/teso/ The Elder Scrolls Online General

Grain of Salt Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_QR80jUMdLs
youtube.com/watch?v=RSf9aEETnvE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What can really make the Warden class excellent is their morphs. Living vine is something that I hoped for, a self casted heal that recovers health in an instant. I hope for it's morph to heal more than one player.

Also something I want to see in the Warden class is buffing your teammates and restoring resources. Buff's like weapon and spell damage, critical and glad that the Winter embrace Ultimate brings a defensive boost, probably will become the Nova for Warden healers. And resources, I would like to see a way to provide teammates with stamina and magika, currently there's just too much straight up health with their kit.

So... I run a NB Stam Tank and I'm at lvl 12 right now. I use Assassination (Killer's Blade, Ambush and Death Stroke), 1-H&S (Pierce Armor, Heroic Sash), Fighter's Guild's Silver Bolts. As you can see, I cannot AoE (I'd like to run Caltrops, but I guess it's too hard to get the Assault level required until I can be of any use at Cyrodill).

Could I be of any use in a dungeon even so?

You want to invest into siphoning, drop the Assassination skills and also go into the Shadow. In low level dungeons you'll always feel like a behemoth without having a meta build.

I'm making an Altmer, but I haven't purchased the thing that lets me make characters on opposing factions. Am I making a mistake?

In order to change your race into a something that doesn't fit in your faction you'll need the Imperial Edition. And you cannot change your faction once you join it.

Factions only matter for PvP now.

>Imperial Edition
*Adventurer Pack

My main problem (or at least, that was what I was told to yesterday) is that I didn't have any AoE, so I could not pull the aggro for myself... I just used Pierce Armor on them while the group randomly attacked, sometimes even initiating before me...

Should I wait till I got a 2nd bar to get Bow's Volley or should I respec? Or should I go to Cyrodiil and try to get Caltrops (even though it looks too much difficult, since I'm a total noob) I really like the Assassination tree and I like the idea of having a DPSy Tank in order to have an easier time questing.

I don't want to be on a shit/underpopulated faction for PvP though, that was my reason for asking.

>hybrids

Well, I read that the main reason to be a NB Stam Tank is that its DPS makes questing all right. Is that wrong?

I picked up ESO (tameriel, not gold) in the recent sale as I wanted to try the game out. Seems fun so far, though just in the regional beginner area. Started as a sorc because I fucking love summons/minions. I was wondering whether or not going full plate with shield/1h weapon would be usable? I have no interest in doing hardcore endgame content, going to probably mostly play the game casually.

Generally in elder scrolls games I end up doing full plate runs with conjured minions. Seems from the skill tree I could also do self regen with dark magic. I was wondering though, do the minions scale off of magika or just their own skill damage? If not, what stat should I focus in?

Crafting looks interesting too, gonna try blacksmithing.

Odd, I thought Imperial had that perk.
You're fine, you're new and shouldn't be held to such expectations. A bow with a tank can work, but I would recommend to spend some time grinding out in the cesspool of PvP and unlock Clatrops.

It has, but now anyone can buy it with crowns from the store.

Right lads, been playing a few days now and I'm level 10. I remember you guys saying that once it was level 10 I could do a bunch of the more socials stuff so what's the deal, guilds/raids and shit like that?

I'm currently fighting some ice-cunt reach bastard in Wrothgar with a qt elf.

>Old thread haven't reached bump limit
>OP horribly outdated

you think someone would do that, just make a new thread early?

Go ahead and go full plate and minions scale off magicka.
If you someday get into endgame dungeons there's a dungeon set that has chance to summon deadroth(that dungeon is piss easy).
youtube.com/watch?v=_QR80jUMdLs

That elf is a cute, but there's not a lot other than PvP I can think of that's granted your level. I don't know whose been telling you it will bring a bunch more social options.

You can now experience the glory that is to be one-shot by tryhards at Cyrodiil

>mastercraft on everything
>loot green and blue blueprints
>turn off craft and filter addons

Do I have to gather mats to unlock?

There's materials added to the game for the sole purpose of crafting furniture. You'll need them and that's why your crafting options are empty.

Who's the best NPC you've ever met and why?

I've joined a queue for dungeon groups, is that an awful idea? Whole reason I got this game was to dive into raids and social stuff.

In other news, is it cool if I join the Veeky Forums guild now? PC EU, take it i can just message the guy mentioned in the OP?

Sounds cool. Guess I'll go full into magika and use sword & board for blocking and damage in between spells.

Any DLC that's really useful early on? Annoyed that apparently you can't upgrade to Gold edition so all the extra packs are gonna be way more expensive.

How do I discover the mats if I can't see the requirements? I don't what recipes I've read.

>In other news, is it cool if I join the Veeky Forums guild now? PC EU, take it i can just message the guy mentioned in the OP?
Yes!

Set your filter to show items that don't meat your level and material requirements.

Alright boys I'm going to try and make a Ice Staff tank work, even if it wont be viable for Trials. Anything I suggestions for making this shitty tank work? Thinking of doing NB.

Go double staff for an AoE bar and a Defensive bar with Frost or Destro/Resto. NB has a decent line up of self survival and self sustain skills so up to you.

I'm also working on a NB magicka tank

Why do they do this?
I mean, they did guars way better than TESRenewal, but shalks should have been the black beetles, and alits should have been literal walking alligator mouths. Just give me my Ethiopian lamprey-men, damn it.

I never did a writ, is that it?

try /reloadui. If that doesn't work, try disabling some addons. If you don't have any addons, and it's still not showing up, you may be shit outta luck.

Fucking game keeps crashing on me. Twice now I've tried to boot up the game but it never loads into character select, and if I alt tab out I can't kill the process and shits all fucked. Had to restart both times (hard restart, as windows just wont shut down). Holy hell what is this shit.

It has nothing to do with the writ, something is up with your UI. It shouldn't be blank.
Try this.

How much effort actually goes into playing this game at a high level? Do I need to be spamming dailies, doing insane rep grinds, or spending two months playing catch up?

Sent you a message famalam

It's the CookeryWiz addon. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, doc.

You can do it, lad. I believe in you!

Send me another one or tell me your user ID/character name.

user id is

@stella780

>try to learn woodworking 3 recipe
>have more than enough woodworking ranks to craft it
>'your level is not high enough'
what did he mean by this

that's a bug that was claimed to be fixed in today's update.

Think we'll get telvanni houses in Morrowind?

I made a fresh Windows and just copied my TESO folder from the old Steam folder, can I not just copy it back on my ssd and steam will recognize it? Clicking Play button in launcher doesn't do shit.

There are at least 3 player houses in Vvardenfell.

Are sorcs and DKs the only classes with spammable aoe CC? (talons and encase) How do other tanks deal with locking down groups of trash?

bumping my question

Also, I see there are microtransactions for respecs. Am I going to need to pre-plan my build heavily to avoid having to spend money respecing? Not sure if there is some sort of one-time free respec you can access to swap out of your leveling build to an end-game build

You have to reinstall it.
Dragging and dropping doesn't work with most games these days.

You'd have to spend some time playing catchup, yeah. Mostly because to get a ton of skill points you have to go to all the zones and collect shards, as well as do the main story quest which can take some time.

Also, you can respec quite easily and cheaply ingame for ingame money. The cash shop stuff is about race changes, or faction changes.

Respecs can be bought with ingame gold relatively cheaply, but you can always look up a specialization guide beforehand. It's a good idea to look up information on classes beforehand, though, since I found all of the classes to be incredibly boring and not at all like I assumed they would play(except for the Templar).

>Make a nice looking outfit with set pieces
>Pointy fucking Nord boots ruin it.

I'm so glad there's no transmogrification thing for set/named armor.

Thanks, I'm not all that triggered by having to collect the sky shards(?) for skill points since I remember there being maps for them. I've just been looking to play an MMO that isn't a hardcore trap in terms of time requirement/P2W shops. ESO seems like a solid fit and from what I've seen on the general the majority of the people seem like semi-normal humans. On that note, how is the /teso/ NA guild?

I've seen the people from /bdog/ so I know that /teso/ can't be anywhere near as bad, but I'd still like to avoid putting my name out there if it's just a meme'ing guild

>transmogrification
no, shut up don't give them ideas
they might charge 10,000 crowns per piece

So many possibilities

Would it fuck up anything if they made it so 2h weapons count as 2/5 set items instead of 1/5?

I don't know anything about the game but comparing that to any other game with set bonuses that sounds too strong
>2h weapon + chest + shoulder = 4 set
>legs + gloves = 2 set
I have no idea if there is anything like that in this game but that's just an example I am thinking of in fairly common game design. If they do have sets that are structured that way it would probably be insane

well Dual Wield and Sword and Board both count the weapon and shield in terms of enchantments, to the point that DW is better not only for every melee DPS but it's even better for heal and sorc builds because double traits.

It'd be a nice little bonus, considering bow + staff all have a range bonus that two-handed lacks. People would whine that bow + staves deserve it too but fuck that

Is Green Pact + Plague Doctor a good tanking set up?

In ESO set effects only begin at 2 (with very uncommon exceptions)
helm and shoulders are always occupied by a special type of set (monster set which is 2 piece set only)
Usually the 5th effect of a 5piece is the most sought after for example in pic related with some of the effects sometimes being absolutely irrelevant (also in pic related)
So mixing and matching 3piece and 4piece won't really get you anywhere outside of the few exception sets
I'm a magic user and I dual-wield swords because not only does it give me flat out more damage than using a staff (since last time i checked) I can also get a 5 piece effect instead of 4 that I'd get from having to wield a staff

For noob tanking to learn mechanics and whatever sure

>be absent for one day
>log in
>3 things sold in guild store
>open hireling mail
>a Kuta
on my way to do crafting writs, gonna get those gold tempers

wow that's pretty unfortunate then

So I've posted in the last two threads about magicka NB trying to figure out my build before I made my character. Just found out that you can do a stamina based mage NB builds? Really have no idea how that is possible. What are the pro/cons of magicka vs stamina mage builds? I thought that all of the staff abilities would be scaling off of my magicka and since I remember class abilities being magicka based, it seemed like that would be the strongest setup for a mage character.

Whats a good set for a MagPlar DPS?

>just did the writs
>got Rosin and 74 voucher master writ

Any fun builds that can fish for big damage procs and blast some fuckers to the moon?

>those skills
>just taking the best parts of templar healing, DK tank, and mashing them together
>making two classes irrelevant

Either this class is going to be shit, or it's going to invalidate two classes.....

Since you can get every skill, deciding on a build before you've started is meaningless. I have no idea what this stamina mage build you refer to is either.

You're either talking about hybrids or "stamina based [CLASS](not 'mage')"
Destruction staff skills are ALL magic-based and scale off magic no exceptions

CLASS abilities sometimes have a morph that change from a magic ability into a stamina-based and stamina-scaling ability, not all abilities have this option for example cloak - a very commonly used ability with magic-nightblades does not have a stamina morph thus you will rarely see a stamina-based nightblade using it, that was just an example and pretty bad one at that but basically if its a damage ability and you morph it to stamina while you are magic based it's going to be shit and if you try to be a hybrid you are going to be shit, you can be a stamblade or a magblade but you definitely wont be a stamblade mage

You should just make your character it wont really matter for a while and you can always switch builds whenever you want

All these short male Bosmer surrounded by 7ft tall female Altmer really gets me fired up

I wanted to have an idea as to whether or not I would be going stamina/magicka so I could decide on a race. Either going Altmer or Breton for magicka and for stamina I'm between Redguard and Bosmer.

I'd prefer playing on Daggerfall Covenant as I don't particularly want to spend money on the adventurer's pack before I decide if I'll even stick with the game. I'd like to gank people out of stealth and Bosmer seems really strong for stamina stealth builds and Altmer seems like the strongest pick for mage characters.

I asked someone on twitch if magicka NB was shit and they told me that "stamina mage Nightblades are amazing" so I think they were just retarded or didn't understand my question.

Is there a "standard" amount of points that people drop into health to reach a soft cap or something?

>be me
>play TESO in a shitty laptop which can barely run the game in medium settings
>playing an altmer DK who sucks and can barely tank, but I have a lot of fun doing quests and playing for RP purposses mosttly
>february of 2016
>Zenimax drops openGL support
>my character, who survived the war, who recovered his soul from Molag bal hands, who helped the trhree factions to solve their problems, finally dies for a technicism

sucks to be poor

Anybody knows any nightblade healer builds? I'm tired of waiting 5 hours every time I'm looking for dungeons.

>Before one tamriel
>Fill out entire maps, kill all the world bosses
>after One Tamriel
>have all these black spaces on maps for world bosses that can't be soloed anymore (at least not by a stamblade)
>nobody ever around to kill them

triggering OCD.

How do you fix someone that became ash?

What did they mean by this?

>>Before one tamriel
>>Fill out entire maps, kill all the world bosses
You what? There were like 20 people in the veteran zones, I remember camping a world boss for at least 2 hours and nobody came

Need help on improving my characters looks. Any Suggestions?

Well I like her so far.
Maybe some other hair?

Yeah you can race change

so get a job hippie

This is a picture from the back, I'm not a fan of hair with a lot of volume, any styles in particular to try?
N-no bully, pleasu

Maybe the one that gives you these thee little knobs on your head

Hello friends I am trying to make a
>Magicka NB Tank
can you help? I am noob
I am planning Frost Staff for bar 1, and thinking about Resto for bar 2 or sword and board
do I max magicka or health? Any other suggestions?

You mean the "Herd of Ponies"?

Yeah I think that's what it is called

New player as well, but I have seen a few videos on that build type. I think it might have been in the Deletia guide playlist from the OP. From what I've seen anytime people have a build they are always dumping all points into either stamina or magicka. It could be different on a tank, but you'll be safe dropping points into magicka until you find out what you're doing.

Question for other people. I'm making an Altmer, should I get the adventurer's pack and take them Daggerfall to avoid a bad/small community with Aldmeri? It seems like DC is the better pick but I don't want to waste the crowns on the pack if there isn't a point

youtube.com/watch?v=RSf9aEETnvE

what's this about bad/small community? AD is biggest alliance by number of people I'm pretty sure

I wasn't saying that it was a reality, I was asking if that was the case. I've seen a significant amount of praise for DC so I wasn't sure what I would be getting myself into. Honestly I think the AD racials look like the the strongest pick for any build

In terms of population its AD > EP > DC
In terms of PvP its DC > EP > AD

Magicka races are Altmer > Dunmer >>> Breton
Stamina races are Redguard > Orc > Khajiit >Bosmer
Special note to Argonians for being a healer/tank
Imperial/Orc are also both good tanks

Never roll Nord.

AD's community isn't bad, i'd say DC is filled with tryhards and yes, the most elitist players play in that faction too, we're kind of a middle ground, with EP being mostly Skyrimbabbies in that regard.

Are you able to trade with players in this game? I don't know if I'm able to have someone trade me some gear with the training modifier on it

I'd prefer playing with some normies honestly. Also that gives me the option to trigger some of the "good players" in PvP

>orc and redguard over khajiit
khajiit best DPS race, redguard wins over for resources but what is orc doing anywhere but tank

I'm a poorfag that's sitting here with $20 burnign a hole in my pocket.

Would like to play a mmo that doesnt cost constant money/

Redpill me on ESO. Is it worth buying the vanilla edition?