enjoy drafting more or drifting more sempai?

drifting probably

Pro tips for hitting a decent framerate and getting rid of the red bars?

Try this

bfy tw/AbjG

Don't have any tips, sorry.

drafting because I have passed puberty

How do I contact Pastor

What did you do to get 3 months off?

steamcommunity.com/id/Rallymen007/

See you at the indy 500

Here's a tip buddy, catch this knuckle sandwhich kid served fresh daily.

What's indy 500? 500 miles, 500 laps or 500 minutes of racing?

500 cars

500 fans

>500 minutes of racing
>Driving around indianapolis for more than 8 hours

Then drivers would never be the same after that...

I can barely do 2 laps on Indy before getting bored to death. Easily the worst oval.

B-But, muh history...

Kilometers.

You proletariat swine.

Good thing I am not a cuck and still am competitive with a 150 Dollar wheel.

>these teams are representing /ovg/ on the world stage

Rate our driver lineups

we're fucked

>Nurb 24
The servers will go down anyway
>Huelagos
Marko is gonna crash, lose connection or get alt tabbed out. Or all of them.

>trusting Marko with your car

He'll bin it into the wall and break it

witness us, for we are gonna make ovg great again

I'm feeling like I'll have an Alt Tab and a little crash or three

>/ovg/ x /ogc/ alliance
Interesting meme.

>a jew, an aussie, a bong and a leaf walk into a server...

>implying ranek will actually show up

Times have changed

>all those people we chased out

and nothing of value was lost

what car is the wat team using for the huelagos race?

Merc SLS

too bad its too late for submitting skins, so no dank paintings this time