Anyone else getting the car scratched by outdoor cats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5KgZPNVKAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, I don't live in a shithole infested with stray animals

i love cats

>be Veeky Forumstist
>see faggot cat scratching my Dodge Omni
>not this time
>get out my dad's Henry AR-7 rifle
>take aim
>accidentally hit my tire

Get a pet falcon. have him attack cats that get too close.

Problem solved.

It happens. Not really much you can do other than park somewhere else. Cats don't learn to stay off so much as they learn to stay off when you're there.

Cats don't walk around with their claws out normally. You sure it's a cat and not something else?

My cats sleep on my miata all the time but they never scratch the paint.

>dodge omni
Are there any of these even running still?

Yeah
Runnin' from the law amirite?

My younger cousin has an Ares-K the 300,000+ miles that actually runs pretty well, my uncle was a Chrysler mechanic and he drove it/perfectly maintained it for the first 15 years of it's life. That 2.4l isn't a meme, it's really an indestructible engine. I'm sure the car will fall apart long before that engine stops running.

>giving a shit about scratches
What a fag. Don't be like him.

Totally meant to do that

cats, birds and foxes

Close, but my buddy has an 83 Rampage that he just rebuilt the transmission in.

outdoor cats are fucking pests

if you want to have a pet thats nice but dont let them go out and shit in peoples gardens and pee on carcovers cuz im gonna feed the motherfuckers antifreezer tuna

youve been warned

edgy

I guess the insurance won't pay for this

this, unless it crosses another cat that's coming from the other side of the car and freaks it out or something

I always have cat paws on my cars, but no scratches

We have wild turkeys in our area. They will literally attack their own reflection on your car until they can't see themselves from all the scratches. Then they'll just notice themselves on the other side and the whole process repeats itself.

>Paw prints everywhere
>One day noticed my rear wiper sitting funny.
>It was resting on the paint.
>Slide marks down the back window
>Had to take the rear wiper off and put it back on. Hopefully they didn't fuck up the linkage.
>Thanks a lot Dindo cats

>mfw my own cats protect my cars from the other furball cunts

Kek, we have them too in our uni and the normie students love and defend them to death no matter how many cars they scratch up. Some guy had enough after getting his car scratched for the millionth time so he gassed it in a parking lot and blew right into the smug ass turkey who scratched his shit. Needless to say there was a fucking witchhunt for him

I like cats but avian cunts could all die from leprosis I wouldn't mind

>Grew up somewhere with frequent morning fog/dew
>Cars always wet in the mornings, drying over the course of the day
>not uncommon to see tracks on our windshields after the dew dried
>always from the top, print-print-print-streeeak when the cat lost grip and slid down the wet glass
Dumbass cat never learned

>see cat sitting on car
>set alarm off from inside the house
>cat never steps within 10 feet of the car ever since
ezpz

>Anyone else getting the car scratched by outdoor cats?
Before starting the car up, I make some noise by patting the side fender. Any cats sleeping inside the warmer interior will wake up and leave. If you grind up a cat, it makes a horrible biohazard mess that doesn't clean out easily.

The best solution is poison food to get rid of feral cats. I'd do that but don't because of the rat problem. Putting poisoned food out makes the rat population grow and they get under car hoods far far far more often than feral cats.

Rats seem to be immune to all but the most massive doses of poison, so poisoned food only makes the rat population grow. The pregnant rats eating poison give birth to babies that have acquired slight poison resistance. Over time and repetitive populations, the rats became super tough against poison including the one that causes brain clots. So they can eat a full meal of the poison peanut butter bars sold at the hardware store and not die off.

If you cant hit a cat sized target from less than 25 yards you should seriously consider buying glasses. That being said, fuck you for shooting at a cat.

ow the edge

whenever I visit my parents their cats like to walk around on the car and slide down the windshield

Simple traps for small varmints are $12.99 each at the co-op store when bought in sets of 5 or more. The price is low enough that they are inconsequential.

Set them out anonymously one at a time. You don't want #CatLivesMatter activists to vandalize your house, car, and job career.

When the feral cat comes to get food and steps in one, the metal jaws snap shut on the leg. The teeth penetrate and hold the cat there. That will teach it a lesson.

>he doesn't own a garage

I know someone who had a peacock do that to his ranger rover sport, the fucker went round the entire thing scratching the shit out of the mother fucker.

>their cats like to walk around on the car and slide down the windshield

post webm plz

just put one or two of these on your car op

Stop being poor faggot and put your car in a

G A R A G E

Fucking yuropoors I swear

I live in low density suburbia (no sidewalks) so while Deer, coyotes, etc. are around they aren't really interested in being on vehicles.

My cat curls up in the hood scoop on my wrx when it's cold and i park in the garage.

I wouldn't have a problem with cats, except that I've just moved into a middle-class neighborhood where the HOA's by-laws AND the city's actual laws state that nobody may own a cat that roams outdoors.

In practice, there's this one dumb neighbor who, in addition to flipping shitty Civics that take months at a time to sell, has 3 fucking ugly ass cats that are always waking me up by having fights in my backyard/side yard. I've tried contacting the authorities multiple times and they don't do jack shit. I even asked a local cop on patrol on my street one day when there was a cat right in my yard if he could talk to my neighbor about it, he basically told me to stop complaining, it's just a cat.

Oh well. At least they keep the mice at bay, and the mice up here have fun diseases I don't wanna catch.

>too cheap for live traps
>doesn't want to waive the cat in front of the homeowners face and say "next time it dies" to force the real idiots of the situation to get control of their pets
>taking out your autism on an animal
>risking jail time for animal abuse, liabilities for killing a pet

You're an idiot and an asshole.

As others have said, cats don't scratch paint. It would be painful and counterproductive for cats to just walk around with claws out, dragging their paws around.

Plus paws have more grip on that surface than claws. The whole premise makes no sense. Your neighbours are probably keying your cars because if you're this autistic about cats I can't imagine your homeowners association likes you very much.

>living in a place with home owners association

U DUN FUCKED UP

I was told to put a strong scent (like pepermint oil) on anything you want cats to stay away from. Alternately if you have the ability to make the ground around your car uncomfortable like with rice, cats can't stand that either.

Or figure out who owns them and use strong smelling rice to send a message, since.. It's a cat. Hard to fault a cat for exploring, fault the owners.

I imagine your car permanently having a stinging smell of peppermint might be a bit of hell on earth.

Or just spray the ground around the car with a spray bottle of water and pepper mint

o shit shadow the hedgehog slow down

they do it at night when I'm asleep

the only way I know they did it is I see pawprints on my windshield in the morning

God you are a walking meme/normie who is also a snitch.

You probably
>have a cushy 9-5 job
>are white
>drive a boring econobox
>genuinely have a boring life.

If you killed yourself there will be 5 more of thatll pop up somewhere.

Fuck off cat loving fag weeb

>amerifatcats
>amercan windscreens

>whenever I visit my parents their cats like to walk around on the car and slide down the windshield
My grandparents' cat is like that. It climbs on the warm hood and lies down. But she doesn't scratch my new car. While I mind other cats, that cat is okay on the car. It is a combination outdoor and indoor cat. It is pretty "smart" in that it never scratched the furniture or pooped on the floor. All of us were amazed at how the cat seemed self-trained and "considerate". So if it wants to sit or lie on the warm hood, that's fine especially since I liked the cat a lot.

That cat will NEVER go inside a car. It was taken to the vet once. So it now associates going inside a car to be the same as going to the vet.

My grandparents are long dead as is the cat. But I still have fond memories of all of them.

I frequently run over cats in my neighborhood. I fucking hate cats. Ive run over 3 so far, killed the first 2 easily, but the third tried limping away so i went in reverse and ran the little shit over and smashed its skull.

It's actually very fun, im pretty sure none of them were homeless cats so im sure lots of people had to be upset when they went looking for their precious kitty and find it smeared all over the pavement

Literally nothing wrong with shooting a cat.

Next time ill take pictures for you, then.

This.

thank you for keeping the feline menace off the streets

i tip my katana and fedora to ye

Well when it happened the first time, it's not like i did it on purpose dude. I just left the water running in my bath tub and didn't want to risk it overflowing so i was speeding on the way home. I figured my floor was worth saving more than the cat

Now i just do it for fun

>I figured my floor was worth saving
It's not your floor, it's the other things. You have electrical extension cords on the floor and those get water in them and start arcing. You might end up replacing some wires in the walls because of that.

In alot of states insurance has to pay for it regardless of what caused it.

It will if you have comprehensive insurance.

Yes, those fuckers

It amazes me how poorly furfags grasp basic shit like a motorcycle.

Truly are degenerates,.

stay mad catfag, ill run your little furry shit over and laugh about it while you cry and commit suicide

edgy

Fuck off you braindead animal killing retard.

btfo go cry

fuck off cat loving pussy

>projecting

fuck off cat killing homo

kys

this. op, have you never interacted with a cat before?

cat loving pussys btfo out ITT thread

>>accidentally hit my tire

haha, you fuck up.

Hi OP i couldnt help but notice that you cannot afford a secure garage to store your vehicle

GET A GARAGE OR GET USED TO IT

>cat dindu nuffin
>cat a good boy
>u need garag

owned desu

I got so tired of feral cats eating my chicken that I went on a cat genocide recently, bagged 11 cats thus far. As horrible as it is to do, I can't fucking keep losing money to stupid nigger animals.

One of the fuckers before this pissed all over my work truck.

>people who leave their cats when they move so now my apartment complex has these vermin running all over it

My cats walk on the cars all night while they are in the garage. But they dont scratch the car, they dont walk with their claws out. I know htey walk on it because i see the stupid cat foot prints all over the car and windsheild in the morning.

Its no cat man.

You should distinguish between cat claws and paws grinding dirt on the surface.

In my experience, cats do not scratch the car with their claws unless they are sliding off the hood. They keep their claws in when walking on my hood. I only see paw prints as the dirty paws grind the dirt which then makes micro scratches.

Cats will jump on cars to get warm in winter or crawl up on top of the tire if it is dry. Once there, they don't move around so the dirty paws don't really grind up the surface.. Even skittish feral cats will jump up despite humans being nearby and visible because they are desperate.

You can't stop them unless you stand out there next to your car. The friendly cats (neglected by their owners) will let you approach and pet them. I rarely do in the winter because petting them makes their fur less fluffy and gets them cooled down in the winter air.

Your solution is to shake some ground up catnip on top of someone else's warm car. They will go to that car instead of yours. Use your pepper mill to grind the catnip finer. Take two plastic bottle caps, fill with catnip powder, and tape shut. Punch some holes in one side with nail and you now have a small shaker. Tape over the holes when not in use.

The real problem here is not cats but angry or spiteful homeless. The ones that are unable to get shelter spit or urinate on cars. Parked cars give them enough isolation to take a piss because there is no other cover for them.

My cat just likes to capture hardware and small suspension parts to leave as offerings by my bed.

if you ever let your cat off of your property i will shoot it or run it over

man, you sound so fucking cool

>have 3 cats
>see their paw prints on my cars all the time
>never scratches

maybe you're cats are dicks?

I want to put a 2.4l turbo in a rampage

Why are there so many violent psychopaths on Veeky Forums?

It's not just here, they're all over the road rage threads too.

youtube.com/watch?v=g5KgZPNVKAg

IS THE CAT OK

>Why are there so many violent psychopaths on Veeky Forums?
The real life people are more violent on average than those in Veeky Forums.

How can someone hurt blini cat?
He just craves blinis with smetana and maybe honey because that's a killer tasty combo.

they like to rape my car, but haven't seen scratches from them or anything.

only evil people want to kill blini kot

holy shit you are a bad shooter son.
also why dont just scare the cat away a bit, they won't run a thousand mile

If by stray cats you mean young women who cant park properly. Then yes. I changed and repained front bumper on my Pug. Old one was scrached and cracked from various parking "accidents" by stray cats. And almost 1.5 months later it has some ugly scraches on the passenger side. It's like a curse. Ordered a motion detect dash cam.