Eve Online general /eog/

New>Old no matter how much screaming autist are gonna tell you

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
Yes

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed)

Future:
>The Guardian's Gala 14-28 Feb
>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/60004549/
zkillboard.com/kill/59961222/
zkillboard.com/kill/59929588/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>amarr

Is EVE just
>Ancaps IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE: The Game?

kys op

>hyper aggressive market
>no restrictions on where you can shoot other players
yeah

Join Dronelands today! Comrade xXDEATHXx needs your rent payment.

yea, except you can't die, which is the only way ancap kinda works.

It's an excel simulator with a space ship skin

Thank you Kevin.

thanks for the free plex :^)

Join horde
zkillboard.com/kill/60004549/

>tfw no friends

so I'll ask again:
are they really doing a victory skin for a shitty destroyer?
and did they announce anything good on the o7 show?

How can Horde line members afford to PVP when they don't have SRP? Are they just buying PLEX? Do they rat for 6 hours to buy a single ship? Do people really spend their own money on doctrine fits?

>tfw blue to horde

That guy is either a memer or retarded
zkillboard.com/kill/59961222/
zkillboard.com/kill/59929588/

>thousands of members
>nobody to tell how to fit ships

Horde gives ships away

do you really think your alliance taking most of your isk then giving some of it back to you when you die is better than them not doing that?

Cheap frigs like everyone else. And if you try to rely on handouts only they tell you to make your own Isk.

Horde tax is 10%. There are many corps and alliances with comparable or even lower tax rates that have SRP. In some you even make a profit flying logi or dictors.

I just don't see how it's a good deal for their line members. They're mostly low SP players and won't have LVL5 alts or run reaction farms on the side.
I'm sure PH is a great if you're a turbojew running buyback programs and importing doctrine ships but what does a new player get out of it?
They have to sell PLEX or rat in a VNI to buy all these Scorps and Caracals.

>but what does a new player get out of it?
Nothing, horde probably is just a way for PL to make isk and have pets.

>Cheap frigs like everyone else. And if you try to rely on handouts only they tell you to make your own Isk.
They give out ferox's for their BC fleets

> if you try to rely on handouts only they tell you to make your own Isk.
Well no kidding, even Horde doesn't want you to mooch off of them.
Hell, you can spend literally only an hour venture mining and get enough isk to pay for at least 5 cheap frigates.

oneiros

keep your weird fetishes to yourself

>Mfw just joined a comfy dronelands corp
Feels gud

>"exploration is good"
>jumped through 20+ null systems
>one combat site in every system, lucky if wormhole signature, nothing else
What am i missing?

Luck

I find it easier to go from highsec in k162s and go from there

why is it too late to start playing eve

Stratios or Proteus for WH pvp?

All the memes have already been thought of.
There's just no point trying. Everything has lost its meaning.

Pondering the ol' 'cide

There are no real wars in EVE, it's all just a scam. Guilds are ran by a cabal of middle aged men who all know each other in real life. No one is trying to hurt their enemies. EVE conflicts are as meaningful as a round of Dota2.

kinda like real life

An illusion maybe but how is it a scam

Gala when

The nullsec corp gatecamp that blaps you.

>be in horde, can fly doctrine scorpion
>never plan on doing so because that's like 5 hours of ratting

In 12 hours and 20 minutes if they don't fuck up the patch.

They will.

Is there any place to read up on what the changes are with the patch?

community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/119.2-release-to-be-deployed-on-february-14-2017/

>in renter alliance
>don't have to bother with wars
>if any neutrals/reds come to our system we're all competent enough to defend our space
>can leave at any time if SHTF

Sounds boring desu

>make shitloads of money
>hardly get bothered
>can go pvp whenever
we've got some guy who pulls in billions a day with a mining fleet

>aquire high Jita standing trade alt with tycoon 4
>start trading with 5b
>only make a couple hundred million per month
>most of my profit comes from weekly price fluctuations
>can't ever make 5% daily profit with just daytrading even when I 0.01 Isk with EVERNUS

Am I just retarded? The only way I can think of to make decent Isk is by flipping injectors or rorqual mining drones and that requires insane amounts of time or running a bot.
Should I just sell my trade alt?

>new player exploring in null sec
>50m loot from from only 1 relic site which I found like in 5 jumps or so
>10m loot from 30 systems and 1 wh
how?

you're looking in an area that's mostly depleted but got lucky once

>first time exploring
>get first 100m in a single ghost site in high sec
>getting the second 100m took about 10 multi-hour expeditions to null/wh totalling close to 40 hours over 2 weeks
I quit exploration and never looked back. Met more hunting Asteros than cans worth over 4m.

Catch and Stain used to be the place to go, until TEST moved into the area. Querious would probably be a good place to look.

I found the 50m in Stain. Then I tried Scalding Pass, Fountain and a WH but it was mostly empty.

see

wh
pvp

I explored for close to 40 hours.
Bet there's just a few places I *haven't* been to.

40 hours is nothing, you didn't have enough time to even sample each area of nullsec

Everyone knows about the sansha relics, so they just camp the respawns if they live there.

It earned me next to nothing, so why would I continue or give it more effort (like sample regions or w/e).
Mining in a venture is triple the money with tenth of the risk, hundredth of the effort and twelfth of the commitment.

You're right. Don't explore, there's nothing to gain from it. Especially stay out of nullsec please.

>he fell for the exploration meme

This. We're full.

>user, your wallet says you gave someone 20m. Is this an alt you havent told us about?

Nope. It's a friend I'm trying to get to play the game with me again. He's being really ambivalent.

>it's my f-friend

>he fell for comfy corp meme

>giving anyone access to your api

>there is someone autistic enough to actually spend time scouring/watching their members' wallets

Christ

I have 5 injectors and a new alt

What should I do with him?

Get 30 more injectors

I don't mind leaving him for a while but I'm not buying more injectors lad

Why would people sell their characters? It's like selling children.

>people want instant access to certain ships (like strategic cruisers)
>skill injectors didn't exist at the time

>having friends

>Chasing enemy fleet with tackle frigate in fleet
>Play cat-mouse games with for at least an hour
>Fight finally breaks out
>Get blapped instantly
>Got on literally no killmail
This is why no one flies hero tackle.

>muh killboard

Everyone who was there to witness it knows, that's all that matters.

it's nice to at least have some documentation that you helped

Sorry that some people are in corps where being in killmail actually matters.

>Having a shit KDA
It's like you want to be turned away for being a shitter. Only fly shitfits and stay back to tag the most expensive kills if you don't want to look like a scrub faggot.

What's the point in a single mining alt? The time and money would be better off just buying plex. Everything I see is like 50-70m/hour even in null.

all I ever get is losses because I don't care for pvp
I'm at the point now that I can properly get into it
you need a fleet of alts to make decent amounts mining

I had 2 and ended up using my 1st one 90% of the time. Instead of resubbing I decided to just sell off the other one. Now I can pvp for like 6 months without having to do a minute of EVE's watching paint dry pve

this, i used to do a lot of solo roaming and earned each killmail the hard way. i've been rejected from lots of corps i've applied to because i'm 30% snuggly on zkill and my lifetime kills are 'too low' when a F1 monkey who only anchors has 10-20 times the amounts of kills per time played.

to get into a good corp just whore kills and train a FAX alt, that's all there is to it.

how can I have fun if:

>I work a full time job and go to the gym when I'm off
>leaves me with ~1 hour of play time
>can only binge play on weekends

I joined a mining corp because I'm a fucking faggot and was afraid of dying. They gave me some dope cybers though and I felt compelled to stay, even though all I did was shoot the shit with 5 middle aged european dudes who stayed up really late. I'm a nooblord sitting on 3.5m xp and considering joining a better corp. Spent a lot of time at work lurking the wiki so I'm not completely hopeless. Any corp recommendations? Any /v/ corps? unsure if pastebin corp still active/worthwhile

uhh, npsi probably

Any corp in goons if you want to live in null

>goons

I haven't played eve since 2014, have no isk and no assets. Every single alliance\corp I have been in has died, quite literally. I started in a muh comfy corp startup alliance, it died. Then I joined Insidious Empire(EMP), it died. Then I joined the Kadeshi, it died a couple weeks after, then Gentlemens club, closed it's doors a couple weeks after just like the rest. Am I cursed?

>minmanigger

Market is down again FOR FUCK SAKE CCP

>gallente skins

join PL

If I want to make some extra ISK on the side in addition to ratting or mining or whatever, is PI a good thing to do? I don't do industry and I'd only be doing it to sell materials back to my corp. Would it be worth my time or would it be a wasted investment?

>mfw all the newfags doing PI and taking all my resources

a good starter PI plan just requires a week's worth of skillan

Looks good. Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

>someone left a full set of faction heavies at an anom

I'd fly a victory cormorant if it was less of a blob meme and also less shit for fun pvp

>tfw 78m sp
>tfw extracted all my PI skills for a week off capital ships 5

I recently read Empires of Eve and was wondering, is there anything similarly well-documented for some of the more recent Eve conflicts such as World War Bee? Everything that google has turned up on them has been either short game website articles or heavily one-sided propaganda from one of the sides involved.

>100% are 50% grey
I think they're trying to tell us something here

>not flying a ceptor with a full rack of inertial stabs to fuck off the moment someone targets you
Smhtbh