Hello Veeky Forums, I drilled two holes in my muffler to get some louder sounds out of my MX-5...

Hello Veeky Forums, I drilled two holes in my muffler to get some louder sounds out of my MX-5. There was no noticeable difference in sound and there is also this weird packing material that seems to be inside the muffler so I suspect my holes wont even do much since the interior is lined with this shit.

What should I do? Make more holes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkJGOAmtWuc
youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2csVvmwuY
youtu.be/ag-CT1NHP-k
youtu.be/6fPYFh5kpus
youtube.com/watch?v=e5-6T5CwdpU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=sxXtpMngivM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's called muffler cause it muffles the beautiful sound your engine makes.
Take that shit off.

take the baffles out of the back box or take the back box off completely

just drilling holes will make it sounds p shit, just remove the muffler if you want loud.

I don't want to take it off. I like the idea of being able to titrate the decibels up by just drilling more holes. The problem is that it isn't doing anything. Should I just make an even bigger hole and pull some of the packing out?

Sure

If you're serious about getting some real noise out of your car you want some exhaust flange spacers.

Haha, that is actually a pretty clever idea. The issue is that even with a 1 washer gap that thing would be fucking loud as shit.

>actually having an exhaust
cringy

And that you would have removed the muffler from the system....retard.

try drilling two exhausts down your hole for massive sound effects OP

maybe try to drill on the exhaust pipe itself rather then the muffler?

Why is it so hard to get some actual fucking advice from you guys? I know it seems like a ricey approach but this is the best way to accomplish what I want to do.

>free
>no effect on air:fuel ratio
>dont need to get under car to do
>get work my way up on the loudness scale

I just need to know if making more holes will solve my dilemma or if I need to start using a pair of tweezers to pull this packing material out

>taking the muffler off of anything with less than a 10:1 power to weight ratio

Kys

You need to find a way to get that big box open OP, under the cover are batteries which power the muffler to ensure that it works and makes stuff quiet. Remove the batteries for your muffler and it'll be much louder, trust me I've done this before

Because it's a ricey approach that just shouldn't be done. There's no advice for doing shit the wrong way, that's call misinformation.

OP, you will be laughed at. 4 bangers are the worst things to straight pipe period.

>flooding cab with exhaust

Pull the material out or take the whole muffler off you fucking autist, you probably won't take our advice suggested in the first few post anyways so go fuck yourself.

see

>4 bangers are the worst things to straight pipe period
that would be i6

Only v8s or bigger deserve to be heard. Everything else sounds pretty annoying.

>cousin fucker opinions

Provide one example of a good sounding engine with less than 8 cylinders

i can provide even more than one
youtube.com/watch?v=dkJGOAmtWuc
youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2csVvmwuY

Veeky Forums is disappointing.

The packing you see in your holes is fiberglass muffler packing. That's the fluff that's soaking up the sound in your muffler. Get tweezers or needle nose pliers, pull it out and the exhaust will be able to escape through your holes. Right now it's still trapped by the packing going out the back if it didnt get louder.

Instead of this thread, You could also just have Googled how a muffler works.

The buzzing bee sounds from a civic 4bangers

First one sounds like farts
Second one sounds a cow mooing

Here's an actual car: youtu.be/ag-CT1NHP-k

Also a bike you had the opportunity to use: youtu.be/6fPYFh5kpus

>anything sound like fart
>posts a VMax
lmao
>the dodge
sounds like dry peas in a tin can when you shake them lmao i guess if you like your cars sounding broken than that's the way to go for you

1JZ
J
Z

Ignore the autist driving

youtube.com/watch?v=e5-6T5CwdpU&t

Muh GTR, NSX, Pupra, STI, Evo, RS Audis, muh BMW E30.
Muh Fairlady Z's
Muh GMC Syclone

Muh Volvo I5 as well
Doritos aren't my taste but I can see the appeal

holy shit this driver is so cringy lmaoooooooo!

and the turbo sounds like cancer if i am honest lol

>Disliking a cammed v8
Opinion discarded

cut it off and weld a louder one on, single chamber should be good and it'll be a lot lighter

Would sound better if it was deeper/lower. Turbo blowoff is the only thing that sounded good.

k cuck

>implying
Aren't euros with shitty .01l 4 bangers the cucks? It's the only explanation for letting Muhammads in your "country"

Lol assmad cuck nu male manlet detected

>assmad cuck nu male manlet
Wow those are a lot of buzzwords for a yuropoor to know. Does Habib at least give you a reach around?

assmad beta-cuck nu male manlet rage is hilarious loool

>16825562
I'm all out of (You)'s sorry

>projecting this hard

@16825573
sais the right one lulz0r

Aside from sounding like an exhaust leak at idle, it's not too bad with just one washer

Op, just take the mufflers off your car entirely. It's not that difficult, and you can put them back on when you need to get smogged.

Also, drilling holes won't do anything. Just take the muffler off, test the sound, if you like it then keep it that way, if you don't, put them back on.

Because this is a Korean puppet show BBS.

Now kindly go kys snowflake

What am I supposed to see?

Will I die from fumes tho?

The massive gap between the header and exhaust pipe where the catalytic converter would go

You'll die happy*

>Implying I'm happy

Vintage Ferrari v6, new jaguar v6, Alfa busso v6, nsx, r35
Any inline 6

No OP, it's like if you were trying to siphon gas. Stick some plastic tubing in there and start sucking, it should flow right out

youtube.com/watch?v=sxXtpMngivM
get fucked v8 cuck

>posting a race car when the discussion was about some faggot cutting the muffler off of a miata

>> Provide one example of a good sounding engine with less than 8 cylinders

can v8 drivers even read?

What they do? Put them whistles in the tail pipe?

Itll probably sound like shit.

Most I4's do with out a decent muffler.

He could just drain the gear fluid out of the muffler. You know, the gear fluid keeping the muffler bearings quiet.

Can shitbox drivers even infer?