Should I learn to drive a manual?

Should I learn to drive a manual?

I want a Mustang but don't know how to drive stick. This would be my daily driver and commuter and I work downtown in a big city.

What are the pros and cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc13.com/news/carjacker-kills-father-because-car-isnt-automatic-transmission/1796915/
youtube.com/watch?v=RNTUDY4oQDw
wtop.com/sprawl-crawl/2016/03/study-ranks-d-c-traffic-2nd-worst-u-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not if you get stuck in traffic a lot.

But should you learn it? Sure, why not?

Autists/Friendless losers like it. Why? Because we don't have anyone to text and drive so being busy with the clutch and stick doesn't matter.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God!

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Bane thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" CIA agent guy, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about a capeshit movie. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Banefag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "FOR YOU FOR YOU FOR YOU." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever.

You want to drive manual, that's great, why not drive a good car then?

That's usually the breaking point for most people, but many of us deal with heavy traffic on a regular basis and drive manuals but we don't bitch and whine about it because when the road is wide open it's more enjoyable to drive

Especially when your stuck in top gear and you can't shift anymore and it feels no different then an auto

>He only drives straight roads

>Pennsylvania roads are straight and flat

> It can't rev, it can't drift

> Is it a stone?

> No it's an autist in his autotragic

>you have mountains that is a lie

>be burger

What's wrong with a Mustang?

>He can't deal with traffic
>He can't text while driving manual

Don't worry user, soon you'll be able to trade in your CVT cuckbox for a car that drives itself.

>couldnt drive a manual
>always wanted one
>scared I would hate it
>will never go back after only 3 weeks

God I wasted 4 good years driving automatic

A manual 6.0ltr v8 ute is sexual no matter how sloppy the t56 is

>ute
Dropped

But its the perfect vehicle

If you're an absolute beginner it can be a bit of a pain to get stuck in a traffic jam with a manual.

Once you can actually operate it you'll prefer to have the manual in a traffic jam anyway.

Yeah, at least for the experience

What mustang are you considering? They can range from total dogshit to pretty darn good depending on the year and engine.

>> No it's an autist in his autotragic
>implying my daily isn't a manu'el

>Pine Creek Gorge.
>Allegheny mountains.

>I work downtown in a big city.
Manual sucks ass if all you're gonna do is be stuck in traffic.

you the guy who accidentally buffed off paint on his red UTE? If so what came of that? You get it sorted out m8?

>Should I learn?
You might as well. You'll never be in a situation where you don't know how to drive a car again.

Until he needs to rush to the hospital and the only thing around is a Ford pickup with a crashbox

2015 ecoboost

Have my reasons for the i4 over v8 but figure I can catch less flak by learning stick

The pro is that people can't steal your car, the con is that you'll then be shot by the incompetent asswipes.

abc13.com/news/carjacker-kills-father-because-car-isnt-automatic-transmission/1796915/

Just get the fucking V8.

>The pro is that people can't steal your car
Absolutely they can.
Every beaner on the block has a dickshit civic.

This, pussy.

hahahahaha NO

they have slushbox civics

Nope

>Should I learn to drive a manual?
No you shouldn't

go to every dealer in town and test drive manual cars

That's the thing though. People that seek out manual transmissions like to work for what they want, instead of taking the easy way out.

Pro: meme
Con: everything
Don't learn manual not worth it

>People that seek out manual transmissions like to work for what they want, instead of taking the easy way out.
False, it means they found the car they want on the lot but it has a manual transmission.
Stop assuming people have higher intentions than just grabbing what has the most features.

Dude you replied to here. Also a v6 owner. Don't get anything other the v8, it's a never ending shit storm of people you don't care about giving you crap for your car.

Better option would be a gt86. People think it's expensive + it's better in every way but power. That'll be my next car once I can go full time and comfortably afford a new car.

i bought my car specifically because it had stick shift. If it was auto i would have turned 360 degrees and walked away

140hp shitboxes with autos are no fun
140hp shitboxes with stick are fun

Also having a manual doesn't help at all. I'm sure ecoboost would get even more flak than my $1000 v6 because you don't have the excuse of not being able to afford something better.

>i bought my car specifically because it had stick shift. If it was auto i would have turned 360 degrees and walked away
That's cool but you're not everybody.
I know of at least 3 people in my town including my brother who literally do not give one shit what transmission it has and will buy the car regardless.

The only reason I bought my I4 shitbox was because it came in stick and it was a pretty good manual. 100% would not have purchased it if it was only available in the auto/CVT.

>be playing Xbox with a squad
>they're all taking a break except me and this 16 year old
>he keeps talking about these cars he's looking at
>"OH MAN, I HOPE IT ISN'T A MANUAL"
>everytime
>i try to convince him he should just bite the bullet and learn now, and then he could see manual as a feature, and not an exclusion option to his lsit
>he won't budge
>convinced automatic is magic
>whatever
>keeps looking at shitty dodge and chevy pickups, automatic or bust

It comes down to cost. A GT premium would go another $10k. That's on top of insurance and gas, though those are less important. A louder engine isn't worth that to me

But I don't like trying to explain myself everytime it comes up or being called a pussy lol. "SHOULDA GOT A V8 user"

>owns an xbox
>doesn't want to learn manual
>thinks autotragic is good
>only looks at pieces of shit from general motors & daimler chrysler/fca

you should murder him so his inferior genes don't spread

Then buy a fucking passat.

>But I don't like trying to explain myself everytime it comes up or being called a pussy lol. "SHOULDA GOT A V8 user"
$20 you'll want the V8 at a later point and you'll hit yourself for not getting it while you had the chance. You don't realize how gutless a 4 banger is until you drive something with torque.

Just trust me on this one. If you can't afford the real thing then buy something else. You purchasing a meme-boost just tells ford to make more of them because it's in demand, another reason you'll get shit.

Come over here and make me you big sissy boy

>daimler chrysler
Damnliar*

>calling anyone else a sissy

There is one fucking rule with mustangs

>Are you a woman?
>Yes - get the V6/i4
>No - get the V8
It's not a louder engine. It's the entire fucking point of the vehicle. Go get a Civic if you want a turbo I4.

This

How many pairs of cargo shorts do you own?

Okay okay

I was planning on tuning the Eco anyways, and that wouldn't be cheap. So if I found a good deal on a GT Premium...and maybe I can...

Would you give me shit less shit for an auto GT?

New autos are technically better than manuals just less fun, so probably.

>Would you give me shit less shit for an auto GT?
I wonder how many times throughout your life you've managed to defeat yourself.

Why is it wrong to get an Ecoboost I4? Shit makes more power than the V6 but brings back to the days of the foxbody

I just bought a gt premium mustang v8.... with autotragic transmission.

I've never owned a manual but can drive one. The only two reasons I went with the auto is that I might eventually get transferred to the D.C. Area and already live in a city, and my family may need to drive my car at some point and they can't drive manual.

Did I fuck up?

Because
A: V6 is a shit engine no matter what
B: It doesn't have the potential that the V8 has
C: Forced induction engines are under more stress than N/A

It's a non-V8 muscle car. Automatically shit

you fucked up when you got a family cuck

>Shit makes more power than the V6 but brings back to the days of the foxbody
No it really doesn't bring back the days of the fox. The days of the fox where Five fucking Ohs. The SVO was kind of neat but nobody really gave a shit and it died quickly. The SVO is not the go to memory of a fox body mustang. It's not the fucking numbers on paper. It's the feeling of V8 torque in a fucking muscle car.

youtube.com/watch?v=RNTUDY4oQDw

No, drive a manual in the D.C. metro area and realize what Hell really is.

Says the fatass

>It's the feeling of V8 torque in a fucking muscle car
Torque virgin here. What is this feel

I drive in New Orleans metro traffic in a manual. You have to be mentally disabled to struggle or even feel effort after the first month in hard stop and go traffic. You also have to be mentally disabled to try and do the automatic crawl in stop and go traffic. Just fucking weight until the cars infront of you are actually moving, then take off and fully release the clutch.

>What is this feel
idling down the street at 20mph

>New Orleans
Oh so it's fucking nothing.
lel D.C. is a whole nother ball game m8 stop frontin.

It's what makes your shitty ancient V8 actually feel fast. There is no way to describe what it's like to have more torque at take off than many I4s make at peak.

It feels like when you go over the peak on a roller coaster and start rapidly descending down. Gives you butterflies in your stomach.

Just imagine braking really hard but in reverse

Fuck out of here pretending stop and go is magically harder in Nigger town USA. You know what it's like to have one fucking route through town because you're surrounded by water on all sides?

It fucking is you stupid faggot. It is complete and utter chaos every inch of the way

>You know what it's like to have one fucking route through town because you're surrounded by water on all sides?
You know what it's like to have a traffic jam at every intersection and non-stop jaywalkers?
D.C traffic is by far the worst traffic in the country outside of L.A.
Sit here and keep assuming D.C is nothing but white government buildings lel.

>Nigger town USA
Big talk from New Orleans faggot, you don't know shit, get out of the basement sometime.

Nigger I drive in Fury Road aka I10 every day. I routinely dodge ATVs and cars burning on the side of the road. Fuck out of here.

CIA can't drive you into a tree if you can just knock the shifter into neutral.

>>Work downtown in a big city

Unless it's someplace like New York, Shanghai, Beijing, L.A. or someplace with a lot of crazy hills, you don't know shit about traffic and you won't really notice after a few months.

>You know what it's like to have a traffic jam at every intersection and non-stop jaywalkers?
What is all of downtown New Orleans

DC does have worse traffic because you're a bigger city, but don't fucking pretend like it's orders of magnitude worse. Even TomTom has you at rank 90 and us at 123 for the entire world. Nevermind that Baton Rouge is 106 You spend 4% more time in traffic on average. Miss me with that whining shit DC Niggers.

>What is all of downtown New Orleans
Not the second worst traffic in the country.
wtop.com/sprawl-crawl/2016/03/study-ranks-d-c-traffic-2nd-worst-u-s/

> but don't fucking pretend like it's orders of magnitude worse.
I don't have to pretend when it's already fact.

>A: V6 is a shit engine no matter what
>implied ecoboost I4

Once someone hears V6 they get triggered

V6 has all the worst qualities of a V8 with none of the benefits.

There is nothing wrong with the ecoboost. So many children here. There's a Mustang for everyone. Is the GT the best ride? No doubt. Not everyone can afford it either. This isn't what Veeky Forums is about.

>and my family may need to drive my car at some point
you're a fucking retard for that to be a necessity when you buy a car

buy a car for yourself, not for anyone else you moron

>There's a Mustang for everyone
Yes, because it was originally conceived as a chick car.

>forgets that discussion was on the I4

We already get you hate V6's. Just because I said V6 in these two sentences means you'll be triggered.

>Nigger town USA
>Big talk from New Orleans faggot, you don't know shit, get out of the basement sometime.
This trigs the nigs.

>26007 ▶
>
>>There's a Mustang for everyone
>Yes, because it was originally conceived as a chick car.
You were originally conceived in a uterus, that doesn't mean you have to be a pussy the rest of your life.

No it means V6 is objectively shit and i need to remind everyone before they accidentally buy one like i once did.
I don't care if you own one but i must stop others from doing so before they regret it.

>to be a pussy
be in a pussy*

It's pretty faggy to tell people to buy a car because MUH VROOM MUH TORQUE

But I guess it'll dissuade drivers who worry too much about what others think and they don't deserve to have nice things, so good job

>I bought the V6 one time

Dude are you ignoring the fact that I was asking why the boosted I4 is hated? I was never asking about the V6 but what you just said makes sense. Go make a PSA somewhere.

ive driven in both towns and DC is another level. new Orleans is like downtown Raleigh on its worst day. DC is unfucking real though

>the V6
no, A V6.

>why the boosted I4 is hated?
It's a 4 banger in a mustang, if you want a turdbo I4 go buy a Civic or something and save some $.

>It's pretty faggy to tell people to buy a car because MUH VROOM MUH TORQUE
I'm telling him to get the V8 because everyone on this board who has bought anything less has wished that they bought the V8.

dude I once bought a hemi 5.7 and felt like shit for not getting the 6.2.

He is telling you the cold honest truth. find a car you like and can afford, and buy the top of the line model

mustang sexier than civic tho

God fucking forbid we don't pretend Sam's Choice Cola is the same as Coke. Because that's what the ecoboost/v6 is, Sam's Choice. But hey, you can talk all the shit you want at the lunch table pretending it's not different.

Why are you pretending to be me faggot?

Until nobody hears the burble of a murican V8.

False.

My V6 was a Chevy fag

>flipped image
Nice try though lol

>that bald, soulless shadow

What?

I have a full head of hair though

It's hard to hurt someone when you're factually wrong friendos