Classic Subarus ftw

Anyone else have a 4WD or other pre-AWD Subaru?

If subaru made a inline 4, i would buy it

what exactly prevented you from posting the fullsize image in landscape format?

Why? Boxers are half of why Subarus are cool.

Boxers are a pointless meme engine with no benefit

Didn't have an image editor that lets me draw, so I Justy used Messenger's built-in one, which apparently made it stupid. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

But muh lowered center of mass
Seriously, though, it's an easy way to get slightly better handling out of a car without increasing cost too much.

It doesnt handle better though.
With modern aluminum block engines you can have the weight low and BEHIND the front axles.
Why would you want weight over the axles and spread out closer to the wheels.
Its the opposite of good handling.

Pros:
>Lower cog
Cons:
>More mass in front of axle (if AWD)
>Usually limited to mcstruts
>Twice as many heads by default
I would claim boxers are shit at servicing anything around the heads, but some people REALLY believe it's just as easy.

I see what you're saying, but does that make the Loyale or older Outback a contemporarily bad car?
Also, is vertical or horizontal weight distribution more important? I don't know a ton about the physics of driving.

I would love to see proof of lower COG.
Suabru H4 vs a same displacement aluminum I4.
I bet its VERY little to no difference.

Also, I have an I3; would you buy that?

No.

> not acknowledging three-cylinder master race

Also forgot to say:
Pros:
>Better balancing
Cons:
>More Intake and exhaust tubing
>A lot more exaust tubing if you want ELH

UEL are usually bad since they increase exhaust residual - already a problem on turbo cars.

I don't know why this turned into a boxer thread, but has anyone put an inline on its side? I suspect that even with good balancing it's impractical, but it's an interesting idea.

i wish they would bring back the Justy. that was a dope car.

Love boxer engines.
I've got a 2001 Legacy, and a 71 Gl1000, both with boxer engines.

Great driving characteristics on boxer engines. Very strange to ride a boxer motorcycle. It accelerates like a demon but the rpms barely increase.
Really good fuel economy on longer trips where you can keep the rpms consistent.

The legacy is the best DD/Camping mobile I've had. Handles like a dream, comfy, great visibility efficient, super reliable, unstoppable, kinda slow.

The boxer setup is really easy to work on, and gives great engine bay ergonomics.

If I put my GL1000 on its side stand right after I turn it off one of the cylinders ends up with a drop or two of oil in it, and then the whole thing smokes like mad on startup. This is I suppose a boxer engine downside.

I don't think you can out-design fuji heavy industries, not even with a time traveling "modern aluminum block engine"

I like to think it could compete with the Fiesta, but they'd probably need to stop rebadging and make their own for a fast version to compete with the ST. In any case, a good first step would be bringing it back to the US, but until then I'll have my little 60hp ball of fun, and that's cool too.

Are you legit retarded?
Do people actually believe this stuff?

>that feel when you know its time to replace the sparkplugs of your WRX

REEEEEE AWDFAGS GET OUT