I'm planning on getting a truck real soon its a 2000 ford f350 7.3L 320,000mile

I'm planning on getting a truck real soon its a 2000 ford f350 7.3L 320,000mile
Supposedly a few glow plugs or computer and a few injectors may be out.He said the clutch messes up but because "air pockets" Its missing the bed and I'm wondering if its worth it for 1500$.. he'd say he he'd put flatbed on for another 500.
He described it as
" i can't get the clutch wright you drive it just got to crank it in gear '
Should i buy it? Pic related
What would i replace, how an what upgraddes should i get when if I do buy it..
I'm counting on yall! please help

Other urls found in this thread:

fordiesels.com/how-to-change-a-7-3l-powerstroke-injector/
trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1304dp-heui-how-high-pressure-oil-injection-systems-work/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Say $1000 with the flatbed

>paying more than $1000 for a car that has more than 200,000 miles

Personally I'd pass. Nothing here that can't be fixed but does need sorting out by somebody with experience or it's just going to be a huge exercise in frustration.

Also, while glow plugs are cheap and easy have you priced injectors? You might want to do that first.

Diesel trucks go past half million miles minimum easy if they aren't shitty 6.0 Fords so mileage doesn't affect price as much.

STAY AWAY

You'll spend another 3-5 grand fixing that or more. Your looking at head gaskets, head studs, injectors, clutch, possibly transmission in the very near future. I Have this same truck and it will run for 500k miles, but you will have to throw some serious money into to get it there. And if your budget is so low your buying at old diesel for 1500 bucks you likely don't have the time, money or knowledge to actually fix it. Do yourself a favor and save your money and buy something that's not a financial time bomb

Do you really need a diesel?
It'll probably need several thousand in repairs like said

i looked at injectors and they are expensive, thought about replacing the bad ones only. ebay has them for 70 used up to a couple hundred for new ones, or i could buy alibabbba ones. would i have to replace all or just the ones that are messed up??

would it really be that expensive if I did the work myself and found a parts truck or something?

think its worth 1000 with flatbed??
think i can gegt it that cheap?

yeah I want a diesel. I want a cheap one too that i can put in a lot of work to save money and then maybe flip it and sell it or keep it.
I mostly want a diesel so i can use bio diesel (almost free oil)

If you buy cheap injectors, you'll be replacing them again shortly. The amount of labor it is to change injectors on a diesel means it's not worth it in the slightest.

Price is worth it. It's a 7.3 manual trans truck.

It's going to cost you a few grand to get it running and driving and reliable.

and why would i need head studs? aren't those just bolts? that shits expensive also too

would i have to replace them all?
why not just use cheap refurbished ones and if they break i buy more. my labor is free to do this

Headgaskets and studs go hand in hand. 99%of people do them at the same time. Let me give you a little diesel knowledge nugget, any part, labor time, or corner cut will cost you in the near future. Don't want to take everything apart to your injectors and try and squeeze it in? You'll slip an oring and loose fuel pressure two weeks after you replace it. Diesel and Cheap don't go together. On these engines and the 6.0 powerstroke, you get one little code, wiring harness short, loose connector and your engine will shit out on you and strand your ass. You think you're getting into this cheap, which you are, but your going to throw money into this thing by the thousands.

Do you have a second vehicle? Do you have the tools? What's your income look like? What's your mechanical background?

These trucks are unforgiving and can be a bitch to work on. If your looking for something to tinker on, get an older Toyota or Ford. Much cheaper to work on and easier to learn

I don't have a mechanical background at all.
I'll have a second vehicle for while I'm fixing this one up. I dont have the tools but I am willing to buy them if they are reasonably priced Income is very low.

I really am looking to want to use a diesel though, learn about them and how to fix them and this is a good opportunity. I don't feel like I honestly will have to spend thousands though lol. that seems rediculous unless I bought brand new parts to fix it up

I also want to do this to make some money too

like, fixing up the truck and selling it that is

With that info, hard pass. You'll have thrown a shit ton of money into it just to get it to be semi reliable and even then you've got a multi owner, high mileage, flat bed 7.3 powerstroke. You'll be hard pressed to flip it for any profit. Most guys in the Market for a truck like that avoid trucks like this like the plague.

Calling it now. Tranny will shit the bed on you and it'll sit because you can't drop 1k plus to find a used tranny to attempt to swap.

Why do you think he's selling it so cheap? Its a POS and he couldn't get more for it and it's not worth dumping money into the known problems and find the 4 or 5 other ones to rack up the bill

>ferd
Don't even bother
Get a real truck, get a Toyoda

>yes cretus, buy toyota pickup. vely leriabrre, made flom high-quarity nipponese steerr

well i guess I'll just have to keep the truck or put a different bed in the back and sell it.
why do you believe the tranny will go out, i thought these things lasted a long long time.

I'd be interested in learning more mechanical stuff and how not to spend so much money on it and etc. I wanna upgrade it too potentially.

would you want to email me? I'd be interested in your advice or anyones really.
i could send 10$ in bitcoin to someone that can find me a better option in my area for me to buy cheaply thats a diesel

does toyota even make diesels?? lmao
if they do are they even reliable

>nipponese steerr
Tacomas are made in the US, the ones made in Japan, or in Europe don't rust that easily
just get one rust free and it won't be a problem, unless u have salt on the roads, in that case it's hopeless, for any brand

Ahhh Americans...
They do, and they are the most reliable engines.

>truck
>not diesel
That only happens in America

call back when there's a 1 ton Toyota diesel that can come with a flatbed in the US, weeaboo.

can't you mod the rear axle and put a flatbed on it too??

U can get one of these with a flatbed and a V8 reliable Diesel engine
Maybe not in the US because u get cucked by "muh domestic market"

> in the US

Says right there. Is reading hard for you?

Also not a 1 ton. Try again.

but you can put a 1ton axle on it though right?

It does carry a ton

More than a US ton actually.

the clutch is about 600, the master cylinder is another 200, replace it alll

ALL OF THIS

>ebay or alibabbba injectors
just NO, motorcraft parts only, nothing else holds up. ive had a few super duty diesels.

ALL OF THIS TOO

>i thought these things lasted a long long time.
They can, with maintenance, that truck obviously never had

the thing op should learn from the op, is that whoever hes buying the truck from hasnt maintained it, and now cant afford to fix the problems it has developed from lack of maintenance.

If you actually want to make money on this truck, you buy it, have the engine fixed by a Diesel Mechanic or Dealer(not by you). Then sell the motor and Trans separately. Sell the rest as a roller or send it to a junkyard

the ford hes looking at is rated for 5000 lbs cargo in the bed, the one ton terminology is still around from the 70's.

>have the engine fixed by a Diesel Mechanic or Dealer(not by you)
but what if I fix it right?
how the heck could i make money off of the engine if I spend like 3000$ for someone to fix it?
Couldn't i just research how to fix it, do it correctly and then sell it myself?

and how viable is it to buy it, fix it, sell it, how much money made am I looking at here

you said you dont even own tools, or have a mechanical background. youll spend more on tools than youll profit from the endeavor

the chances of you fixing it correctly, the first time, are about 1%. the changes of anybody buying an engine that you fixed is around 1% as well.

used engines go for about 1200, reman engines around 2500. maybe just sell it as is

sounds like a parts truck for 800$ Alex

i'd at least get to keep the tools though B)

why would it be so hard for me to fix it correctly?
I keep hearing that
you think I shouldnt even touch it? not even try to fix the simple stuff on the inside??

Do you know how the injectors work on a 7.3?

If you did you wouldn't be asking these questions.

The injector problem is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

For fucks sake go read up on these engines, oh yeah they are durable but if you abuse them too much and skip maintenance ummm boat anchor unless you got $$$.

three dollar signs means expensive

>simple stuff on the inside??
simple stuff isnt inside, you're so clueless at this point that you dont even know what you dont know about these engines.

You could say three dollar signs means gold teeth levels of nigga rich.

everybody here has told you to pass, and not to fuck with it. Take their advice.

modern diesel mechanics isnt simple shit for beginners. ive been an auto mechanic for 20 years, i dont fuck with diesels.

buy an f150 and learn on that, youll be able to afford parts and to fix what you fuck up. this isnt the case with a super duty diesel.

Everyone here keeps saying replacing the injectors is oh so difficult.
fordiesels.com/how-to-change-a-7-3l-powerstroke-injector/ sounds pretty fucking simple.
What are they leaving out? I'm a yuropoor so I'm not well acquainted with big Murrican diesels.

It's not the injector itself, it's everything else related to it.

trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1304dp-heui-how-high-pressure-oil-injection-systems-work/

The first thing you're missing is that op has no tools and no experience.
The second thing you're missing is the truck in question is 18 years old and has had next to no maintenance.
The third thing your missing is how fragile the wiring harness is after 18 years, and the same for all the plastic shit ford uses under the hood. also the boots on the CAC tubes, and the injector reatainer clips.

Miles are one thing the engine idle hours is quite another. Those cylinders are probably glazed like a donut. It probably still has some life left though.

ITT: OP refuses to take diesel mechanics advice on a notorious engine because he has wild dreams of making bazillions off a cheap pos diesel and becoming a master mechanic in the process

this

1 what tools do i buy, where do i learn what i need to learn.
2 i thought that these dont need maintanance, and what even is maintainance desu
3 why dont i replace the wiring harness and plastic shit, boots on the cac tubes and injector retainer clips

desu it would be nice to somehow make money off of this but really Id be happy with having an unexpensive kickass reliable truck like this one that i put effort into and not a whole lot of money

Trololololol

beingg serious. what do i gotta do

and what else should i go ahead and replace and upgrade? timing chain? anything else?

>beingg serious
>and what else should i go ahead and replace and upgrade? timing chain? anything else?

instead of throwing heaps of money at beat down piece of shit, buy a better running and driving truck