S/o/Cal March Meet

Can you faggots not let the thread 404 Edition

so whataburger for the next meet?

what

We grill our own meat at these meats, son

there's whataburger in California?

there's whatalottapizza too.

Did cummy finally finish the v8 lolvo swap?

Cummy is probably dead along with Yeen Peen, Grog, and 1DollarSaab

Thinking of showing up but have never been to ACH before. How difficult is the terrain for a motorcyclist?

Easy. Crest is the nicest and easiest road we drive

Bump

Subie shitbox coming through. This meet is timed perfectly, I take leave on Friday so I'll definitely be able to make it. Just ordered a k&n typhoon.

Nice . I have to get my front bumper painted so I don't get bullied :)

Mein neger

Can't make it, going to Chicago for a week. Sadly none of you will be able to bask in the glory of my depressingly slow BMW E36 318i.

1. One survey of business executives has ranked California as the worst state in America to do business for 8 years in a row.

2. In 2011, the state of California ranked 50th out of all 50 states in new business creation.

3. According to one recent study, California is the worst-governed state in the entire country.

4. Thanks to Proposition 30, California now boasts the highest state income tax rate in the nation.

5. Even though California just raised taxes dramatically on the wealthy, state revenues are falling like a rock. State revenue for November 2012 was 10.8 percent below projections.

6. California has the highest sales tax rate in the United States.

7. California has the 8th highest corporate income tax rate in the country.

8. California has the highest “minimum corporate tax” in the country. Each corporation must pay at least $800 to the state even if a corporation does not make a single dollar of profit.

9. California is tied with New York for the highest gasoline tax rate in the country.

10. California is the only state in America that taxes carbon emissions.

11. The state of California issues some of the most expensive traffic tickets in the nation. This is another form of taxation.

12. As of October, only Nevada and Rhode Island had higher unemployment rates than California.

13. The unemployment rate in California is more than 20 percent higher than the overall unemployment rate for the rest of the nation.

14. The state of California requires licenses for 177 different occupations (the most in the nation). The national average is only 92.

15. California teachers are the highest paid in the nation, but California students rank 48th in math and 49th in reading.

16. California accounts for 12 percent of the U.S. population, but a whopping 33 percent of Americans that receive TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) live there.

17. Only the state of Illinois has a lower bond rating than the state of California does.

18. Including unfunded pension liabilities, the state of California has more than twice as much debt as any other state does.

19. Average pay for California state workers has risen by more than 100 percent since 2005. That is good news for those state employees, but it is bad news for the taxpayers that have to pay their salaries.

20. More than 5,000 California state troopers made more than $100,000 last year.

21. One highway patrol officer ended up bringing home almost $484,000 in 2011.

22. One state psychiatrist in California was paid $822,000 in 2011.

23. Since 2007, the number of children living in poverty in the state of California has increased by 30 percent.

24. Sadly, an astounding 60 percent of all students attending California public schools now qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches.

25. The American Tort Reform Association has ranked the state of California as the worst “judicial hellhole” in America.

26. Businesses all over the state of California are being absolutely suffocated to death by ridiculous regulations.

27. According to the Milken Institute, operating costs for California businesses are 23 percent higher than the national average.

28. According to CNN, the state of California had the worst “small business failure rate” in America in 2010. It was 69 percent higher than the national average.

29. The number of people unemployed in the state of California is roughly equivalent to the populations of Nevada, New Hampshire and Vermont combined.

30. Residential customers in California pay about 29 percent more for electricity than the national average.

31. So many poor people and illegal aliens have taken advantage of the “free” healthcare at emergency rooms that many of them have been forced to shut down in California. As a result, the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.

32. Political correctness is totally out of control in California.

33. One California town is actually considering making it illegal to smoke in your own backyard.

34. The traffic around the big cities is horrific.

35. Los Angeles

36. San Francisco

37. Oakland

38. Stockton

39. Sacramento

40. The rampant gang activity in the state gets even worse with each passing year.

41. Crime continues to rise all over the state.

42. Just recently, the city attorney of San Bernardino, California told citizens to “lock their doors and load their guns” because there is not enough money to pay for adequate police protection any longer.

43. The murder rate in San Bernardino is up 50 percent this year.

44. In Oakland, burglaries are up 43 percent so far this year.

45. Today, Oakland is considered the 5th most violent city in the United States.

46. There have been more than 250 gold chain robberies in Stockton, California just since the month of April.

47. In Stockton, the police budget cuts got so bad that the police union put up a billboard at one point with the following message: “Welcome to the 2nd most dangerous city in California. Stop laying off cops.”

48. Jerry Brown.

49. The absolutely insane California state legislature.

50. Wildfires.

51. Mudslides.

52. The state of California lies directly along the infamous “Ring of Fire“. Approximately 90 percent of all the earthquakes in the entire world happen along the Ring of Fire and the “Big One” could hit the state at any moment.

53. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 100,000 more people moved out of the state of California in 2011 than moved into it.

calicucks

Sure is summer in here

>mfw you live in a flat as shit flyover state

I'm sure my friend won't mind if I go test the work I did on his z right ? :^)

>not taking it to Kitami to tune

I'll drive to your house just to help you get that thing running.

newfriend here, what's all this about? just an Veeky Forums bbq?

i wish i lived in the us so i could attend autistic Veeky Forums meetups

Throwing out invites to the SoCal O Chat on kik, post usernames if you want in. Keep the autism to the minimum

also will i get bullied for having a purple 1997 dodge neon

yes hi, joeyj818k on kik

depends on how autistic you are

i just want to make some friends since nobody i know is interested in cars, they hate them actually because they hate how bad they drive i guess

I hope I don't get bullied for this. I still need to order a new panel for the bumper.
Wagon friend?

He's cloned himself again...

just don't fly off the mountains and you'll be fine

My gt wing will probably get bullied, Ill probably take it off when I have the car in for paint.

Yours an 05?

Nah, 04. Got her last February. All stock. Haven't driven her much, been outa state since August.

She's a beaut, man. It's refreshing to see another stock blobeye, considering everyone else has already fucked theirs up. I'm actually debating on whether I should just leave the engine untouched since they're going up in value now.

Are they? I got mine for 14500. It wasn't easy finding one in decent condition and stock. She's caused me some problems but I love it. I'm gonna start to slowly do some tasteful performance mods. Cold air, exhaust, etc.

You got ripped off...but that doesnt seem to matter much now

Ripped off? Nah, most of the ones in cali with sub 100k miles were at least 15, and the ones that were less than that all looked like shit or were heavily modified

lol this thing has been in the shop more than it's been on the road. It'll be ready for whenever the next meet is :) It motivates me to work on my '74.
I want to go turbo carb on mine but I need to save up for like a year lol

That's a damn steal, I've never seen them go below 18K for a decent example nowadays. Even a clean bugeye will run you around 8-10k.

Bampu

Resistance is futile. You will all be assimilated.

Pity bump

Don't pity us. We are immortal

All the action's on kik.

so who is going so far?

From what ive seen in the last thread and this one, we have 1 WRX, 1 WRX STI, 1 yellow 350z, possibly a purple neon, and myself with my speed boat

ill take a kik invite, new to meeting you guys though ive been posting the z's here :)
enabler25

I might show, I get off work at 11am and it's a 2 hr drive

mine is dagumi69

Yellow Z reporting in. Loving the green.

Looks like Carbon Canyon. You out in the Diamond Bar area?

There's a good chance me and my hog will show up. Not sure if I'll be able to bring food though due to biku.

Bring some beans

RIP beans goy

Bringing muh Turbo

>80s music intensifies

Free bump, next one I charge

"possibly" no i'm coming even if i have to push my neon all the way there

Damn that's a nice interior.

A E S T H E T I C

why does the bean man cry?

Bumping for graet justice

I'll bring some chips and salsa. Can I get a kik invite?

hotjapanesemoms

>tfw go to /dbt/ meet
>Crash

>tfw go to parking lot
>Woman makes a direct U'y from a red zone into my lane forcing me into a pole

>tfw got bike late last year
>it has had problems over and over, I can't ride it at all at the present.

Help me numb the pain, /dbt/. I have failed my baiku.

wrong thread boi

Just saw the thread and it reminded me of when I went.

>tfw not sure if people are referring to me in this thread.
>not sure if I became a meme

I felt bad I made you all wait then. I knew it was hot out there.

To clarify, I meant to say ' s/o/cal meet* ' , it was an error.

Bamp

No this is gopher canyon, vista/Oceanside/San Marcos area

Bump. Socal is pathetic.

Bro come back. Let the legend come back to life

Now's your chance

Bampu

All factory amigo

Bump

This is starting to seem more like a mini meet rather than an actual meet...

Not many post in the threads anymore, but people show up still

Mini meets seem like they are more fun, whoever's organizing them always picks a different route.

What's the story on this?

Le bump

well the big meets are my favorite generally because more funny stuff happens plus the autism reaches critical mass.

Mini meets are fun too but shorter

Bump

User not found

Bumping

Won't make this one since I took off last weekend for the mini-meet

Cummy's not dead he's still making people angry in /org/ (not as mad as the Suburban vs Land Cruiser discussion tho)

M8 you gotta stop cloning all these blobeyes

S/o/Cal off-road/camping meet in Anza Borrego when??

Picked this up in Dubai. Should i wear it to the meet?

God I hate that furfag

You better be driving a Hilux flying a giant ISIS flag.

Shoot for late April, unless n/o/rcal decides to do a joint meet with us. Chances are they'll be camping up in the central valley, which should be nicer bc it isn't as hot up there.

Still working on it lmao it's hard to finish with no job

Goddamn dude, what else do you have planned for that thing?

To clarify, you're referring to (me) on a red scooter who brought beans, saltines, etc. ?

This crap

Ayyyyyyy bumpu

I have two things to look forward to this Saturday.
The meet and new Samurai Jacko.

Yes! You seemed pretty chill man we were all hoping you'd come back another meet.

Sadly no it'd be a black S2000. I can play ISIS music though

So the person in the OP image is supposed to be me?

I didn't think people would remember me this long, or get turned into a local meme for that matter. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Does SA22C still go to meets? I have his number from when I went. Really nice guy.

I don't know how I'd feel about riding into the mountains again. I know to not worry about following others now, though. I went too fast for my skill level at the time, especially in an unknown terrain.

My baiku lived in the end after some maintenance, but some woman pulled into my lane and forced me off the road into a cement pole, so my original baiku is dead and in Total Heaven. I still have some of the parts and some documents from it, though.

I got a 500cc sport bike some months after, but it's been having problems. I ordered a petcock repair kit the other day, and should be able to pick it up today (Thursday), so hopefully it solves my problems. Either way, I don't have a ride.

If you go, definitely wear the outfit from Dubai, it's cool.

God that couch looks awful

Yeah it's you. Feel honored, it's all in good fun

SA22C still shows up, though recently his shit's been getting worked on so he's missed a few meets.

Crest is a much easier ride than GMR for sure. You'll be fine, especially if you've learned from the accident.

If you can't make this one it's cool, but don't feel like you're not welcome. All the guys who helped you out want you to come back some time